PDA

View Full Version : NFCN Preseason Games Thread

boiga
08-08-2008, 12:19 AM
Moving on...

Here's Chicago vs the Chiefs: http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d809d6ad4

And Detroit against the Giants: http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d809d6333

Observations: Kitna's OL is a major liability. I feel sorry for the guy. No way he can last the year uninjured with tackles like that. Matt Forte at RB for the Bears looks better than I expected. The rookie has some power.

Anyone watch these games live and have a more erudite perspective?

vince
08-08-2008, 03:24 AM
I didn't see a bunch of the Bears game, and don't even know the final score, but what I saw more than reinforced our hopes that the Bears QB's will be average at best. Forte looks pretty good though.

Rastak
08-08-2008, 06:30 AM
I tivo all the nfcn preseason games.....watching the Bears right now (just starting). Got tickets to the Vikings tonight. Gotta love the fact the games are back!

Lurker64
08-08-2008, 06:41 AM
I didn't see a bunch of the Bears game, and don't even know the final score, but what I saw more than reinforced our hopes that the Bears QB's will be average at best. Forte looks pretty good though.

A friend of mine who lives in Chicago and is a big time Chiefs fan went to the game, and he told me that the one thing that really surprised him about the game is how old the Chicago defense looked. They played most of the first half apparently and didn't really look good at any point. I'm not personally sure how much of that isn't rust, but with any luck we should be able to beat the Bears this year.

Rastak
08-08-2008, 06:43 AM
I am 8 minutes into the game here and the Cheifs STILL are on the opening drive. The Bears are looking very so-so on defense right now. Make a play, miss a play. Rinse and repeat.

K-town
08-08-2008, 07:34 AM
Watched the Bears game at the bar last night. Shortly after they put up the stat about how good the Bears defense was on third down (32% conversion rate for opponents, 2nd best in the league), Chicago gives up 3 or 4 third and long situations enroute to the first Chiefs TD.
It brought a smile to my face.

boiga
08-08-2008, 11:06 PM
That's unfortunate. T-Jack actually looked decent in the Vikes game against the Seahawks.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d809ddbed

The Vikes still lost horribly, but I was still hoping Tarvaris would embarrass himself. Jamie Dukes waxes poetic about the guy too.

Anyone see any glaring weaknesses to mock here?

Zool
08-08-2008, 11:36 PM
That's unfortunate. T-Jack actually looked decent in the Vikes game against the Seahawks.

The Vikes still lost horribly, but I was still hoping Tarvaris would embarrass himself. Jamie Dukes waxes poetic about the guy too.

Its preseason man.

15/20 165 3/0

Guess who's stat line that was from tonight.

Seneca Wallace. When the bullets fly then we'll talk about Mr Jax and his decision making.

Rastak
08-09-2008, 12:14 AM

Its preseason man.

15/20 165 3/0

Guess who's stat line that was from tonight.

Seneca Wallace. When the bullets fly then we'll talk about Mr Jax and his decision making.

Oh I agree, preseason isn't that huge a deal. Keep in mind the Vikings pulled their starters on defense after 2 series. They also only started 9 of 11 defensive starters (P Williams and M Williams were kept out). They did keep their offensive starters in through the first quarter but never ran the ball with the first team, seemingly treating the game like a scrimmage. Also note, the Seahawks first string offense cut through them like a hot knife through butter. Not good. T Jack looked fine, pretty good actually. He got screwed by major free agent bust Shiancoe. Hang on to the ball dipshit!

CaliforniaCheez
08-09-2008, 12:50 AM
Seattle being a playoff team and the Vikings are not.

Naturally Charlie Frye and Seneca Wallace crushed the Vikings.

The Vikings may cut Gus Frerotte. How many of you even thought he was still in the league?

Viking pass defense was poor. Jared Allen didn't even make a tackle.

Instead of skipping a week from the preseason to the season they ought to move the first game back a week so the teams have more practice.

The first preseason games like this one are just terrible.

SnakeLH2006
08-09-2008, 02:34 AM
Seattle being a playoff team and the Vikings are not.

Naturally Charlie Frye and Seneca Wallace crushed the Vikings.

The Vikings may cut Gus Frerotte. How many of you even thought he was still in the league?

Viking pass defense was poor. Jared Allen didn't even make a tackle.

Instead of skipping a week from the preseason to the season they ought to move the first game back a week so the teams have more practice.

The first preseason games like this one are just terrible.

Didn't he play with Curly Lambeau?

Rastak
08-16-2008, 07:37 PM
For what it's worth, T Jackson looked pretty sharp. Ran out of trouble and had a few really nice throws. 7/11 82 yards 1 TD no picks. Ray Lewis tried to tear his leg off and and he's out. I have no idea if it's serious. He never left the bench, I doubt it. Vikes offense looked good, defense still seems to be struggling.

2nd Quarter 17-7 Vikes. Looks like most starters are in.

imscott72
08-16-2008, 07:40 PM
For what it's worth, T Jackson looked pretty sharp. Ran out of trouble and had a few really nice throws. 7/11 82 yards 1 TD no picks. Ray Lewis tried to tear his leg off and and he's out. I have no idea if it's serious. He never left the bench, I doubt it. Vikes offense looked good, defense still seems to be struggling.

Didn't know this thread existed. Ignore my other thread. Hope TJax isn't hurt too bad.

Rastak
08-16-2008, 07:44 PM

Didn't know this thread existed. Ignore my other thread. Hope TJax isn't hurt too bad.

Not sure, he looks to be ok....with Knee's, it's hard to say.

Rastak
08-16-2008, 07:45 PM
Bollinger is in, I'm guessing the 17 points won't increase.

Rastak
08-17-2008, 07:51 PM

He looked better against the Ravens.

Rastak
08-23-2008, 11:02 PM
Okay, if you guys have any interest in news from your week one opponent. The Vikes played without their top two WR's and their starting QB. Didn't seem to matter as their offensive line play was pretty bad. Offense struggled as the defense tore the Steelers a new arsehole. Lots of pressure on the QB, very solid play.

Peterson looked extremely ordinary. Not sure if it was the crap OL or him. Hard to tell sometimes.

Overall, I thought the Vikings outplayed the Steelers starters on both sides of the ball by a small margin.

pack4to84
08-24-2008, 04:50 AM
Okay, if you guys have any interest in news from your week one opponent. The Vikes played without their top two WR's and their starting QB. Didn't seem to matter as their offensive line play was pretty bad. Offense struggled as the defense tore the Steelers a new arsehole. Lots of pressure on the QB, very solid play.

Peterson looked extremely ordinary. Not sure if it was the crap OL or him. Hard to tell sometimes.

Overall, I thought the Vikings outplayed the Steelers starters on both sides of the ball by a small margin. Vikings D was all over B. Roethlisberger.
He had no time. I do like the Steelers 3-4 blitz packages. Hard too tell where the 4th guy is coming from.

SnakeLH2006
08-24-2008, 05:02 AM

Overall, I thought the Vikings outplayed the Steelers starters on both sides of the ball by a small margin.

I feel ya Rastak...he's my starting RB in my new franchise Madden 09 team and hasn't done much...then again, my skill level is All-Madden on there and have been pissed he hasn't broken a 50 yard run in my first 2 games. He's a bust! :roll: