PDA

View Full Version : Favre May Start Clowneying Around - Wow, Big Night For David

Maxie the Taxi
08-08-2008, 07:14 AM
I might have been right about Clowney after all. What's he gonna do when Favre starts throwing? A season or two of this and Favre's passing records will be unreachable.

From Rotoworld:

David Clowney caught touchdowns of 70 and 71 yards, and finished with four grabs for 163 yards, in the Jets' exhibition opener Thursday night.

That's how you make an impression. A project coming out of Virginia Tech in 2007, Clowney has bounced around but gets vertical in a hurry. He's caught coach Eric Mangini's eye in practice and could begin pushing Chansi Stuckey and Brad Smith to be the Jets' third receiver, a position that will matter with Brett Favre in town. Stuckey had 44 yards on three grabs Thursday.

Lurker64
08-08-2008, 07:18 AM
Well, he was playing in the preseason against Cleveland, a team that's not renowned for their pass defense (or really, any defense whatsoever.) I'm interested to see if he can keep it up, as Washington, the Giants, and Philadelphia all have decent-to-outstanding pass defenses.

The Leaper
08-08-2008, 07:34 AM
Yeah...Clowney is a guy who probably can be beat up a bit at the LOS. He'd be a real stretch as a #3 WR IMO.

KYPack
08-08-2008, 07:34 AM
He's a burner. He's real small. I attended the Bengals-Jets game last season. Clowney was on the sideline. My buddy pointed him out for his small size. There was a punt pass and kick competition at the half and Clowney was similar in stature to the contestants, standing near them.

Maxie the Taxi
08-08-2008, 07:43 AM
Jets have him listed as 6'0, 188 lbs. The biggest knock on him I remember with the Packers was bad route running and bad hands.

KYPack
08-08-2008, 08:46 AM
Jets have him listed as 6'0, 188 lbs. The biggest knock on him I remember with the Packers was bad route running and bad hands.

I've seen a couple listings for him at 6'1".

He's not short, but real slender. His speed keeps everybody interested in him.

bobblehead
08-08-2008, 12:14 PM
I might have been right about Clowney after all. What's he gonna do when Favre starts throwing? A season or two of this and Favre's passing records will be unreachable.

From Rotoworld:

David Clowney caught touchdowns of 70 and 71 yards, and finished with four grabs for 163 yards, in the Jets' exhibition opener Thursday night.

That's how you make an impression. A project coming out of Virginia Tech in 2007, Clowney has bounced around but gets vertical in a hurry. He's caught coach Eric Mangini's eye in practice and could begin pushing Chansi Stuckey and Brad Smith to be the Jets' third receiver, a position that will matter with Brett Favre in town. Stuckey had 44 yards on three grabs Thursday.

Didn't brett have all TC and preseason to throw to him last year??

Patler
08-08-2008, 12:47 PM
He's not short, but real slender. His speed keeps everybody interested in him.

I talked to a guy who met him last year in GB. He said he was very slight of build, not just for a football player, but as a regular person. Very narrow bodied and very skinny. A real "toothpick" build. I assume a pro training table and workouts can improve that somewhat.

gbpackfan
08-08-2008, 05:30 PM
IT WAS A PRESEASON GAME! Clowney is very slight of build. I saw him many times at TC and it games. Favre can have him.

Guiness
08-08-2008, 09:36 PM
He had trouble getting off the LOS here. I wonder how much our press coverage CB's made him look bad? Maybe when playing against zone/cover guys he shines a bit more?

SnakeLH2006
08-08-2008, 11:13 PM
Let's get to the real receiving threat beast of the East....

Chris Mortenson on ESPN is now reporting via a phone call with Brett's second cousin's best friend's great-aunt, that with Brett the Jet "wanted one more season with the Beast." When asked to elaborate Favre said, "I know I only have a year or two left, and when I heard Bubba Franks signed on with the Jets, I knew I had to get out of Green Bay to make one last run at it. Playmakers like him and Randy only come around once a generation. Super Bowl or bust baby!" <<Per FavrESPN news line>> :lol: