PDA

View Full Version : POS John Edwards

GoPackGo
08-08-2008, 02:55 PM
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/E/EDWARDS_AFFAIR?SITE=WIMIL&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

Edwards admits to affair, denies fathering child

By PETE YOST
Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Former Democratic presidential candidate John Edwards on Friday admitted to an extramarital affair while his wife was battling cancer. He denied fathering the woman's daughter. Edwards told ABC News that he lied repeatedly about the affair with 42-year-old Rielle Hunter but said that he didn't love her.

He said he has not taken a paternity test but knows he isn't the father because of the timing of the affair and the birth.

ABC said a former Edwards campaign staffer claims he is the father, not Edwards.

Hunter's daughter, Frances Quinn Hunter, was born on Feb. 27, 2008, and no father's name is given on the birth certificate filed in California.

Three weeks ago, the National Enquirer said its reporters caught Edwards visiting Hunter at a California hotel. In the interview, scheduled to air on ABC News' "Nightline," Edwards said the tabloid was correct when it reported on his meeting with Hunter at the Beverly Hills Hotel last month.

Edwards was a top contender for the Democratic nomination for president, pursuing his party's nod even after announcing that his wife, Elizabeth, had a deadly form of cancer.

He placed second in the Iowa caucuses last January but dropped out of the race a few weeks later. He has been mentioned as a possible vice presidential choice for Barack Obama. The former North Carolina senator was the Democratic nominee for vice president in 2004.

David Bonior, Edwards' campaign manager for his 2008 presidential bid, said Friday he was disappointed and angry after hearing about Edwards' confession.

"Thousands of friends of the senators and his supporters have put their faith and confidence in him and he's let him down," said Bonior, a former congressman from Michigan. "They've been betrayed by his action."

Asked whether the affair would damage Edwards' future aspirations in public service, Bonior replied: "You can't lie in politics and expect to have people's confidence."

In 2006, Edwards' political action committee paid $100,000 in a four-month span to a newly formed firm run by Rielle Hunter, who directed the production of just four Web videos, one a mere 2 1/2 minutes long.

The payments from Edwards' One America Committee to Midline Groove Productions LLC started on July 5, 2006, five days after Hunter incorporated the firm in Delaware.

Midline provided "Website/Internet services," according to reports that Edwards' PAC filed with the Federal Election Commission.

Midline's work product consists of four YouTube videos showing Edwards in informal settings as he prepares to make speeches in Storm Lake, Iowa, and Pittsburgh, as he prepares for an appearance on "The Daily Show With Jon Stewart" and travels in Uganda in 2006.

Edwards' PAC following the six-figure payment with two smaller payments totaling $14,461, the last on April 1, 2007.

At the time Hunter was compiling the videos in mid-2006, Edwards was preparing a run for president.

Hunter's name appears on credits in the four videos as director and cameraman.

Episode One of the four videos captures a conversation between Edwards and an unseen woman as the two chat aboard a plane about an upcoming speech in Storm Lake, Iowa.

Cutting between clips of the speech and the conversation with the woman, Edwards touches on his standard political themes, declaring that government must do a better job of addressing the great issues of the day, from poverty and education to jobs and the war in Iraq.

"I want to see our party lead on the great moral issues - yes, me a Democrat using that word - the great moral issues that face our country," Edwards tells the crowd. "If we want to live in a moral, honest just America and if we want to live in a moral and just world, we can't wait for somebody else to do it. We have to do it."

Anyone else disgusted with this POS?

Zool
08-08-2008, 03:33 PM
Fucking humans. Whats next? Foot tapping in bathrooms? Preachers sleeping with their secretaries? Priests molesting alterboys? Hell in a handbasket I tell you.

Tyrone Bigguns
08-08-2008, 04:23 PM
No more disgusted with him than i am with the roughly 15-20% of americans who cheat on their spouse.

GoPackGo
08-08-2008, 04:55 PM
No more disgusted with him than i am with the roughly 15-20% of americans who cheat on their spouse.

unlike 15-20% of americans he did his cheating while his wife was fighting for her life. Not to mention he went in public talking about leading by example when it comes to morals.

Edwards tells the crowd. "If we want to live in a moral, honest just America and if we want to live in a moral and just world, we can't wait for somebody else to do it. We have to do it."

:no:

sheepshead
08-08-2008, 05:16 PM
sure, except the guy wanted to be president. If he cant be faithful to his wife, how the heck would he treat us? I also heard he might speak at the DNC. I hope so, like the year they had Jim Carter and Mike Moore doin a hang--classic.

Tyrone Bigguns
08-08-2008, 05:24 PM

unlike 15-20% of americans he did his cheating while his wife was fighting for her life. Not to mention he went in public talking about leading by example when it comes to morals.

Edwards tells the crowd. "If we want to live in a moral, honest just America and if we want to live in a moral and just world, we can't wait for somebody else to do it. We have to do it."

1. Love or sex has a strong grip. Plenty of people cheat on their spouse during trying times..illness, family emergencies, etc.

2. Morals. A pol who is a hypocrite..whoda thunk it.

The morals he was talking about aren't the same type as infidelity. Now, i know you and others may say that is splitting hairs..but, i don't. It would be like the ministers of the south preaching during the 40s and yet not changing the morality regarding the treatment of the black man.

Newt asked for a his divorce while his wife was in the hospital. That doesn't..at least to me...take anything away from his ability to lead.

I can understand if that bothers you..but, sex doesn't bother me in the least.

Stupid..no doubt. But, as woody allan said..the heart wants what the heart wants.

sheepshead
08-08-2008, 05:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AE847UXu3Q

Harlan Huckleby
08-08-2008, 07:40 PM

that sounds more like the percentage that get caught

texaspackerbacker
08-09-2008, 12:10 AM
Like Jay Leno said, the Democrats cancelled the lyin' cheatin' bastard's speech at the convention .......... and replaced him with Bill Clinton :lol: .

sheepshead
08-09-2008, 09:05 AM
Even though the LA Times, New York Times, Chicago Tribune, Washington Post, etc., etc., did their absolute best to protect him, John Edwards, a man who was reputed to be in the running for Barack Obama's VP slot, was battered so heavily by the National Enquirer, the blogosphere, and talk radio that he felt compelled to publicly admit to having an affair,

In an interview for broadcast tonight on Nightline, Edwards told ABC News correspondent Bob Woodruff he did have an affair with 44-year old Rielle Hunter, but said that he did not love her.

Edwards also denied he was the father of Hunter's baby girl, Frances Quinn, although the one-time Democratic Presidential candidate said he has not taken a paternity test.

Edwards said he knew he was not the father based on timing of the baby's birth on February 27, 2008. He said his affair ended too soon for him to have been the father.

A former campaign aide, Andrew Young, has said he was the father of the child.

According to friends of Hunter, Edwards met her at a New York city bar in 2006. His political action committee later paid her $114,000 to produce campaign website documentaries despite her lack of experience.

Edwards said the affair began during the campaign after she was hired. Hunter traveled with Edwards around the country and to Africa.

Edwards said his wife, Elizabeth, and others in his family became aware of the affair in 2006.

Edwards made a point of telling Woodruff that his wife's cancer was in remission when he began the affair with Hunter. Elizabeth Edwards has since been diagnosed with an incurable form of the disease.

Wow, that is just riddled with fascinating little nuggets, isn't it?

First of all, there are two people who got thrown under the bus there (Andrew Young voluntarily got himself into this mess by claiming, probably falsely, to be having an affair with Hunter). One of them is Rielle Hunter, whom Edwards is painting as a whore because she apparently slept with two different married men on the Edwards campaign. Then, even more impressively, there is his cancer stricken wife who he says has known that he has been boffing another women since 2006. Whatever else you might say about Elizabeth Edwards, does she strike you as a mousey "stand by your man" type who knows her man is out cheating on her and says nothing about it? Me? Not so much. However, could I see her letting her wimpy husband claim that publicly so that he could deflect criticism (How can you people get mad at me when Elizabeth has known since 2006 and doesn't mind)? Yeah, that seems more likely.

Then, there is this incredible line,

"Edwards made a point of telling Woodruff that his wife's cancer was in remission when he began the affair with Hunter."

Ok, let's say that's true. Let's also assume this is true,

"Edwards told ABC News correspondent Bob Woodruff he did have an affair with 44-year old Rielle Hunter, but said that he did not love her."

What the heck? Let's even say this is true,

"Edwards said he knew he was not the father based on timing of the baby's birth on February 27, 2008."

So, the affair has long since been over, the baby isn't his, and he doesn't love Rielle Hunter. Ok, that all makes sense...oh, wait a second. If all three of those things are true, why the hell was he meeting her in a hotel room? Just to catch up on old times? Oh, he could have done that over the phone, couldn't he? Well, gee, let's think about this: why does a married man usually have a covert meeting in a hotel room with a woman?

Hmmm...enquiring minds still want to know, but does the mainstream media want to find out?

PS: Once again, this story just proves that if you want to be informed, you've got to read blogs because the mainstream media just isn't going to tell you the whole truth if it hurts "their side."

PS #2: I wonder how dumb they feel at the Daily Kos after banning liberal blogger Lee Stranahan for discussing this?

hoosier
08-09-2008, 12:46 PM
To paraphrase Woody Allen, John Edwards did to Rielle Hunter what W has been doing to the country for the past seven years. :P

sheepshead
08-09-2008, 01:39 PM
As everyone knows, John Edwards admitted yesterday to carrying on an adulterous relationship with a "documentary film maker" while his wife was battling cancer. Yes, we know, as we've known since 1992, that EVERYONE commits adultery but the bar of decency and common sense while engaging in adultery has certainly been lowered in the past 24 hours. You can step right across it now.

Part of the reason for Edwards to admitting to the affair, other than being caught by a slew of National Enquirer reporters while sneaking into a hotel to visit his former paramour and her child allegedly by an Edwards staffer (as Ace said yesterday, this woman was apparently passed around like a bong at a Phish concert) was that "clearing this up" was the price for an Edwards role at the Democrat convention.

Well, not so fast.

Barack Obama was quick to demonstrate that there is always room for one more under the bus. This by way of Jake Tapper:

“If I'm not mistaken, I think that they already indicated, the Edwards family indicated that they probably wouldn't be attending the convention," Obama said, per ABC News' Sunlen Miller. "I understand that. This is a difficult and painful time to them. And I think they need to work through that process of healing. My sense is that that’s going to be their top priority.

"John Edwards was a great champion of working people during the course of his campaign," Obama continued. "Many of his themes are ones that Democrats as a whole share. Those will be amplified in the convention, and I wish them all well. “

texaspackerbacker
08-09-2008, 01:47 PM
To paraphrase Woody Allen, John Edwards did to Rielle Hunter what W has been doing to the country for the past seven years. :P

So, Hoosier, I guess you and Woody Allen were in the bedroom with them?

How else would you know that he KEPT HER ON TOP? :lol:

Who was on top with you and Woody?

Tyrone Bigguns
08-09-2008, 03:32 PM

That figure is from studies...course, i'm sure that it is a bit under reported.

Harlan Huckleby
08-09-2008, 03:37 PM

how did you conduct your study? Is that the percentage of married women you scored with?

Tyrone Bigguns
08-09-2008, 03:49 PM

how did you conduct your study? Is that the percentage of married women you scored with?

No, i dont' need to score with them..if they merely talk with me i know they are "good to go."

Dirty sluts.

Harlan Huckleby
08-09-2008, 09:27 PM
I have a similar system. If a woman smiles at or near me, I know she wants me. When they run off, that's just the old hard-to-get game, and I oblige them by chasing. Unfortunately, my wind isn't what it used to be, they usually get away.

texaspackerbacker
08-10-2008, 01:05 AM
Do ya know who the REAL victim of a lyin' cheatin' philanderer is in this situation--AGAIN? You got it. The love of Harlan's life, HILLARY!

Arguably, Hillary would have beat Obama easily in a two horse race in the early primaries. And that is exactly what they would have had if the leftist media hadn't covered up the scandal of Edwards.

sheepshead
08-10-2008, 08:55 AM
Do ya know who the REAL victim of a lyin' cheatin' philanderer is in this situation--AGAIN? You got it. The love of Harlan's life, HILLARY!

Arguably, Hillary would have beat Obama easily in a two horse race in the early primaries. And that is exactly what they would have had if the leftist media hadn't covered up the scandal of Edwards.

Yup, Ol' Hil takes in the pantsuit from another womanizing politician.

bobblehead
08-10-2008, 09:45 AM

1. Love or sex has a strong grip. Plenty of people cheat on their spouse during trying times..illness, family emergencies, etc.

2. Morals. A pol who is a hypocrite..whoda thunk it.

The morals he was talking about aren't the same type as infidelity. Now, i know you and others may say that is splitting hairs..but, i don't. It would be like the ministers of the south preaching during the 40s and yet not changing the morality regarding the treatment of the black man.

Newt asked for a his divorce while his wife was in the hospital. That doesn't..at least to me...take anything away from his ability to lead.

I can understand if that bothers you..but, sex doesn't bother me in the least.

Stupid..no doubt. But, as woody allan said..the heart wants what the heart wants.

Hmmmm....I seem to be agreeing with you a lot lately. Gonna have to up my meds. Except for the woody allan thing...It wasn't what his HEART wanted that got him in trouble. But dudes cheat...we usually ain't proud of it. I stayed single til I was mid 30's because I knew I couldn't keep it in my pants...but at least I was honest about it. Even when people were piling on clinton I had to laugh. I would guesstimate that 50% of politicians mess around, and that is a campaign issue that transcends party, or ideology.

falco
08-10-2008, 10:30 AM

So, Hoosier, I guess you and Woody Allen were in the bedroom with them?

How else would you know that he KEPT HER ON TOP? :lol:

Who was on top with you and Woody?

:lol:

texaspackerbacker
08-10-2008, 10:36 AM
But, as woody allan said..the heart wants what the heart wants

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess Ol' Woody means like a not-all-that-hot Oriental step-daughter.

It's true, though, sexual cheating transcends the political spectrum, and most of us need to be careful about casting stones.

The REAL ISSUE here, though, is the sinister leftist media and its double standard of covering up and/or diminishing the significance of leftist philanderers and perverts, while exploiting and over-covering Republican/conservatives with similar or lesser scandals.

falco
08-10-2008, 10:38 AM

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's true, though, sexual cheating transcends the political spectrum, and most of us need to be careful about casting stones.

The REAL ISSUE here, though, is the sinister leftist media and its double standard of covering up and/or diminishing the significance of leftist philanderers and perverts, while exploiting and over-covering Republican/conservatives with similar or lesser scandals.

:lol:

bobblehead
08-10-2008, 05:16 PM

I disagree...the media loves to see the mighty fall. A spitzer is commonly known as being outted for banging whores now. they will go after anyone that gets them headlines and this too transcends party affiliation....jmo.

Tyrone Bigguns
08-10-2008, 05:27 PM
Who is this spitzer you refer to? I don't recall ANY media coverage about it.

Can't seem to recall any for Gary Hart either.

Damn the media! :roll:

Harlan Huckleby
08-10-2008, 09:28 PM
I think the Edwards sexual romp carries particular poignancy. Edwards has this angelic presentation, he's sort of a holy roller of liberal causes. And frankly, part of his allure is that he is prettier than his wife, and she is probably smarter. I think women are attracted to this arrangement, finally the smart, average-looking gal gets the Alpha Male based on her intellect and character.

But no, Edwards went out and got himself some strange. A bit younger and prettier than the old model. He ain't nothin but a hound dog, like most XYs.

Kiwon
08-10-2008, 09:39 PM

Barack Obama's spiritual mentor's quote is more applicable...

“Hillary is married to Bill, and Bill has been good to us. No he ain’t! Bill did us, just like he did Monica Lewinsky. He was riding dirty.” -
Rev. Jeremiah Wright, Obama's pastor for 20 years, the man that officiated his marriage, the man that baptized his two children, the man that inspired Obama to the extent that he took Rev. Wright's sermon title and used it for the title of his book, the man who Obama patterns his speaking style after, the man who mentored Obama for 20 of his 47 years.

Yep, "US of 'KKK' A" Rev. Jeremiah Wright's quote more precisely characterizes the actions and hypocrisy of John Edwards.

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2007/03/06/us/06obama.jpg

bobblehead
08-10-2008, 10:56 PM
I think the Edwards sexual romp carries particular poignancy. Edwards has this angelic presentation, he's sort of a holy roller of liberal causes. And frankly, part of his allure is that he is prettier than his wife, and she is probably smarter. I think women are attracted to this arrangement, finally the smart, average-looking gal gets the Alpha Male based on her intellect and character.

But no, Edwards went out and got himself some strange. A bit younger and prettier than the old model. He ain't nothin but a hound dog, like most XYs.

I know john edwards...and john edwards is no alpha male (but he does get mombo tail so he's still cool with his beta act)

Kiwon
08-11-2008, 03:27 AM
Yeah, John Edwards is the epitome of masculinity.

http://580wdbo.com/images/photos/edwards.jpg

The Leaper
08-11-2008, 08:34 AM
John Edwards is a douche...and that is being unfair to any self-respecting douche.

I don't care if this kind of behavior is almost expected these days in Washington...that hardly is reason to excuse it or overlook it as Ty suggests. That is EXACTLY the kind of mentality that will allow us to continue to elect these kind of pompeous jackasses into office.

GoPackGo
08-11-2008, 10:22 AM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/2534983/John-Edwards-former-mistress-Rielle-Hunter-rules-out-paternity-test.html

What would the mistress have to lose by getting a paternity test?
If she gets one, and it's Edwards kid, she'll be getting a huge chunk of child support.
Q: Why would she pass that up?
A: She was already getting paid a chunk of change to go live in a mansion in California and wait until the Edwards wife dies so she can be the new Mrs. Edwards. The woman is crazy!

texaspackerbacker
08-11-2008, 12:17 PM

I disagree...the media loves to see the mighty fall. A spitzer is commonly known as being outted for banging whores now. they will go after anyone that gets them headlines and this too transcends party affiliation....jmo.

The difference is that they only pile on to save their shred of credibility when the situation is abolutely hopeless and obvious if its a left winger--like Clinton, Spitzer, Hart, etc. whereas they are leading the pack of wolves long before there is even any evidence when it's a conservative--example: the NY Times witch hunt about McCain cheating. They cover up and try everything they can to deny and mitigate the leftist scandals--as with the sham Purple Hearts that got Kerry out of Vietnam, as brought out by the Swiftboaters, and all of the crap about close associates of Obama.

MadScientist
08-12-2008, 03:26 PM
sure, except the guy wanted to be president. If he cant be faithful to his wife, how the heck would he treat us? I also heard he might speak at the DNC. I hope so, like the year they had Jim Carter and Mike Moore doin a hang--classic.

So who are you going to vote for? You've just said McSame can't be trusted. It's well documented that he screwed around on his disabled wife before dumping her for a beer heiress.

If you're voting on the guy without affairs, you gotta go with O.

Tyrone Bigguns
08-12-2008, 03:28 PM
The difference is that they only pile on to save their shred of credibility when the situation is abolutely hopeless and obvious if its a left winger--like Clinton, Spitzer, Hart, etc. whereas they are leading the pack of wolves long before there is even any evidence when it's a conservative--example: the NY Times witch hunt about McCain cheating. They cover up and try everything they can to deny and mitigate the leftist scandals--as with the sham Purple Hearts that got Kerry out of Vietnam, as brought out by the Swiftboaters, and all of the crap about close associates of Obama.

Really, i seem to recall the press jumping all over clinton's bimbo eruptions well before it was absolutely hopeless and obvious.

It is just too easy. :roll:

mraynrand
08-12-2008, 06:10 PM
I'd probably go with the less we know about private sex lives, the better. Honestly, I'd rather not know about toe tappin' Larry Craig or JFK using the secret service as an escort service, J Edgar Hoover cavorting in dresses, etc. Probably too late to put that genie back in the bottle. Now I gotta look at that Miley Cyrus on the Star or Enquirer every time I check out groceries. Libs deserve some heat for pushing the envelope of acceptability and conservatives deserve some heat for holier than thou attitudes that make 'em look like total hypocrites when they get busted. Now with Edwards in this particular situation, there is an issue with campaign finance laws too - as with Clinton there was the obs. of justice and perjury - or like Rudy G using public funds to drive around the mistress. That's fair game, but ya gotta leave the personal sex crap out of it, if possible. Hard to draw that line, I guess.

Freak Out
08-12-2008, 06:23 PM
http://trendwatching.com/img/briefing/2008-03/freelove.jpg

Free Love!

texaspackerbacker
08-13-2008, 02:04 AM
The difference is that they only pile on to save their shred of credibility when the situation is absolutely hopeless and obvious if its a left winger--like Clinton, Spitzer, Hart, etc. whereas they are leading the pack of wolves long before there is even any evidence when it's a conservative--example: the NY Times witch hunt about McCain cheating. They cover up and try everything they can to deny and mitigate the leftist scandals--as with the sham Purple Hearts that got Kerry out of Vietnam, as brought out by the Swiftboaters, and all of the crap about close associates of Obama.

Really, i seem to recall the press jumping all over clinton's bimbo eruptions well before it was absolutely hopeless and obvious.

As I said ...... "The difference is that they only pile on to save their shred of credibility when the situation is absolutely hopeless and obvious if its a left winger--like Clinton ......".

I saw a tabloid headline the other day that an Obama divorce is coming soon. If this prospect was about a Republican, you just know the NY Times and the rest of the leftist mainstream media would be all over it.

MadScientist
08-13-2008, 09:54 AM
The difference is that they only pile on to save their shred of credibility when the situation is absolutely hopeless and obvious if its a left winger--like Clinton, Spitzer, Hart, etc. whereas they are leading the pack of wolves long before there is even any evidence when it's a conservative--example: the NY Times witch hunt about McCain cheating. They cover up and try everything they can to deny and mitigate the leftist scandals--as with the sham Purple Hearts that got Kerry out of Vietnam, as brought out by the Swiftboaters, and all of the crap about close associates of Obama.

As I said ...... "The difference is that they only pile on to save their shred of credibility when the situation is absolutely hopeless and obvious if its a left winger--like Clinton ......".

I saw a tabloid headline the other day that an Obama divorce is coming soon. If this prospect was about a Republican, you just know the NY Times and the rest of the leftist mainstream media would be all over it.

The tabloids have been saying W and Laura are splitting up as soon as dimwit is out of office, and W has been dicking Condi for some time. I don't recall the NY Times running with any of that.

The Leaper
08-13-2008, 10:41 AM
That's fair game, but ya gotta leave the personal sex crap out of it, if possible. Hard to draw that line, I guess.

I see your point. IMO, it isn't so much the SEX that is the issue here...but the COVERUP. The cheating is one level of dishonesty...then the coverup is another level.

When you are running for the most powerful position in the nation, I think it is fair that just about everything is on the table in relation to your honesty and trustworthiness.

Deputy Nutz
08-13-2008, 01:58 PM
John Edwards is a douche...and that is being unfair to any self-respecting douche.

I don't care if this kind of behavior is almost expected these days in Washington...that hardly is reason to excuse it or overlook it as Ty suggests. That is EXACTLY the kind of mentality that will allow us to continue to elect these kind of pompeous jackasses into office.

I agree, if your wife is all messed up from cancer and the treatment and isn't available for sex, and you just can't stand blowing another wad into puff's tissue, then at least fuck a prositute. Then we can all simply assume he just wanted a piece of ass to deposit his boy butter on. Instead he fucked an aide, or whatever she calls herself. relationship, sex, leads me to believe it was a little more than just sex, he was two timing his dying wife.

Fuck politics, if this was your buddy you would punch him in the face for being an asshole.

Tyrone Bigguns
08-13-2008, 02:57 PM

Are you that dim? The press most certainly was piling on clinton and searching for bimbos...or do you think the clintons wanted to go on 60 minutes and talk about his indiscretions.

Tyrone Bigguns
08-13-2008, 03:00 PM
That's fair game, but ya gotta leave the personal sex crap out of it, if possible. Hard to draw that line, I guess.

I see your point. IMO, it isn't so much the SEX that is the issue here...but the COVERUP. The cheating is one level of dishonesty...then the coverup is another level.

When you are running for the most powerful position in the nation, I think it is fair that just about everything is on the table in relation to your honesty and trustworthiness.

If the cheating involves some sorta thing that relates to campaign finance or laws broken..that is fair game.

But, covering up an affair? C'mon..that is basic human nature. He could have done that to protect himself or to protect his wife from the hurt (of course not cheating woulda done that as well).

Men and women cheat. Pols cheat. That is life.

And, if we are going to look at their trustworthiness...then i guess we can only keep obama since we KNOW mccain cheated. We also know his wife abused prescription drugs..and we are pretty sure Mccain helped cover it up.

texaspackerbacker
08-13-2008, 03:41 PM

Are you that dim? The press most certainly was piling on clinton and searching for bimbos...or do you think the clintons wanted to go on 60 minutes and talk about his indiscretions.

Tyrone, you dipshit, not only did the leftist mainstream media only jump on the bandwagon when it was dead obvious that there was a veritable plethora of Clinton bimbos. They did their level best to discredit and make life miserable for the women, as well actually to try and paint Clinton as a victim of his accusers or at least as someone who was good naturedly and forgiveably compulsive.

Also, giving coverage to the sex aspect tended to minimize the more sinister and downright criminal lying about it--including under oath.

Also, Clinton had three distinct categories of scandalous behavior: sexual, financial, and political.

Grudgingly joining in and acknowledging the obvious philandering allowed them to ignore or cover up the more serious stuff--nuclear applicable computer technology to China in return for campaign financing, giving the anthracite coal monopoly to Indonesia--again in return for campaign financing, the suspicious death of Ron Brown, the criminal indictment of literally more than half of his cabinet, etc.

On top of everything else, the bit of coverage given to a few of the many Clinton sex scandals allowed the leftist media to carry the "moral equivalence" scenario to a ridiculous extent both in quantity and quality with regard to Republican misdeeds, in comparison to Clinton. .

Scott Campbell
08-13-2008, 03:51 PM
I don't condone this horse shit from either party. Neither the act itself, or any of the political exploitation of the unfortunate outcome.

Tyrone Bigguns
08-13-2008, 03:58 PM

Tyrone, you dipshit, not only did the leftist mainstream media only jump on the bandwagon when it was dead obvious that there was a veritable plethora of Clinton bimbos. They did their level best to discredit and make life miserable for the women, as well actually to try and paint Clinton as a victim of his accusers or at least as someone who was good naturedly and forgiveably compulsive.

Also, giving coverage to the sex aspect tended to minimize the more sinister and downright criminal lying about it--including under oath.

Also, Clinton had three distinct categories of scandalous behavior: sexual, financial, and political.

Grudgingly joining in and acknowledging the obvious philandering allowed them to ignore or cover up the more serious stuff--nuclear applicable computer technology to China in return for campaign financing, giving the anthracite coal monopoly to Indonesia--again in return for campaign financing, the suspicious death of Ron Brown, the criminal indictment of literally more than half of his cabinet, etc.

On top of everything else, the bit of coverage given to a few of the many Clinton sex scandals allowed the leftist media to carry the "moral equivalence" scenario to a ridiculous extent both in quantity and quality with regard to Republican misdeeds, in comparison to Clinton. .

You are as always changing your tune. You stated that they did it when, "when the situation is absolutely hopeless and obvious."

Quite clearly, the bimbo eruptions were prior to clinton being elected. Quite clearly the situation was far from hopeless and obvious.

the rest of the stuff you bring up isn't relevant..it is a different timeframe.

Too easy.

Tyrone Bigguns
08-13-2008, 03:59 PM
I don't condone this horse shit from either party. Neither the act itself, or any of the political exploitation of the unfortunate outcome.

Agreed.

mraynrand
08-13-2008, 04:46 PM
The press most certainly was piling on clinton and searching for bimbos...or do you think the clintons wanted to go on 60 minutes and talk about his indiscretions.

I have to say that I actually think Bill liked it. I think he enjoys attention - good and bad.

Tyrone Bigguns
08-13-2008, 04:50 PM
The press most certainly was piling on clinton and searching for bimbos...or do you think the clintons wanted to go on 60 minutes and talk about his indiscretions.

I have to say that I actually think Bill liked it. I think he enjoys attention - good and bad.

That is a wholely separate issue.

Bill may have...but, you and every man that has been married knows that HC didn't.

Kiwon
08-13-2008, 08:25 PM

Bill may have...but, you and every man that has been married knows that HC didn't.

Revisionist BS.

Hillary knew about most of Bill's affairs (and certainly his character and past history) and the champion feminist looked the other way and kept silent. She was not going to do anything, including following through on her feminist rhetoric, to jeopardize her political future and a chance at becoming the first female POTUS.

People that aid and abet criminal acts, such as attempted rape, usually don't like the media glare.

The MSM was more than willing to accommodate the Clintons in every way.

Bigguns, name the time(s) when the MSM had an adversarial relationship with the Clintons 1992-2000.

Tyrone Bigguns
08-13-2008, 08:45 PM

Revisionist BS.

Hillary knew about most of Bill's affairs (and certainly his character and past history) and the champion feminist looked the other way and kept silent. She was not going to do anything, including following through on her feminist rhetoric, to jeopardize her political future and a chance at becoming the first female POTUS.

People that aid and abet criminal acts, such as attempted rape, usually don't like the media glare.

The MSM was more than willing to accommodate the Clintons in every way.

Bigguns, name the time(s) when the MSM had an adversarial relationship with the Clintons 1992-2000.

What is revisionist? You are saying she enjoyed the media attention?

Try and follow along.

As for what she knew...if you don't have proof, don't act like you know. Many women stay with cheating spouses for many reasons. And, to think she stayed at that juncture..without any prior public office because she wanted to be prez..is beyond ridiculous.

But, how is staying with a cheating spouse going to help her? Prior to his election he had hardly been a national figure. And, staying with her "man" doesn't give feminist voters the warm and fuzzies.

You just come across as another limbaugh acolyte. Try thinking for yourself sometime.

MSM: Again, who said anything about adversarial. But, perhaps i should take page from your playbook...go look it up. Why should i do the work. :roll:

You love to switch the argument. The issue was the MSM covering sex scandals as defined by Tex. The msm was all over them prior to his election. The proof is in the pudding...they wouldn't have gone on 60 minutes if the scrutiny hadn't been so intense.

What is for sure is the MSM loves conserv/repub scandals because they pull out the moral/family values issue...everybody loves watching a hypocrite go down.

You love to do that with Gore and his non enviro policies..yet, i don't see you posting other green advocates blunders.

The dems don't put that out as a major platform. Hence, when Newt, craig, the florida pedo get caught..you guys scream about the coverage.

falco
08-13-2008, 08:55 PM
this kind of shit occurs across party lines

lots of hypocrites on both sides

Tyrone Bigguns
08-13-2008, 09:04 PM
this kind of shit occurs across party lines

lots of hypocrites on both sides

Yes, men cheat regardless of political stances.

BallHawk
08-13-2008, 09:07 PM
Any chance in hell Edwards still gets Attorney General if Obama gets elected? He was almost a lock to get it before this, any chance he still sneaks in and regains some credibility?

Harlan Huckleby
08-13-2008, 09:59 PM
Edwards seems like a total fake job. I think his self-analysis came off as smarmy. I think he is as done as Elliot Spitzer.

HowardRoark
08-13-2008, 10:10 PM
Schadenfreude!!!

Kiwon
08-14-2008, 12:21 AM
What is for sure is the MSM loves conserv/repub scandals because they pull out the moral/family values issue...

1. So you admit that the MSM is largely hostile toward "conserv/repub" issues?

...everybody loves watching a hypocrite go down.

2. My problem with this phrase is how subjectively "hypocrite" is defined. On a personal level, it's inconsequential. However, absent the presence of the new media, academia and the MSM are left to not only inform but indoctrinate with impunity on what constitutes hypocrisy.

I know you probably don't agree, but in the real world liberals are only truly liberally-minded when others agree with their positions. True freedom of thought isn't permitted or even encouraged.

It's ironic that the most intolerant people among us are those screaming for diversity and tolerance. And that's the Left.

bobblehead
08-14-2008, 01:27 AM
All men are hypocrites...except gay men. we all think lesbianism is cool, or a three way with two hot chics, but try and get any of us to watch male gay porn or do a threeway with a hottie and another man....don't wanna speak for all of you, but I'm a hypocrit on this stuff.

texaspackerbacker
08-14-2008, 12:47 PM

You are as always changing your tune. You stated that they did it when, "when the situation is absolutely hopeless and obvious."

Quite clearly, the bimbo eruptions were prior to clinton being elected. Quite clearly the situation was far from hopeless and obvious.

the rest of the stuff you bring up isn't relevant..it is a different timeframe.

Too easy.

Changing what tune? Hell yeah, the leftist media only joined in when it became "hopeless and obvious", and your own line just proves that. The mitigation that the leftist media tried unsuccessfully to pull off was exactly what you said--that Clinton's bimbo eruptions were BEFORE he was elected president. A cum-stained blue dress, however, made that tactic "hopeless and obvious".

The facts are all against you, Tyrone, and repeating the worn out leftist line, as you love to do, ain't enough to counter those facts.

I see you, also like the leftist media, avoided discussing the other more serious categories of Clinton scandals, the political and financial. You seem to be deviating from the leftist line slightly, though, Tyrone. You're supposed to be saying something like, "Oh, all that sex stuff is not worth complaining about anyway". That would be true to a great extent ....... it's just the cover-up and lying under oath that is worthy of discussion.

mngolf19
08-14-2008, 01:09 PM
A politician that lies, cmon. :lol: And that goes for both sides. Not that the "liberal" media mentioned this much when Newt got caught. Must have been a "liberal" conspiracy. :roll:

Tyrone Bigguns
08-14-2008, 03:06 PM
Changing what tune? Hell yeah, the leftist media only joined in when it became "hopeless and obvious", and your own line just proves that. The mitigation that the leftist media tried unsuccessfully to pull off was exactly what you said--that Clinton's bimbo eruptions were BEFORE he was elected president. A cum-stained blue dress, however, made that tactic "hopeless and obvious".

The facts are all against you, Tyrone, and repeating the worn out leftist line, as you love to do, ain't enough to counter those facts.

I see you, also like the leftist media, avoided discussing the other more serious categories of Clinton scandals, the political and financial. You seem to be deviating from the leftist line slightly, though, Tyrone. You're supposed to be saying something like, "Oh, all that sex stuff is not worth complaining about anyway". That would be true to a great extent ....... it's just the cover-up and lying under oath that is worthy of discussion.

dude, you just aren't even close with the facts. The MSM was all over clinton prior to his election. Or was Gennifer Flowers and Paula whats her name and all the other chicks that were in the papers part of my imagination.

The clintons went on 60 minutes because this was a big issue. face that fact, you dipshit. You dont' go on a national news magazine and talk about your marriage unless you have to...my god, are you that dense?

You stated that the MSM only goes after things when it is hopeless..well, the mSM was certainly after clinton in the year preceding his election..and it was far from hopeless. The msm was there to cover gary hart and ruin a potential run for prez...long before it was hopeless. Stop being blind.

mraynrand
08-14-2008, 07:34 PM

That's why I said Bill, and didn't include Hillary. She was furious at Bill - but not so much for the fooling around (she knew that he was a serial philanderer), but for the stupidity of carrying on in the Oval office, lying under oath, obs of justice, etc. (in other words, for making a political miscalculation).

Tyrone Bigguns
08-14-2008, 08:11 PM

That's why I said Bill, and didn't include Hillary. She was furious at Bill - but not so much for the fooling around (she knew that he was a serial philanderer), but for the stupidity of carrying on in the Oval office, lying under oath, obs of justice, etc. (in other words, for making a political miscalculation).

I thought you were referring to prior to the election..which has been the point...that the MSM actively went after clinton long before it was hopeless.

You switched..the 60 minutes was prior...you are now talking about after.

mraynrand
08-14-2008, 08:16 PM

I thought you were referring to prior to the election..which has been the point...that the MSM actively went after clinton long before it was hopeless.

You switched..the 60 minutes was prior...you are now talking about after.

I may have a completely different 60 minutes appearance in mind. I'm going way back. Plus, this thread is about Edwards. I'll step aside.

texaspackerbacker
08-14-2008, 10:52 PM

I see you, also like the leftist media, avoided discussing the other more serious categories of Clinton scandals, the political and financial. You seem to be deviating from the leftist line slightly, though, Tyrone. You're supposed to be saying something like, "Oh, all that sex stuff is not worthcomplaining about anyway". That would be true to a great extent ....... it's just the cover-up and lying under oath that is worthy of discussion.

dude, you just aren't even close with the facts. The MSM was all over clinton prior to his election. Or was Gennifer Flowers and Paula whats her name and all the other chicks that were in the papers part of my imagination.

The clintons went on 60 minutes because this was a big issue. face that fact, you dipshit. You dont' go on a national news magazine and talk about your marriage unless you have to...my god, are you that dense?

You stated that the MSM only goes after things when it is hopeless..well, the mSM was certainly after clinton in the year preceding his election..and it was far from hopeless. The msm was there to cover gary hart and ruin a potential run for prez...long before it was hopeless. Stop being blind.

Tyrone, you half-assed fool, What YOU claimed and I responded to was the same bogus shit that the leftist media tried to pass off--that Clinton's bimbo eruptions were confined to the time before he became president.

A little matter of physical evidence--the cum-stained blue dress, however, belied that crap--yet you, disingenuous imbecile that you are, continue to spew it.

And you STILL don't seem to have the balls to discuss the more serious scandals of Clinton and his cabinet--the financial and political/security scandals, not to mention the distinct possibility of actual murder in the case of Foster and Brown. I wonder what role the Arkansas mafia and the Clintons had in this killing yesterday of the head of the Arkansas Dem Party.

Tyrone Bigguns
08-15-2008, 04:08 PM

I see you, also like the leftist media, avoided discussing the other more serious categories of Clinton scandals, the political and financial. You seem to be deviating from the leftist line slightly, though, Tyrone. You're supposed to be saying something like, "Oh, all that sex stuff is not worthcomplaining about anyway". That would be true to a great extent ....... it's just the cover-up and lying under oath that is worthy of discussion.

Tyrone, you half-assed fool, What YOU claimed and I responded to was the same bogus shit that the leftist media tried to pass off--that Clinton's bimbo eruptions were confined to the time before he became president.

A little matter of physical evidence--the cum-stained blue dress, however, belied that crap--yet you, disingenuous imbecile that you are, continue to spew it.

And you STILL don't seem to have the balls to discuss the more serious scandals of Clinton and his cabinet--the financial and political/security scandals, not to mention the distinct possibility of actual murder in the case of Foster and Brown. I wonder what role the Arkansas mafia and the Clintons had in this killing yesterday of the head of the Arkansas Dem Party.

My god, you are dense. I have never talked about or denied anything regarding clinton and what happened in his presidency.

Your statement was that the press only goes after liberals when it is hopeless..which i have proven categorically wrong. They were all over clinton prior to winning...and that wasn't hopeless. They were all over hart..and that was far from hopeless.

You can't even stay on your own topic. LOL

You are now switching to other clinton "scandals." Sorry, but i wasn't here to discuss that..just your asinine position on how the press operates.

P.S. Stop living in the past...or are you going to be so open about Bush's scandals in the near future?