PDA

View Full Version : Packers won't play Jets in 08 or 09

KYPack
08-07-2008, 01:06 PM
The NFL schedule rotation was set up in 02 and runs thru the '09 season. This year the Pack plays their AFC games with the AFCS. Next season, it's the AFCN. So if the Packers face the Jets in the next two seasons, it will have to be in an '09 preseason game or in the Super Bowl.

There will be no regular season match-up for the two teams for 2 years. 2010 promises to be lively. The CBA expires in '09 and new scheduling will be announced. Many observers think International games that count will greatly increase in 2010.

Ballboy
08-07-2008, 01:08 PM
According to ESPN, it wouldn't happen until 2014

KYPack
08-07-2008, 01:14 PM

I dunno. That would mean the new rotation, starting 2010 is set. Many think the new expansion will hit before a rotation can be determined. Under the current system, every AFC team will play every NFC team once every four years, and at home once every eight years.

So they would have set those dates based on the current 32 teams. 2 or 4 expansion teams will screw that up. Who would the Moscow Mules and the Beijing Bombers play?

BallHawk
08-07-2008, 01:45 PM

We won't play them at home until 2014, under the current rotation. We would play them at their new stadium in 2010, according they don't change the schedule, I believe.

Last time we played the Jets at home was in 2006 and we got manhandled.

gbpakman
08-07-2008, 01:47 PM
I bet we play them next year, and the preseason as well. (as long as Favre is still playing). The NFL sets up 2 "high-rating" games don't they?

BallHawk
08-07-2008, 01:52 PM
I bet we play them next year, and the preseason as well. (as long as Favre is still playing). The NFL sets up 2 "high-rating" games don't they?

In 2009 the Packers have to play their standard 6 games against NFC North opponents. Than they must play against both the NFC West and AFC North. We're up to 14 games.

Than we play a game against the same place finisher from '08 in the NFC East and NFC South. (If we finish 1st we play the first place team from those conferences, 2nd we play the 2nd place team, etc.)

The NFL can't control the schedule for next season, this is just the rotation it has been set to.

Here's the link.

http://www.southendzone.com/schedulef/

gbpakman
08-07-2008, 02:18 PM

In 2009 the Packers have to play their standard 6 games against NFC North opponents. Than they must play against both the NFC West and AFC North. We're up to 14 games.

Than we play a game against the same place finisher from '08 in the NFC East and NFC South. (If we finish 1st we play the first place team from those conferences, 2nd we play the 2nd place team, etc.)

The NFL can't control the schedule for next season, this is just the rotation it has been set to.

Here's the link.

http://www.southendzone.com/schedulef/

Well put. Thanks for the clarification. Teams are allowed to pick the preseason opponents though, correct?

DonHutson
08-07-2008, 05:00 PM
It could happen in the Super Bowl!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The Jets in the Super Bowl. I crack me up.

MTPackerfan
08-07-2008, 05:07 PM

We won't play them at home until 2014, under the current rotation. We would play them at their new stadium in 2010, according they don't change the schedule, I believe.

Last time we played the Jets at home was in 2006 and we got manhandled.

By Chad Pennington, if I am not mistaken.