PDA

View Full Version : Receiver Corp

BlueBrewer
08-10-2008, 09:51 AM
I heard that Nelson is looking very good and that he may be above Jones, can anyone elaborate on this or have you heard anything else on these guys. I am very excited to see them all take another step forward this year.

Joemailman
08-10-2008, 10:12 AM
I haven't heard too much about Nelson, one way or the other. I wouldn't expect too much too early. James Jones has had some problems with ball security, but will probably hang on to the #3 position for now. Arod and Ruvell Martin have a good rapport, so I would look for Martin to perhaps have a greater role than in the past.

texaspackerbacker
08-10-2008, 10:23 AM
There's plenty of room for success for all of them.

I'm especially expecting a great year from Driver--who now probably will be considered the #2 receiver behind Jennings, and covered accordingly.

Nelson, Jones, and Martin, it's a pleasant dilemma to have which one or two or all three to have on the field. All that and Lee and Finley too. Grant and Jackson at RB.

I'd say Rodgers is set up for success.

boiga
08-10-2008, 11:28 AM
Let's see:

-Driver is still Rodgers' favored target thanks to his experience. He hasn't lost a step yet and will still likely get the most receptions this year of any of our receivers. I consider him to have the best hands in football.

-Jennings is the home run threat budding star of the team. He'll get the most yards and touchdowns again.

-Jones has been a little hit or miss. He can make some extremely athletic catches and is great in the open field... but he has also fumbled the most of any player on the team during the offseason (five or six times...) This is a big worry for him. Remember the first chicago game?

-Ruvell has improved a lot this year. He has the best timing with Rodgers, he's tall and he knows his routes. I wouldn't be surprised if Martin had the second most TD's among the receivers this year. He also is the best downfield blocker on the team, which guarantees his place on our roster.

-Nelson is another speed threat with good hands. He's learning and improving. He's having a hard time dealing with the press coverage that he constantly gets in practice.. but he's learning the tricks and should be fine.

-Brett Swain: He's our 7th round pick but hasn't shown anything yet. He likely won't make the team.

-Taj Smith: An undrafted guy that has made some spectacular catches in camp. He needs to work on his consistency, but he's certainly in the running for the sixth spot.

ND72
08-10-2008, 12:25 PM
I heard that Nelson is looking very good and that he may be above Jones, can anyone elaborate on this or have you heard anything else on these guys. I am very excited to see them all take another step forward this year.

I've actually heard nothing but great things about him. He's sure handed, smart, and as Charles woodson said, "one minute your step for step with him, the next, he's 20 yards past you."

Bretsky
08-10-2008, 12:41 PM
Heard very good things about him as well; we have a very solid core

BlueBrewer
08-10-2008, 02:44 PM
we need Rodgers to gain the unspoken chemistry that Favre had with Driver and at the end Jennings, when they just look at each other and know what hot route they are running, then we are in for a treat.

Gunakor
08-10-2008, 05:36 PM

I've actually heard nothing but great things about him. He's sure handed, smart, and as Charles woodson said, "one minute your step for step with him, the next, he's 20 yards past you."

Aqib Talib agrees with you Chuck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ek0ANQ8bRfo

BZnDallas
08-10-2008, 06:17 PM

Aqib Talib agrees with you Chuck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ek0ANQ8bRfo

the first time i saw that clip, the day we drafted nelson, my jaw dropped and i started looking for more gems from the newest packer!!

:whaa:

VegasPackFan
08-10-2008, 06:57 PM
we need Rodgers to gain the unspoken chemistry that Favre had with Driver and at the end Jennings, when they just look at each other and know what hot route they are running, then we are in for a treat.

I think we will see that sooner than later considering that Rodgers is spending a lot of time with these guys during the offseason. The chemistry will be there. It will be sweet.