PDA

View Full Version : Brett Favre on the Packers

RashanGary
08-08-2008, 08:36 AM
“I’ve got a lot of respect for the guys in Green Bay. I said last year, and I said the year before, that was the most talented team I’ve ever played on. Everyone thought I was crazy. I still think the same.”

“We had some differences between I and a couple of other people,” Favre said.
He didn’t elaborate and then quickly added: “That team is going to be good with or without me, and it really serves no purpose to continue talking about it.”

I think Favre is trying to make excuses for why the team doesn't fall apart when he leaves. I think it's always bothered him that the team was getting better and he had to go through the growing pains just to pass the finished product off to someone else. I think he realizes Thompson is building a winner but I think it really bothers him that someone else is goint to take over that team.

OL = Might be the best in 4 years
WR = Best I've seen
RB's = Best since Green was in his prime 5 years ago

ST's = I think will be the best we've seen since the SB years and maybe the best in the NFL is Blackmon is healthy all year

DB's = Strong at the top with depth
LB's = Best group I've ever seen in GB
DL = Not as strong as the other two groups but there have been positive suprises every year. Maybe this year it's DL. It's still stronger than the Joe Johnson, C Hunt, KGB lines of the past.

PackerTimer
08-08-2008, 08:40 AM
I don't think he's making excuses at all. He did say last year that it was the most talented team he'd ever played on. He's not lying about anything he said. I think he's being respectful of the guys in the locker room.

packinpatland
08-08-2008, 08:44 AM
“I’ve got a lot of respect for the guys in Green Bay. I said last year, and I said the year before, that was the most talented team I’ve ever played on. Everyone thought I was crazy. I still think the same.”

He didn’t elaborate and then quickly added: “That team is going to be good with or without me, and it really serves no purpose to continue talking about it.”

I think Favre is trying to make excuses for why the team doesn't fall apart when he leaves. I think it's always bothered him that the team was getting better and he had to go through the growing pains just to pass the finished product off to someone else. I think he realizes Thompson is building a winner but I think it really bothers him that someone else is goint to take over that team.

WR = Best I've seen

ST's = I think will be the best we've seen since the SB years and maybe the best in the NFL is Blackmon is healthy all year

DL = Not as strong as the other two groups but there have been positive suprises every year. Maybe this year it's DL. It's still stronger than the Joe Johnson, C Hunt, KGB lines of the past.

I'm thinking that there is NOTHING that the man could say that you wouldn't take issue with.
:roll:

GBRulz
08-08-2008, 08:44 AM
JH, can you possibly think that the Packers still mean alot to Brett and that he is being sincere with his comments? He's been a part of our organization for 17 years and has worn his heart on his sleeve.

Shouldn't you be happy that the drama is gone? Or can you not live without it so you continue to start threads with these off-the-wall comments? You got your wish about Favre and move on.

RashanGary
08-08-2008, 08:45 AM
I'm thinking that there is NOTHING that the man could say that you wouldn't take issue with.

You're probably right.

I don't trust him as far as I can throw him. It's a good thing he's gone ;)

RashanGary
08-08-2008, 08:47 AM
Yes, GBR, I think do get a very negative feel about Brett. I see everything he does and says as selfish. When he's in the lockerroom I think he's OK, but when he has time to sit and think, I think he starts to become a raging selfish bratt.

GBRulz
08-08-2008, 08:51 AM
can you explain your comments on this thread?

http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?t=12534&highlight=rodgers+predict

drugs, alcohol? someone hacked your account? Forgot to take your meds?

Or do you just post simply to get a reaction?

GBRulz
08-08-2008, 08:52 AM
I don't trust him as far as I can throw him. It's a good thing he's gone ;)

That's how I feel about TT. Unfortunately, I can't say the latter half of your statement.

Rastak
08-08-2008, 08:54 AM

http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?t=12534&highlight=rodgers+predict

Nice.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

SkinBasket
08-08-2008, 09:01 AM

Because Blackmon's shown us so much thus far. :roll:

I don't know about you, but all I know about the guy after all this time is he's an injury prone black guy with a mohawk. Then again, I've never understood why so many people here blindly believe in him while at the same time dismissing Rodgers as injury prone.

prsnfoto
08-08-2008, 09:18 AM

He is just an A-1 asshat it is that simple, what I want to know is if the Packers are so outstanding and they go any less than 11-5 (I think the schedule is obviously tougher than last year) and for sure if they miss the playoffs JH will admit Rodgers sucks and TT made a mistake? I will do the same if I am wrong. I think Brett won more games than JH gives him credit when there was no running game and he lost less games than JH gives him credit. ONLY TIME WILL TELL.

HarveyWallbangers
08-08-2008, 09:41 AM
I don't think he's making excuses at all. He did say last year that it was the most talented team he'd ever played on. He's not lying about anything he said. I think he's being respectful of the guys in the locker room.

Agreed.

PackerTimer
08-08-2008, 09:51 AM

He is just an A-1 asshat it is that simple, what I want to know is if the Packers are so outstanding and they go any less than 11-5 (I think the schedule is obviously tougher than last year) and for sure if they miss the playoffs JH will admit Rodgers sucks and TT made a mistake? I will do the same if I am wrong. I think Brett won more games than JH gives him credit when there was no running game and he lost less games than JH gives him credit. ONLY TIME WILL TELL.

I think Favre gets a lot of credit for wins, probably too much by most. He's an awesome QB but not awesome enough to win without a good TEAM standing beside him. See 8-8 and 4-12. People forget until TT put good players and coaching around Brett he looked like an aging QB well past his prime.

He's a good player but football is the ultimate team sport. I think that's why a lot of people, including myself, think the Packers are gonna do great this year. Are we as strong at QB as we were last year? I don't know. We'll see. Before you answer that, ask if it was Brett that made the team look good last year or if it was the team that made Brett look good? To answer that question honestly look at the the two years prior and your answer might be different than you would think.

Even if we are aren't as strong at QB, I don't think we're that much worse and the rest of the team is as strong, probably stronger with another year of experience. We have a harder schedule so we may not get to 13 wins but I certainly think this team is in the playoffs and a very good team when they get there.

RashanGary
08-08-2008, 09:55 AM
He's a good player but football is the ultimate team sport. I think that's why a lot of people, including myself, think the Packers are gonna do great this year. Are we as strong at QB as we were last year? I don't know. We'll see. Before you answer that, ask if it was Brett that made the team look good last year or if it was the team that made Brett look good? To answer that question honestly look at the the two years prior and your answer might be different than you would think.

Even if we are aren't as strong at QB, I don't think we're that much worse and the rest of the team is as strong, probably stronger with another year of experience. We have a harder schedule so we may not get to 13 wins but I certainly think this team is in the playoffs and a very good team when they get there.

Excellent post. I'm in this camp as well.

oregonpackfan
08-08-2008, 09:59 AM
Yes, GBR, I think do get a very negative feel about Brett. I see everything he does and says as selfish. When he's in the lockerroom I think he's OK, but when he has time to sit and think, I think he starts to become a raging selfish bratt.

While I agree that Favre did not handle this whole retirement/reinstatement issue well at all, I strongly disagree with you about him being selfish.

For 17 years he was very team-oriented and a vital contributor to the Packers' success. He hardly displayed selfishness when he played through a broken thumb on his throwing hand. Half of the other NFL QB's would have gladly sat on the bench with such an injury.

Cheesehead Craig
08-08-2008, 10:06 AM

Because Blackmon's shown us so much thus far. :roll:

I don't know about you, but all I know about the guy after all this time is he's an injury prone black guy with a mohawk. Then again, I've never understood why so many people here blindly believe in him while at the same time dismissing Rodgers as injury prone.
Word.

Freak Out
08-08-2008, 10:09 AM
Just more hate from the same old crowd.

HarveyWallbangers
08-08-2008, 10:20 AM

Yawn. There's one guy in here ripping Favre, so stop with the whining about the "Favre haters." As far as I know, there are only two people that are actually really happy that Favre isn't playing for the Packers this year. Those people are JH and cpk. Maybe Shadow.

BallHawk
08-08-2008, 10:57 AM

I had to check the date and poster multiple times to ensure that it was actually JH that said those things. :D

JH, how do you respond to these allegations?

RashanGary
08-08-2008, 11:03 AM

I had to check the date and poster multiple times to ensure that it was actually JH that said those things. :D

JH, how do you respond to these allegations?

I was sarcastically inpersonating a Brett Favre lover, giving him credit for everythign good that happens for the Packers but alieviating him of anything bad.

BallHawk
08-08-2008, 11:06 AM
I was sarcastically inpersonating a Brett Favre lover, giving him credit for everythign good that happens for the Packers but alieviating him of anything bad.

Good one. I didn't realize the Pack were loaning out Ari to the people of Green Bay.

:D

prsnfoto
08-08-2008, 11:28 AM

I think Favre gets a lot of credit for wins, probably too much by most. He's an awesome QB but not awesome enough to win without a good TEAM standing beside him. See 8-8 and 4-12. People forget until TT put good players and coaching around Brett he looked like an aging QB well past his prime.

Good post I agree with you QB's get too much credit for wins and too much shit for losses, I guess what I am trying to say is because BF is BF he commands a certain amount of respect and the running game will do better.
Brett certainly had the most talent around him last year since Shermans first couple of years. I was trying to point out until Grant showed up I think Brett was the main reason along with the D keeping it close that the Pack started strong. My fear this year is that teams are going to stack the box to stop the run and blitz a lot to try to kill A-Rod. One of the sports channels last night was having a round table discussion about how A-Rod was a Jeff Tedford coached player and it is any easy system blah,blah and Favre was the fastest first read QB of all-time(sometimes that worked against him) but they all thought Rodgers will struggle because he doesn't have the physical skills or instincts that Brett had, who knows?

Freak Out
08-08-2008, 11:52 AM

Yawn. There's one guy in here ripping Favre, so stop with the whining about the "Favre haters." As far as I know, there are only two people that are actually really happy that Favre isn't playing for the Packers this year. Those people are JH and cpk. Maybe Shadow.

Yawn. Isn't that what I was saying?

HarveyWallbangers
08-08-2008, 12:12 PM

Isn't that what I was saying?

What crowd? It was JH. Nobody else piled on. He's the only one that said anything negative. Take your beef up with him.

Freak Out
08-08-2008, 12:34 PM

Isn't that what I was saying?

What crowd? It was JH. Nobody else piled on. He's the only one that said anything negative. Take your beef up with him.

Pardon me for my use of the word crowd when I should of used a singular reference.

Just more Favre hate from a reliable source. :lol:

Actually not so reliable. :lol:

HarveyWallbangers
08-08-2008, 12:36 PM
Pardon me for my use of the word crowd when I should of used a singular reference.

Just more Favre hate from a reliable source. :lol:

Actually not so reliable. :lol:

That I can agree with.

MadtownPacker
08-08-2008, 01:09 PM
I was sarcastically inpersonating a Brett Favre lover, giving him credit for everythign good that happens for the Packers but alieviating him of anything bad.Damn foolio, you put Harlan to shamw with that drama act.

Bretsky
08-08-2008, 11:05 PM

yup, when it comes down to it there are only a few Favre haters and a few TT haters and everybody else is somewhere in the middle

SnakeLH2006
08-09-2008, 02:40 AM

WR = Best I've seen

:bclap:

As many that have issues with Favre may be, give it a rest yo! This man gave his all to the Green and Gold and always supported his current/past teammates that gave their all. So give it a rest JH. He's gone and moved on, and so have we. Yeah, we have a decent team that HE wanted to be a part of, but I don't see ANYTHING where FAVRE has EVER given any excuses. He may waver/say truths he shouldn't, but NEVER has thrown his teammates (Walker was a bitch and does not count) under the bus. Go Pack!

HarveyWallbangers
08-09-2008, 09:57 AM
As many that have issues with Favre may be, give it a rest yo!

To be fair, you haven't exactly been taking it easy on ARod. It goes both ways. At this point, how about we support both guys?

GBRulz
08-09-2008, 09:59 AM

Good one. I didn't realize the Pack were loaning out Ari to the people of Green Bay.

Now, BH...THAT was a good one!!

mraynrand
08-09-2008, 10:08 AM

Favre is really only upset over one thing: The Packers (TT and MM) feel they have a better chance to win without him than with him. That's it. Favre can't come to grips with that reality (that TT and MM feel that way), and I don't blame him. I hope TT and MM are right, but I suspect they are wrong. Still, Favre is correct - the team is talented and deep. Even if Rodgers is an average QB, they could still win it all.

pbmax
08-09-2008, 10:50 AM
Favre is really only upset over one thing: The Packers (TT and MM) feel they have a better chance to win LONG TERM without him than with him. That's it.

Fixed.

The issue was not just this year. Rodgers is under contract for two more years, it will take both to figure out if he is the guy. If Favre had been back, they either would have had one year to evaluate Rodgers as a starter or face dumping him and start with Brohm in 09 or 10.

mraynrand
08-09-2008, 11:14 AM
Favre is really only upset over one thing: The Packers (TT and MM) feel they have a better chance to win LONG TERM without him than with him. That's it.

Fixed.

The issue was not just this year. Rodgers is under contract for two more years, it will take both to figure out if he is the guy. If Favre had been back, they either would have had one year to evaluate Rodgers as a starter or face dumping him and start with Brohm in 09 or 10.

I disagree on one point. Sure, they're looking long term, but they're looking short term too. They want to win it all this year, too (every good GM and coach, given a realistic chance wants to win in the current year). If they thought Favre would get them there, they would have told him so in January and begged him to come back. I'm certain MM and TT think Rodgers gives them the best chance to win it all THIS YEAR. And even if you disagree with this, you have to believe that this is what steams Favre - the fact that they'd rather take their chances with a guy who never started over Favre.