PDA

View Full Version : A-Rod Fires His Agent

SnakeLH2006
08-09-2008, 01:22 AM
http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/archive/2008/08/08/report-rodgers-fires-his-agent.aspx#comments

Report: Rodgers fires his agent
By Don Walker
Friday, Aug 8 2008, 03:02 PM
Aaron Rodgers has fired his agent, Mike Sullivan, according to SportsBusiness Journal.

Sullivan, managing director of Octagon Football, told the trade newspaper that he received a termination letter on Thursday.

"Aaron has decided to go in a different direction as far as an agent," said Sullivan. "While I am disappointed with his decision, I wish him the best."

The story was first reported on profootballtalk.com

Sullivan told SportsBusiness Journal that he had represented Rodgers since he was drafted in the 2005 NFL draft.

So what's up with that? Any nibblets? Is he due a big contract/going for Rosenhaus or "Short Bus" Cook now that he's THE starter? Decent poll, with some laughers near the end. :lol: Anyway then. Comments....

Lurker64
08-09-2008, 02:12 AM
This might not actually mean anything. When Rodgers declared for the draft, he was a shiny, well-coiffed, California superstar to be, waiting to be drafted #1 overall and play right out of the gate:

http://cdn.faniq.com/images/photos/photo_medium/80/119780-3.jpg

Three years in Green Bay turned him into caveman surfer Jesus:

http://media1.msnbc.com/j/ap/e73ee09e-3229-4fc4-8b4d-47ed9ae7e2f8.hmedium.jpg

So it's possible he just doesn't work or get along well with the agent he hired four years ago, since he's not the same guy he was four years ago.

SnakeLH2006
08-09-2008, 02:21 AM
This might not actually mean anything. When Rodgers declared for the draft, he was a shiny, well-coiffed, California superstar to be, waiting to be drafted #1 overall and play right out of the gate:

http://cdn.faniq.com/images/photos/photo_medium/80/119780-3.jpg

Three years in Green Bay turned him into caveman surfer Jesus:

http://media1.msnbc.com/j/ap/e73ee09e-3229-4fc4-8b4d-47ed9ae7e2f8.hmedium.jpg

So it's possible he just doesn't work or get along well with the agent he hired four years ago, since he's not the same guy he was four years ago.

I like the cocky college QB look personally for him, as the redneck unshaven look is trademarked by Jet Brett, but hey, quick question....how do you post pics? Thanks! :?

LL2
08-09-2008, 06:58 AM
Maybe he wants to be his own agent. That's what i would do if I was a professional athlete. I forget who the NBA player was, but he never had an agent and just paid a sports attorney his usual high fees to negotiate the contract and saved a ton in commissions that agents collect. Even if an attorney charges you $40k to review and analyze the contracts, plus negotiate, that's a lot cheaper than paying an agent.

cpk1994
08-09-2008, 07:21 AM
Maybe he wants to be his own agent. That's what i would do if I was a professional athlete. I forget who the NBA player was, but he never had an agent and just paid a sports attorney his usual high fees to negotiate the contract and saved a ton in commissions that agents collect. Even if an attorney charges you $40k to review and analyze the contracts, plus negotiate, that's a lot cheaper than paying an agent.Ray Allen has no agent.

pbmax
08-09-2008, 07:44 AM
Football contracts are much more difficult than basketball, he probably will not be his own agent.

And a new agent, usually wants a new contract as they cannot get paid until there is a new deal. As the only veteran QB on the team, he has some leverage.

Fritz
08-09-2008, 08:30 AM
Thumbs up on the caveman Jesus look. Give him some hunter orange, a case of beer, and a good deer rifle and he's good to go.

mraynrand
08-09-2008, 09:54 AM
Now would be an excellent time for Rodgrs to hold out for a new contract. After all, he is valued more highly than a guy who played at an MVP level last year - therfore, Rodgers is worth an MVP salary. The Packers realistically have no contingency for the loss of Rodgers. Get Rosenpenis in there and hold out. Smart move.

prsnfoto
08-09-2008, 10:54 AM
Now would be an excellent time for Rodgrs to hold out for a new contract. After all, he is valued more highly than a guy who played at an MVP level last year - therfore, Rodgers is worth an MVP salary. The Packers realistically have no contingency for the loss of Rodgers. Get Rosenpenis in there and hold out. Smart move.

I think there is 25 million laying around why not? Rodgers should immediately hold out and dare the management to start Brohm. :D

sheepshead
08-09-2008, 10:57 AM
Thumbs up on the caveman Jesus look. Give him some hunter orange, a case of beer, and a good deer rifle and he's good to go.

:wink:

Guiness
08-09-2008, 11:57 AM
Wow, Sullivan probably just lost a boatload of money. Rodgers is finally going to start, and if he plays well I could see the Pack extending his contract during this season, or after it at the latest. Sullivan got some change for the rookie deal, but loses out on the 'veteran starting QB' deal.