View Full Version : Wisconsin badass will win Gold medal for you if you watch

GoPackGo
08-10-2008, 11:33 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=781572

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee4/jpopp79/sports/benaskren080908-1.jpg

Rock on with your bad self Ben, I'll be watching Aug. 20th

bobblehead
08-10-2008, 05:13 PM
you officially can not be a badass wearing that top.

GoPackGo
08-10-2008, 05:24 PM
that top.
:lol: :lol:
The wrestling singlet is tight fitting so as not to get grasped accidentally by one's opponent, and allows the referee to see each wrestler's body clearly when awarding points or a pin.

chain_gang
08-10-2008, 05:27 PM
Good to see a fellow former Warhawk, representing the USA.

Tyrone Bigguns
08-10-2008, 05:39 PM
that top.
:lol: :lol:
The wrestling singlet is tight fitting so as not to get grasped accidentally by one's opponent, and allows the referee to see each wrestler's body clearly when awarding points or a pin.

Still looks gay. :lol:

GoPackGo
08-10-2008, 05:56 PM
Would you both still tell me its looks gay and not badass if I dislocated your elbows right quick?

Freak Out
08-10-2008, 06:16 PM
Only stupid people call a guy like that names. It would look gay until he ripped your balls off.

MJZiggy
08-10-2008, 06:54 PM
Wearing something like that is only gay if you don't have the body to put in it (or if you happen to BE gay...)

Zool
08-10-2008, 09:59 PM
I gotta go with Ty on this one. I realize these guys are tough as nails, but they might as well have a tutu on.

]{ilr]3
08-10-2008, 10:41 PM
Only stupid people call a guy like that names. It would look gay until he ripped your balls off.

I dont know, what is he going to do with my balls after he rips them off? That will pretty much tell the tale..... And the fact that he would have anything to do with my balls in first place cast a lot of doubt onto his straightness :shock:

bobblehead
08-10-2008, 10:54 PM

Hey, I specifically said he should NOT be called names (like badass) while wearing the tutu uniform. And Wrestlers are indeed pretty tough, but ripping balls off is not in their code of ethics.

MJZiggy
08-11-2008, 06:27 AM
{ilr]3]

I dont know, what is he going to do with my balls after he rips them off? That will pretty much tell the tale.....

Table tennis? I know... :oops:

mraynrand
08-11-2008, 09:00 AM
I gotta go with Ty on this one. I realize these guys are tough as nails, but they might as well have a tutu on.

Then they put you in a figure 4 and break your back. OOOooooo.... girly man wearing a Unitard!

http://www.ncsports.us/Nealworlds-med.jpg

Both these guys look pretty gay, don't they?

GoPackGo
08-11-2008, 10:01 AM
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c70/TerranceDC/F61228.jpg

Is football gay too?

Zool
08-11-2008, 10:04 AM
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c70/TerranceDC/F61228.jpg

Is football gay too?

Nah, the C is smokin a fag tho.

Tyrone Bigguns
08-11-2008, 02:44 PM

Hell freezin over. :oops:

Tyrone Bigguns
08-11-2008, 02:46 PM
Would you both still tell me its looks gay and not badass if I dislocated your elbows right quick?

I wanna be just--like--you! I figure all I need's a labotamy and some tights!

GoPackGo
08-11-2008, 02:56 PM

and some muscles, brains, skills, and game

mraynrand
08-11-2008, 03:13 PM

No Shit. The former wrestlers I know are surgeons, Ph.Ds, engineers, etc. Sure there are some meatheads in the sport, like any sport, but asking Ty to recognize that would kill his stereotype buzz. Hmmm, using stereotypes - I thought that was anathema to libs...

Tyrone Bigguns
08-11-2008, 03:18 PM

Obviously missed the ref.

Tyrone Bigguns
08-11-2008, 03:20 PM

No Shit. The former wrestlers I know are surgeons, Ph.Ds, engineers, etc. Sure there are some meatheads in the sport, like any sport, but asking Ty to recognize that would kill his stereotype buzz. Hmmm, using stereotypes - I thought that was anathema to libs...

When did Ty ever call wrestlers stupid. Think about the sentence, dipshit.

You are just too stupid to recognize the ref...and, never let an opportunity to bash me get in the way of you looking stupid.

Nice try, but you are owned again.

mraynrand
08-11-2008, 03:40 PM

When did Ty ever call wrestlers stupid. Think about the sentence, dipshit.

You are just too stupid to recognize the ref...and, never let an opportunity to bash me get in the way of you looking stupid.

Nice try, but you are owned again.

It's an acceptable tradeoff

Deputy Nutz
08-12-2008, 10:22 PM
Askren is an asshole. Great wrestler, he loves to claim he is just telling the truth, but he comes off as an asshole. I have followed his career since he was a freshman in high school. Cocky and arrogant, he backs it up with hard work and skill, still doesn't mean I like his attitude. At least he brings a little flare to the sport, especially a sport like wrestling where personality is lacking quite a bit.

bobblehead
08-12-2008, 10:35 PM
Askren is an asshole. Great wrestler, he loves to claim he is just telling the truth, but he comes off as an asshole. I have followed his career since he was a freshman in high school. Cocky and arrogant, he backs it up with hard work and skill, still doesn't mean I like his attitude. At least he brings a little flare to the sport, especially a sport like wrestling where personality is lacking quite a bit.

You have described most wrestlers I have ever known.

Tyrone Bigguns
08-12-2008, 10:48 PM

Ty worked with and covered many olympic hopefuls back in 99....i didn't find that to be true...especially the greco romans.

Ty made a killing on cuban cigars.

mraynrand
08-12-2008, 11:58 PM

Ty worked with and covered many olympic hopefuls back in 99....i didn't find that to be true...especially the greco romans

It's more true of high school wrestlers - who love to look at their guns in the mirror. College and Olympic wrestlers seem to be a hell of a lot more serious - the intensity level is off the charts.

Deputy Nutz
08-13-2008, 09:08 AM

I have been around the sport for 15 years and have been around and met a lot of different wrestlers, most of the good ones boarder on mean, driven, and narrow focus on life. Most are very quiet, and although confident, it is looked on as disrespectful to voice your confidence publicly, or make comments that "other don't work as hard". Ben claims to speak the truth but that still doesn't means he isn't being disrespectful. He has at times alienated himself in the sport because of this. For anyone no matter the talent level between competitors their always seems to be mutual respect for each other no matter what. I don't think Ben has ever seen it that way.

Regardless, I hope Ben does well, I do like the flash, think it is good for the sport in a way, I just hope it isn't an attitude that most young wresters try to copy.

GoPackGo
08-20-2008, 03:23 PM
Askren lost his match and is out of the olympics without a medal.

mraynrand
08-20-2008, 05:35 PM
Askren lost his match and is out of the olympics without a medal.

I feel guilty. I wasn't watching.