PDA

View Full Version : Whats really pissing me off...

packers11
08-08-2008, 01:33 PM
ESPN's little bandwagon. When Favre was on the packers last year, everyone said he wasn't top 5 QB (before the season started) and how the packers are going to be 8-8 at best if Favre could just manage the game and not gunsling...

Now... Since the packers built a good team and Favre attributed by being apart of that good team (13-3) , once he left us for the Jets we (the packers) are no longer a 'contender'

BUT... The team Favre went to the Jets, everyone is expecting Favre to lead them far into the playoffs...

If he couldn't do it last year with home field advantage with a superior team, then what he has right now, then how the hell are all the analyst expecting him to take the Jets far this year???

I love Favre probably more than anyone on this forum, but the way ESPN is treating the Favre vs Rodgers thing makes me sick.

Last night before preseason game on ESPN all for analyst said the Jets would have more win then the packers for the sole fact that Favre was on the team...

I just can't wait until the regular season starts, I hope Favre does good, but I think the packers and rodgers will do better (in a weaker nfc)...

Thoughts???

Harlan Huckleby
08-08-2008, 01:38 PM
I love Favre probably more than anyone on this forum

That's quite a claim. What are your credentials?

GBRulz has hidden in the bushes outside his house for 12 years. Madtown wept uncontrollably all 12 times that Favre hinted at retirement.

svh1962
08-08-2008, 01:42 PM
I do not like ESPN at all. Since they are mostly ex-jocks, they will rip on management all they can. That being said, I think it will be very interesting to follow the 2 teams and see what happens. I have had NFL ticket for the last 4 years so I could follow the Packers in my area(Detroit Lions market) and now I can follow the jets also(when they don't clash with the packers that is) :)

sheepshead
08-08-2008, 02:42 PM
Dont get upset at some limpdicked, goteed , coiffed hair wearin' blowhard trying to fill in his 15 minutes.

cpk1994
08-08-2008, 02:43 PM
Dont get upset at some limpdicked, goteed , coiffed hair wearin' blowhard trying to fill in his 15 minutes.Schlereth's 15 minutes were filled about 10 years ago.

BZnDallas
08-08-2008, 07:38 PM
i also think its funny that espn's power rankings show us in the top ten... yet everybody talks about how bad the packers are going to be... and thats power rankings after brett had retired so they knew AR was going to be the starter... its all BS!!!! they are just trying to talk shit to get ratings!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/powerranking?season=2008&week=0

Bretsky
08-08-2008, 11:15 PM
QB aside, the talent on Green Bay and the Jets is not comparable.

No excuses if Green Bay has a worse record than the Jets

This is an easy choice

Harlan Huckleby
08-08-2008, 11:18 PM

This is an easy choice

maybe you are right. the media is sure spinning the Jets offense though, the revamped line, Thomas Jones, good wideouts, and a speed TE. It probably is a generous amount of bull, trying to hype Favre's possibilities.

GoPackGo
08-08-2008, 11:26 PM
The Jets have some talent.
exhibit A. Dec 03, 2006 NYJ 38 @ GB 10

Harlan Huckleby
08-08-2008, 11:29 PM
ancient history

HarveyWallbangers
08-09-2008, 12:20 AM
Jets do have some talent, but it's a team that was built largely from the outside. Those teams tend not to do well.

Starters from another team:
QB from Packers
RB from Bears
FB from Vikings
WR from Redskins (although he started in NY, but not with this coaching staff)
OG from Steelers
OT from Lions
NT from Panthers
DE from Cowboys
LB from Raiders
LB from Cardinals
S from Cowboys

Most of them older veterans, and all of them have been signed within the last 2 years. They haven't drafted well.

prsnfoto
08-09-2008, 10:28 AM

This is an easy choice

Agreed and if this doesn't occur I know two guys who should be run out of town. I am fully expecting a division title, conference title, and depending who we play a SB victory.

BZnDallas
08-10-2008, 06:23 PM

This is an easy choice

Agreed and if this doesn't occur I know two guys who should be run out of town. I am fully expecting a division title, conference title, and depending who we play a SB victory.

certainly lofty goals and i hope you are correct... unfortunately i'm only expecting playoffs and some solid play from AR as a first year starter... if thats the case i'm hoping for Super Bowl in the near future

chain_gang
08-10-2008, 06:45 PM
I'm torn on this one, the homer in me says Green Bay should have more wins, but the logic in me says that the Jets will have more.

The Jets Schedule is a cupcake, except for two gains against the Pats, and a game against the Chargers. The play 11 teams that did not have a winning record in '07. They upgraded their offensive line, have a pretty good receiving group all around, especially with Cotchery, Coles, Keller, and Franks. Thomas Jones will benefit a lot from Favre being there, and Little Leon Washington is a threat to take it to the house every time he touches the ball. There Defense is a big Question mark, but I don't see a reason why they shouldn't win 10 games. I was thinking 8-9 before the Favre trade, but now anything less than 10 should be a disappointment.

As for Green Bay, to me their Schedule looks to be a lot more difficult. I would say they should still get 9-10 wins, which in my eyes would be a success. Especially with their early season schedule.

So I'll say about even @10-10, but a homer nod bumps it up in Green Bay's favor 11-10.

Partial
08-10-2008, 06:57 PM

This is an easy choice

Don't know about that. They have quite a bit of young talent. Their left side of their OL has the potential to be dominant, Thomas Jones has shown he can be an effective back, they have good receivers, etc. Their defense is ran by Mangenius and you know it will be competitive.

I'm thinking they'll be a surprise team. It also helps with how soft their div is outside of NE.

BallHawk
08-10-2008, 07:13 PM

This is an easy choice

Don't know about that. They have quite a bit of young talent. Their left side of their OL has the potential to be dominant, Thomas Jones has shown he can be an effective back, they have good receivers, etc. Their defense is ran by Mangenius and you know it will be competitive.

I'm thinking they'll be a surprise team. It also helps with how soft their div is outside of NE.

I don't buy the hype on Mangini. He had one good year and one horrible year. He's got a lot left to prove until he deserves the title the media has given him.

Jets won't even finish 2nd in their division. Bills will be 2nd.

texaspackerbacker
08-10-2008, 07:21 PM
Pay no attention to anything these know-nothing media dipshits say. Instead, consider what they and their kind were predicting for the Packers last season--and how wrong they were.

Pay no attention to any of the negativists in this forum, as they, too, undoubtedly didn't have a clue last season either.

Both because Aaron Rodgers will outplay Brett Favre and because the Packer team overall is head and shoulders better than the Jets or almost anybody else in the NFL, the Packers with Rodgers should win at least 5 or 6 more games than the Jets with Favre.