PDA

View Full Version : COOK ASKED FOR MORE MONEY

packers11
08-07-2008, 08:37 AM
pft.com

COOK ASKED FOR MORE MONEY
Posted by Mike Florio on August 7, 2008, 9:33 a.m.
Agent Bus Cook, whose $360,000 payday was reinstated once Brett Favre’s $12 million base salary was absorbed by the Jets, reportedly wanted even more money from Favre’s new team.

According to Adam Schefter of NFL Network, Cook asked for a raise for Favre. It didn’t happen.

Under Favre’s current contract, he’s due to earn salaries of $13 million in 2009 and $14 million in 2010. That’s a total of $39 million over three years.

Maxie the Taxi
08-07-2008, 08:39 AM
What's the old saying? "Follow the money."

This Favre mess was(is) more about money than anyone wants to admit.

Bossman641
08-07-2008, 08:43 AM
pft.com

COOK ASKED FOR MORE MONEY
Posted by Mike Florio on August 7, 2008, 9:33 a.m.
Agent Bus Cook, whose $360,000 payday was reinstated once Brett Favre’s $12 million base salary was absorbed by the Jets, reportedly wanted even more money from Favre’s new team.

According to Adam Schefter of NFL Network, Cook asked for a raise for Favre. It didn’t happen.

Under Favre’s current contract, he’s due to earn salaries of $13 million in 2009 and $14 million in 2010. That’s a total of $39 million over three years.

WTF. Does Cook got a thing for making it rain at the strip clubs or what? You'd think he would have plenty of money.

GBRulz
08-07-2008, 09:14 AM

Maybe from Cook's perspective it was.

sheepshead
08-07-2008, 09:18 AM
Cook's an idiot.

MTPackerfan
08-07-2008, 09:36 AM
Cook was a big part of this "Come Back", no doubt. He lost a huge payday when Brett retired.

LL2
08-07-2008, 09:42 AM
I'm sure Favre made Cook very wealthy...he's a leach.

prsnfoto
08-07-2008, 09:48 AM

Guess what that is his job to make himself and his client more money if this was about more money to Brett he would have took the 25 million personal appearance fee he didn't so shut the fuck up old man.

HarveyWallbangers
08-07-2008, 09:49 AM
Cook has made mistakes, but he's not really the "villain." He's taking some of the criticism for Favre, but I'm sure he's doing what Favre wants him to do.

Gunakor
08-07-2008, 09:55 AM

Guess what that is his job to make himself and his client more money if this was about more money to Brett he would have took the 25 million personal appearance fee he didn't so shut the fuck up old man.

Lets be honest, it's what they both wanted. It was about the money for Cook, for Brett, for Deanna too. Brett wouldn't have taken up the 25 million dollar offer from Murphy if it was about the money, because that 25 million would have paid out over 10 years. By playing, Favre stands to make 39 million over just 3 years. And he had Cook ask for a raise on top of that. Of course it has alot to do with the money. It probably had quite a bit to do with playing football as well, but don't presume that it wasn't about the money.

MTPackerfan
08-07-2008, 10:01 AM

Lets be honest, it's what they both wanted. It was about the money for Cook, for Brett, for Deanna too. Brett wouldn't have taken up the 25 million dollar offer from Murphy if it was about the money, because that 25 million would have paid out over 10 years. By playing, Favre stands to make 39 million over just 3 years. And he had Cook ask for a raise on top of that. Of course it has alot to do with the money. It probably had quite a bit to do with playing football as well, but don't presume that it wasn't about the money.

And potentially, the $20 million are still available when he finally does retire, at least according to the Packers when this was being bandied about.

Maxie the Taxi
08-07-2008, 10:20 AM

Don't call me old!

Cheesehead Craig
08-07-2008, 10:42 AM
Of course Cook wants more cash, who doesn't? He'll never get anywhere with a new contract for Favre from the Jets as once Brett REALLY retires, it's instant cap room for the Jets. No way they mess with that at all. No way.

Lurker64
08-07-2008, 10:44 AM
I'm not even sure how the Jets are going to fit Favre's existing contract under the cap (they didn't have much room left a couple weeks ago), let alone give him a raise.

HarveyWallbangers
08-07-2008, 10:45 AM
I'm not even sure how the Jets are going to fit Favre's existing contract under the cap (they didn't have much room left a couple weeks ago), let alone give him a raise.

Cutting Pennington will help.

Maxie the Taxi
08-07-2008, 10:45 AM

Careful, you're fueling all the "Jets are going to re-trade him" talk.

Gunakor
08-07-2008, 10:46 AM

I'm not either. They were 2 mil below the cap yesterday, and if they release Pennington today then they are 8 mil below the cap. Favre has a 12 million dollar contract. Releasing Pennington only gets them about halfway there. I wonder what else they are going to do?

Lurker64
08-07-2008, 10:48 AM

Careful, you're fueling all the "Jets are going to re-trade him" talk.

Right now, I am in favor of the Jets trading him to the Vikings. We'd get three first rounders from the Jets and the Vikings would have to give up more than that to get him.

I can say that since there's no way it can happen, though.

Harlan Huckleby
08-07-2008, 10:50 AM
An agent asking for more money? Outrageous!

Harlan Huckleby
08-07-2008, 10:51 AM
Right now, I am in favor of the Jets trading him to the Vikings.

Can this poster be banned? Mad, move this thread to the Romper Room, this guy is talking shit.