PDA

View Full Version : "He just wants to play" - "Let him play!"

Harlan Huckleby
08-07-2008, 02:38 PM
Be it far from me to rub salt into the wound - I have way too much class for that. But a main theme from the Favre Fanatics was that he's just a humble boy from the South who loves to play football, let him play.

Well, he's playing! Clap your hands, stamp your feet.

Pacopete4
08-07-2008, 03:26 PM
Be it far from me to rub salt into the wound - I have way too much class for that. But a main theme from the Favre Fanatics was that he's just a humble boy from the South who loves to play football, let him play.

and he should be playin as our starter... Harlan, you will regret your actions towards this whole situation.. im telling ya

K-town
08-07-2008, 03:27 PM

In the years I've seen your posts (since JSO), you are EXACTLY the kind of person to rub salt into wounds. And when I call you on this, you'll say "what, who me?" with an air of wounded innocence.

BTW, the last definition of passive-aggressive I saw had a picture next to it of a blue dog wearing a beret.

HarveyWallbangers
08-07-2008, 03:28 PM

and he should be playin as our starter... Harlan, you will regret your actions towards this whole situation.. im telling ya

That's a good question: who will regret this situation the most?

Pacopete4
08-07-2008, 03:29 PM
Does Vegas give odds on something like this?

Harlan Huckleby
08-07-2008, 03:38 PM

In the years I've seen your posts (since JSO), you are EXACTLY the kind of person to rub salt into wounds. And when I call you on this, you'll say "what, who me?" with an air of wounded innocence.

BTW, the last definition of passive-aggressive I saw had a picture next to it of a blue dog wearing a beret.

ok, you've identified me as a creep.

any comments on the substance of my remarks? was the "just let him play" argument sincere or baloney?

GoPackGo
08-07-2008, 03:38 PM

That's a good question: who will regret this situation the most?

It depends who wins less games this year. If the Jets struggle, Brett may regret his decision. If the Packers struggle, TT and Coach McCarthy may regret thier decision. It will be an egotistical race between the Jets and the Packers for the most wins this year!

HarveyWallbangers
08-07-2008, 03:39 PM
It depends who wins less games this year. If the Jets struggle, Brett may regret his decision. If the Packers struggle, TT and Coach McCarthy may regret thier decision. It will be an egotistical race between the Jets and the Packers for the most wins this year!

What if the Packers win the Super Bowl in 2009 with second year full-time starter Aaron Rodgers leading the way?

GoPackGo
08-07-2008, 03:42 PM

What if the Packers win the Super Bowl in 2009 with second year full-time starter Aaron Rodgers leading the way?

If that happens the Packers Brass and all of us fans won't regret a thing.

retailguy
08-07-2008, 03:45 PM

What if the sun explodes tomorrow? :lol:

What happens this year is relevant, not the final story but relevant. I'm excited to see him play, finally, but, there is a lot of risk involved.... for 2008 anyhow.

Pacopete4
08-07-2008, 03:46 PM
what if we had a super bowl run in us this year... kinda like last year, but better.. because all the players have one more year experience... but instead we let ego's throw it all away and we'll basically start from scratch, hoping that our 1st year QB doesn't break a leg.. or just flat out suck...

what if...

Zool
08-07-2008, 03:48 PM
what if our 1st year starter has a great year and the running game flows.

And thats why they play the games.

K-town
08-07-2008, 03:50 PM

ok, you've identified me as a creep.

any comments on the substance of my remarks? was the "just let him play" argument sincere or baloney?

I'm sure Favre really does "just want to play."
I just want him to play, so this whole mess is over.
Obviously I understand your need to further examine this issue, assign blame, vilify and mock those who don't appreciate your sagacity, etc.

After all, what kind of "creep" trowels on thinly disguised, ham-handed sarcasm like "clap your hands, stomp your feet"? :)

HarveyWallbangers
08-07-2008, 03:50 PM
what if we had a super bowl run in us this year... kinda like last year, but better.. because all the players have one more year experience... but instead we let ego's throw it all away and we'll basically start from scratch, hoping that our 1st year QB doesn't break a leg.. or just flat out suck...

what if...

Personally, I doubt Brett plays nearly as well this year as last year. He didn't put in the work and he appears toast mentally. I reached that conclusion when he said he wasn't sure if he wanted the ball at the end of the game anymore. I wish he had stay retired. Of course, we could have gone 13-3 again and he could have thrown another interception in OT in a playoff game.

My point: Packers management could regret this decison after this year, but it's more likely that we won't be able to evaluate this until we see how the Packers do for the next few years (and how Brett does).

Redbelly
08-07-2008, 03:55 PM
So Farve's career will in all likelyhood end - whenever - in New York playing for the Jets - Right where Ron Wolf wanted it to start when he was the Jets GM

Funny how things work out

Well - now here's to Arod - may he break all of Brett's passing records - cause after all is said and done - this is about the Packers

Harlan Huckleby
08-07-2008, 03:56 PM
Obviously I understand your need to further examine this issue, assign blame, vilify and mock those who don't appreciate your sagacity, etc.

After all, what kind of "creep" trowels on thinly disguised, ham-handed sarcasm like "clap your hands, stomp your feet"? :)

ahhh, you're avoiding the point, you just want to make insults. And if I'm a creep for criticizing people, what are you?

Those who were arguing that the Packers were preventing Favre from playing football were full of it. This is not a sad day if that was a legitimate argument.

K-town
08-07-2008, 04:13 PM

ahhh, you're avoiding the point, you just want to make insults.

Those who were arguing that the Packers were preventing Favre from playing football were full of it. This is not a sad day if that was a legitimate argument.

Okay, clarify please: if the Packers were preventing Favre from playing "that" would not be a sad day? Or "that" would be a sad day.

What I got from all this was:
Favre's perceived slights at the hands of TT made him uncomfortable playing in Green Bay, and brought his attitde in question. McCarthy saw that and rightly told him to stay away. Did Brett want to play football? Yes. Would I be totally comfortable with him as our starter this year? Um, no.

Anyway, I wasn't the one who started this gloating post.
What part of "I...want this whole mess over" don't you understand?
Why do YOU find it necessary to keep assigning blame to only Favre (even though I think he's responsible for a lot of this mess, I hardly think he's solely at fault).
Is it beyond your comprehension that there are people out here who appreciate Favre for his past exploits, wish him well, and STILL support the Packers and TT?
But go on ahead whimpering about being insulted.
"Why's everybody always pickin' on me?"

Harlan Huckleby
08-07-2008, 04:22 PM

listen asshole, you're the one that came in here starting a flame war. That's not my style.

I never complained about your insults, other than to point out your ridiculous stance of claiming to defend the high morale ground.

Tyrone Bigguns
08-07-2008, 04:25 PM

what if...

Personally, I doubt Brett plays nearly as well this year as last year. He didn't put in the work and he appears toast mentally. I reached that conclusion when he said he wasn't sure if he wanted the ball at the end of the game anymore. I wish he had stay retired. Of course, we could have gone 13-3 again and he could have thrown another interception in OT in a playoff game.

My point: Packers management could regret this decison after this year, but it's more likely that we won't be able to evaluate this until we see how the Packers do for the next few years (and how Brett does).

I agee. But, dont' let it go to your head. You are wrong far to often.

K-town
08-07-2008, 04:28 PM

listen asshole, you're the one that came in here starting a flame war. That's not my style.

I never complained about your insults, other than to point out your ridiculous stance of claiming to defend the high morale ground.

You started this thread to mock people who, blindly or not, pledged their allegiance to Favre in this mess. It's called picking at scabs. How is that claiming the moral high ground?
And when you go out of your way to insult, mock or piss on other posters, how is that not flaming? Ridiculous, indeed.

And now I'm done with this thread.

ND72
08-07-2008, 04:29 PM

what if...

our former QB's ego had as much if not more to do with all of this.

Harlan Huckleby
08-07-2008, 04:33 PM
You started this thread to mock people who, blindly or not, pledged their allegiance to Favre in this mess. It's called picking at scabs.

ya. so what?

And when you go out of your way to insult, mock or piss on other posters, how is that not flaming?

I'm pissing on the opinions of other posters. That's what a forum is about, chump. And some people might get upset.

That's quite different from making personal insults, calling somebody out as an individual and denigrating them, as you lamely attempted here.

If you don't see the difference, that's where our disagreement begins and ends.

Freak Out
08-07-2008, 04:54 PM
Whats with the purple Hallelujah? Happy that the Queens didn't get him? Just curious.

Harlan Huckleby
08-07-2008, 04:59 PM
Whats with the purple Hallelujah? Happy that the Queens didn't get him? Just curious.

I think it is a TERRIFIC outcome, given all the possibilities. He's not on the Vikings, out of the NFC entirely. The packers get a draft pick.

The ordeal is over.

I am really glad that he didn't retire, if only to satisfy my own curiosity. I think it will be fun to watch him play some more.

I think Favre will be much happier in a fresh environment, certainly better than sittin home when he knows he can still play.

And I have ZERO worry about his history with the Packers being damaged. He'll be back with the PAcker organization when he finally retires, McCarthy even said they discussed it. A year or two in NY will just be a blip on the screen.

Its just a TOTALLY positive turn of events. The best possible outcome, given that he was not able to fit-in with Packers.

texaspackerbacker
08-07-2008, 05:06 PM
Go ahead and rub that salt, Harlan.

Even if it had been true that he "just wanted to play"--no agenda of bitterness or desire to dessert to our worst enemy, it STILL would have been counter-productive to mission #1--the Packers being a winning team--to welcome him back with open arms and scrap all of the moving on and getting back to an offense not aimed at protecting a 38 or 39 year old QB. It isn't the job of the team's leadership to bend over backwards for one individual, even a legendary one. It also is kinda stupid for fans to put caring for that legendary QB ahead of the team winning.

Freak Out
08-07-2008, 05:09 PM

I think it is a TERRIFIC outcome, given all the possibilities. He's not on the Vikings, out of the NFC entirely. The packers get a draft pick.

The ordeal is over.

I am really glad that he didn't retire, if only to satisfy my own curiosity. I think it will be fun to watch him play some more.

I think Favre will be much happier in a fresh environment, certainly better than sittin home when he knows he can still play.

And I have ZERO worry about his history with the Packers being damaged. He'll be back with the PAcker organization when he finally retires, McCarthy even said they discussed it. A year or two in NY will just be a blip on the screen.

Its just a TOTALLY positive turn of events. The best possible outcome, given that he was not able to fit-in with Packers.

Did you answer the question? :lol: :lol: :lol: I think so.

Harlan Huckleby
08-07-2008, 05:10 PM
no, wait, i have more to say...

Bretsky
08-07-2008, 07:51 PM
no, wait, i have more to say...

Big surprise

Me thinks you are just pissed because yesterday I would not label you as an A-Hole

So now you are trying extra hard :lol:

Harlan Huckleby
08-07-2008, 08:20 PM
I think I am a bit of an A-hole, I play rough.

ruff! ruff!