PDA

View Full Version : The Media & The Saga

VegasPackFan
08-10-2008, 06:42 PM
Thinking about the media's role in this whole fiasco.....

Remember how, a few years ago, we were all defending BF against the national media? They were all saying he was washed up and needed to retire. Remember all the articles out there that were saying that BF was selfishly hurting the Pack because he wouldn't call it quits? They were saying that his skills were gone and that his own selfishness was causing the Pack to go into a tailspin. Many of us on this board at that time knew that there were other reasons for the decline an the struggles.

Fast forward to this year. BF is now THE MAN once again, and they just hammer the Packer org for deciding to "move on" without him after he announces his retirement.

These guys are just like flies on sh#t. They changed their whole perspective just to sell more papers, get more listeners, and gain more viewers. Nearly every media memeber was on the "BF is finished" bandwagon when they went 4-12 and then the next year started out slow.

I hate these guys.

/END RANT

texaspackerbacker
08-10-2008, 07:36 PM
I'll second that emotion.

Rather than wish death on these media assholes or deny them their right to exist or who do what they do, I will say this: The bastards do have a role. Their role is to report the facts--no more, no less--in a simple unobtrusive way.

Nobody gives a shit what the stinking bastards think, and even more so, the dirty sonofabitches don't need to be interfering and trying to create news, as with the whole Favre mess.

Poor Brett was and is way too suggestive a person--kinda like the 8 year old kid people say his enthusiasm resembles. I have been saying all along, these sick pieces of shit of the media are responsible for hounding Favre into considering retirement before '07, actually being so irrational as to retire in '08, and then stupidly unretiring and handling it so clumsily this off-season.

Now, Brett will undoubtedly flop in New York, and those same media assholes will eat him alive. He's pathetic, but they are evil incarnate.

th87
08-10-2008, 07:54 PM
I hate ESPN. It's become the National Enquirer of sports. It's funny how people with journalism degrees think they know more than NFL personnel men.

VegasPackFan
08-10-2008, 08:31 PM
I agreee, TX but my point is to shine a light on their duplicity in this post. They are guilty of playing both sides of the fence on this one. Two years ago they were screaming for him to hang it up and this year they are shocked - SHOSCKED I TELL YOU- that Packers made that same decision.