PDA

View Full Version : Where are the A-Rod Haters

rbaloha1
08-11-2008, 08:51 PM
Hey A-Rod Haters please provide honest feedback with the initial performance.

Why is Kornheiser (sp?) such an a-hole toward A-Rod and the Packers? Screw espn. Go Jaws!

Sign Culpepper ASAP

Brando19
08-11-2008, 08:54 PM
Why would Culpepper sign? He made it clear he wants to start, which is why he turned the Steelers down. Hell, he turned the Packers down a month or two ago.

rbaloha1
08-11-2008, 08:56 PM
Why would Culpepper sign? He made it clear he wants to start, which is why he turned the Steelers down. Hell, he turned the Packers down a month or two ago.

I thought Jaws stated he was willing to accept a backup role. Maybe Aaron Brooks needs to be contacted.

Brohm is clearly unready -- although BB should develop into a very good player -- just not now.

Brando19
08-11-2008, 09:11 PM
I doubt Culpepper changed his mind overnight, although who knows. I wish Leftwich would've came to GB, but he's in Pitt now.

pbmax
08-11-2008, 10:14 PM
Give Bretsky some time he has a lot of threads to cover!

:lol:

Just kidding B!

Zool
08-11-2008, 11:43 PM
IIRC Brooks and coach had a falling out in NO.

Partial
08-11-2008, 11:46 PM
He played pretty well. He was a little erratic with nerves and was clearly antzy, but I won't hold that against him. I'd give it a solid B, in that I think he showed they will be able to move the ball from the spread in between the 20s.

We'll see how he reacts when the dogs are set free off the edge and he has to react. Pre-season doesn't mean a whole lot.

For what its worth, his performance last year will probably (almost obviously in my mind) be better than this years.

Harlan Huckleby
08-11-2008, 11:46 PM
The Arod-haters are meeting at Tony Kornheiser's house tonight for an emergency strategy session.

MadtownPacker
08-11-2008, 11:47 PM
He will need to stop locking on to WRs and he also didnt stop throwing high tonight. If he keeps it up he is going to get DD and Jones killed because they dont let up on the ball even in traffic.

Harlan Huckleby
08-11-2008, 11:51 PM
hater

rbaloha1
08-11-2008, 11:57 PM
The Arod-haters are meeting at Tony Kornheiser's house tonight for an emergency strategy session.

Great analysis. espn worships favre. makes me absolutely sick.

HarveyWallbangers
08-11-2008, 11:57 PM
I feel good.

MadtownPacker
08-11-2008, 11:59 PM

Great analysis. espn worships favre. makes me absolutely sick.You ask us about Rodgers and then you only respond to the person who is talking shit?????

Pacopete4
08-12-2008, 12:04 AM
I think it went about as expected...

Was inaccurate on a lot of throws.. didn't get the ball out quick enough which led to sacks and taking way too many hits for a quarter of football... threw into a tight space which led to an INT, his fault or not, still threw into a tight spot which is going to happen... and his WR's really bailed him out... Driver-Jones-Martin played extremely well which is great to see because Rodgers is going to need the help early on in his career..

on a side note.. our running game stunk once again.. I sure hope it don't take us 8-10 games like last season because I'm not sure Rodgers will be good enough at the start to get us to 8-1, 9-1...

Harlan Huckleby
08-12-2008, 12:04 AM

Great analysis. espn worships favre. makes me absolutely sick.You ask us about Rodgers and then you only respond to the person who is talking shit?????

you need a smoke

HarveyWallbangers
08-12-2008, 12:08 AM
Was inaccurate on a lot of throws

You had me until here.

Pacopete4
08-12-2008, 12:09 AM
you don't think he was inaccurate tonight?

Harlan Huckleby
08-12-2008, 12:12 AM

he was a little high on 3 or 4 throws. But generally he was was on target. In a full game, he would settle down. I thought he looked very good overall.

Madtown "Jaws" Packer was able to identify some technical problems with Rodger's mechanics, something about his release point. I don't have the QB expertise to comment.

Rodgers had the weight of the world of his shoulders, and he came through with shining colors.

Let the good times roll!

HarveyWallbangers
08-12-2008, 12:13 AM

He missed Jones on the deep ball--although it looked Jones needed to unhitch the wagon (plus, he misplayed the ball). He threw high to Martin--which was fine because it could be a pick six if he throws it on the inside. He threw a high but catchable ball to Jones. Otherwise, he threw well and threw accurate. And he had to make every throw in the book. Most QBs aren't going to throw 15 balls right between the numbers. Two of his best throws were dropped. (Driver on the 3rd and long. Francies on the pick.) All that with the weight of the world on his shoulders. I do worry that he holds onto the ball. That will get him hit. As far as throwing the ball, he looks like he's going to be damn good.

Pacopete4
08-12-2008, 12:14 AM

he was a little high on 3 or 4 throws. But generally he was was on target. If a full game, he would settle down. I thought he looked very good overall.

Madtown "Jaws" Packer was able to identify some technical problems with Rodger's mechanics, something about his release point. I don't have the QB expertise to comment.

It seems as though thats been a big thing since he's been drafted by us.. Where he holds the ball and where his release point is and how much wasted movement he has... I dunno, just things I've heard, I haven't seen him throw enough to actually look at it

HarveyWallbangers
08-12-2008, 12:15 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=782067

Rodgers completed nine of 15 passes for 117 yards, one touchdown and one interception for a passer rating of 79.0. Of his six incompletions, two were dropped, two were thrown away under pressure, one probably should have been caught and another was overthrown.

Harlan Huckleby
08-12-2008, 12:15 AM
He missed Jones on the deep ball--although it looked Jones needed to unhitch the wagon (plus, he misplayed the ball).

ya, I thought Rodger's throw there was fine. It was friggin 40 yards or so, you expect the receiver to adjust.

HarveyWallbangers
08-12-2008, 12:16 AM
This was with a Hall of Famer at QB.

Exhibition openers generally have been exercises in offensive futility for Green Bay this decade. From 2001-'07, the Packers scored 45 points in their debuts, an average of 6.4 points, with a 2-5 record.

Brohm
08-12-2008, 12:17 AM
I thought Rodgers looked good. He took some hits but generally got the ball off quick. I would figure his pocket presense will grow as he gets more experience, but remember Farve took some shots like that too on blown blitz pick-ups.

He did throw into some tight spots. Farve made a living doing that, I hope Rodgers doesn't think he has to do that but given they were completions not sure one can be critical of him in that regard as long as he plays within himself.

What I want to see is continued improvement from this game to the next. Hopefully some of the dinged up starters (Jennings/Grant/etc.) will be back.

HarveyWallbangers
08-12-2008, 12:19 AM
What I want to see is continued improvement from this game to the next.

Agreed. One preseason game doe s not a career make, but it was a good start.

Pacopete4
08-12-2008, 12:22 AM
Harv.. I watched the entire game.. don't need JSonline to feed me a line of dog poo...

He threw well, yes.. but not superb like a lot of you are going to say...

-He almost killed Jones on his TD pass...
-He missed badly to Martin on a 3rd down that coulda kept the drive alive
-He under threw Martin, but a great adjustment to the ball by him
-He didn't put enough air under the ball for Jones on a corner route for him to make an adjustment on a ball that needs to be completed... the guy was WIDE OPEN.. coulda been a huge play
-He held the ball way too much
-The pass to Francies was in a tight spot which was nice to see him have some guts to put a ball in there but the WR was hit basically at the same time as the guy tryin to catch it, those things happen

Overall Rodgers was very good at the roll outs and short passes of 10-12 yds and below but has a lot to improve on..

and I just wanna make it known that I think Rodgers did play well to a point.. but I'm not drinking the koolaid a lot of others seem to be or want to be drinking yet..

HarveyWallbangers
08-12-2008, 12:27 AM

Not an exceptional pass, but catchable.

I'd agree--although you have to keep from throwing it inside there.

That was a good ball. See Favre to Jennings against Seattle in the playoffs.

-He didn't put enough air under the ball for Jones on a corner route for him to make an adjustment on a ball that needs to be completed... the guy was WIDE OPEN.. coulda been a huge play

Jones looked inept there. Stumbling, bumpling.

Agreed.

-The pass to Francies was in a tight spot which was nice to see him have some guts to put a ball in there but the WR was hit basically at the same time as the guy tryin to catch it, those things happen

If that was Favre, people would be talking about what an awesome throw that was. The frigign' ball hit him between the "8" and "3". Any of our top 4 WRs catches that ball.

boiga
08-12-2008, 12:29 AM
on a side note.. our running game stunk once again.. I sure hope it don't take us 8-10 games like last season because I'm not sure Rodgers will be good enough at the start to get us to 8-1, 9-1... Uhm... our first two backs averaged 6 yrds a carry between them. That "stinks" to you?

HarveyWallbangers
08-12-2008, 12:30 AM
He missed one easy chance at a big play when he barely overthrew a wide-open Jones on a post-corner route that probably would have gone for a 55-yard touchdown, but his completion percentage also suffered from two clear drops — one a third down by Donald Driver, and the other by Francies on the interception.

“James told me he should have caught (the long pass), and I told him I should have just taken a little off it,” Rodgers said. “That’s a ball that you’d love to have back and take a little off it. Not realizing he’d be that wide open — James ran a great route and we adjusted the route and unfortunately couldn’t come up with it, because it probably would have been a walk-in touchdown.”

Pacopete4
08-12-2008, 12:32 AM

horrible pass...

Agree you keep that ball to the outside but its suppose to be outside and low, away from the defender.. not in in the 3rd row of bleachers

I think they are 2 different throws myself.. I know, throw in backside shoulder.. but it really looked like he just under threw him to me

Man.. thats a tough one to put on Jones... he threw a liner that didn't allow him to run underneath it at an angle but instead cut short his route towards the sidelines.. not many make that catch I don't think... bad throw in my book

Agreed.

If this don't get fixed... he really may not be standing after week 5

If that was Favre, people would be talking about what an awesome throw that was. The frigign' ball hit him between the "8" and "3". Any of our top 4 WRs catches that ball.

I said the same thing to my buddy after she bitched about the INT.. and I agree with you but this isn't about comparing him to Favre... he threw it in coverage and those things happen on those slant passes.. they happened with Favre and they'll happen with Rodgers

texaspackerbacker
One place the ARod haters certainly weren't was Lambeau. It seemed like the media assholes were disappointed about that.

Did anybody notice the blunders those clueless bastards made talking about Clowney? It seemed like the dumbasses didn't even know that he was with the Packers last preseason.

Pacopete4
oops..

Pacopete4
08-12-2008, 12:33 AM

horrible pass...

Agree you keep that ball to the outside but its suppose to be outside and low, away from the defender.. not in in the 3rd row of bleachers

I think they are 2 different throws myself.. I know, throw in backside shoulder.. but it really looked like he just under threw him to me

Man.. thats a tough one to put on Jones... he threw a liner that didn't allow him to run underneath it at an angle but instead cut short his route towards the sidelines.. not many make that catch I don't think... bad throw in my book

Agreed.

If this don't get fixed... he really may not be standing after week 5

If that was Favre, people would be talking about what an awesome throw that was. The frigign' ball hit him between the "8" and "3". Any of our top 4 WRs catches that ball.[/quote]

I said the same thing to my buddy after she bitched about the INT.. and I agree with you but this isn't about comparing him to Favre... he threw it in coverage and those things happen on those slant passes.. they happened with Favre and they'll happen with Rodgers[/quote]

Pacopete4
08-12-2008, 12:39 AM
on a side note.. our running game stunk once again.. I sure hope it don't take us 8-10 games like last season because I'm not sure Rodgers will be good enough at the start to get us to 8-1, 9-1... Uhm... our first two backs averaged 6 yrds a carry between them. That "stinks" to you?

thats against the #1 D from Cincy... Cincy's D is horrid and we had 2 carries for 38 yards and then 4 for 6....

consistency is the best thing about sports..

boiga
08-12-2008, 12:42 AM

thats against the #1 D from Cincy... Cincy's D is horrid and we had 2 carries for 38 yards and then 4 for 6....

consistency is the best thing about sports.. And that was with our starting running back, center, and left tackle sitting out. Our 2nd stringers started against that #1 D in the run game and did fine.

Also, mind editing out that double post you left above?

HarveyWallbangers
08-12-2008, 12:44 AM
On the plus side, the Bengals offense (minus T.J. and Rudi, but with Carson and Chad) had 13 yards and 0 first down in three series in the first quarter. Very vanilla though.

Bretsky
08-12-2008, 12:47 AM
The only true haters are those not able to cheer for the Packer QB regardless of who it is. I'm not sure there are many "haters" here.

I consistently had a bias toward bringing Favre back; I still would have and stand by that.

But he's gone so now I cheer for AROD. I only consider one to be a hater if he/she is anti Green Bay where they can't cheer for the team.

Bretsky
08-12-2008, 12:48 AM
On the plus side, the Bengals offense (minus T.J. and Rudi, but with Carson and Chad) had 13 yards and 0 first down in three series in the first quarter. Very vanilla though.

When the starters were in we looked solid; a better pass rush would be nice though

HarveyWallbangers
What did you think of ARod tonight?

texaspackerbacker
I don't believe you whiners. Rodgers was pretty close to perfect. The long pass to Martin appeared to be intentionally underthrown. The long one to Jones appeared catchable. He was 9 of 15 with at least 3 drops, one by Driver that he catches maybe 9 out of 10 times, and two by Francies who almost certainly won't make the team anyway.

Bretsky
08-12-2008, 12:49 AM
What did you think of ARod tonight?

Very solid; I'd take the play in the season in a second.

Solid play calling of high % passes at the start probably helped him get in a nice rhythm. But I thought he looked very good.

Pacopete4
08-12-2008, 12:50 AM
I don't believe you whiners. Rodgers was pretty close to perfect. The long pass to Martin appeared to be intentionally underthrown. The long one to Jones appeared catchable. He was 9 of 15 with at least 3 drops, one by Driver that he catches maybe 9 out of 10 times, and two by Francies who almost certainly won't make the team anyway.

thats the shit I'm talking about... he was no where near perfect and even he'd have the brass to tell you that himself... he played well, there's not getting around that.. but close to perfect?.. give me a break...

Pacopete4
08-12-2008, 12:52 AM
its pretty simple.. Rodgers went out and played a solid ball game and made a couple plays, goofed a couple, and overall moved the team down the field in a preseason game against a vanilla defense but also without his LT, C, RB, and #2 WR... so the guy is on track if he keeps gaining experience and fixes the little things because those are the things that add up to being a great QB

boiga
08-12-2008, 12:54 AM
so the guy is on track if he keeps gaining experience and fixes the little things because those are the things that add up to being a great QB And that's why the night ends on a hopeful note.

Rodgers showed that he likely has what it takes to make it in this league. If we can stay healthy elsewhere, that bodes very well for our season.

Pacopete4
08-12-2008, 12:55 AM
so the guy is on track if he keeps gaining experience and fixes the little things because those are the things that add up to being a great QB And that's why the night ends on a hopeful note.

Rodgers showed that he likely has what it takes to make it in this league. If we can stay healthy elsewhere, that bodes very well for our season.

I believe, with him staying healthy, it bodes well for seasons in the future more so than this season.. I really think there is going to be too many bumps this season with basically a rookie QB... just an opinion

mission
08-12-2008, 03:06 AM
Rodgers looked fucking great tonight. Way better than I have ever remember Favre playing in a preseason game.

It's preseason, I know ... with a backup running back in there also ...

Paco you look almost as bad as partial (fair!) usually does ... 10 in the first... 40-0 extrapolation ... ill take it.

considering EVERYTHING, Rodgers showed tonight EXACTLY what ive been saying in all these threads..

he's calm, cool, and can make the throws.

i, for one, was so happy to see him take a couple of those sacks.

at least one of those situations was a brett pick. yalready know.

Dabaddestbear
08-12-2008, 03:16 AM
All I really saw was a guy hanging his receivers out to dry with high and almost out of reach passes. The receivers looked pretty good catching some poorly thrown passes and making some plays with them.

mission
08-12-2008, 03:23 AM
All I really saw was a guy hanging his receivers out to dry with high and almost out of reach passes. The receivers looked pretty good catching some poorly thrown passes and making some plays with them.

Ya we haven't seen that over and over for 16 years ...

gtfo :arrow:

pack4to84
08-12-2008, 05:09 AM
What? Know one here mention anything about the confidence the MM showed with Rodgers and giving him the whole playbook. In the pregame show Johnson and Carter was saying that the Packers would have to strip down there playbook this year with Rodgers. So what does MM do. He has him run a no back set 4 times in this game. He ran the same type plays Favre would run.

Side note: Mike Ditka was the only one saying he thought the Packers would still win the Division. The others where shocked that he took that stand.

Tarlam!
08-12-2008, 05:18 AM
Side note: Mike Ditka was the only one saying he thought the Packers would still win the Division. The others where shocked that he took that stand.

I saw that, too. The commentary guys covering the game should be ashamed of themselves. I wanted to hit them. All 3 of them.

Kiwon
08-12-2008, 06:14 AM
A-Rod is MM's quarterback of choice so this may be the first time to see his offense run by the book, so to speak.

In spite of the great success last season, this season might actually be MM's breakout season if the defense keeps them in the games and the offense is run efficiently.

Promising start and nice to hear the fans really cheer A-Rod when he was introduced. I hope the rowdy ones will take a clue from the majority and show some balance.

#4 has left the building and ain't coming back.

packrulz
08-12-2008, 06:20 AM

I saw that, too. The commentary guys covering the game should be ashamed of themselves. I wanted to hit them. All 3 of them.

Their coverage was terrible, half the time Tony Kornholer was blabbering his man-love for Brett Favre and they were ignoring the game, I wanted to hit him too, Jaws was ok. ARod saw the open receivers and threw for a TD, it was sloppy but it was his first preseason game as a starter and I thought he was calm, I was happy with it. At least he knows when to throw it away on a busted play. I did get nervous when the DT had him by the ankles, they should get a veteran QB after the final round of cuts.

cpk1994
08-12-2008, 06:46 AM

consistency is the best thing about sports..Psst. Ryan Grant didn't play. IUts the first game of the PRE season. Chill okay.

cpk1994
08-12-2008, 06:49 AM

Their coverage was terrible, half the time Tony Kornholer was blabbering his man-love for Brett Favre and they were ignoring the game, I wanted to hit him too, Jaws was ok. ARod saw the open receivers and threw for a TD, it was sloppy but it was his first preseason game as a starter and I thought he was calm, I was happy with it. At least he knows when to throw it away on a busted play. I did get nervous when the DT had him by the ankles, they should get a veteran QB after the final round of cuts.I slightly disagree. I think the ESPN bias against the Ppackers management has clouded your judgement of these three. Kornhieser, I agree with you. Jaws and Tirico, I stongly disagree. They wer very complimentrary of Rodgers and went out of their way that Rodgers wasn't at fault on the INT. Jaws, inparticular, was very good. Considering ESPN's biuas the last two months, the fairness shown here was very suprising.

cpk1994
08-12-2008, 06:52 AM
What? Know one here mention anything about the confidence the MM showed with Rodgers and giving him the whole playbook. In the pregame show Johnson and Carter was saying that the Packers would have to strip down there playbook this year with Rodgers. So what does MM do. He has him run a no back set 4 times in this game. He ran the same type plays Favre would run.

Side note: Mike Ditka was the only one saying he thought the Packers would still win the Division. The others where shocked that he took that stand.FIrst of all those two makeing that kind of a statement shows you what ill informed clowns they really are. Rodgers has been here at least as long as McCarthy. There is no reason to stip down the playbook at all.

cpk1994
08-12-2008, 06:54 AM
A-Rod is MM's quarterback of choice so this may be the first time to see his offense run by the book, so to speak.

In spite of the great success last season, this season might actually be MM's breakout season if the defense keeps them in the games and the offense is run efficiently.

Promising start and nice to hear the fans really cheer A-Rod when he was introduced. I hope the rowdy ones will take a clue from the majority and show some balance.

#4 has left the building and ain't coming back.What you had this week were the season ticket holders who are true fans and have class. Big difference over last week where they probably just rounded up all the drunks from all the bars and GB.

SkinBasket
08-12-2008, 07:37 AM

SkinBasket
08-12-2008, 07:39 AM
its pretty simple.. Rodgers went out and played a solid ball game

And then some people start trying to pick apart the 3-4 plays that didn't work and translate them into a wider problem that doesn't exist.

Sparkey
08-12-2008, 07:50 AM

he was a little high on 3 or 4 throws. But generally he was was on target. If a full game, he would settle down. I thought he looked very good overall.

It seems as though thats been a big thing since he's been drafted by us.. Where he holds the ball and where his release point is and how much wasted movement he has... I dunno, just things I've heard, I haven't seen him throw enough to actually look at it

Does no one listen to anything. Jaws said he used to hold it high, like most Tedford coached quarterbacks, but by being taught "old school" how to play the game, his hold point has gradually dropped down to wear it should be. Jaws even demonstrated where he used to hold it and where it is now.

I thought, for a first pre-season game, he was excellent. After all, its not like he has had two and three years to build a bond with all the receivers. As far as the comment about forcing a ball in a tight spot. Favre does that all the time and at times, it also is intercepted. In fact the bounce off the receivers chest into a defender looked exactly like some of Favres picks last year.

It was good that MM went deep to the same side of the field, immediately after missing to Jones. Shows confidence in your players. He also showed the willingness to stand in the pocket and take a hit to let his receivers get open. I thought in the Dallas game, he ran a bit too much at times.

Partial
08-12-2008, 07:52 AM
Let's not get carried away. He wasn't perfect or even great. He put in a solid B performance against a vanilla defense. I am excited to see what he can do when he has an entire half to work with on Saturday.

SkinBasket
08-12-2008, 07:54 AM
Does no one listen to anything.

Oh, you know Paco and his ilk will be looking for something to frown about no matter what when it comes to Rodgers. Poorly informed opinions come from poorly informed people, after all.

Let's not get carried away.

This is great advice for people on both sides of the Great Rodgers Debate.

Sparkey
08-12-2008, 07:55 AM

Are you just jealous that he didn't bounce them off the ground like Grossman does ?

Zool
08-12-2008, 07:57 AM

And if anyone would know what that looks like, it would be a bear fan.

GBRulz
08-12-2008, 07:57 AM
I thought Aaron did pretty damn good. Sure, some of his passes were high and he seemed to lock in on just one receiver, but considering all the pressure he was under, plus it just being the first game, I think he did well.

I'm not sure how the crowd came across on TV, but I was so excited for the kind of reception he got when he came out of the tunnel.

There were #4 jerseys all around me in the stands. Most of them all in the same boat as me...yes, we're a little biased and wanted Favre back, but still support Rodgers 100%.

My biggest concern at this point is IF Rodgers goes down...what follows him. I read a comment on here last week, don't remember from who, that said even with Brohm at backup we'll do just as well because of the talent on this team. Um, no.... this kid is green!!! We need to bring in a vet ASAP!!!

Best thing of the night....not listening to Kornholio and Co
:lol:

The Leaper
08-12-2008, 08:04 AM
Rodgers looked solid. His accuracy was off on a couple...he simply can't miss a wide open receiver 30 yards downfield like he did. However, he did make good reads and didn't have any poor throws in terms of decision making.

We are LOADED at WR. I'm guessing that we will see a lot of 4 and 5 WR sets this season. I just don't see too many teams having the secondary capable of containing our WRs.

Our run defense is a worry at this point.

SkinBasket
08-12-2008, 08:12 AM
His accuracy was off on a couple...he simply can't miss a wide open receiver 30 yards downfield like he did.

I still don't see how hitting a receiver in the hands after he turned awkwardly to look for the ball is "missing him." I suppose Rodgers could have thrown the ball differently to accommodate Jones. Then again, maybe we could hire someone to run down the field with him and tell him how to play the ball, too.

Fritz
08-12-2008, 08:25 AM
My own reaction to that play was that Jones looked like he could've gotten to it. He seemed to misjudge how far it had been thrown.

Sparkey
08-12-2008, 08:31 AM
My own reaction to that play was that Jones looked like he could've gotten to it. He seemed to misjudge how far it had been thrown.

Looks like he stopped running and reached for it. I think if he just continues running under the throw, he catches that ball.

MadtownPacker
08-12-2008, 09:35 AM
Yeah, my impression of the deep pass to Jones was that JJ let up on it. Rodgers put it right where he could catch it in stride for a TD.

Freak Out
08-12-2008, 10:00 AM
They are probably all in Chicago, Minnesota and Detoilet.

prsnfoto
08-12-2008, 10:40 AM

Dumbest post yet award, first for responding to the Bears chump second for stating something that just is not true over and over common dude give it up the hate is retarded like you. I have actually come to terms with the fact all these haters are probably trolls just trying to piss me off. Rodgers played well no hate here hope he wins the SB, actually I hope he wins three.

Harlan Huckleby
08-12-2008, 11:07 AM
Let's not get carried away. He wasn't perfect or even great. He put in a solid B performance against a vanilla defense.

He was composed and efficient under what was (for him) extreme pressure. It was a relief, nobody knew how he would respond. IF this is where he is starting from, I think there is every reason to be excited about the season. I say go ahead and get carrried away.

Noodle
08-12-2008, 11:30 AM
Dumbest post yet award, first for responding to the Bears chump second for stating something that just is not true over and over common dude give it up the hate is retarded like you. I have actually come to terms with the fact all these haters are probably trolls just trying to piss me off. Rodgers played well no hate here hope he wins the SB, actually I hope he wins three.

Look, I don't want to jack the thread, but it I always thought Favre had a knack for putting his receivers in very awkward and dangerous situations. Especially early in his career in big games (like every game against Dallas), Favre would sail balls high all the time -- I can remember one theory was the crown at Texas Stadium was too high. Whatev.

Doesn't matter, though, whether Favre did it too. I want A-Rod to stop doing it. It's tough enough sending guys over the middle, at least put the ball a little lower so that they don't have to expose their bellies to all them coyotes in the secondary.

Overall, good first outing. I was surprised at the number of pass plays. I was also surprised at the trouble the OL was having with the Cincy rush.

cpk1994
08-12-2008, 11:41 AM

Dumbest post yet award, first for responding to the Bears chump second for stating something that just is not true over and over common dude give it up the hate is retarded like you. I have actually come to terms with the fact all these haters are probably trolls just trying to piss me off. Rodgers played well no hate here hope he wins the SB, actually I hope he wins three.Oh really. Antoniio Freeman and the arm he broke would like to talk to you. Robert Brooks and the concussions he suffered would like to talk to you. Don Beebe would like to talk to you. Clearly you are ignorant of history to say Favre never did that.

MadtownPacker
08-12-2008, 01:00 PM
Overall, good first outing. I was surprised at the number of pass plays.I wasn't. McCarthy's ego wouldn't have it any other way. I think it was a good move though. M3 gave him his chance to play with house money and ARod came out a winner. I hope he plays more next week in SF.

sharpe1027
08-12-2008, 01:23 PM
His accuracy was off on a couple...he simply can't miss a wide open receiver 30 yards downfield like he did.

I still don't see how hitting a receiver in the hands after he turned awkwardly to look for the ball is "missing him." I suppose Rodgers could have thrown the ball differently to accommodate Jones. Then again, maybe we could hire someone to run down the field with him and tell him how to play the ball, too.

One of the announcers (I think Jaws) commented (and I agree) that Rodgers had to throw the ball a little early because of the pressure. It looks like Rodgers throws the pass before Jones makes his cut. I think that was the root of the problem. Rodgers didn't know exactly how Jones was going to come out of his break, and Jones had to locate a ball that was already in the air and then adjust his route.

wpony
08-12-2008, 08:43 PM
do we really have any arod haters or is it just more pised at how TT handled it? I dont think most of us hate arod just pissed at TT or question TTs tactics I a glad he had a dececent night anyway I believe Arod will have many more yrs but I still wish farve would have had one more YR but will support Arod as the starter. I am a Brett fan but breath green and gold

Harlan Huckleby
08-12-2008, 09:05 PM
there aren't any Arod haters or Favre haters.

It is just name calling, jostling for position in arguments. I think "Arod hater" got started by the people who were tired of being called "Favre hater." I know you are but what am I sorta deal.

mission
08-12-2008, 09:09 PM

It is just name calling, jostling for position in arguments. I think "Arod hater" got started by the people who were tired of being called "Favre hater." I know you are but what am I sorta deal.

yer kinda rational sometimes

AV David
08-12-2008, 09:12 PM
Harv.. I watched the entire game.. don't need JSonline to feed me a line of dog poo...

Overall Rodgers was very good at the roll outs and short passes of 10-12 yds and below but has a lot to improve on..

and I just wanna make it known that I think Rodgers did play well to a point.. but I'm not drinking the koolaid a lot of others seem to be or want to be drinking yet..

Clearly a glass half empty guy.

Noodle
08-12-2008, 09:21 PM

yeah, 'til he starts dry humping your leg.

mission
08-12-2008, 09:31 PM

yeah, 'til he starts dry humping your leg.

i heard about that ...

sharpe1027
08-13-2008, 09:31 AM

I agree your conclusion that he has some improvement to do, but:

That looked like an intentional throw. You see those comeback throws all the time, especially to tall WRs.

See my post above, besides, that ball hung up in the air. There was definetly enough air under it. Arguably, it was not well placed.

If he catches it cleanly, I think he has time to come down and duck under/into the hit. Instead, he reaches out for the ball as it bounces off his chest and then gets hit as he is extending for the ball.

Deputy Nutz
08-13-2008, 09:37 AM
I have never hated Aaron Rodgers, even when the Packers took him in the first round. They needed a back up QB and a QB to take over for Favre when the time came. He has been at the wrong end of this controversy from the start. He didn't push Favre out, he was just the guy that the Packers have apparently felt ready to start at QB. Rodgers has more pressure on him than any other QB in the game right now, and if he succeeds I think it will be a minor mircle in 2008.

I put my trust in Rodgers, simply because I have no other choice at this point.

Merlin
08-13-2008, 01:13 PM
Anyone who isn't spooning all over Aaron Rodgers is considered a hater. See you are either with everyone or you are a hater. Can't have your own opinion and make obvious observations without being considered a hater. I don't "hate" Aaron Rodgers. I thought picking him was a mistake and I still do. I think he has not progressed as quickly as he should have. He still looks raw to me but is improving. The key is if he can improve enough to keep us competitive, that remains to be seen. I support the Packers which means I support Rodgers as well. But I am a hater because I am not spooning over him.

sharpe1027
08-13-2008, 01:26 PM
Anyone who isn't spooning all over Aaron Rodgers is considered a hater. See you are either with everyone or you are a hater. Can't have your own opinion and make obvious observations without being considered a hater. I don't "hate" Aaron Rodgers. I thought picking him was a mistake and I still do. I think he has not progressed as quickly as he should have. He still looks raw to me but is improving. The key is if he can improve enough to keep us competitive, that remains to be seen. I support the Packers which means I support Rodgers as well. But I am a hater because I am not spooning over him.

I can't say that I am interested in spooning with Rodgers (not that there is anything wrong with that), but like you, I hope he does well. As for his rate of improvement, I think it is really hard to judge based upon limited time in a few preseason games and a few quarters of real action. We'll find out soon enough.

Lumping people into "hater" and/or "kool-aid drinker" groups is not usually a good way of discussing anything. Most people fall somewhere in between such extremes anyway.

MJZiggy
08-13-2008, 07:34 PM
I can't say that I am interested in spooning with Rodgers (not that there is anything wrong with that), but like you, I hope he does well.

I dunno, he does look kinda cuddly...

mission
08-13-2008, 07:35 PM
As long as I get to be the lil spoon ... :hug:

Rastak
08-13-2008, 08:54 PM

That looked like an intentional throw. You see those comeback throws all the time, especially to tall WRs.

See my post above, besides, that ball hung up in the air. There was definetly enough air under it. Arguably, it was not well placed.

If he catches it cleanly, I think he has time to come down and duck under/into the hit. Instead, he reaches out for the ball as it bounces off his chest and then gets hit as he is extending for the ball.

Agree with most points. I would emphasize that the Martin throw was pretty good. If he underthrew him by accident then obviously it was poor, but that's a good throw when a WR has some chemistry with their QB and these guys are not new to each other. I didn't see the replay on the Francies play so I'm not sure who to blame. Right off the bat I blame the WR 75%, not sure on the other 25%. The Jones long pass wasn't horrible, but wasn't laid in there.

Keep in mind folks, it's one preseason game.

mission
08-13-2008, 09:12 PM

Agree with most points. I would emphasize that the Martin throw was pretty good. If he underthrew him by accident then obviously it was poor, but that's a good throw when a WR has some chemistry with their QB and these guys are not new to each other. I didn't see the replay on the Francies play so I'm not sure who to blame. Right off the bat I blame the WR 75%, not sure on the other 25%. The Jones long pass wasn't horrible, but wasn't laid in there.

Keep in mind folks, it's one preseason game.

The intercepted pass initially hit Francies smack on the strings ... you know, the strings in the front of the shoulder pads... where they tie them shits up.

... between the 8 and the 3 on the jersey.

I'm not sure sure it was possible to throw a more accurate pass in that situation. He thread the needle but Francies heard footsteps...

The Gunshooter
08-13-2008, 11:34 PM
That ball got into his chest and bounced off his shoulder pads, right between the 8 and the 3.

SnakeLH2006
08-14-2008, 02:45 AM
He will need to stop locking on to WRs and he also didnt stop throwing high tonight. If he keeps it up he is going to get DD and Jones killed because they dont let up on the ball even in traffic.

I"m growing on the Rod man, but my thoughts exactly...those high throws will kill someone. But fuck Dante, he needs to get with P-Diddy so he can perfect those armrolls in a gay-ass video for 16 year olds.