PDA

View Full Version : Vonnie Holliday "a force" in Miami, may play OLB

motife
08-08-2008, 09:50 PM
From PFW :

Vonnie Holliday has been among the more inspiring players in Dolphins camp. Holliday has be a force on the defensive line but has been earning reps at outside linebacker too, where he's flourishing.

Holliday is not happy about Favre being traded to the Jets. The Jets season opener is in Miami :

http://www.floridatoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080808/SPORTS/808080344/1002/SPORTS

Favre's debut as the Jets quarterback is expected to come Sept. 7, when New York visits Miami in the season opener.

"A lot of people are going to watch that game to see how Brett Favre does with the Jets," Crowder said. "I think that just gives us the opportunity to go out there and be the spoilers and ruin his debut with a new team and show people we're a new team this season. Coming off the bad season last year, (we can) show them that we're coming out to play ball and go beat up on the great Brett Favre."

Defensive end Vonnie Holliday, who spent his first five NFL seasons with Favre in Green Bay, wasn't happy to hear the news that his former quarterback will now appear on Miami's schedule twice a year -- along with New England's Tom Brady.

"I'm happy for (Favre), that all that's behind him -- the whole hoopla of it all," Holliday said. "Unfortunately, he's in our division now and he's certainly going to help the Jets out in terms of helping them win some games because he's that type of player. It's going to make our job a lot tougher."

Holliday was surprised when Favre announced his retirement following the 2007 season. The idea that the future Hall of Fame quarterback wanted to return to the game was hardly a shocker.

"He's one of those guys who has to play football out of his veins," Holliday said. "He has to play it until he loses that passion, and I don't know that that's ever going to happen for him."

Dolphins cornerback Andre Goodman has plenty of experience playing against Favre from his days with the Detroit Lions. In fact, his first NFL game was against the Packers . . . and a Favre pass broke his finger.

"I went to pick off a slant for Donald Driver and my finger popped when the ball hit it," Goodman recalled. "I don't know if my hand was in a bad position or not, but it hurt.

"You could actually hear that ball, man. It's kind of scary."

Guiness
08-08-2008, 10:06 PM
Vonnie's one of the guys that I never understood why we let get away. I think it came down to a choice between him and everybody's favorite bong-meister, Cletius, didn't it?

Well, five years later...oops?

MJZiggy
08-08-2008, 10:09 PM
I have a betta fish. He sits on the bottom of his bowl all day and rarely moves, until I go to feed him, then he practically jumps out of the water to take the food out of my hand. I named him Cleditus...

SnakeLH2006
08-08-2008, 10:57 PM
From PFW :

Vonnie Holliday has been among the more inspiring players in Dolphins camp. Holliday has be a force on the defensive line but has been earning reps at outside linebacker too, where he's flourishing.

Holliday is not happy about Favre being traded to the Jets. The Jets season opener is in Miami :

http://www.floridatoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080808/SPORTS/808080344/1002/SPORTS

Favre's debut as the Jets quarterback is expected to come Sept. 7, when New York visits Miami in the season opener.

"A lot of people are going to watch that game to see how Brett Favre does with the Jets," Crowder said. "I think that just gives us the opportunity to go out there and be the spoilers and ruin his debut with a new team and show people we're a new team this season. Coming off the bad season last year, (we can) show them that we're coming out to play ball and go beat up on the great Brett Favre."

Defensive end Vonnie Holliday, who spent his first five NFL seasons with Favre in Green Bay, wasn't happy to hear the news that his former quarterback will now appear on Miami's schedule twice a year -- along with New England's Tom Brady.

"I'm happy for (Favre), that all that's behind him -- the whole hoopla of it all," Holliday said. "Unfortunately, he's in our division now and he's certainly going to help the Jets out in terms of helping them win some games because he's that type of player. It's going to make our job a lot tougher."

Holliday was surprised when Favre announced his retirement following the 2007 season. The idea that the future Hall of Fame quarterback wanted to return to the game was hardly a shocker.

"He's one of those guys who has to play football out of his veins," Holliday said. "He has to play it until he loses that passion, and I don't know that that's ever going to happen for him."

Dolphins cornerback Andre Goodman has plenty of experience playing against Favre from his days with the Detroit Lions. In fact, his first NFL game was against the Packers . . . and a Favre pass broke his finger.

"I went to pick off a slant for Donald Driver and my finger popped when the ball hit it," Goodman recalled. "I don't know if my hand was in a bad position or not, but it hurt.

"You could actually hear that ball, man. It's kind of scary."

Damn, that's awesome...I wonder if there's stats for busted fingers somewhere, cuz Favre would be rated a 99 in Madden for BFP (Busted Finger Power) for sure. :lol:

Harlan Huckleby
08-08-2008, 11:12 PM
everytime i hear the name "Vonnie Holiday" i go into a time warp. Seems like that guy played with Brian Noble and Lynn Dickey.