PDA

View Full Version : Noon news conference at Lambeau, Favre at 5 p.m. in Clevelan

packers11
08-07-2008, 10:45 AM
http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/ic/blogs/insider/index.shtml

Noon news conference at Lambeau, Favre at 5 p.m. in Cleveland

The Packers will discuss the Brett Favre trade to the New York Jets today at noon at the Lambeau Field media auditorium.

Packers President/CEO Mark Murphy, General Manager Ted Thompson and head coach Mike McCarthy are scheduled to appear.

UPDATE: The Jets have said that Brett Favre will hold a 5 p.m. (CDT) news conference in Cleveland, where the Jets play their exhibition opener tonight.

-- Rob Demovsky, rdemovsk@greenbaypressgazette.com

Maxie the Taxi
08-07-2008, 10:49 AM
10-1 Brett tearfully announces his retirement from the Jets.

sheepshead
08-07-2008, 10:51 AM

:wow: :wow:

Harlan Huckleby
08-07-2008, 10:52 AM

Appearance on Letterman tonight. Coyly says "you never know"

packers11
08-07-2008, 10:53 AM
I don't know if I can have myself watch his press conference... Just a couple months ago he said he gave it all he had... I can't see him outside of Green and Gold...

O well... I'm hoping for a .500 season or better... If not we the (fans) and the organization are in DEEP shit...

cpk1994
08-07-2008, 10:57 AM

Leaks to ESPN tomorrow that he has the itch to play and asks for reinstatement.

Maxie the Taxi
08-07-2008, 10:59 AM

Leaks to ESPN tomorrow that he has the itch to play and asks for reinstatement.

Now that there's funny!!!!!!!!!!

Maxie the Taxi
08-07-2008, 11:03 AM
New York Jets General Manager files complaint with NFL Commissioner alleging the Vikings tampered with Favre.

boiga
08-07-2008, 11:38 AM
Yup, the camera and sound are up.

Don't you think that they should have let McCarthy take the day off though?

packers11
08-07-2008, 11:41 AM
They brought the big table up...

Something is going to be announced... :wink:

cpk1994
08-07-2008, 11:42 AM

Something is going to be announced... :wink:They are announcing the signing of DT Gilbert Brown to a 5 year deal. You heard it here first.

packers11
08-07-2008, 11:43 AM

Something is going to be announced... :wink:They are announcing the signing of DT Gilbert Brown to a 5 year deal. You heard it here first.

I was expecting a trade for Mike Vick's rights... :lol:

BallHawk
08-07-2008, 11:51 AM
Linkage.

http://www.packers.com/multimedia/packers_on_air_schedule/

Maxie the Taxi
08-07-2008, 11:53 AM
Can't disagree with what's been said so far from the podium.

cpk1994
08-07-2008, 11:55 AM
Can't disagree with what's been said so far from the podium.Yeah, but they seem to be at a loss for words tough

Freak Out
"12 quatloos for the Packer!"

boiga
An intern comes out : "Guys, just cause you've been dicking us around for the last month, we are going to postpone this for another 45 minutes, at which point it will be postponed another hour, screw you ESPN."

BallHawk
08-07-2008, 11:57 AM
Check, check, mic test, 1, 2, 3.

cpk1994
08-07-2008, 11:57 AM
Id like to have the job of mic checking.

Maxie the Taxi
08-07-2008, 11:58 AM

Thank God! I thought he said: "Mike checking."

cpk1994
08-07-2008, 11:58 AM

Thank God! I thought he said: "Mike checking."Uhh, no. I don't swing that way. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

SkinBasket
08-07-2008, 12:00 PM
This si the first time I've watched one of these web-casts. I feel a little dirty. When do we get to tell those guys what clothes they take off?

BallHawk
08-07-2008, 12:00 PM
I think the Packers should bake all the members of the media a cake for always jerking them around with press conferences.

Can Ted cook? Or at least apply the frosting? Go out to Piggly Wiggly and buy cupcakes?

cpk1994
08-07-2008, 12:01 PM
I think the Packers should bake all the members of the media a cake for always jerking them around with press conferences.

Can Ted cook? Or at least apply the frosting? Go out to Piggly Wiggly and buy cupcakes?They can be a little classier. Donuts will suffice.

PS: 5:00 warning!

GoPackGo
08-07-2008, 12:02 PM
5 minute warning

cpk1994
08-07-2008, 12:04 PM
We've got plaenty of good seats still available. Come on down!

Maxie the Taxi
08-07-2008, 12:05 PM
Who's that girl at the mic who said "Two minute warning?"

Chevelle2

Why, was she hot?

BallHawk
Some guy just said

"Raise your hand if you're going to miss the steakhouse."

:D

Tarlam!
08-07-2008, 12:06 PM
This si the first time I've watched one of these web-casts. I feel a little dirty. When do we get to tell those guys what clothes they take off?

Fuck, Skin, you have me in stitches when you post shit like this! God, I laughed so hard at this!

Maxie the Taxi

Why, was she hot?

Hot? No, she was just a girl.

cpk1994
Who's that girl at the mic who said "Two minute warning?"Ted's secretary?

GoPackGo
08-07-2008, 12:07 PM
Does Favre's steakhouse serve beef wellington?

cpk1994
08-07-2008, 12:08 PM
Does Favre's steakhouse serve beef wellington?Not sure, but I heard they added waffles to the menu.

GoPackGo
08-07-2008, 12:09 PM
2 minute warning

BallHawk
"Friendly reminder, please turn off your cell phones."

"That sounded a little angry, Rob."

This is amusing.

Gunakor
Does Favre's steakhouse serve beef wellington?Not sure, but I heard they added waffles to the menu.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

BallHawk
08-07-2008, 12:11 PM
Did anybody check out Ted's clothes? Chinos with plain white sneakers.

I love this guy.

packers11
08-07-2008, 12:12 PM
"No Ego" :wink:

BallHawk
They better say thank you to Ari Fleischer, those bastards.

boiga
No ego, united front approach.

Hmm... this is going to rile some favre fans up.

cpk1994
Not exactly a picture worthy of the cover of GQ.

GBRulz
looking at TT makes me ill right now

Jimx29
08-07-2008, 12:13 PM
http://i34.tinypic.com/241koer.jpg

boiga
08-07-2008, 12:14 PM
Wow... Ted looks a little broken up.

GBRulz
08-07-2008, 12:15 PM
Oh give me a freaken break, TT...did Ari tell you to act like this is breaking your heart?

Gunakor
Wow... Ted looks a little broken up.

This couldn't have been an easy decision.

cpk1994
Oh give me a freaken break, TT...did Ari tell you to act like this is breaking your heart?Im detecting some bitterness....

BallHawk
08-07-2008, 12:16 PM
Oh give me a freaken break, TT...did Ari tell you to act like this is breaking your heart?

I think Ted's more emotionally involved in this than you think.

cpk1994
08-07-2008, 12:17 PM

I think Ted's more emotionally involved in this than you think.

I agree. He is human after all.

Gunakor

Who told Brett to tell Mike that he couldn't be 100% committed to playing for the Green Bay Packers? It could not have been easy for anybody...

digitaldean
TT is not the warm and fuzzy type obviously, but this constant carping on him is juvenile.

You might as well have him walk in with a black cape and top hat and have a Snidely Whiplash look about him.

Give it a rest!

BallHawk
08-07-2008, 12:18 PM
TT is not the warm and fuzzy type obviously, but this constant carping on him is juvenile.

You might as well have him walk in with a black cape and top hat and have a Snidely Whiplash look about him.

Give it a rest!

Agreed.

GBRulz
08-07-2008, 12:18 PM

Did Ari tell Brett to tell Mike that he couldn't be 100% committed to playing for the Green Bay Packers? It could not have been easy for anybody...

I truly believe that the damage was already done before that conversation. Why would he commit to a team that didn't want him?

cpk1994
08-07-2008, 12:19 PM
McCarthy looks like he'd rather be somewhere else.

Gunakor
08-07-2008, 12:19 PM

Did Ari tell Brett to tell Mike that he couldn't be 100% committed to playing for the Green Bay Packers? It could not have been easy for anybody...

I truly believe that the damage was already done before that conversation. Why would he commit to a team that didn't want him?

Why would he retire from a team that did want him?

cpk1994
08-07-2008, 12:21 PM

Why would he retire from a team that did want him?Cna't we just give this a rest? Its painful for everybody.

boiga
08-07-2008, 12:21 PM
McCarthy looks like he'd rather be somewhere else.Not exactly a surprise. This is getting a little sappy.

Did ted just complain about Brett being passive aggressive about his issues with TT?

Cna't we just give this a rest? Its painful for everybody. Heartily agreed.

GBRulz
08-07-2008, 12:22 PM

I still think there was more behind the scenes that caused him to retire and then regret it. Things we'll never know.

cpk1994
08-07-2008, 12:23 PM
Mark Murphy looks like he has his game face on though.

Jimx29

Give it a rest!You mean not have any emotion for and/or about your favorite football team that just lost their (arguably) best player ever?

footballfever

You're an idiot. If you honestly think that TT is that important that all he says and all he does is above and beyond the reach of anyone else in the organization you're sadly mistaken. Keep those ignorant comments to yourself. If you didn't hear at the beginning of the press conference the 3 of them stood together on EVERY decision made. Now do the math between the 3 of them how many people do you think work under them and for them? Probably close to 20 a piece. So that's 60 people that had a majority vote in favor of this decision. Then you have the players, you think if this move wasn't in the best interest of the team and team chemistry someone wouldn't speak up? You undermine the authority of everyone involved in the situation and the leadership of the team. So shut your mouth and get over it. Go to your NYJ forums and speak your mind, fricken bigot.

Chevelle2

I still think there was more behind the scenes that caused him to retire and then regret it. Things we'll never know.

Someone needs to write a tell all book in 10 years.

GBRulz
Cna't we just give this a rest? Its painful for everybody.

Agreed. I'll get over it...just not today. :cry:

Pacopete4
08-07-2008, 12:24 PM

You hit the nail on the head right there.. all was done before even coming to GB... Brett said it himself that it was just a formality coming to GB...

BallHawk
08-07-2008, 12:25 PM

Mark Murphy is a stone-cold warrior.

cpk1994
08-07-2008, 12:25 PM

Mark Murphy is a stone-cold warrior.That scowl could break glass.

digitaldean
08-07-2008, 12:26 PM

Give it a rest!You mean not have any emotion for and/or about your favorite football team that just lost their (arguably) best player ever?

Every is entitled to their opinion. But there is a point where respewing the same emotions serves no good purpose.

I held back on commenting a lot more than what I have regarding Brett and the organization. Just blowing steam can tend to inflame.

Go ahead, say what you want, like I'm going to stop anybody.

BallHawk
TED FEARS NOTHING!

Jimx29
I'm hoping that now that they reclaimed a ton of cap money, they can now afford to buy a mic so that we can hear what the questions are :roll:

MM is reminding me right now of Ed Grimley

Freak Out

Give it a rest!

:glug:

First Snidely Whiplash reference that I remember here! Well done Dean.

BallHawk
Mike has a "I wonder what I'm having for dinner" look.

GBRulz

You're an idiot. If you honestly think that TT is that important that all he says and all he does is above and beyond the reach of anyone else in the organization you're sadly mistaken. Keep those ignorant comments to yourself. If you didn't hear at the beginning of the press conference the 3 of them stood together on EVERY decision made. Now do the math between the 3 of them how many people do you think work under them and for them? Probably close to 20 a piece. So that's 60 people that had a majority vote in favor of this decision. Then you have the players, you think if this move wasn't in the best interest of the team and team chemistry someone wouldn't speak up? You undermine the authority of everyone involved in the situation and the leadership of the team. So shut your mouth and get over it. Go to your NYJ forums and speak your mind, fricken bigot.

Last I thought, this was a forum and people could express themselves without the name calling? People are a little emotional right now, is that so hard for you to get? I trust M3, I don't trust TT and why this whole thing had to play out so long....so shoot me.

BallHawk
08-07-2008, 12:27 PM
I'm hoping that now that they reclaimed a ton of cap money, they can now afford to buy a mic so that we can hear what the questions are :roll:

MM is reminding me right now of Ed Grimley

I can hear the reporters.

Chevelle2
08-07-2008, 12:27 PM

I can bet that he won't have a salad tonight.

Jimx29
08-07-2008, 12:28 PM
anyone have an idea who that prick was that just kept talking over the female questioner?

whatadouchebag

cpk1994
08-07-2008, 12:29 PM

Im thikning steak & a Miller Lite.

footballfever
08-07-2008, 12:29 PM

Last I thought, this was a forum and people could express themselves without the name calling? People are a little emotional right now, is that so hard for you to get? I trust M3, I don't trust TT and why this whole thing had to play out so long....so shoot me.

People were emotional when he retired, people are acting stupid now holding on this long to someone who had already walked away. I had closure the day he retired, it was sad and life went on. When he came back it was just a business decision to remove the cancer from the team.

BallHawk
08-07-2008, 12:30 PM

Ted will have a liver with fava beans and a Chianti.

cpk1994
08-07-2008, 12:30 PM

People were emotional when he retired, people are acting stupid now holding on this long to someone who had already walked away. I had closure the day he retired, it was sad and life went on. When he came back it was just a business decision to remove the cancer from the team.It thikn it was more like a boil than a cancer.

boiga
08-07-2008, 12:31 PM
anyone have an idea who that prick was that just kept talking over the female questioner?

whatadouchebagThe again... they never answered her question why they didn't want him back a month ago. Murphy completely skirted the question.

BallHawk

Im thikning steak & a Miller Lite.

Congratulations on correctly predicting what 50% of Wisconsin males will have at the dinner table tonight. :D

cpk1994

TT = Hannibal Lecter?

Pacopete4
08-07-2008, 12:32 PM

People were emotional when he retired, people are acting stupid now holding on this long to someone who had already walked away. I had closure the day he retired, it was sad and life went on. When he came back it was just a business decision to remove the cancer from the team.It thikn it was more like a boil than a cancer.

Get off GBrulz back... she just feels horrible like a lot of Packer fans do and have felt for the past 5 months since all of this started... some people do care about Brett

BallHawk

TT = Hannibal Lecter?

TT= Hannibal Lecter + Jeffery Dahmer + Ivan the Terrible.

boiga
Go McCarthy!

Edit: So it WAS M3 that decided that Brett's waffling made it impossible to invite him back.

Gunakor

This whole thing has really only taken a couple days. There is nothing Green Bay could do until Goodell had reinstated him. The more I think about it, the less I think TT and Packers management dragged this out more than a couple days. Brett Favre on the other hand appears to be the one who dragged this out for a month prior. I think maybe if Favre would have been reinstated at the beginning of July that he'd have found a new home 3 weeks ago.

footballfever
08-07-2008, 12:33 PM

It was growing rapidly and it had to be done, bottomline. There was nothing good to come of him coming back here so he had to go.

cpk1994
08-07-2008, 12:33 PM

TT = Hannibal Lecter?

TT= Hannibal Lecter + Jeffery Dahmer + Ivan the Terrible.

Damn, TT is a BAAAD man.

footballfever
08-07-2008, 12:34 PM

Get off GBrulz back... she just feels horrible like a lot of Packer fans do and have felt for the past 5 months since all of this started... some people do care about Brett

Join a support group then. Hug each other and sing kumbai ah. Have some coffe and cake and cry about it. Do what you gotta do to remove the emotion and ignorance from yourselves

BallHawk
08-07-2008, 12:35 PM
KILL THE QUOTE BOX CHAIN!

cpk1994
For a second there. McCarthy looked like he had a uni-brow.

footballfever

This whole thing has really only taken a couple days. There is nothing Green Bay could do until Goodell had reinstated him. The more I think about it, the less I think TT and Packers management dragged this out more than a couple days. Brett Favre on the other hand appears to be the one who dragged this out for a month prior. I think maybe if Favre would have been reinstated at the beginning of July that he'd have found a new home 3 weeks ago.

So we should say Brett makes us ill when we see him next then, because thats the most logical reaction we can have, right?

Chevelle2
08-07-2008, 12:37 PM

I bet he has never had a salad in his life.

Gunakor
08-07-2008, 12:37 PM

So we should say Brett makes us ill when we see him next then, because thats the most logical reaction we can have, right?

No, not at all. Nothing about this situation makes me ill. It works out best for all parties involved. Brett gets to play football again, Green Bay gets to move forward with as little distraction as possible. Hopefully we'll meet again in Tampa. Until that time I can cheer for both the Packers and the Jets. What should I become ill about?

BallHawk
08-07-2008, 12:38 PM

Ted eats what his mother feeds him. If Mom brings home salad, Ted better eat salad or he's getting kicked outta the house.

boiga
Brett as QB coach?

Maxie the Taxi
Did I just hear Brett might come back as a QB coach when he retires again?

BallHawk
Brett as QB coach?

For the Little Giants maybe....

Chevelle2

Ted eats what his mother feeds him. If Mom brings home salad, Ted better eat salad or he's getting kicked outta the house.

Oops sorry, I mean MM.

MM has never had a salad in his life. Book it.

packinpatland
08-07-2008, 12:39 PM
All you Favre-bashers sure were singing a different tune at about game 14 last season...............

K-town

How the hell is one forum poster going to undermine the authority of everyone involved in the situation, and the leadership of the team?
If by "you" you are referring to Brett, the organization has withstood worse public relations issues and Harder times (remember Mossy Cade, James Lofton, 1950s bankruptcy et. al.?).
And by the way, assbag, the next time you use the words "idiot", "ignorant" and "fricken bigot (WTF?)", I sure hope you're looking in the mirror.

GBRulz
People were emotional when he retired, people are acting stupid now holding on this long to someone who had already walked away. I had closure the day he retired, it was sad and life went on. When he came back it was just a business decision to remove the cancer from the team.

DUH, do you think people still aren't emotional?? :roll: 12 hours ago, we heard the news that he will be in a different uniform. That's much different than him just retiring. It's hard to take, especially when two days ago there was talk about possibly being our back up, or even competing for the starting job.

I don't know who the hell you are, but you rarely post here and if you're going to just come here and call people idiots and bigots, you can take your monkey and go back to wherever you came from, we don't need that here.

Gunakor
08-07-2008, 12:40 PM
Brett as QB coach?

Big NO on that one.

As great as Brett is or was, he's not the guy I want coaching my young QB's. Not many people can throw off of thier back foot across thier body with any zip or accuracy like Favre can. I dont want to see my young QB's even attempting some of the crap that Favre pulled and was successful with.

BallHawk

Never has. But Mike's gotta wife now. Times are a changin'. :D

BallHawk
Bob just got owned by Mike.

Chevelle2
08-07-2008, 12:41 PM
Bob just got owned by Mike.

LOL yup.

boiga
Brett as QB coach?

Big NO on that one.

As great as Brett is or was, he's not the guy I want coaching my young QB's. Not many people can throw off of thier back foot across thier body with any zip or accuracy like Favre can. I dont want to see my young QB's even attempting some of the crap that Favre pulled and was successful with. But he would give great advice about reading coverages, when to call an audible, and decision making under center.

Sure his fundamentals are whack, but he has a crap load of experience to share.

M3 rules by the way.

BallHawk
you can take your monkey and go back to wherever you came from

That was good. I LOL'd. :D

footballfever
08-07-2008, 12:42 PM

No, not at all. Nothing about this situation makes me ill. It works out best for all parties involved. Brett gets to play football again, Green Bay gets to move forward with as little distraction as possible. Hopefully we'll meet again in Tampa. Until that time I can cheer for both the Packers and the Jets. What should I become ill about?

Well that was that persons reaction to how they felt about TT. So therefore someone is at fault for sucking the life out of our enjoyment for football and since it was clearly bretts fault for this situation happening he should make us ill when we see him. I'm trying to understand why someone would say TT makes them ill, sounds pretty stupid to me. Maybe they should look into that comment a little bit. I don't know the person that said it personally, but he/she must be smarter than the people that are paid millions of dollars to make the executive decisions to hire a man like TT and if that be the case my apologies to them.

cpk1994
Bob just got owned by Mike.and Mark looks like he wants to put the pads on and hit somebody.

BallHawk
Both Mike and Mark are very efficient and frank when they talk. Hard-nosed.

Ted....eh, like a 13 year old giving his Bar Mitzvah speech.

cpk1994
08-07-2008, 12:44 PM

Ted....eh, like a 13 year old giving his Bar Mitzvah speech.Ted would probably be excellent at giving eulogies however.

BallHawk
08-07-2008, 12:45 PM

Ted....eh, like a 13 year old giving his Bar Mitzvah speech.Ted would probably be excellent at giving eulogies however.

I'd leave that to Ari. :D

cpk1994
08-07-2008, 12:46 PM
Not having retirement ceremony this year. No shit, Mark Ya think?

Zool
08-07-2008, 12:47 PM
How does coach not tell that whiney bitch of a reporter to suck it?

Maxie the Taxi
08-07-2008, 12:47 PM
How dumb can reporters be?

BallHawk
08-07-2008, 12:48 PM

Knowing Brett, it's not safe to have a retirement ceremony until he's six feet under.

cpk1994
08-07-2008, 12:49 PM

Knowing Brett, it's not safe to have a retirement ceremony until he's six feet under.Or Ted.

boiga
So murphy felt he got played by Cook...

Some of these media guys are douchebags though.

GoPackGo
Thats was painful to watch

BallHawk
I cannot express how much I respect Ted's wardrobe. Dude is cash.

Pacopete4
ya, that stunk.. I really never saw any of this ever coming in the Brett Favre era

boiga
08-07-2008, 12:50 PM
Did anyone learn anything?

cpk1994
08-07-2008, 12:50 PM
I cannot express how much I respect Ted's wardrobe. Dude is cash.That is why TT is the man. And why we will never be like him.

Pacopete4
08-07-2008, 12:51 PM

I think we all learned that all problems in life usually revolve around the lack of communication... thats what i've taken from this

cpk1994
08-07-2008, 12:51 PM
Did anyone learn anything?Yeah, TT is one hell of a dresser.

GBRulz
08-07-2008, 12:52 PM
Brett getting on the plane wearing a Jets hat..just showed it on TV. Talk about a pit in my stomach.

Gunakor

Not really. Favre and Green Bay couldn't commit to each other 100%, just like yesterday. It was a tough decision for everyone, just like yesterday. We will all miss #4, just like yesterday. The media is still asking dumb ass questions, just like yesterday. What was to be learned here?

GBRulz

Yes, that TT was a politician in his former life :lol:

Maxie the Taxi
08-07-2008, 12:53 PM

I learned why my divorce didn't go well at all.

packers11
08-07-2008, 12:54 PM
http://blog.nj.com/jets_impact/2008/08/large_jets-hat.jpg

:| :shock: [/img]

Zool
Well it just confirmed in my head that the media is ruining the earth along with lawyers.

Pacopete4
http://blog.nj.com/jets_impact/2008/08/large_jets-hat.jpg

:| :shock: [/img]

ya what the fuck...

MateoInMex
08-07-2008, 12:55 PM
Brett getting on the plane wearing a Jets hat..just showed it on TV. Talk about a pit in my stomach.

Ah, I know. I felt the same way. However, I have a really good friend of mine who is a major JETS fan. This is going to be his X-Mas! After years of suffering, this will be the JETS fan moment of actually leaving the club with the stripper!

packers11
08-07-2008, 12:56 PM
Looks like Brett is over 'us' ... Its time to move on...

Maxie the Taxi
08-07-2008, 12:56 PM
Is that a smile on Favre's face, or a smirk?

cpk1994
08-07-2008, 12:57 PM
Is that a smile on Favre's face, or a smirk?more like consitpation.

MateoInMex
08-07-2008, 12:58 PM
You'd think with technology, EMAIL, Camera phones, txt msg, access to Citation Jets, abundant money....Communication wouldn't be an issue.

How the hell do the Packers say that "With Brett being in Mississippi and us being in GB", communication was an issue?

Yet somehow, IBM can deliver life saving cardiac equipment to even the most remote villages in India.

Gunakor
08-07-2008, 12:59 PM
Is that a smile on Favre's face, or a smirk?

He's smiling. He's going to be playing football again in a couple days. Football has always been the remedy to all of life's troubles for Favre, and this is no exception.

bbbffl66
08-07-2008, 01:00 PM

I think we all learned that all problems in life usually revolve around the lack of communication... thats what i've taken from this

I don't expect a good 'ol southern boy to have great communication skills. I DO expect a CEO of a multi million dollar corporation to have them though!

prsnfoto
08-07-2008, 01:01 PM

Settle down douche bag. Who is that ugly bitch holding you on her shoulder?

VegasPackFan
08-07-2008, 01:02 PM
You'd think with technology, EMAIL, Camera phones, txt msg, access to Citation Jets, abundant money....Communication wouldn't be an issue.

How the hell do the Packers say that "With Brett being in Mississippi and us being in GB", communication was an issue?

Yet somehow, IBM can deliver life saving cardiac equipment to even the most remote villages in India.

Favre kept airing his laundry out in the media. That is were the "communication breakdown" took place. He didnt have to do that Greta interview. He could have just flown up to GB and talked directly with TT and MM.

The Leaper
08-07-2008, 01:03 PM
Favre will still go into Canton as a Packer...in the end, it just was time for both sides to go a different way. Business is business.

5 years from now, this will all pretty much be water over the dam.

cpk1994
08-07-2008, 01:03 PM

Settle down douche bag. Who is that ugly bitch holding you on her shoulder?I would guess your mother.

Maxie the Taxi
08-07-2008, 01:04 PM

Favre kept airing his laundry out in the media. That is were the "communication breakdown" took place. He didnt have to do that Greta interview. He could have just flown up to GB and talked directly with TT and MM.

You hit the nail on the head. If you retire and then change your mind, it's up to you to bring your case to management. It's not up to management to cater to you. I think that's what Murphy meant when he said he might do things differently in hindsight.

Cheesehead Craig
08-07-2008, 01:11 PM
Not to start another thread, but apparently Mortensen just reported on ESPN that Favre is nixing the trade to the Jets. A friend of mine here at work just came over to my desk saying he heard it on TV.

I have no first hand knowledge of this at all, just a friend telling me this.

Maxie the Taxi
08-07-2008, 01:12 PM
Not to start another thread, but apparently Mortensen just reported on ESPN that Favre is nixing the trade to the Jets. A friend of mine here at work just came over to my desk saying he heard it on TV.

It must have been a smirk!

Joemailman
08-07-2008, 01:15 PM

whatadouchebagThe again... they never answered her question why they didn't want him back a month ago. Murphy completely skirted the question.

MM has said he didn't really think Favre would play again. So I think the answer is that they didn't think Favre was serious about playing, and that he would stay retired if they didn't bring him back. This is where the lack of communication comes in. Without being privy to their conversations, hard to say which side was most at fault.

Guiness
08-07-2008, 01:17 PM

Never has. But Mike's gotta wife now. Times are a changin'. :D

Bloody Mary and a stick of celery

cpk1994
08-07-2008, 01:18 PM

I have no first hand knowledge of this at all, just a friend telling me this.Favre can't nix the trade. Me thinks he is yanking your chain.

Guiness
08-07-2008, 01:22 PM
But he would give great advice about reading coverages, when to call an audible, and decision making under center.

Sure his fundamentals are whack, but he has a crap load of experience to share.

Trying to picture him on the sidelines as a coach when the QB goes down. Would he be like that terrible father? "Get up! Get up! I DON'T CARE IF IT'S BROKEN! GET UP ALREADY YOU CRYBABY!!! "

:lol:

HarveyWallbangers
08-07-2008, 01:24 PM

I have no first hand knowledge of this at all, just a friend telling me this.Favre can't nix the trade. Me thinks he is yanking your chain.

Not sure why he'd be wearing a Jets cap then.

Guiness
08-07-2008, 01:25 PM

Methinks the shot of him with a Jets cap (besides making me sick to my stomach) dispels that...

Pacopete4
08-07-2008, 01:31 PM
Favre will still go into Canton as a Packer...in the end, it just was time for both sides to go a different way. Business is business.

5 years from now, this will all pretty much be water over the dam.

Maybe he'll want to go in as Jet?

RIPackerFan
08-07-2008, 01:34 PM
I just threw up in my mouth a little - that is my biggest fear. The hatred between the Pack and Favre might be so bad that he doesn't go into Canton as a Packer.

Pacopete4
08-07-2008, 01:35 PM
I just threw up in my mouth a little - that is my biggest fear. The hatred between the Pack and Favre might be so bad that he doesn't go into Canton as a Packer.

Can never say never... I never thought any of this would happen, so who knows... specially if he happens to win a SB while being there.. plays a few more years, wins a lot more games.. who knows i guess..

Tarlam!
08-07-2008, 01:35 PM

I am just catching up on this thread, but I need to respond to this attack on Michele, so forgive me if I post a few times on this one.

footballfever, who the fuck do you think you are? Your opinion is just that, an opinion. GBR stated hers. You resorted to calling her names. That's not the style this forum prefers. You won't get banned here or even chastised by the mods. But expect the common folk to call you a fucktard for doing so.

You are a fucktard. You have no right to tell anyone to shut up so don't. Especially not the poster you picked on. She has more football in her pinkie toenail than most of us in our over-ego-inflated bodies.

Pacopete4
08-07-2008, 01:37 PM

I am just catching up on this thread, but I need to respond to this attack on Michele, so forgive me if I post a few times on this one.

footballfever, who the fuck do you think you are? Your opinion is just that, an opinion. GBR stated hers. You resorted to calling her names. That's not the style this forum prefers. You won't get banned here or even chastised by the mods. But expect the common folk to call you a fucktard for doing so.

You are a fucktard. You have no right to tell anyone to shut up so don't. Especially not the poster you picked on. She has more football in her pinkie toenail than most of us in our over-ego-inflated bodies.

BOOOM!

Zool
08-07-2008, 01:39 PM
You take your posting life in your keyboard enriched hands if you mess with a girl when Tarlam's around.

Gunakor
08-07-2008, 01:40 PM

Favre didn't seem like a person who hated the Packers. He hates TT, that much is sure, but he still loves and will always love the Green Bay Packers. I cannot see him going into the Hall as a Jet.

imscott72
08-07-2008, 01:41 PM

Settle down douche bag. Who is that ugly bitch holding you on her shoulder?I would guess your mother.

Is all this really necessary? Can't we act like adults, even if some of you aren't adults? :roll:

BallHawk
08-07-2008, 01:42 PM
http://www.nypost.com/photos/galleries/sports/pp_20080807_brett_favre/photo01.jpg

Cheesehead Craig
08-07-2008, 01:43 PM

Not sure why he'd be wearing a Jets cap then.
Usually he's pretty good (for a Viking fan) and doesn't mess with me too often. Thing is, I knew he was in our break room and ESPN was on. So if he got me, he unknowingly knew the set-up was good as he didn't see me in there. Oh well, that's why I didn't start up a new thread.

Joemailman
08-07-2008, 01:43 PM
Time heals most wounds. I'm sure Brett understands that if he were to go into Canton as a Jet, he would only hurt himself. He would be seen a spiteful. I agree his problem is with TT, not with the organization, players or fans.

cpk1994
08-07-2008, 04:17 PM
Time heals most wounds. I'm sure Brett understands that if he were to go into Canton as a Jet, he would only hurt himself. He would be seen a spiteful. I agree his problem is with TT, not with the organization, players or fans.One more time, in the NFL there is no such thing as "going into the Hall as a team x". That is baseball. Favre's bust is just his head. No helemt, no team. On his plaque lists all teams he plays for. Baseball is the one that has you wearing a team hat on your plaque.

sheepshead
08-07-2008, 04:21 PM
Time heals most wounds. I'm sure Brett understands that if he were to go into Canton as a Jet, he would only hurt himself. He would be seen a spiteful. I agree his problem is with TT, not with the organization, players or fans.

WTF are you talking about? Nobodyy goes to Canton as anything. You think they make a bust with a helmet on it?
( i just have to wonder sometimes)

sheepshead
08-07-2008, 04:22 PM
Just think, we actually have discussions with people like this....

cpk1994
08-07-2008, 04:55 PM
Just think, we actually have discussions with people like this....Yeah, people are getting the NFL confused with MLB. IN MLB you don go into the hall representing a team by the hat you wear on your plaque.

BallHawk
08-07-2008, 05:04 PM
The press conference won't start on time.

What a surprise.... :lol:

Harlan Huckleby
08-07-2008, 05:13 PM
The press conference won't start on time.

What a surprise.... :lol:

and the jets have announced a trade to the minnesota vikings

javqa
08-07-2008, 05:24 PM
Cna't we just give this a rest? Its painful for everybody.

Agreed. I'll get over it...just not today. :cry:

dido :(

imscott72
08-07-2008, 05:37 PM
Wow it's hard to see him there holding that ugly green jersey.. :(

Gunakor
08-07-2008, 05:38 PM

It's way better than the much uglier purple one he wanted.

BallHawk
08-07-2008, 05:38 PM
Favre doesn't look overjoyed.

imscott72
08-07-2008, 05:40 PM

Very true. Favre looks tired. You have to wonder if this is REALLY what he wants..

gbpackfan
08-07-2008, 05:41 PM
BallHawk,

I AGREE. Brett does not seem happy.

Brett will retire a Packer. You can count on that.

Gunakor
08-07-2008, 05:42 PM

Very true. Favre looks tired. You have to wonder if this is REALLY what he wants..

I think what he really wanted was just to play football. I think he'll be happy. Football has been his remedy to every problem he's had in his life, and this will be no different.

BallHawk
08-07-2008, 05:43 PM
Brett says he wanted to be a Packer and he always will be a Packer.

Nice. :D

gbpackfan
08-07-2008, 05:44 PM
Brett still wants to be a Packer. I can tell. He is not happy about being pushed out. I am sad. He should be in our uniform still.

imscott72
08-07-2008, 05:45 PM
Wow you can tell he still wants to play for us. "I've always wanted to be a Packer, I'll always be a Packer". I don't think he wants to be there at all.

BallHawk
Favre is actually conducting himself quite well in this interview.

Gunakor

That should dispel any worry that he'll go into Canton as a Jet. I never doubted for a second that Favre still loves and cares for the Packers and thier fans. The troubled relationship was between Favre and Thompson, both of whom will fade out of the league before teh Packers do.

imscott72
08-07-2008, 05:46 PM
Brett still wants to be a Packer. I can tell. He is not happy about being pushed out. I am sad. He should be in our uniform still.

yep.. :(

BallHawk
08-07-2008, 05:46 PM
He's either very, very tired or very, very unenthusiastic about this.

Or both.

cpk1994
08-07-2008, 05:47 PM

That should dispel any worry that he'll go into Canton as a Jet. I never doubted for a second that Favre still loves and cares for the Packers and thier fans. The troubled relationship was between Favre and Thompson, both of whom will fade out of the league before teh Packers do.

AGAIN HE DOES NOT GO INTO THE HALL AS A MEMEBER OF ANY TEAM. THAT IS BASEBALL. Jeez people, you are looking dumb.

Gunakor
08-07-2008, 05:47 PM

Don't start this. The Packers could not have been happy with Favre walking out on his own. This was a mutually agreed upon decision between McCarthy and Favre that it was best to part ways. They said it's okay, so it's okay.

imscott72
08-07-2008, 05:48 PM

AGAIN HE DOES NOT GO INTO THE HALL AS A MEMEBER OF ANY TEAM. THAT IS BASEBALL. Jeez people, you are looking dumb.

Man, sometimes you are such a prick..

BallHawk
08-07-2008, 05:48 PM
Apparently, when he went to bed the trade hadn't gone down yet. Woke up and he was traded.

BallHawk
08-07-2008, 05:49 PM

Don't start this. The Packers could not have been happy with Favre walking out on his own. This was a mutually agreed upon decision between McCarthy and Favre that it was best to part ways. They said it's okay, so it's okay.

I know we couldn't take him back, but you can tell he isn't as enthusiastic about this as he would of been coming back to Green Bay (or even Minny)

cpk1994
08-07-2008, 05:50 PM

Man, sometimes you are such a prick..WHy, becuase I point out this idiotic absuridty of worrying about Brett going into the hall as a Jet when he doesn't go into the hall as a member of ANY team. Again Baseball is the sport that does that, not the NFL.

Freak Out
08-07-2008, 05:51 PM
He's got to be tired of all the BS..even though he fueled the fire big time with some of his antics. Once he gets to working with the team he'll get pretty fired up.

imscott72
08-07-2008, 05:52 PM

Man, sometimes you are such a prick..WHy, becuase I point out this idiotic absuridty of worrying about Brett going into the hall as a Jet when he doesn't go into the hall as a member of ANY team. Again Baseball is the sport that does that, not the NFL.

I realize that, but calling the posters here dumb isn't the most effective way of getting your point across.

cpk1994
08-07-2008, 05:54 PM

I realize that, but calling the posters here dumb isn't the most effective way of getting your point across.Im sorry, but I get a little angry when absurd things and don't have their facts straight.

imscott72
08-07-2008, 05:56 PM

I realize that, but calling the posters here dumb isn't the most effective way of getting your point across.Im sorry, but I get a little angry when absurd things and don't have their facts straight.

Understood. We all get emotional at times and God knows these last few weeks have been tough on us all..

Gunakor
08-07-2008, 05:57 PM

Fine then, let me fix it for the forum nazis out there. He'll come back to retire a Packer once and for all, and his presenter at the HoF will be from the Packers organizagion (at one point or another), and the crowd will all be wearing #4 Packers jerseys instead of Jets jerseys. He'll always be remembered as a Packer, and any HoF Tributes to him other than his bust will be an illustration of him as a Packer. Better?

Maxie the Taxi
08-07-2008, 05:57 PM
I'm glad for Favre. Also glad his consecutive starting streak will continue.

BallHawk
08-07-2008, 05:59 PM
I'd think that Favre would be introduced by Ron Wolf, if I had to put money on it.

It certainly won't be Ted. :D

CaliforniaCheez
08-07-2008, 06:00 PM
Broadway Brett is doing well.

There will be times this season when the Packers really will regret their decision.

We all know it.

I will be watching Jets games this season.

Maxie the Taxi
08-07-2008, 06:00 PM
I'd think that Favre would be introduced by Ron Wolf, if I had to put money on it.

I'd guess Mooch.

BallHawk
08-07-2008, 06:01 PM

I'd guess Mooch.

Mooch would be my second guess.

cpk1994
08-07-2008, 06:01 PM

Fine then, let me fix it for the forum nazis out there. He'll come back to retire a Packer once and for all, and his presenter at the HoF will be from the Packers organizagion (at one point or another), and the crowd will all be wearing #4 Packers jerseys instead of Jets jerseys. He'll always be remembered as a Packer, and any HoF Tributes to him other than his bust will be an illustration of him as a Packer. Better?His presenter most likely won't be from the orginization. It wouldn't have been even if he had stayed retired or a Packer. Im thinking his presenter would be someone like Mike Holmgren or Steve Mariucci. OTher than that, I was simply pointing out the absurdity about Favre going into the hall as a member of a team when itr doesn't happen.

mission
08-07-2008, 06:02 PM
This is kinda like dumping a girl you know damn well just isnt the perfect fit for you ...

you see her out with another dude and she's lookin fine as hell...

you have all the regrets in the world, but at the end, you KNOW she still gonna try pulling all that crazy shit on you/him again anyway.

im lonely?

lol

Tyrone Bigguns
08-07-2008, 06:03 PM

Fine then, let me fix it for the forum nazis out there. He'll come back to retire a Packer once and for all, and his presenter at the HoF will be from the Packers organizagion (at one point or another), and the crowd will all be wearing #4 Packers jerseys instead of Jets jerseys. He'll always be remembered as a Packer, and any HoF Tributes to him other than his bust will be an illustration of him as a Packer. Better?

To even speculate on the presenter is just plain foolishness. You nor i have any insight into this.

I am just as right to say that it may be one of his daughters.

BallHawk
08-07-2008, 06:03 PM
Quote box chain. :roll:

BallHawk
08-07-2008, 06:04 PM
Do you think Adam Schefter gets sick of saying the same thing over and over and over again?

He must of said the conditions of the trade at least 20 times today.

Maxie the Taxi
This is kinda like dumping a girl you know damn well just isnt the perfect fit for you ...

you see her out with another dude and she's lookin fine as hell...

you have all the regrets in the world, but at the end, you KNOW she still gonna try pulling all that crazy shit on you/him again anyway.

im lonely?

lol

Or...it could be kind of like putting an old faithful dog to sleep.

cpk1994
To quote another poster on this board "If we can't speculate, what else are we gonna do, play boggle?"

mission
08-07-2008, 06:11 PM
Wouldnt Holmgren do it?

Ron Wolf ? I dunno, I doubt it ...

Freak Out
08-07-2008, 06:14 PM
Wouldnt Holmgren do it?

I was thinking the Walrus as well....another player maybe?

Tyrone Bigguns
08-07-2008, 06:18 PM

ty loves to needle...now that i now what bothers you....can't wait for a two page quote box..muah.

Gunakor
08-07-2008, 06:19 PM
Wouldnt Holmgren do it?

I was thinking the Walrus as well....another player maybe?

Frankie?

BallHawk
08-07-2008, 06:24 PM

ty loves to needle...now that i now what bothers you....can't wait for a two page quote box..muah.

Doesn't matter what you do, you can't change the fact you killed Christ.

hoosier
08-07-2008, 07:31 PM

[quote:ea9771c13f="Tyrone Bigguns"][quote:ea9771c13f="BallHawk"]Quote box chain. :roll:
[quote:ea9771c13f="Tyrone Bigguns"][quote:ea9771c13f="BallHawk"]Quote box chain. :roll:

[quote:ea9771c13f="BallHawk"]Quote box chain. :roll:

Doesn't matter what you do, you can't change the fact you killed Christ.[/quote:ea9771c13f]

ty loves to needle...now that i now what bothers you....can't wait for a two page quote box..muah.[/quote:ea9771c13f]

Doesn't matter what you do, you can't change the fact you killed Christ.[/quote:ea9771c13f]

ty loves to needle...now that i now what bothers you....can't wait for a two page quote box..muah.[/quote:ea9771c13f]

Enough with the anti-semitism already, kid. :P

BallHawk
08-07-2008, 07:32 PM
Holy crap, I think I just had a seizure.

Tyrone Bigguns
08-07-2008, 07:51 PM

We killed him....are you suddenly converting my ashkenazi friend. :wink:

BallHawk
08-07-2008, 08:28 PM

We killed him....are you suddenly converting my ashkenazi friend. :wink:

Yeah, walked into a church today and got a conversion while my car got its tires rotated.

Funny how the other side does it. :D