PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for better topics

Fosco33
08-08-2008, 08:58 PM
Brett Favre is gone. About half the topics of these 300+ pages deal in someway, shape or form about him... 90% of the topics in the last month deal with him!

How about these types of threads? :idea:

1. Game by game predictions
2. Toughest stretch of games/opponents
3. Biggest impact by 1st year starter or rookie
4. Game your most looking forward to watching
5. Position by position - strenghts, weaknesses, opportunities
6. Players on the chopping block
7. Possible pickups from players cut from other teams
8. Training camp reports (by GB locals)

Post your own ideas or start a topic if you have relevant thoughts on the above.

Let's put the 'Packer' back in PackerRats

Chevelle2
08-08-2008, 09:08 PM
I got one...ill post it

Joemailman
08-08-2008, 09:52 PM
I got one. How about currently active former Packers with the best shot at Hall Of Fame?

MJZiggy
08-08-2008, 09:55 PM
I got one. How about currently active former Packers with the best shot at Hall Of Fame?

Why would you wanna talk about Bubba Franks? :P 8-) :oops:

Joemailman
08-08-2008, 09:58 PM
Actually, I was thinking Robert Ferguson.

MJZiggy
08-08-2008, 10:01 PM
Ahmad Carroll? Sure fire baby!! First player ever inducted in the oven mitts category. They'll have them bronzed to sit behind his bust. Speaking of busts...

Guiness
08-08-2008, 10:02 PM

http://n8tip.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/jackass.jpg
(yes, that's a jackass)

LEWCWA
08-08-2008, 10:26 PM
Guess what Favre will be a huge topic here for the whole season.

Lurker64
08-08-2008, 10:54 PM
Guess what Favre will be a huge topic here for the whole season.

I certainly hope not. Can we get a separate "New York Favres" board for those of you who want to discuss the Jets?

SnakeLH2006
08-09-2008, 02:49 AM
Brett Favre is gone. About half the topics of these 300+ pages deal in someway, shape or form about him... 90% of the topics in the last month deal with him!

How about these types of threads? :idea:

1. Game by game predictions
2. Toughest stretch of games/opponents
3. Biggest impact by 1st year starter or rookie
4. Game your most looking forward to watching
5. Position by position - strenghts, weaknesses, opportunities
6. Players on the chopping block
7. Possible pickups from players cut from other teams
8. Training camp reports (by GB locals)

Post your own ideas or start a topic if you have relevant thoughts on the above.

Let's put the 'Packer' back in PackerRats

This may all be true, but keep in mind that in the wake (2-3 days before he was traded to the day he was traded) of it all, there were mad postings/logins/over 3 pages of new topics a day (yea, mostly Brett/management thing) during that time and see it has really slowed down in the past day or two. I'm all about "real Packer football" but Brett is a part of our past and current mindset, so I doubt that changes.

LL2
08-09-2008, 07:08 AM
One topic I will be following is how well Grant and Jackson do this year. Will Grant follow up last year with a 1200+ yard season? Jackson looks pretty good, will he have a break out year? We need a good running game this year and need it to start the first game. I love to see a season of over 2,000 yards running like the Packers had a few years ago with Ahman Green. I believe the team avg over 150 yards a game and were top 3 in the league, and that wasn't even one of Favre's better years.