PDA

View Full Version : Shocking...Favre silent on long term Jet deal

digitaldean
08-08-2008, 08:41 AM
I found this not too surprising. Brett unsure to commit to more than 1 season.
______

CLEVELAND — Only at the end, after he had said all the right things about being excited for the opportunity, after he had held up the jersey in the unfamiliar shade of green, after he had revisited all that had gone wrong in Green Bay, did Brett Favre admit to just how fragile his new union with the Jets is.

“Was this just a one-year commitment?” someone asked as Favre walked out of the room.

“We’ll see,” he responded, disappearing into the locker room.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/08/sports/football/08favre.html?_r=1&ref=football&oref=slogin

GBRulz
08-08-2008, 08:49 AM
How would you have liked for him to answer that question, Dean? I mean the guy is there less than 24 hrs and the press is already starting in with questions like this.

Fritz
08-08-2008, 08:52 AM
The nerves are frayed everywhere.

Go Pack go!

Rastak
08-08-2008, 08:52 AM
How would you have liked for him to answer that question, Dean? I mean the guy is there less than 24 hrs and the press is already starting in with questions like this.

Yea, he was walking out when someone throws a question at him. Do people expect a detailed answer? In addition, he just got there. Wouldn't it make sense to see how things go with a new team and new city before making any long term decisions?

swede
08-08-2008, 08:57 AM
NEWSDAY

Favre May Retire!

RashanGary
08-08-2008, 08:59 AM
I remember the GB media respecting FAvre and always asking nice, friendly questions.

He's going to be in for a rude awakening when he shows up at his press conference and gets grilled by relentless New Yorkers when he throws 3 picks in one game.

packinpatland
08-08-2008, 09:02 AM
I remember the GB media respecting FAvre and always asking nice, friendly questions.

He's going to be in for a rude awakening when he shows up at his press conference and gets grilled by relentless New Yorkers when he throws 3 picks in one game.

And Brett never shirked a question, or never placed the blame on someone else..............unlike some QB's. He'll do just fine with the NY press.

digitaldean
08-08-2008, 09:12 AM

Should have elaborated more... :oops:

just illustrating that the NY media is a lot more of a piranha tank than GB.

The Leaper
08-08-2008, 09:13 AM

Yeah...he never experienced calls for Mark Brunell in Green Bay. :roll: :roll: :roll:

JH, you are as much of a drama queen as Favre is.

cpk1994
08-08-2008, 10:24 AM

And Brett never shirked a question, or never placed the blame on someone else..............unlike some QB's. He'll do just fine with the NY press.
OF course Favre didn't. He had Mike SHerman do that for him when he was here.

RashanGary
08-08-2008, 10:27 AM
OF course Favre didn't. He had Mike SHerman do that for him when he was here.

:)

He said he makes some and misses some. It will be interesting to see how long the New Yorkers buy that when they're losing.

mmmdk
08-08-2008, 10:27 AM
NEWSDAY

Favre may be a Lizard

sheepshead
08-08-2008, 10:45 AM
If he makes it that far.

FritzDontBlitz
08-08-2008, 12:54 PM

I think you guys should be a little more concerned with how A-Rod is letting little kids get under his skin.

But Rodgers said he hears things off the field, too.

"I understand it to some point if I put myself into a Favre fanatic's shoes," Rodgers said of getting booed. "The things I can't understand, the things I really take personally, is when I'm driving up to the (parking lot) gate and punching in my punch code and somebody says ‘F.U.' to me. That kind of bothers me. Or when a little kid is yelling swear words at me. That kind of gets to me. The boos, they expect a high level of play and they miss Brett Favre. I understand that. But the ‘F.U.' and the little kids saying swear words to me, I don't understand that."

Rodgers said it's happened to him about a half dozen times. Asked how he responds to such things, he said:

"What can you do. Do people really feel better about themselves after they say stuff like that to me? It's disappointing. I'm not too dumb, I'm not going to say anything back to them. It's not my style, it's against my religion. The boos I can understand those, the other stuff I can't. I can't really understand that. It's not very classy."

http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/archive/2008/08/08/rodgers-trying-to-deal-with-pro-favre-crowd.aspx

That is not a very good omen. If a little kid can rattle him in the parking lot, what happens when a 250 linebacker starts yelling in his earhole after nailing him on a blitz? Not only that, do you really think its smart for him to be offering up tidbits of bulletin board material before he even gets to his first league start?

MadtownPacker
08-08-2008, 12:56 PM
He said he makes some and misses some. It will be interesting to see how long the New Yorkers buy that when they're losing.Someone hasnt stopped drinking that hatorade. What a drama queen. :)

cpk1994
08-08-2008, 01:01 PM

I think you guys should be a little more concerned with how A-Rod is letting little kids get under his skin.

But Rodgers said he hears things off the field, too.

"I understand it to some point if I put myself into a Favre fanatic's shoes," Rodgers said of getting booed. "The things I can't understand, the things I really take personally, is when I'm driving up to the (parking lot) gate and punching in my punch code and somebody says ‘F.U.' to me. That kind of bothers me. Or when a little kid is yelling swear words at me. That kind of gets to me. The boos, they expect a high level of play and they miss Brett Favre. I understand that. But the ‘F.U.' and the little kids saying swear words to me, I don't understand that."

Rodgers said it's happened to him about a half dozen times. Asked how he responds to such things, he said:

"What can you do. Do people really feel better about themselves after they say stuff like that to me? It's disappointing. I'm not too dumb, I'm not going to say anything back to them. It's not my style, it's against my religion. The boos I can understand those, the other stuff I can't. I can't really understand that. It's not very classy."

http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/archive/2008/08/08/rodgers-trying-to-deal-with-pro-favre-crowd.aspx

That is not a very good omen. If a little kid can rattle him in the parking lot, what happens when a 250 linebacker starts yelling in his earhole after nailing him on a blitz? Not only that, do you really think its smart for him to be offering up tidbits of bulletin board material before he even gets to his first league start?How is it rattling him? I thinkif it is a adult doing it to him he won't care. Its when little kids saying it that bothers him. SO unless an NFL team lines up 11 6 year olds on defense and they are all yelling F.U. I have no worries about that.

GrnBay007
08-08-2008, 01:03 PM
He said he makes some and misses some. It will be interesting to see how long the New Yorkers buy that when they're losing.Someone hasnt stopped drinking that hatorade. What a drama queen. :)

No kidding. JH, you now have the GM, Coach and QB you've always wanted. I really see no reason for you to even talk about Favre....he's gone and out of your hair, right? If you continue to dog him now, it will look like you really aren't sold on the Packers current QB and you have bad feelings for Favre leaving.

theeaterofshades
08-08-2008, 02:02 PM
[quote="cpk1994 SO unless an NFL team lines up 11 6 year olds on defense and they are all yelling F.U. I have no worries about that.[/quote]

CPK thanks for my new signature line! I laughed my ass off.

cpk1994
08-08-2008, 02:12 PM
[quote="cpk1994 SO unless an NFL team lines up 11 6 year olds on defense and they are all yelling F.U. I have no worries about that.

CPK thanks for my new signature line! I laughed my ass off.[/quote]Im here to help :)

SnakeLH2006
08-09-2008, 12:55 AM

Yeah...he never experienced calls for Mark Brunell in Green Bay. :roll: :roll: :roll:

http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/atlarge/epic_fail.jpg

GBRulz
08-09-2008, 09:56 AM

Give Favre more credit than that, please.

Guiness
08-09-2008, 12:08 PM
I sort of agree, but not entirely...

Yes, the media in NY will definitely be a lot more ruthless, and not care if they offend BF, where the Wi boys wouldn't want to get in a situation where he wouldn't talk to/was mad at them.

OTOH while he's still a big fish, it's a big pond over there in NY. By my count, 7 pro sports teams? NY isn't the fish bowl that Wi was for him.

Guiness
08-09-2008, 12:37 PM
That is not a very good omen. If a little kid can rattle him in the parking lot, what happens when a 250 linebacker starts yelling in his earhole after nailing him on a blitz? Not only that, do you really think its smart for him to be offering up tidbits of bulletin board material before he even gets to his first league start?

I'm with cpk here - I don't think the LB will bother him as much as the 6yr old. You expect shit out of the "muscle bound steroid raging Terry Tate wannabees" at linebacker. He's been dealing with those morons since HS, I'd guess. :wink:

But a kid can tug at your hearstrings. He'd be more upset if none of the kids offered him their bicycle to get to the Hudson center than anything Urlacher could scream at him.