PDA

View Full Version : Favre on Madden cover

KYPack
08-08-2008, 09:24 AM
Like everybody else in the Brett Favre saga, Electronic Arts the publisher of the Madden football video game franchise has had to scramble.

The latest edition of Madden will be released Tuesday, & it will still feature the quarterback in his Green Bay Packers uniform — despite the fact Favre was traded to the New York Jets.

Electronic Arts said it will release a downloadable update to make Favre a Jet in the game, as well as new cover art for anyone who wants it.

HarveyWallbangers
08-08-2008, 09:44 AM
The good thing that I've found is that the Madden Curse doesn't appear to affect teams. Four of the last 5 teams with a guy on the Madden Curse won their division. For example, Alexander was on the cover last year and got hurt, but Seattle won their division. In 2006, McNabb was on the cover and got hurt, but Philadelphia won their division.
:D

The Leaper
08-08-2008, 09:46 AM
It is the ultimate test of the Madden curse...if it can take down a guy who has a string of 16 seasons of starts, then no one will ever want to be pictured on Madden ever again.

HarveyWallbangers
08-08-2008, 09:48 AM
It is the ultimate test of the Madden curse...if it can take down a guy who has a string of 16 seasons of starts, then no one will ever want to be pictured on Madden ever again.

Maybe the Curse was him getting shipped to the Jets?

KYPack
08-08-2008, 09:57 AM

Maybe the Curse was him getting shipped to the Jets?

Yeah.

That's what I thought you were saying.

Put Favre on Madden and he's off the Packers? That's the curse big time.

MadtownPacker
08-08-2008, 12:53 PM
Like many have said, the curse has already acted it self out.

SnakeLH2006
08-09-2008, 02:57 AM
The good thing that I've found is that the Madden Curse doesn't appear to affect teams. Four of the last 5 teams with a guy on the Madden Curse won their division. For example, Alexander was on the cover last year and got hurt, but Seattle won their division. In 2006, McNabb was on the cover and got hurt, but Philadelphia won their division.

So the Jets win their Division? WOW, the Patriots must implode this year....Or...most likely Favre's influence on Madden is so much that everything thought is naught and the curse is reversed with the Favre swerve flip-flop logic and the Packers do great and Madden 2009 actually doesn't suck monkey nuts this year! Fuck ya, that would be great! :roll:

Brando19
08-09-2008, 09:56 AM
http://packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?t=13979

A few days too late on this topic.

HarveyWallbangers
08-09-2008, 10:03 AM

So the Jets win their Division?

Not the way I see it. Favre is on the Madden cover wearing a Packers uniform.