PDA

View Full Version : The Bucs offered the Packers.... a pick and a player.

packers11
08-08-2008, 04:33 PM
www.rotoworld.com

The Bucs reportedly offered Green Bay their fourth-round pick in 2010 and Chris Simms for Brett Favre before Favre was ultimately sent to the Jets.

Green Bay only would've gotten the pick if Favre played in Tampa for two years, so it's pretty clear why the Packers passed. The Jets' offer blew the Bucs' out of the water. Green Bay could still end up with Simms if he's cut.

Source: Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel

MTPackerfan
08-08-2008, 04:38 PM
real nice offer. Didn't the Bucs owner say they didn't make an offer?

Jimx29
08-09-2008, 12:58 AM
real nice offer. Didn't the Bucs owner say they didn't make an offer?my neighbors daughters brother-in-laws father reported that his inside sources thought that was true.

SnakeLH2006
08-09-2008, 01:10 AM
real nice offer. Didn't the Bucs owner say they didn't make an offer?my neighbors daughters brother-in-laws father reported that his inside sources thought that was true.

Yes, but your neighbor's daughter's brother-in-law's dad told my ex-fiancee's sister's neice's babysitter's car mechanic's former high school's english teacher's wife's bowling team's manager's husband's boss's secretary's sister's cable repairman's son's football assistant's girlfriend's brother's parole officer's boss's friend in the CIA's chief of state's head of Dept. of Defense's President of the United States of America's lawn cutter that the whole deal hinged on Brett's willingness to pose for pictures with Vinny Testaverde in a who's who of Buc's QB's in the latest Tampa Bay NFL Weekly. :lol:

SnakeLH2006
08-09-2008, 01:16 AM

Yes, but your neighbor's daughter's brother-in-law's dad told my ex-fiancee's sister's neice's babysitter's car mechanic's former high school's english teacher's wife's bowling team's manager's husband's boss's secretary's sister's cable repairman's son's football assistant's girlfriend's brother's parole officer's boss's friend in the CIA's chief of state's head of Dept. of Defense's President of the United States of America's lawn cutter that the whole deal hinged on Brett's willingness to pose for pictures with Vinny Testaverde in a who's who of Buc's QB's in the latest Tampa Bay NFL Weekly. :lol:

Sorry that was long-worded....to sum it up my buddy who cuts lawn for George Bush got a text from Ed Werder from ESPN (guess he's been bored and worried about job security at ESPN lately with the Favre saga coming to an end) about that. :lol: