PDA

View Full Version : Why Are People Like This?

Chevelle2
08-08-2008, 02:51 PM
http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/archive/2008/08/08/rodgers-trying-to-deal-with-pro-favre-crowd.aspx

"The things I can't understand, the things I really take personally, is when I'm driving up to the (parking lot) gate and punching in my punch code and somebody says ‘F.U.' to me. That kind of bothers me. Or when a little kid is yelling swear words at me."

sheepshead
08-08-2008, 02:58 PM
ARod needs to grow a pair and not spill his beans to reporters.

sheepshead
08-08-2008, 02:58 PM
Having said that, I agree, its hard to understand people sometimes.

hoosier
08-08-2008, 03:09 PM
http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/archive/2008/08/08/rodgers-trying-to-deal-with-pro-favre-crowd.aspx

"The things I can't understand, the things I really take personally, is when I'm driving up to the (parking lot) gate and punching in my punch code and somebody says ‘F.U.' to me. That kind of bothers me. Or when a little kid is yelling swear words at me."

Fans these days. :roll: Instead of resorting to cheap vulgarities, why not try something original like shouting a bunch of random numbers really fast. If it's a long code, no way he'd be able to enter it successfully while that's going on.

Chevelle2
08-08-2008, 03:11 PM

Fans these days. :roll: Instead of resorting to cheap vulgarities, why not try something original like shouting a bunch of random numbers really fast. If it's a long code, no way he'd be able to enter it successfully while that's going on.

They did that too. A few guys were chanting "7 for 20" the day after the family scrimmage. :roll:

oregonpackfan
08-08-2008, 03:23 PM

They did that too. A few guys were chanting "7 for 20" the day after the family scrimmage. :roll:

Even Super Bowl winning QB Eli Manning went 2 for 6 for 20 yards in the exhibition game last night. Many QB's, even Favre, start off slowly in the preseason.

VegasPackFan
08-08-2008, 03:24 PM
These people are NOT Packers fans. Period.

Zool
08-08-2008, 03:25 PM
It's often said by coaches that the offenses have to catch up with the defense early in the year. Defenses read and react while offense tries to impose itself on a defense. It takes time.

PlantPage55
08-08-2008, 03:39 PM
These people are NOT Packers fans. Period.

No kidding. I take pleasure in the fact that they are clearly wasting their miserable lives going to training camps for a team that they obviously have no interest in when a certain player is not there.

Fucking dumbass people.

Redbelly
08-08-2008, 04:03 PM
Things like this beg the question:

Who pee'd in the gene pool? :(

Chevelle2
08-08-2008, 04:08 PM

This guy

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-6/1193024/knuckle-dragger.jpg

Redbelly
08-08-2008, 04:16 PM
I am guessing that was a picture of Farve - pic didn't come up - Farve didn't help things

It's just to bad that we have fans(?) like this - at least we have the bikini girls - or is that too bad too - I mean also

Chevelle2
08-08-2008, 04:17 PM
I am guessing that was a picture of Favre - pic didn't come up - Favre didn't help things

It's just to bad that we have fans(?) like this - at least we have the bikini girls - or is that too bad too - I mean also

Nah, its a picture of a redneck with a Favre jersey yelling at the practice field. Damn, Im pissed its not showing up.

dissident94
08-08-2008, 04:23 PM
The pic showed up for me.

Thats our future right there. Jsut watch the movie idiocracy. Our gene pool is actually becoming worse because dumb people have 20 kids while intelligent ones have 1-2.

Guys like that make me ashamed to like the pack. I think most people think of that guy when they think of Wisconsin

Redbelly
08-08-2008, 04:25 PM
Well it wouldn't be fer sher this redneck - cause I've never been to see a practice

Saw many a preseason game at County Stadium back in the day though - boy the Packers sucked - the fans around me were as nice as they could be though - so much that I started going up to County Stadium to watch Brewer games just to be around

These grumpy fans could learn from the folks I met

Chevelle2
08-08-2008, 04:26 PM
Guys like that make me ashamed to like the pack. I think most people think of that guy when they think of Wisconsin

Agree 100%.

I know what Im about to say, is controversial, but I really don't think Packer fans are that smart. Most people are that guy, a 12 year old kid, or a 40 year old mom who has their head so far stuck up Favres back side that they don't realize there are 51 other guys on the team too, who are pretty good in their own right.

I think thats why Packer boards are some of the most active online - because the intelligent ones have to go elsewhere to engage in meaningful packer discussion.

dissident94
08-08-2008, 04:30 PM
Sure their are 52 other players, but a big time QB is worth more than anyone. We have been spoiled by good QB play for too long.

Its like starting pitching in baseball you can have a great player in every position. But if your rotation sucks forget it.

Not all positions as in life are equal. To have a great QB is far more important than having a great right guard for example. You can win with a crappy guard but cannot win without a solid QB.

Plus not all players are treated equally or paid equally and they shouldn't be because some are more important. Jsut like any business "elite" people get advantges.

Redbelly
08-08-2008, 04:33 PM
I agree to an extent - But I don't think they should get a license to abuse their advantages

Redbelly
08-08-2008, 04:40 PM
Chevelle - I don't think "that guy" is limited to the Green Bay Pool

I think it's pervasive

dissident94
08-08-2008, 04:45 PM
There always has to be a line I guess. Some franchises realized to give their elite players as much line as needed.

For example Jordan his last 3 years was given a 1 year contract each year. Each year it was known he may retire or not. They gave him that freedom. For three straight years he signed like 30 million 1 year deals. They were fine with that. Knowing when you have a special player you give him what he wants.

Tyrone Bigguns
08-08-2008, 04:49 PM

Agree 100%.

I know what Im about to say, is controversial, but I really don't think Packer fans are that smart. Most people are that guy, a 12 year old kid, or a 40 year old mom who has their head so far stuck up Favres back side that they don't realize there are 51 other guys on the team too, who are pretty good in their own right.

I think thats why Packer boards are some of the most active online - because the intelligent ones have to go elsewhere to engage in meaningful packer discussion.

Football has always been and will always be a blue collar sport. Unfortunately you gotta take the idiots with the sport.

Ty doesn't identify with that packer fan anymore than he does with "losers" that inhabit the Dawg pound, etc.

That is what skyboxes/luxury boxes were invented for...to stay away from the idiots.

If you can't afford that..or just want to get away..there is always golf, tennis or equestrian.

imscott72
08-08-2008, 04:49 PM
Chevelle - I don't think "that guy" is limited to the Green Bay Pool

I think it's pervasive

Yeah exactly. Have you seem some Bears and Viking fans? They claim a lot of those losers too.

Chevelle2
08-08-2008, 04:51 PM
Yeah true true...sorry if I offended anyone.

BallHawk
08-08-2008, 04:56 PM
Football has always been and will always be a blue collar sport. Unfortunately you gotta take the idiots with the sport.

I'd say football has grown on the white collar crowd over the years, making it more and more popular. However, I will say that baseball does have the most intelligent fans, IMO.

Redbelly
08-08-2008, 04:57 PM
TB - of course you know they're are horse's asses in equestrian too

Joemailman
08-08-2008, 05:03 PM

This guy

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-6/1193024/knuckle-dragger.jpg

This guy looks like the kind of Jets fan that shows up at the NFL Draft.

Tyrone Bigguns
08-08-2008, 05:08 PM

I'd say football has grown on the white collar crowd over the years, making it more and more popular. However, I will say that baseball does have the most intelligent fans, IMO.

Football has grown..correct. No doubt about it...but, it retains it's blue collar base.

I would say that football has grown white collar because of it's adoption by corp america and advertising...to the blue collar idiots. Look at the ads that run. Beer, hot chicks, beer, trucks, etc.

Baseball...by virtue that it is so numbers oriented requies some smarts. But, plenty of idiots out there as well.

Tyrone Bigguns
08-08-2008, 05:10 PM

First, learn when to use a contraction...or are you part of the ass crowd in football?

Horse's asses: Are you referring to the horse...if so...when can we put down packer idiot fans like they do with horses?

If you are referring to the fans...well, they may be pompous, etc...but rarely do they embarrass you like that fatass, mullet wearing mouth breather.

th87
08-08-2008, 06:05 PM

First, learn when to use a contraction...or are you part of the ass crowd in football?

Horse's asses: Are you referring to the horse...if so...when can we put down packer idiot fans like they do with horses?

If you are referring to the fans...well, they may be pompous, etc...but rarely do they embarrass you like that fatass, mullet wearing mouth breather.

Calm down. I got the joke.

Tyrone Bigguns
08-08-2008, 06:40 PM

Calm down. I got the joke.

I was calm..i got the joke....believe me..i'd like to "put down" a few of the fans that are no longer viable.

mission
08-08-2008, 06:47 PM
i know how a-rod feels

i sold local multiple-golf course packages door-to-door for a summer just for some extra cash and im a pretty friendly dude in person so never really had any problems with folks and if i did, it was never a big deal.

but man, a four year old came to the door once and said "if you dont have a permit, you need to get the fuck out of here scumbag"

no joke, i kid you not....

i couldnt believe it... i didnt sell much after that. i wanted to kill the kid, but more importantly his dad who was probably standing behind the door.

lol

SnakeLH2006
08-09-2008, 12:32 AM
It's often said by coaches that the offenses have to catch up with the defense early in the year. Defenses read and react while offense tries to impose itself on a defense. It takes time.

Unless you go 13-15 for 165 yards with 2 TD's in the first scrimmage. Did someone do that last year? :lol:

HarveyWallbangers
08-09-2008, 12:42 AM
That same guy went 2 for 7 for 7 yards in preseason game #1 last year. Hopefully, Rodgers will do better than that.

It will be interesting to see if Rodgers can keep up the good play from the last two preseasons when he finally goes 1s vs 1s--instead of 2s vs 2s.

2007 - 37/59, 382 yds, 3 TDs, 0 ints
2006 - 22/38, 323 yds, 3 TDs, 1 int

SnakeLH2006
08-09-2008, 12:45 AM
That same guy went 2 for 7 for 7 yards in preseason game #1 last year. Hopefully, Rodgers will do better than that.

If we are going by history and statistics (I'll take the former) yet pray that the latter can better that in some way.