PDA

View Full Version : does this look weird or what?

gbgary
08-10-2008, 03:10 PM
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20080809/capt.de51502bd18f4862b69bd71b9b010b20.jets_favre_f ootball__nyeb108.jpg

retailguy
08-10-2008, 03:15 PM
Fixed it for you Gary....

gbgary
08-10-2008, 03:17 PM
Fixed it for you Gary....

thanks...i figured it out the same time. i picked out a differnt photo though.

pbmax
08-10-2008, 04:10 PM
Is he bent over from age? :lol:

I saw the video of his penalty lap at Jets camp earlier today. If I had run a lap that slow when I played I would have been looking for a new sport to play in the fall. :mrgreen:

MJZiggy
08-10-2008, 08:09 PM
He did a penalty lap? What for?

Gunakor
08-10-2008, 08:13 PM

He fumbled a QB snap. Both he and the center he was taking the snap from had to run a lap.

mraynrand
08-10-2008, 08:44 PM
Is he bent over from age? :lol:

No. he's just breaking wind - for fun.

Bretsky
08-10-2008, 09:25 PM

He fumbled a QB snap. Both he and the center he was taking the snap from had to run a lap.

It was a great story; Mangini has a one lap penalty for any fumbles in practice.

Favre and Mangold fumbled a snap so they both ran a lap. The entire defense razzed them and the 11,000 fans at practice (use to be about 2,000) gave them a standing ovation. Looked like Favre was having fun with the whole thing while he took a lap with his center.

Harlan Huckleby
08-10-2008, 09:40 PM
I think its exciting to see Favre continue to play, and I'm sure it's refreshing for him to begin anew in a new environment. Learning new things has a way of getting the juices flowing. I don't think Favre will start out slow because of the learning curve as many have suggested. But I really believe he wore down mentally and phsycally last year, and he's carrying even more of a load for the Jets. We'll see. It will be painful if he totally outshines Rodgers, but I hope he does well.

Fritz
08-11-2008, 06:46 AM

It was a great story; Mangini has a one lap penalty for any fumbles in practice.

Favre and Mangold fumbled a snap so they both ran a lap. The entire defense razzed them and the 11,000 fans at practice (use to be about 2,000) gave them a standing ovation. Looked like Favre was having fun with the whole thing while he took a lap with his center.

I hope the fans will be just as jolly when he throws a pick right into the arms of the opponents' safety.

The Leaper
08-11-2008, 07:46 AM
I think its exciting to see Favre continue to play, and I'm sure it's refreshing for him to begin anew in a new environment. Learning new things has a way of getting the juices flowing. I don't think Favre will start out slow because of the learning curve as many have suggested. But I really believe he wore down mentally and phsycally last year, and he's carrying even more of a load for the Jets. We'll see. It will be painful if he totally outshines Rodgers, but I hope he does well.

I'm with you...I think Favre will be revitalized by the new environment. I think things had gotten relatively stale in Green Bay. Few people who are at the top of their profession remain with the same company long term these days in ANY field, so I can understand to some extent why Favre had soured on Green Bay.

However, eventually the adrenaline will wear off and the change will take an even greater toll on Favre mentally than 2007 did...which left him wanting to retire the minute the season ended.

I expect Favre to really wear down once December rolls around.

mmmdk
08-11-2008, 08:18 AM

I'm with you...I think Favre will be revitalized by the new environment. I think things had gotten relatively stale in Green Bay. Few people who are at the top of their profession remain with the same company long term these days in ANY field, so I can understand to some extent why Favre had soured on Green Bay.

However, eventually the adrenaline will wear off and the change will take an even greater toll on Favre mentally than 2007 did...which left him wanting to retire the minute the season ended.

I expect Favre to really wear down once December rolls around.

Spot on!

mraynrand
08-11-2008, 09:03 AM

Based on what?

oregonpackfan
08-11-2008, 09:33 AM
Favre does not look "heavy" as some people mentioned he appeared to be in street clothes.

MJZiggy
08-11-2008, 06:32 PM
That's because he dresses like a slob and it's so hard to tell...