PDA

View Full Version : Josh Sitton

Joemailman
08-07-2008, 10:57 AM
Every year there is a surprise in Camp. This year, Sitton is the guy. Iy's one thing for the writers to write fluff pieces, but Sitton is getting respect from veterans like Pickett.
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=780835

McCarthy all along wanted to turn the Packers into more of a running team, but hasn't had the Guard play to do it. Sitton's size and power might be what they have been missing. I think he may be for real.

mission
08-07-2008, 10:58 AM
Favre got traded?

HarveyWallbangers
08-07-2008, 11:02 AM
Easy to get lost in the shuffle.

http://packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?t=13909

sheepshead
08-07-2008, 11:06 AM
Favre got traded?

:huh:

Gunakor
08-07-2008, 11:11 AM
Favre got traded?

NOOOOO!!!

WHYYYY???

:whaa: :cry:

Harlan Huckleby
08-07-2008, 11:16 AM
Favre got traded?

NOOOOO!!!

WHYYYY???

Because he is a very bad man, Timmy. They've taken him away and he'll be gone for a very, very long time. I'm sorry.

Joemailman
08-07-2008, 11:28 AM
Easy to get lost in the shuffle.

http://packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?t=13909

By my count, 39 threads have been posted on today. :shock:

BallHawk
08-07-2008, 11:59 AM
Because he is a very bad man, Timmy. They've taken him away and he'll be gone for a very, very long time. I'm sorry.

You're a bad man. A very, very bad man, Brett.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/87/It%27s_A_Good_Life.JPG

Maxie the Taxi
08-07-2008, 12:03 PM

You're a bad man. A very, very bad man, Brett.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/87/It%27s_A_Good_Life.JPG

"DANGER! DANGER WILL ROBINSON!!!"

bobblehead
08-07-2008, 12:41 PM
JOSH SITTON IS HAVING A GREAT CAMP!!!

BF is a jet, can we please let one thread not be about him.

DonHutson
08-07-2008, 04:51 PM
Favre got traded?

NOOOOO!!!

WHYYYY???

What?!

My mommy told me Brett was going to live on a farm where he'd have more room to play.

KYPack
08-07-2008, 05:08 PM
Sitton is indeed a good kid. He's big, strong and gets it done. He's also a rookie. He drive blocks well. Pass pro is good for a kis, but he can still have trouble with the vets in league play.He's a bit of a tangle foot on the zone blocking. He's fair to his right, but he's a clumsy bugger going to his left in the Zone Tight Left.

When Wells comes back, he's the starting center. Spitz moves back to RG. The winner of the Colldege/Coston derby starts at LG. Then we have two able starting guards and two back-ups who can play. That's a 100% turnaround from "05, when we didn't have anybody who could do shit,

Moll is on the bubble, almost gone. Coston hangs for one more year, he's able to play multiple positions inconsistently.

I think Barbre wins LG and they groom Colledge for LT when Cluffy finally goes down.

Harlan Huckleby
08-07-2008, 05:12 PM
My mommy told me Brett was going to live on a farm where he'd have more room to play.

:lol: The real Don Hutson may have been fast on his feet, but i bet he couldn't come up with a good line like that.

Maxie the Taxi
08-07-2008, 05:14 PM
Sitton is indeed a good kid. He's big, strong and gets it done. He's also a rookie. He drive blocks well. Pass pro is good for a kis, but he can still have trouble with the vets in league play.He's a bit of a tangle foot on the zone blocking. He's fair to his right, but he's a clumsy bugger going to his left in the Zone Tight Left.

Wow, how do you know all that?

DonHutson
08-07-2008, 05:18 PM

I was kind of curious about that too, KY, though I agree with your take on how the dust will settle on the OL.

KYPack
08-07-2008, 09:57 PM
Sitton is indeed a good kid. He's big, strong and gets it done. He's also a rookie. He drive blocks well. Pass pro is good for a kid, but he can still have trouble with the vets in league play.He's a bit of a tangle foot on the zone blocking. He's fair to his right, but he's a clumsy bugger going to his left in the Zone Tight Left.

I watched him play. I watched him right from the start of the intra squad game bc he wasn't supposed to start. I was very pleasantly surprised. He screwed up enough, but generally had a good game. He had trouble going to his left when they zone blocked. I doubt CF ran a lot of sophisticated lead zone schemes and Josh had trouble with his footwork at times. They will get it straightened out in time, but he won't be ready to run with the big dogs in September

Nice feet and a strong boy. He's a great prospect, but not finished product.

I agree with some on here, he's a good kid. I supremely doubt he starts, but it's great we got a kid like him. He will provide great competition and if we have injuries, Sitton looks like a guy who can play all up and down the line.

DonHutson
08-07-2008, 11:15 PM
Cool KY. I designate you the official OL scout.

:)

Harlan Huckleby
08-07-2008, 11:21 PM
Cool KY. I designate you the official OL scout.

:)

KY has already been doing the job on an unpaid basis for years.

also in his own mind he has been an astronaut, fishing guide, and host of a daytime talk show.

Zool
08-07-2008, 11:34 PM
KY is Howie Mandel?

Noodle
08-07-2008, 11:51 PM
Seriously, when KY and ND72 start going back and forth on OL play, I just pull up a chair and let the knowledge flow over me. One of the best things about PackerRats, by far.

KY, how was the kid's pad level? Did he stay low and nasty or did he tend to stand up so that he was vulnerable to leverage?

Tarlam!
08-08-2008, 12:14 AM
Seriously, when KY and ND72 start going back and forth on OL play, I just pull up a chair and let the knowledge flow over me. One of the best things about PackerRats, by far.

Not just the OL. I love it when KY gets started on the TE's and WR's and HB's as well. Not to mention when he's off on DL's, LB's and DB's.

If he ever lets fly about ST's, I'd have to consider him a football expert.

Iron Mike
08-08-2008, 02:31 AM
Are you Sitton me? 8-)

KYPack
08-08-2008, 07:25 AM

KY, how was the kid's pad level? Did he stay low and nasty or did he tend to stand up so that he was vulnerable to leverage?

Awh, gosh fellers, thanks.

Actually if you'll notice those exchanges with me, Nutz & ND, they consist of me telling what I saw and those two boys explaining what went on. They are experienced and know little things. Nutz and ND both played in the line and were dumb enough to get all the skin scraped off their knuckles, kneecaps and the bridge of their noses. I would never expose myself to such mutilation.

Those guys both know the techniques and finer points of line play. I only really know what I see. I learned in '05, knowing what you see can be valuable. That year, the Pack had NO guards, just two impostors named Klemm and Whittington (SP?). After games, the coaches would make puff statements to the press that both guys had played really well and were "improving".

I would call "bullshit" and post that both guys stunk it up. I would get static from posters that would point to JSO articles in which Beightol (Packer Oline coach at the time) would say the opposite of what I was posting. I would reply that I didn't give a shit what Beightol said in the papers, watch what's happening on the field during games. And nobody said nothin'. That's when I figured out that most broadcasters, newspaper writers, and fans don't really watch line play. They watch the ball. So if you just watch the line, you are way ahead of most observers.

I don't watch line play to be some kind of elitist. That's where the action is. When a games is on TV, I can't see the covers, so the play in "the maw" is all you can observe. On every play, there is 4 or 5 heavyweight fights going on. When the fights are "over", some guy with the ball runs by. If your guys won the fight, he keeps running. if your guys lost, the victors tackle him at the line. You don't miss any of the action watching line play. but gain insight. It's fun, give it a try.

Sitton's pad level? Pretty good. Great for a rook. He's a good kid. I just think he's too green to play in regular season games, but I could well be wrong. Right now, I think MM and Campen and the boys are sending a message. We won't tolerate sloppy inconsistent play. if you can't do the job, we'll find somebody who can. IOW, they are coaching.