View Full Version : Despite the fumble is Lumpkin the #3 rb?

rbaloha1
08-11-2008, 10:15 PM
Your thoughts Packers Nation.

Gunakor
08-11-2008, 10:19 PM
Na, even if he didn't fumble he's still the #5 IMO.

1) Grant
2) Jackson
3) Morency
4) Wynn
5) Lumpkin
6) Herron

buchunter03
08-11-2008, 10:35 PM
I have been thinking about this question ever since family night. I like Lumpkin as the #3 or #4 RB. He is definitely better than Wynn who shouldn't make the team this year. It's either Lumpkin or Morency, I like Lumpkin's upside. hopefully that fumble doesn't hurt his chances at making the team.

rbaloha1
08-11-2008, 10:44 PM
I have been thinking about this question ever since family night. I like Lumpkin as the #3 or #4 RB. He is definitely better than Wynn who shouldn't make the team this year. It's either Lumpkin or Morency, I like Lumpkin's upside. hopefully that fumble doesn't hurt his chances at making the team.

Agreed. Morency is not the same player after the injuries. Lumpkin was a highly touted high schooler with moderate success at Georgia. Lost his starting job to injuries along with the emergence of Knowshon Moreno.

Lumpkin is similar to Jackson -- good forward lean, rarely tackled after initial contact, and deceptive power. Hope Lumpkin makes the team.

The Leaper
08-11-2008, 10:46 PM
We need a guy back there who can block though...Grant isn't great at it, and neither is Jackson.

Harlan Huckleby
08-11-2008, 11:08 PM
Na, even if he didn't fumble he's still the #5 IMO.
1) Grant
2) Jackson
3) Morency
4) Wynn
5) Lumpkin
6) Herron

1) Grant
2) Jackson
3) Wynn
4) Lumpkin
5) Morency
6) Herron

MadtownPacker
08-11-2008, 11:30 PM
Unless he makes a habit of coughing up the ball he should be the #3. He has power and might do something big unlike Morency, Herron, or Wynn.

I appreciated how he did not take giving the game away lightly when th camera showed him on the sidelines.

Partial
08-11-2008, 11:38 PM
Money Morency and Bjack are pretty close for #2. The loser of said competition (Morency - by default, not by talent :lol: ) will be #3

Harlan Huckleby
08-11-2008, 11:39 PM
all i care is that Herron and Morency are gone. Either Lumpkin or Wynn are fine for #3, they both have skills, as we say in the hood.

Harlan Huckleby
08-11-2008, 11:41 PM
Money Morency and Bjack are pretty close for #2.

you gotta be joking. Morency is awful. What does he bring to the table? He's certainly no runner. Maybe he is ok as utility back. Why would you use-up a roster spot on a relatively old guy who is going nowhere.

HarveyWallbangers
08-11-2008, 11:53 PM
1) Grant
2) Jackson
3) Morency
4) Lumpkin
5) Herron
6) Wynn

I'm guessing Wynn is gone. He's not talented enough for the Packers to overlook the terrible receiving skills and questionable work ethic.

Partial
08-11-2008, 11:56 PM

you gotta be joking. Morency is awful. What does he bring to the table? He's certainly no runner. Maybe he is ok as utility back. Why would you use-up a roster spot on a relatively old guy who is going nowhere.

He is explosive and very agile. In my mind, he is a better third down back (better blitz pickup and receiver) than BJack.

MadtownPacker
08-11-2008, 11:57 PM
1) Grant
2) Jackson
3) Morency
4) Lumpkin
5) Herron
6) Wynn

I'm guessing Wynn is gone. He's not talented enough for the Packers to overlook the terrible receiving skills and questionable work ethic.Based off your list I think Morency should get the boot too. He hasnt done anything despite several chances the last two season. Give a new guy a chance to make a name for himself. I say TT keeps Lumpkin.

HarveyWallbangers
08-11-2008, 11:59 PM
Based off your list I think Morency should get the boot too. He hasnt done anything despite several chances the last two season. Give a new guy a chance to make a name for himself. I say TT keeps Lumpkin.

Morency did well as a backup two years ago, so let's not exaggerate. Last year, he didn't look good. However, he was injured. He's assignment sure on pass protection. With a young QB like ARod, that's big. Did you see Jackson's blitz pickup? Morency is Noah Herron with solid speed. From what I hear, Morency is healthy and looking solid in camp.

Joemailman
08-12-2008, 12:00 AM

That #3 back has to be able to catch the ball and pick up blitzes. That gives Mo a chance. They were able to keep 4 last year, but that was partly because they kept only 2 QB's. Don't know if they can fit 4 on the roster this year.

MadtownPacker
08-12-2008, 12:01 AM
Morency did well as a backup two years ago, so let's not exaggerate. Last year, he didn't look good. However, he was injured. He's assignment sure on pass protection. With a young QB like ARod, that's big. Did you see Jackson's blitz pickup? Morency is Noah Herron with solid speed. From what I hear, Morency is healthy and looking solid in camp.Two years ago?? Wasnt Hendo still on the team? :lol:

I dont trust Morency to stay healthy and contribute.

Besides Partial thinks he is great. All you need to know.

Joemailman
08-12-2008, 12:04 AM
Based off your list I think Morency should get the boot too. He hasnt done anything despite several chances the last two season. Give a new guy a chance to make a name for himself. I say TT keeps Lumpkin.

Morency did well as a backup two years ago, so let's not exaggerate. Last year, he didn't look good. However, he was injured. He's assignment sure on pass protection. With a young QB like ARod, that's big. Did you see Jackson's blitz pickup? Morency is Noah Herron with solid speed. From what I hear, Morency is healthy and looking solid in camp.

Jackson's blitz pickup? I must have missed it. I know he did. :lol:

Pacopete4
08-12-2008, 12:06 AM
Unless he makes a habit of coughing up the ball he should be the #3. He has power and might do something big unlike Morency, Herron, or Wynn.

I appreciated how he did not take giving the game away lightly when th camera showed him on the sidelines.

I think the main reason for that is because he is tryin so hard to make this team because it means a lot of cash for this guy...

Brohm
08-12-2008, 12:28 AM
The #3 guy, no matter who he is, is going to be whomever is able to best handle blitz pick-ups. As little as Morency and Herron bring as runners, they do handle that aspect of the game well and shouldn't be counted out. Then again, if Jackson improves enough on his pick-ups, it's a moot point and go with a Lumpkin or Wynn who brings a different running style to the mix.

Guiness
08-12-2008, 12:43 AM
1) Grant
2) Jackson
3) Wynn
4) Lumpkin
5) Morency
6) Herron
What the holy heck has Wynn done to deserve your man crush?

Harlan Huckleby
08-12-2008, 11:24 AM
1) Grant
2) Jackson
3) Wynn
4) Lumpkin
5) Morency
6) Herron
What the holy heck has Wynn done to deserve your man crush?

I think Wynn showed a lot of talent last season, a natural runner. I didn't see Wynn play last night, I was listening to 2nd half on radio, but Larry McCarren said Wynn had a good night, said he did effective job blocking and on special teams coverage.

Morency and Herron are guys that you really want to replace. They are plateaued vets who aren't very good, no upside. IF either Lumpkin or Wynn can handle all the fundamentals, by all means give them the #3 job, because they both look more athletic than Dancin Morency or Cement Shoes Herron.

BallHawk
08-12-2008, 11:33 AM
Wynn had rushes of 0, 1, 3, and 6 yards. I prefer my RB to have more than 2.5 YPC. Now, admittedly, I don't like Wynn to begin with, but he hasn't looked worthy of our roster to this point. Not to mention, he also had a 15 yard penalty on special teams.

Without a doubt Jackson is our 2nd best back (how can anyone even begin to argue that he isn't?) That being said, we do need a bit more experience with our RB, especially blocking. If Lumpkin performs great the next 3 games and totally outshines Morency than I think he's worthy of the #3 spot. However, I think we'll end up with Vernand as our #3 RB and we'll try and hide Lumpkin on the Practice Squad.

I'm tired of Wynn. He's never going to be anything more than what he is: a clumsy, out of shape RB with questionable work ethic.

1. Grant
2. Jackson
3. Morency
4. Lumpkin
5. Herron
6. Wynn

Harlan Huckleby
08-12-2008, 11:56 AM
Wynn had rushes of 0, 1, 3, and 6 yards. I prefer my RB to have more than 2.5 YPC.

how many carries do you prefer to see before considering your stat meaningful?

I would be just as happy if Lumpkin made the team. I just want to erase the memory of Morency and especially Herron.