PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know where I can follow Packer news?

mission
08-11-2008, 11:36 AM
Honestly, I'm kind of tired of all this Brett Favre shit and people arguing the same crap over and over again.

This board has taken a serious turn for the worse and Im really just wondering where I can follow along to Packer news. This used to be my site for that information ...

Blogs? JSOnline? What's the best source to follow along, day to day, with the Packers?

Where else do you guys visit? I need a break ...

Zool
08-11-2008, 11:41 AM
Luckily for most of us, we've had the Brewers to follow through all this BS. Lost in the WI shuffle is the reworking of the Bucks this offseason. Badgers are ranked #12 and have a new starting QB. Its not a bad time for sports in Wisconsin.

mission
08-11-2008, 11:48 AM
Where can I find out about all this stuff?

I have to stop relying on this site. It's killin me.

The Brett Favre idiocy is just too much.

Ive been following the Brewers pretty intently ...

sharpe1027
08-11-2008, 11:51 AM
Honestly, I'm kind of tired of all this Brett Favre shit and people arguing the same crap over and over again.

This board has taken a serious turn for the worse and Im really just wondering where I can follow along to Packer news.

You do realize that posting about disgust over the Favre coverage is just making it worse by adding yet another Favre post... :D

To answer your question, there is no such place. Your best bet is to lock yourself in your basement for a year or two without any way to access media sources. You can't even show up to a Packer's practice without having to listen to people chanting for Brett and booing Rodgers.

Tony Oday
08-11-2008, 11:56 AM
we should have a board just about favre to put all these threads in there ;)

mission
08-11-2008, 12:28 PM

This board has taken a serious turn for the worse and Im really just wondering where I can follow along to Packer news.

You do realize that posting about disgust over the Favre coverage is just making it worse by adding yet another Favre post... :D

To answer your question, there is no such place. Your best bet is to lock yourself in your basement for a year or two without any way to access media sources. You can't even show up to a Packer's practice without having to listen to people chanting for Brett and booing Rodgers.

There is no such place to get info on the packers training camp? there is no one writing anywhere about whats going on? you're a clown.

this was a serious post with a serious question... thanks for contributing though... since i havent seen you do it elsewhere outside of this "worthless" thread.

Guiness
08-11-2008, 12:31 PM
Ah, bear with it Mission. Ya, it's been bad, but it was the offseason so there was nothing else to post. Last year, I'm betting the traffic on this board was 1/3 of what it was for that time period.

I think tonight's game will give us lots else to talk about.

HarveyWallbangers
08-11-2008, 12:36 PM
http://packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?t=13527

digitaldean
08-11-2008, 12:39 PM
Ah, bear with it Mission. Ya, it's been bad, but it was the offseason so there was nothing else to post. Last year, I'm betting the traffic on this board was 1/3 of what it was for that time period.

I think tonight's game will give us lots else to talk about.

Yeah, since Harlan started tonight's game thread instead of Ball Hawk, I feel confident nothing bad will happen. :)

mission
08-11-2008, 01:05 PM
you're right guiness...

tonight will definitely give us plenty to talk about... i almost feel like we're missing out on so much while other fans have their normal information, getting excited about rookies etc ...

man i cant wait ... i kind of had this same sort of feeling this time last year, just without this level of disgust.

i just dont have any of those blog update links or any of that "wisconsin stuff" and was hoping some folks maybe had some shit bookmarked they could pass along... although its safe to assume that if those sites had anything noteworthy, that someone would have posted it up here.

HarveyWallbangers
08-11-2008, 01:13 PM
JSO has daily training camp reports and blogs like this:
http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/archive/2008/08/09/tc-practice-no-14.aspx

I don't think they've had practice the last couple of days, so news is light.

Green Bay Press Gazette blog:
http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/ic/blogs/insider/index.shtml

Wisconsin State Journal has Packers news:
http://www.madison.com/wsj/home/sports/

Packers.com also has daily training camp reports.

Most of these articles get referenced from this site. They are here. They are just hard to find. I've been trying to keep them in "Training Camp Talk." It's like the non-Favre oasis in the forum.

The_Dude
08-11-2008, 01:20 PM
Try:

www.packernet.com (listing of most of the online articles from jsonline, packersnews, etc)

www.railbirdcentral.com (interesting site)

Packersnews insider blog www.greenbaypressgazette.com/ic/blogs/insider/index.shtml

www.packerchatters.com (forum and news site).

MadtownPacker
08-11-2008, 01:34 PM
Sounds like set tripping to me.

Either with us or against us Mission. There is no in between.

mission
08-11-2008, 01:38 PM
Sounds like set tripping to me.

Either with us or against us Mission. There is no in between.

lol set trippin

you're crazy dood...

im just frustrated... im like an angry old (young) man... i go around bitching about everything lately.

just started getting laid a bunch again (got a ridiculous girl, shaved the wolf man studio beard finally) so that coupled with some decent GB play should soften me up..

mission
08-11-2008, 01:58 PM
Thanks for the links guys... wasn't trying to bash my favorite Packers site ... but it's just my ONLY packer site ...

i wont be leaving (much to the chagrin of many here im sure...)

sharpe1027
08-11-2008, 02:12 PM
There is no such place to get info on the packers training camp? there is no one writing anywhere about whats going on? you're a clown.

this was a serious post with a serious question... thanks for contributing though... since i havent seen you do it elsewhere outside of this "worthless" thread.

Clown? I was attempting humor (I even used a the smilely face emoticon!). I would like to point out that my post was attempting to sympathize with your complaint (there is no way to get away from all the Favre coverage), and I never called your thread worthless.

I'd like to think I contribute in my posts, but it is a subjective opinion. You are entitled to believe that I don't contribute, but since by your own admission you haven't read a single one of my posts, maybe you should either take a second to read some of my posts or ask someone that reads my posts before you take personal shots.

My serious answer is exactly the same as my answer in my attempt at humor, you can't get away from Favre stories. Some sites maybe better than others, but there is not Packer site that I know of that has not covered the Favre story. I also believe that it will continue for as long as Favre plays because whomever is QBing for the Pack will be compared against Favre's performances.

mission
08-11-2008, 02:22 PM
No offense, man. You're good.

I had just woken up, thought "hell ya, it's gameday!" and came on here to read all sorts of gameday stories and saw the same old favre shit, etc...

I'm grumpy in the "morning" and I know I came across harsh, but really, I *was* interested in some stuff to bookmark.

I bet if Mad could look at who refreshes the main forum page the most, over and over, my IP would come out in the top whatever... that's bad.

sharpe1027
08-11-2008, 02:26 PM
No offense, man. You're good.

I had just woken up, thought "hell ya, it's gameday!" and came on here to read all sorts of gameday stories and saw the same old favre shit, etc...

I'm grumpy in the "morning" and I know I came across harsh, but really, I *was* interested in some stuff to bookmark.

I bet if Mad could look at who refreshes the main forum page the most, over and over, my IP would come out in the top whatever... that's bad.

No problem. I initally misread your post as asking for a site without any Favre coverage. When I reread it, I realized that you were just asking for additional sources of info, so I can understand how my response wasn't helpful at all.

boiga
08-11-2008, 03:34 PM
Oh, I thought you were being facetious. Here's one more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/teams/packers/

The SI Packers site does a fairly good job linking to Packers stories from across the interweb. It's generally between a couple of hours to a day behind, but I often find stories there that I'd missed in the scrum. Fox and ESPN also have Packers team pages... but much of their content is subscription only and they aren't as thorough as SI.

If you only wanted to check one site for Packers news, the SI page is a good call.

Bretsky
08-11-2008, 05:27 PM

Read the Papers and stay away from the Internet; even the JS site still is reporting plenty of the stuff you don't want to read.

pack4to84
08-11-2008, 05:46 PM
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/ all teams

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=17 packers

mission
08-11-2008, 05:47 PM

Read the Papers and stay away from the Internet; even the JS site still is reporting plenty of the stuff you don't want to read.

If i read the papers, all I would know is that Atlanta thinks DJ Shockley should be its quarterback.

Not too interested in racial conspiracy debates.

But good point. I used to love reading my madison and milwaukee papers when i lived back home ...

but really, go pack go the countdown is starting, im so excited!

i promise ill be in a better mood tonight (well, that's kinda up to our boy a-rod)