PDA

View Full Version : You buying A Jets Jersey?

BallHawk
08-07-2008, 06:53 PM
I've heard a few people on here say they'll get one.

Personally, I won't, but what about you guys?

BallHawk
08-07-2008, 06:53 PM
Ok, that was like 4 responses in the first 20 seconds. :shock:

Lurker64
08-07-2008, 06:54 PM
No chance in hell. It's not a Packer jersey, why would I want it?

Brando19
08-07-2008, 06:54 PM
I will because it's Favre and I'm a collector. It'll hopefully be a one year chance (hoping he'll retire or jet back to the Pack after this year.) :lol:

BallHawk
08-07-2008, 06:55 PM
No chance in hell. It's not a Packer jersey, why would I want it?

My stance exactly.

cpk1994
08-07-2008, 06:55 PM
No chance in hell. It's not a Packer jersey, why would I want it?to use for toliet paper? :lol:

Freak Out
08-07-2008, 06:57 PM
I bought one....why not? I have some Favre Packer jerseys so I had to get one. Plus all this money has been burning a hole in my pocket.

Who wants to go the the Jets game in Oakland this year? I have (well my cousin does) tickets to the Packer game in Seattle and would like to see Favre play again. Single game tickets went on sale today. Mad?

Maxie the Taxi
08-07-2008, 06:57 PM
Can't answer now. I need til March to decide.

cpk1994
08-07-2008, 06:58 PM
Can't answer now. I need til March to decide. :lol:

Freak Out
08-07-2008, 06:58 PM
You guys need to lighten up....sheesh. :)

The Leaper
08-07-2008, 07:12 PM
No.

The only football jerseys I own and wear are Packer jerseys.

woodbuck27
08-07-2008, 07:15 PM
Pathetic.

Joemailman
08-07-2008, 07:16 PM
I'll only buy one if I decide to attend the NFL Draft someday.

Joemailman
08-07-2008, 07:18 PM

We need to know now so we can move forward. The train's leaving the station.

BallHawk
08-07-2008, 07:24 PM

We need to know now so we can move forward. The train's leaving the station.

Leaving? That train left a while ago. I think Frank Miller was on it.

wpony
08-07-2008, 07:24 PM
no i like Brett and all but if i was buying a shirt it would be Arods we have to support the pack not the jets no matter how how upset i get with them

woodbuck27
08-07-2008, 07:26 PM
Interesting to me Favre went of all places to the Jets.

I wear two NFL hats.

I've been a Green Bay Packer fan for 50 years.
The only other hat I ever wear is a Jets hat. :D

I swear that reading the story on yahoo was a deja vu experience. I'm shaken but he had to get out. I see the Jets play often up here in Montreal and actually more than the Packers on the regular schedule.

GO PACK GO!

DonHutson
08-07-2008, 07:34 PM
Buying a Favre Jets jersey is in the same league as buying a sex doll modeled after your ex-wife.

Cut the cord, people.

I'd be more interested in a re-run of the poll from a couple months ago about still wearing your Favre Packers jersey. The majority at that time seemed to think that a legends jersey never goes out of style. How 'bout now?

MadtownPacker
08-07-2008, 08:01 PM
I bought one....why not? I have some Favre Packer jerseys so I had to get one. Plus all this money has been burning a hole in my pocket.

Who wants to go the the Jets game in Oakland this year? I have (well my cousin does) tickets to the Packer game in Seattle and would like to see Favre play again. Single game tickets went on sale today. Mad?Dont yo prefer your blood to stay in your body??

Go to the Jets@49ers game so you can make it back home safe.

Bretsky
08-07-2008, 08:05 PM
Buying a Favre Jets jersey is in the same league as buying a sex doll modeled after your ex-wife.

Cut the cord, people.

I'd be more interested in a re-run of the poll from a couple months ago about still wearing your Favre Packers jersey. The majority at that time seemed to think that a legends jersey never goes out of style. How 'bout now?

I will absoulutely still wear my Favre jerseys

Freak Out
08-07-2008, 08:19 PM
All this really shows is just how cheap most of you fuckers are.

Hey Mad...its been about a few years since I went to a game in Oakland...it's gotten worse? :lol:

Fosco33
08-07-2008, 08:20 PM
I'm a Favre fan. Still wish he was a Packer.

But I'll buy a Jets jersey after I go buy a plot of land on the moon. :roll:

Harlan Huckleby
08-07-2008, 08:22 PM
i think we'll be seeing some jets #4 jerseys in WI, plenty of them.

I hope Favre does well, it will be fun to watch. I REALLY don't want to see him trashed by the NY media.

Then again, if Rodgers sucks it up, I don't want to see Favre do TOO well. :lol:

MadtownPacker
08-07-2008, 08:25 PM

Hey Mad...its been about a few years since I went to a game in Oakland...it's gotten worse? :lol:The raiders have won like 7 games in the last 3 years. Trust me, their fans are extra savage and dont even want to talk about football.

Harlan Huckleby
08-07-2008, 08:28 PM
Trust me, their fans are extra savage and dont even want to talk about football.

"Their fans" Who do you think you're fooling?

Fosco33
08-07-2008, 08:28 PM

Hey Mad...its been about a few years since I went to a game in Oakland...it's gotten worse? :lol:The raiders have won like 7 games in the last 3 years. Trust me, their fans are extra savage and dont even want to talk about football.

What about the commish's 'fan code of conduct'?

Three West Coast games, Mad... Diego, Niners and Raiders. I could be convinced to go to one of them and wear #4. :P

Freak Out
08-07-2008, 08:39 PM

What about the commish's 'fan code of conduct'?

Three West Coast games, Mad... Diego, Niners and Raiders. I could be convinced to go to one of them and wear #4. :P

I've seen Favre beat the Niners so many times I need a change. I'm going to the Pack game in Seattle so would like to go to a Raiders game to see the Bretts.

RIPackerFan
08-07-2008, 09:20 PM
Being in New England - I really hate the NE Patriots - thus I was already looking for someone to cheer for.

Favre coming over just makes my choice easier - and while I will always bleed green and gold - I don't find a problem cheering for a team that is outside of the division and has no shot at playing the Packers.

MJZiggy
08-07-2008, 09:31 PM
I will still wear the #4 I have, but I'm also trying to decide between a Jennings and a Bigby this October...

gex
08-07-2008, 10:43 PM
I am buying one. Wont wear it often, hell I only wear my packer Favre jersey on random gamedays.

Got the tat on my shoulder in '96... people know where I stand. 8-)

BallHawk
08-07-2008, 10:59 PM
I will still wear the #4 I have, but I'm also trying to decide between a Jennings and a Bigby this October...

How is that a decision? Jennings, hands-down.

Freak Out
08-08-2008, 01:25 AM
With Hired Gun Favre, Jets Embark on a New Era
By JUDY BATTISTA

CLEVELAND — Only at the end, after he had said all the right things about being excited for the opportunity, after he had held up the jersey in the unfamiliar shade of green, after he had revisited all that had gone wrong in Green Bay, did Brett Favre admit to just how fragile his new union with the Jets is.

“Was this just a one-year commitment?” someone asked as Favre walked out of the room.

“We’ll see,” he responded, disappearing into the locker room.

Somewhere, a Jets executive surely shivered. On Thursday, the Jets officially introduced Favre, culminating a stunningly swift courtship that led to his trade from Green Bay on Wednesday night. They took him on a helicopter ride over New Jersey, the better to view the new training facility the Jets will soon move into, and perhaps the fine fishing and hunting sites sure to appeal to him. Then Favre alighted in Cleveland, where the Jets opened their preseason against the Browns.

But as Favre arrived to a wave of euphoria, Chad Pennington, the former starter, left on a private jet provided by the team. He was released Thursday afternoon. Pennington recently bought a home in New Jersey, in anticipation of the Jets’ move there in September, and that makes one team interested in signing him particularly intriguing: the Giants.

Favre had resisted even talking to Jets General Manager Mike Tannenbaum for weeks, and his rationale must have given the Jets pause: He did not want to be persuaded to go to New York and he did not want to have to make another decision. The split with the Packers had taken its toll on him and his wife, Deanna, and it would be so much easier, he figured, to just go to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

But at the behest of his agent and others, Favre listened to Tannenbaum’s pitch. They spoke about the talent level of the Jets. Tannenbaum shipped information about the team to Favre’s home in Mississippi. The team owner, Woody Johnson, had been intrigued by Favre since it became clear he could not stay in Green Bay — “Why wouldn’t you pursue Brett Favre?” he said — and the Jets finally broke through.

Favre still wanted to go to Tampa Bay, but its offer was not in the Jets’ league, so late Wednesday, Favre became a Jet.

“To a certain degree, I don’t know what I got myself into,” Favre said. “What can I do in a short amount of time to help this team win?

“Did I ever think this scenario would present itself? No. I hope I play at the level I’ve always played at. There are no guarantees. I hope to bring the leadership and durability.”

Wearing khaki shorts, a Jets T-shirt and a lot of stubble, Favre threw footballs on the sideline during a lightning delay in the game against the Browns. He will not practice until Saturday; his conditioning test is Friday, and he acknowledged that he was a little out of shape. But his impact on the Jets has already been profound, long before his first meaningful rocket pass is caught. Perhaps Jets fans had a hard time keeping up with his movements. The team’s Web site crashed after receiving 1.2 million hits in the last 24 hours — nearly as many as it had in July.

Of all of Favre’s impressive statistics — he holds nearly every meaningful career passing record, to say nothing of his staggering consecutive-games streak — that one may reveal what Favre really means to the Jets. As much as he was desperate to play football again, as much as he clearly wanted the drama to end this week, the Jets need him at least as much as he needs them.

For a franchise that, despite spending $100 million in an off-season makeover and readying a state-of-the-art practice facility, is toiling in the considerable shadow cast by the Giants and their Super Bowl championship, Favre’s arrival swept away all the other headlines and captivated New York. He will be welcomed at City Hall by Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg on Friday.

When Favre was told that more than 3,000 of his No. 4 Jets jerseys had been sold online, he said, “That’s all?” Still, it was the busiest day ever at the N.F.L.’s online shop, and the Jets sold more Favre jerseys in one day than the total number of their jerseys sold since January.

Favre’s arrival inevitably raises the profile of the team at an important time. They are about to sell personal seat licenses for a stadium that Favre will probably never play in. Johnson said the only goal was to improve the team, but the Giants can count on the good will generated from their surprising Super Bowl run to ease the pain of the big ticket. The Jets needed a cushion, too, and whether intended or not, Favre will be it.

“Internally, everybody was feeling good,” said Thad Sheely, a Jets executive vice president. “We were poised to turn it up. It was a two-year process. That got collapsed into the last 24 hours.”

A person close to Pennington, who did not want to be identified because he had not been authorized by Pennington to speak to reporters, said that Pennington was “at peace” with his fate. Johnson said his regard for Pennington made the decision to pursue Favre difficult.

In addition to the Giants, other teams believed to be interested in Pennington include the Miami Dolphins, where Bill Parcells, who drafted Pennington in 2000, presides; and the Kansas City Chiefs, where the former Jets coach Herm Edwards is in place. Carolina, Oakland and Buffalo are also thought to be interested.

Pennington hopes to start, which makes the Giants less attractive than Miami, where the Dolphins are having their own quarterback competition.

In Green Bay, General Manager Ted Thompson, appearing publicly for the first time since the trade, said he was not particularly comfortable with his legacy as the man who traded Favre.

“When the trade papers actually came, and I was going to sign it — which would be my job — I almost wanted someone else to sign it,” Thompson said.

Favre seemed exhausted by the topic, but he insisted he was not a traitor and said he hoped his jersey would someday be retired in Green Bay. When asked about playing in New York, he showed his lingering fondness for the Packers. “Green Bay is a small market, but is there a bigger team?” he said.

With Favre, the Jets might have gotten closer to being in the Packers’ company.

Pat Borzi and Karen Crouse contributed reporting.

mission
08-08-2008, 01:31 AM

How is that a decision? Jennings, hands-down.

Hands down?

Are you fuckin kiddin me bro? From a coolness perspective, Bigby is like the coolest jersey you could get. I think wearing another man's jersey is kind of gay actually but I happen to have a Bigby gettin custom done despite my convictions...!!

course, now that i say that, it probably makes zig's decision to get a jennings one that much easier lol

mmmdk
08-08-2008, 01:33 AM
Got my AJ & Favre already; now it's a toss up between Rodgers, Grant or Jennings (in october).

mission
08-08-2008, 01:34 AM
“When the trade papers actually came, and I was going to sign it — which would be my job — I almost wanted someone else to sign it,” Thompson said.

damn. that's a moment that only one man will know...

wonder how his stomach felt ... eww. tough job TT has ....

Pugger
08-08-2008, 08:39 AM
I have never purchased a players' jersey just because most players don't stay on one team their entire career! I would not want anything - t-shirt, hat, etc., with the Jet's logo cuz I'm a Packers fan! :pack:

Ballboy
08-08-2008, 09:05 AM
Why would I buy a Jets jersey.....it doesn't say GB anywhere on it!!!

Rastak
08-08-2008, 09:09 AM

damn. that's a moment that only one man will know...

wonder how his stomach felt ... eww. tough job TT has ....

He was probably laughing in reality. The stern look at the press conference was for show.

McCarthy is a straight shooter though.

HarveyWallbangers
08-08-2008, 09:37 AM
He was probably laughing in reality. The stern look at the press conference was for show.

I don't know. Thompson was a guy that bounced around the NFL for 10 years, and never had any real job security as a backup LB (he started 8 games his entire career) and special teams player. He feared the Turk. I'm sure part of him hates getting rid of players.

cpk1994
08-08-2008, 11:14 AM

I don't know. Thompson was a guy that bounced around the NFL for 10 years, and never had any real job security as a backup LB (he started 8 games his entire career) and special teams player. He feared the Turk. I'm sure part of him hates getting rid of players.HE does hate getting rid of players. He has talked a length about how he felt when we aroked his ass off as a player only to be cut and being the reson why he has a hrd time cutting players. Also, saying he was laughing? Thats pure bullshit Ras.

RashanGary
08-08-2008, 11:23 AM

Great post. I esspecially liked the deep, thought out reasoning behind your opinion and the reliable sources :roll:

bbbffl66
08-08-2008, 12:56 PM
I still want a Lynn Dickey jersey!
Although some of my female frieds really wanted Justin Beaver to make the team! :D

MadtownPacker
08-08-2008, 01:17 PM

McCarthy is a straight shooter though.You got it all fucked up. This wasnt TT call. It was M3s. The reactions from them both made it clear IMO.

We need to lay off TT. HE is the one putting his name in history for his HC's decision. HE knows his future is riding on it.

HarveyWallbangers
08-08-2008, 01:33 PM
You got it all fucked up. This wasnt TT call. It was M3s. The reactions from them both made it clear IMO.

We need to lay off TT. HE is the one putting his name in history for his HC's decision. HE knows his future is riding on it.

I tend to agree, but it's easier to blame Ted than Mike. What it boils down to is that this was a decison by the football organization, and Mike probably had more say in it then anybody else.

Scott Campbell
08-13-2008, 10:25 AM
I was in NYC this last week, and saw a bunch of people wearing the damned things. Sickening.

Rastak
08-13-2008, 10:41 AM

Great post. I esspecially liked the deep, thought out reasoning behind your opinion and the reliable sources :roll:

With all due respect (LOL), perhaps you could explain what sources I would consult to give people MY IMPRESSION of his facial expressions and body language?

Packers4Ever
08-13-2008, 01:39 PM
Can't answer now. I need til March to decide. :no:

:D J/K

Deputy Nutz
08-13-2008, 01:48 PM
I got three of them, home, away, and red practice jersey.

Tarlam!
08-13-2008, 02:00 PM

With all due respect (LOL), perhaps you could explain what sources I would consult to give people MY IMPRESSION of his facial expressions and body language?

Stop it, Ras! You're killin' me!!!

SnakeLH2006
08-14-2008, 04:41 AM
I'm struggling with this one...I went down to my local Webco and they said it's too many letters on the Jets jersey, and I said fuck that, they said, "CPK1994'S MOM GIVES THE BEST HEAD EVA" is too many letters. I said fuck that 4 of them are numbers. WTF!!

gex
08-14-2008, 12:42 PM
I'm struggling with this one...I went down to my local Webco and they said it's too many letters on the Jets jersey, and I said fuck that, they said, "CPK1994'S MOM GIVES THE BEST HEAD EVA" is too many letters. I said fuck that 4 of them are numbers. WTF!!

lol :lol: