PDA

View Full Version : Sitton and Barbee should be the starters at guard

rbaloha1
08-11-2008, 09:04 PM
Both of these guys were excellent in pass protection -- strong hands and excellent footwork. Once they lock-on to a pass rusher they were neutralized. Provided enough movement for the run game. TT can draft.

Colledge is clearly a left tackle.

Harlan Huckleby
08-11-2008, 11:18 PM
I agree with all your points.

I saw Barbre on Mike McCarthy's show, the guy looks and sounds like a hillbilly. Somebody asked him what his favorite food in the world was, and he said, "a cheeseburger."

Maybe that's what you want from a mauling guard, don't need no metrosexuals against nose tackles.

Partial
08-11-2008, 11:40 PM
Both of these guys were excellent in pass protection -- strong hands and excellent footwork. Once they lock-on to a pass rusher they were neutralized. Provided enough movement for the run game. TT can draft.

Colledge is clearly a left tackle.

Two words: Pre-season. We'll see how they handle anything but a half-assed bull rush :D

I like the Sitton kid. Seems to be playing very well consistently.

HarveyWallbangers
08-11-2008, 11:51 PM

I saw Barbre on Mike McCarthy's show, the guy looks and sounds like a hillbilly. Somebody asked him what his favorite food in the world was, and he said, "a cheeseburger."

Maybe that's what you want from a mauling guard, don't need no metrosexuals against nose tackles.

A reporter asked Sitton what he looks to do outside of football, and he said "nothing." I like that.

mission
08-12-2008, 03:37 AM
Packer nation?

The guys looked solid tonight... I cant wait to see what some more continuity brings this offensive unit.

It seems like what we witnessed tonight was merely a result of offensive talent. Throw some cohesion and "clicking on all cylinders" in there and wooooo-weeee...

We're going to surprise a lot of people this year if our defensive line and Rodgers holds up. If's but key factors that could cause extreme results on either end ...

Tarlam!
08-12-2008, 04:33 AM
The PassPro was excellent last year. We need guards who will open running lanes. If Barbre and Sitton are the men to do that, I'll support them starting.

I still have my doubts we have such guards on our roster. I hope I get pounded on this post; that would mean I'm wrong, and I hope I am!

pbmax
08-12-2008, 06:52 AM
Sitton allowed one pressure I saw and blew one run blocking on another play. So he's not there yet. I want him to succeed so we get better overall line play, but I wasn't convinced last night. Long way to go, plenty of time to improve.

cpk1994
08-12-2008, 06:59 AM

Maybe that's what you want from a mauling guard, don't need no metrosexuals against nose tackles.As long as he doesn't drink Corona with a lime, Hes good by me.

Carolina_Packer
08-12-2008, 07:32 AM

Maybe that's what you want from a mauling guard, don't need no metrosexuals against nose tackles.As long as he doesn't drink Corona with a lime, Hes good by me.

Perhaps some Quaker State or Penzoil?

The Leaper
08-12-2008, 08:09 AM
I agree with Max...I didn't see anything out there to garner rave reviews last night. It was an OK performance, but there were plenty of errors to correct in our blocking assignments...both linemen and backs.

sharpe1027
08-12-2008, 09:42 AM
I think having Grant will make a big difference. Maybe it is just me, but B. Jackson does not look natural out there. It seems like he gets his shoulders turned early whereas Grant stays a bit more open allowing him to see and hit the cutback.