PDA

View Full Version : Regrets?

packinpatland
08-08-2008, 08:26 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8428296/NFL-Decision-'08:-Will-Packers-regret-trading-Favre?

Harlan Huckleby
08-08-2008, 08:44 PM
that article says Rodgers is 27, but he's only 24.

Anyway, I don't think the Packers have taken a very big risk. Favre is going to be 39 next month, that is really ancient. The chances of him sliding into serious decline are high.

The risk is short-term fan anger. Which could mean bodily injury to Ted Thompson, I suppose, but he's not going to get fired if Rodgers sucks. It just means the franchise will avoid signing him to a long term deal. Better to test him now.

packinpatland
08-08-2008, 08:50 PM
I was looking at the poll................Favre's favor by 2 to 1

Lurker64
08-08-2008, 09:01 PM
You wouldn't expect non-Packer fans to actually bother to understand the team's perspective, so it's not surprising that Favre is winning the poll.

What Jennings said a few weeks ago is sort of telling, that Favre gets credit for every good thing about this franchise whether he was responsible for it or not, and that's sort of unfair to all the other guys. But really, the only player in Green Bay the national media had any interest in talking about was Favre, so he's the only thing about the Packers most of the country knows.

packinpatland
08-08-2008, 09:07 PM
How is Favre any different than any other QB? Here in NE.......it's 'Tom Brady'... and the Patriots.
And for the record, from my perspective, Jennings had alot of *** saying something like that.

The Shadow
08-08-2008, 09:48 PM
PFW poll : Do you agree with Packer management trading Brett Favre :
70% agree.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/Poll+Results/default.htm?repeatvote=true

oregonpackfan
08-09-2008, 12:14 AM
Regrets? Favre's departure is like a divorce--full of many different feelings, including regret.

SnakeLH2006
08-09-2008, 12:41 AM
Regrets? Favre's departure is like a divorce--full of many different feelings, including regret.

Sounds like Brett misses the sex with a hottie (playing/winning on Sundays with a great team) vs. starting over with an unproven team but kind of exciting regardless (decent girl, maybe she will do things he couldn't make the hottie do). LOL :oops:

Jimx29
08-09-2008, 12:54 AM
Regrets, Ive had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.