PDA

View Full Version : From the Frying Pan Into the Fire

Maxie the Taxi
08-07-2008, 07:23 AM
If Brett Favre's feelings were hurt during this whole sordid episode with Green Bay, imagine what's in store for him when he blows into NYC and is consumed by the rabid media there. Gulp!

Think Chad Pennington. Think Eli Manning. Think Tiki Barber. Think any number of people who have been chewed up and spit out by the NY press.

One thing is for sure. We haven't heard the last from Brett Favre. You can bet your life that whatever dirty laundry accumulated in Green Bay and Mississippi over the past months and years is going to be hung in NYC and aired nationwide over the next few days and weeks.

In the end, trading Favre to NY may be TT's biggest error in this mess. It might have more of a lasting and toxic effect on the Packers' upcoming season than any other outcome, including a trade with the Vikes. Time will tell, and so will Favre. The man can't keep his mouth shut.

Good luck in The Big Apple, Brett. You're gonna need it...and so will the Packers.

cpk1994
08-07-2008, 07:26 AM
I don't think you have to worry about that. Eric Mangini is a Bill Bellichek desiple and tolerates far less crap than McCarthy does. Brett openms his mouth to spew and Mangini will close it for him.

MadtownPacker
08-07-2008, 07:30 AM
CPK - Maybe you can stop acting like an ass now that you got what you wanted??

Maxie the Taxi
08-07-2008, 07:36 AM
I don't think you have to worry about that. Eric Mangini is a Bill Bellichek desiple and tolerates far less crap than McCarthy does. Brett openms his mouth to spew and Mangini will close it for him.

I don't know about that. Brett's already "spewing." See the Newsday article in the thread posted by BadgerinMaine.

Fritz
08-07-2008, 07:52 AM
I don't know that I agree that this is TT's worst move simply b/c of the media...ESPN and FOX are everywhere. Still, I hadn't thought of this. Interesting idea.

LL2
08-07-2008, 08:20 AM
I hope the Jets make the playoffs so the Packers get a 2nd rd pick...the better he does the better the draft pick the Packers get...once in the playoffs I hope he throws 5 int's and lose 35-7!

The Leaper
08-07-2008, 08:43 AM
the better he does the better the draft pick the Packers get...once in the playoffs I hope he throws 5 int's and lose 35-7!

Why?

If the Jets get to the Super Bowl, we get a 1st round pick.

swede
08-07-2008, 08:46 AM
the better he does the better the draft pick the Packers get...once in the playoffs I hope he throws 5 int's and lose 35-7!

Why?

If the Jets get to the Super Bowl, we get a 1st round pick.

If we beat them in the Superbowl we get their first round pick.

It would be like racing for pink slips.

Maxie the Taxi
08-07-2008, 08:51 AM

The more I think about this the more I think Brett's gonna need luck in NYC. If Mangini is as intolerant as you say, imagine how he's gonna react when Favre heaves the ball 60-yards into the end zone and into triple coverage!

HarveyWallbangers
08-07-2008, 09:42 AM
The more I think about this the more I think Brett's gonna need luck in NYC. If Mangini is as intolerant as you say, imagine how he's gonna react when Favre heaves the ball 60-yards into the end zone and into triple coverage!

He'll just be amazed he has a QB that can throw it more than 20 years downfield.

prsnfoto
08-07-2008, 10:02 AM
CPK - Maybe you can stop acting like an ass now that you got what you wanted??

He can't this is what happens when your momma is really your older half sister.

Zool
08-07-2008, 10:05 AM

He'll just be amazed he has a QB that can throw it more than 20 years downfield.

Cmon now Harv, Clemens threw a 25yard bomb just the other day.

BallHawk
08-07-2008, 10:08 AM
Realistically, how far can Pennington throw the ball?

Maxie the Taxi
08-07-2008, 10:11 AM

I heard he can throw it 60 yards on a line. But you have to take into account I'm the founder of the Rad Chad Fad fan club and we've just hired Bus Cook as our accountant.

vince
08-07-2008, 10:11 AM
If Brett Favre's feelings were hurt during this whole sordid episode with Green Bay, imagine what's in store for him when he blows into NYC and is consumed by the rabid media there. Gulp!

Think Chad Pennington. Think Eli Manning. Think Tiki Barber. Think any number of people who have been chewed up and spit out by the NY press.

One thing is for sure. We haven't heard the last from Brett Favre. You can bet your life that whatever dirty laundry accumulated in Green Bay and Mississippi over the past months and years is going to be hung in NYC and aired nationwide over the next few days and weeks.

In the end, trading Favre to NY may be TT's biggest error in this mess. It might have more of a lasting and toxic effect on the Packers' upcoming season than any other outcome, including a trade with the Vikes. Time will tell, and so will Favre. The man can't keep his mouth shut.

Good luck in The Big Apple, Brett. You're gonna need it...and so will the Packers.Interesting take Maxie. Nice post, althought I disagree with it. I think Brett may have problems if he's not successful, but he would say the same things about the Packers regardless of where he's at, and it will be big news nationally for a bit, regardless of where he's at.

They may well take additional hits in the media, but the Packers are prepared for whatever comes about. As with all issues of public interest, the American attention span is pretty short-term. This will blow over soon for most, and the media will move past it and go on to the next thing - particularly when the team doesn't have to face Favre later this year and possibly in the playoffs...

texaspackerbacker
08-07-2008, 10:14 AM
Favre could easily give the NY media assholes all the fuel they need too. It took a supreme effort for him to get prepared enough to play well with super talent around him last year. This year, he stated that he didn't want to make that kind of effort, and with all the distractions and late start and new learning curve, etc., he really could flop in New York--which I am already on record as predicting.

Maxie the Taxi
08-07-2008, 10:15 AM

Good luck in The Big Apple, Brett. You're gonna need it...and so will the Packers.Interesting take Maxie. Nice post, althought I disagree with it. I think Brett may have problems if he's not successful, but he would say the same things about the Packers regardless of where he's at, and it will be big news nationally for a bit, regardless of where he's at.

They may well take additional hits in the media, but the Packers are prepared for whatever comes about. As with all issues of public interest, the American attention span is pretty short-term. This will blow over soon for most, and the media will move past it and go on to the next thing - particularly when the team doesn't have to face Favre later this year and possibly in the playoffs...

I hope you're right, Vince. It's Favre's emotionalism that concerns me. He's not shy about opening his mouth and he's proved to be very influenceable (if that's a word).

lod01
08-07-2008, 10:36 AM
I'm pretty sure Eli shut them up.

Gunakor
08-07-2008, 10:43 AM

Cmon now Harv, Clemens threw a 25yard bomb just the other day.

25 yard "bomb"...

That made me chuckle. :lol:

BallHawk
08-07-2008, 10:50 AM
I heard a few of the posters on the Jets forum call him Kellen Clemington.

:lol:

Harlan Huckleby
08-07-2008, 10:54 AM

ya, he always had a weak arm, now he's had injuries. Pass. (no pun intended)

Maxie the Taxi
08-07-2008, 10:55 AM

ya, he always had a weak arm, now he's had injuries. Pass. (no pun intended)

I can't believe you're gonna pass up this chance to be a charter member of the Bad Chad Fan Club.