to get cut?

Bolston has really played poorly.

Chris White hasn't been seen.

Jake Allen

Cutting to 65 will be easy.

boiga
08-12-2008, 12:45 AM
Francies bombed.

I'd cut Malone and Muir if we had the depth to get away with it. Those guys were awful against a second rate run game.

HarveyWallbangers
08-12-2008, 12:46 AM
Francies bombed.

I'd cut Malone and Muir if we had the depth to get away with it. Those guys were awful against a second rate run game.

Francies is a non-factor. Muir was a nice story last year, but I think he'll be gone this year--especially with Hunter and Montgomery looking like factors on defense (and not just special teams).

Brohm
08-12-2008, 12:57 AM
They will keep the D-lineman for now due to lack of depth/injuries. Also have to figure that Muir and Bolston are more a UT (thinking CWilliams) as opposed to a stuffer so may not look so hot without a mammoth Pickett/Cole next to him. It would be like having Jenkins and Williams on rundowns in the interior :shock:

Malone is fodder/PS guy if anything.

Pacopete4
08-12-2008, 12:57 AM
Get Francies the hell outta there so we can open up that #83 for a real WR or TE

superfan
08-12-2008, 01:09 AM
I thought Herron did the most to not get cut, and that concerns me. I love the guy's heart, but otherwise don't believe he has the overall skills (mostly I mean speed) to be on an NFL roster.

If I'm keeping 4 RBs, I'm keeping Grant, Jackson, Morency, and Wynn. I don't like Wynn half as much as Herron overall as a player (blocking, assignments, attitude, etc.), but I'll take his upside as a ball carrier over Herron.

Zool
08-12-2008, 07:33 AM
I thought Herron did the most to not get cut, and that concerns me. I love the guy's heart, but otherwise don't believe he has the overall skills (mostly I mean speed) to be on an NFL roster.

If I'm keeping 4 RBs, I'm keeping Grant, Jackson, Morency, and Wynn. I don't like Wynn half as much as Herron overall as a player (blocking, assignments, attitude, etc.), but I'll take his upside as a ball carrier over Herron.

I was saying this same thing. Herron always plays just well enough to not get cut. He's never spectacular but he gets the job done. Might be Grant, Jackson, Herron this year.

Lurker64
08-12-2008, 07:51 AM
Francies definitely didn't do much to support his case, and I'm not sure who was the culprit between Bolston and Malone but the tandem didn't exactly look competent. Brohm was sort of a disaster, but he's not getting cut.

Still, this is preseason game #1 and "how guys rebound" is going to be a large part of who makes the roster.