PDA

View Full Version : Why TT has won me over

SudsMcBucky
08-08-2008, 11:38 AM
Oh, I admit, I was a staunch opponent of TT at first. I didn't like the way he handled Walker, I didn't like the fact that he didn't make any big-time FA splashes, etc. And I STILL don't like the way he handled BF. However, I do think BF had a much bigger role in the way this went down than TT, but TT could have done a much better job of this, especially considering all BF gave to GB the last 17 years. I am also still critical of his continual trading down in drafts.

But this is what I HAVE seen out of TT:

He took a team that was severely strapped financially against the cap and provided one of the best cap positions in all the NFL to sign existing players long-term, take an occassional FA signing (Woodson), and be financially set in the future if a big move he sees fit is needed.

He took an aging team that was falling apart under Sherman and rebuilt it into an NFC Championship-calibre team, all while being the YOUNGEST team in the NFL.

BF should have seen the moves for the TEAM would only have benefited HIM. Remember, only a couple years ago, a Favre-led team only won 4 games. In a couple short years, TT and MM had him back in the NFC championship game.

So, yes, I was initially highly critical of TT, but I've come around after seeing the way he was able to construct this team into 13-3, still young, and positioned well financially.

Sorry if I came around later than some of you, but I'm on board. :D :bclap:

Spaulding
08-08-2008, 12:46 PM
Good to hear, TT has his faults (communication to some extent) but appears to be one heck of a GM and a poker player I'd like to avoid at the table.

One thing though, if Rodgers tanks or goes down early in the season with an injury much of the good work he's done will be justifiably swept under the rug as we will have then given up a very good shot at the NFC Championship game again and possibly the Superbowl.

That being said, this is a chips all in play and my money is on TT and M3.

bbbffl66
08-08-2008, 12:59 PM
Don't like him. Never liked him. Probably will never like him. But by God I sure hope I'm spectacularly wrong and we get back to the Super Bowl!!!

swede
08-08-2008, 01:09 PM
So, yes, I was initially highly critical of TT, but I've come around after seeing the way he was able to construct this team into 13-3, still young, and positioned well financially.

Sorry if I came around later than some of you, but I'm on board. :D :bclap:

Go to Lambeau Field, use a mirror to look under Vince's overcoat for a code written backwards in the bronze. We'll contact you, show you the handshake, and drive you blindfolded to the location where TT's Minions hold the secret meetings. If accused of wanting to rule the world deny, deny, deny.