PDA

View Full Version : Marketing Deal

Brando19
08-07-2008, 09:57 PM
Any chance in hell this could be brought up again if Brett retires in a year or two? He said he'll always be a Packer, why not let him promote Green Bay once the feelings have healed and he retires.

PackerTimer
08-07-2008, 10:01 PM
In the press conference today it certainly seemed like the Packers would welcome him back in some sort of fashion. I don't know if MM was joking about Favre having a role in training camp when he retires but if it was I still got the sense that he could defintely be back as a member of the family when he does finally decide to hang it up.

BallHawk
08-07-2008, 10:13 PM
Through all of this, all the words said back and forth, it seems that it ended pretty fine. Both parties are still intact and fine with each other.

Jimx29
08-07-2008, 10:39 PM
Through all of this, all the words said back and forth, it seems that it ended pretty fine. Both parties are still intact and fine with each other.on the surface maybe

Harlan Huckleby
08-07-2008, 10:48 PM
Any chance in hell this could be brought up again if Brett retires in a year or two? He said he'll always be a Packer, why not let him promote Green Bay once the feelings have healed and he retires.

oh hell ya. I bet he gets the same deal.

Favre's year(s) in NY will just be an after thought. It doesn't take away the memories and feelings people in WI have for his career.

prsnfoto
08-08-2008, 08:48 AM
In the press conference today it certainly seemed like the Packers would welcome him back in some sort of fashion. I don't know if MM was joking about Favre having a role in training camp when he retires but if it was I still got the sense that he could defintely be back as a member of the family when he does finally decide to hang it up.

I was thinking it is good that MM is this confident he has to know that if Rodgers falls on his face and I hope that isn't the case that TT will for sure be fired and MM could be part of the fall out, but I hope not.

mission
08-08-2008, 08:53 AM

I was thinking it is good that MM is this confident he has to know that if Rodgers falls on his face and I hope that isn't the case that TT will for sure be fired and MM could be part of the fall out, but I hope not.

that would be the biggest blunder this organization could commit. no doubt about it.

what a ridiculous thought and if it happened, would signal complete emotionally-charged decision making by our board.

look at everything else they've done ... that would be ASININE!

The Leaper
08-08-2008, 09:10 AM
None of this will really impact anything long term IMO. Favre will always be a Packer. He will eventually have his number retired in Lambeau. He will eventually be put into the Packer HOF. He ultimately will be enshrined in Canton.

It will be at those times that Favre will be forgiven, and at those times that all rifts are healed. There will be tears and there will be smiles. Favre will recognize his devotion to the team, and fans will recognize their appreciation for the player.

The summer of 2008 will be a distant memory then...a footnote that most will be glad to gloss over.