PDA

View Full Version : The "official" MTP please remove the multi-quote f

Jimx29
08-07-2008, 10:48 PM
Please check in and say hi :)

BallHawk
08-07-2008, 10:49 PM
I think my opinion is well-known on this issue. :D

But, yeah, seriously, can we do something to prevent excessive multi-quotes? It's a pain in the ass.

HowardRoark
08-07-2008, 10:51 PM

But, yeah, seriously, can we do something to prevent excessive multi-quotes? It's a pain in the ass.

I agree.

Tyrone Bigguns
08-07-2008, 10:52 PM

I agree.

Never!!!!!!

I agree.

Never!!!!!!

I agree.

Never!!!!!!

I agree.

Never!!!!!!

I agree.

Never!!!!!!

I agree.

Never!!!!!!

I agree.

Never!!!!!!

Partial
08-07-2008, 10:53 PM
multi-quote plugin is exactly what we want. We don't want long quote box chains. There is a huge difference.

BallHawk
08-07-2008, 10:58 PM
multi-quote plugin is exactly what we want. We don't want long quote box chains. There is a huge difference.

Elaborate, Wizard of the Internets.

gex
08-07-2008, 11:09 PM
Romper room

Harlan Huckleby
08-07-2008, 11:15 PM
I think this is a topic that is painful to discuss.

The way to handle it is to just try it for a couple days and see how people like it.

I expect it would be a nice improvement for the readers, and a real convienence for the posters - you can quote the last remark without taking the time to edit-out the old shit.

but my support now guarantees it will never happen. HE's a spiteful little bitch, that madtown.

boiga
08-08-2008, 12:22 AM
I'd appreciate this as well.

MadtownPacker
08-08-2008, 02:30 AM
Cant you MFers just learn how to quote?

Ill look into it but only if Harlan goes to hell.

Tarlam!
08-08-2008, 03:01 AM
...but only if Harlan goes to hell.

It is common knowledge, my friend, that Harlan is indeed The Devil and in fact, posts from Hell.

the_idle_threat
08-08-2008, 07:04 AM
I like the multi-quote feature. Makes it easier to follow a dialogue. I don't understand why it's so difficult and painful for folks to scroll down.

hoosier
08-08-2008, 07:58 AM
Some small percentage of the population has photosensitive epilepsy and are prone to seizures when playing certain video games. Although it hasn't been studied yet, apparently the effects of viewing enormous quote chains can bring this on too.

oregonpackfan
08-08-2008, 09:28 AM
...but only if Harlan goes to hell.

It is common knowledge, my friend, that Harlan is indeed The Devil and in fact, posts from Hell.

I believe there is an old Rock n' Roll song written about Harlan. It was called "Devil With The Blue Dress On." :)

Harlan Huckleby
08-08-2008, 12:47 PM
I like the multi-quote feature. Makes it easier to follow a dialogue. I don't understand why it's so difficult and painful for folks to scroll down.

we've talked about this many times before. You are gifted and talented. I know it is frustrating, but you really need to learn to be patient with your unspecial classmates.

Harlan Huckleby
08-08-2008, 07:35 PM
Ill look into it

http://uplink.space.com/attachments/233864-weasel.jpg

MadtownPacker
08-09-2008, 12:36 AM
At least you got the color right.

Harlan Huckleby
08-09-2008, 02:14 PM
i'm guessing the whiskers are about right too

MadtownPacker
08-10-2008, 02:33 PM
Im not doing this because Harlan is in favor of it.

Partial
08-10-2008, 03:02 PM

Elaborate, Wizard of the Internets.

Multi-quote allows you to easily quote multiple sections of text, as well as multiple users. Each post you want to comment on on the page, you click the "multiquote" button, and it flags it. Then, in the reply window the quote is there.

It's really a lot more convenient when responding to multiple posters. Very different from what you're talking about.