PDA

View Full Version : Marcus Tubbs...

Pacopete4
08-12-2008, 12:48 AM
was cut by the Seahawks.. I'm tryin to figure out if TT drafted him or not.. 2004 draft... so was it TT and if he did, I wonder if he's thinking about taking a look at him since we are in bad shape at DT

Bretsky
08-12-2008, 12:52 AM
Hasn't he been injured a good portion of the time ?

Pacopete4
08-12-2008, 12:53 AM
Bretsky.. I really don't know the case on the guy.. was the 23rd overall pick though so he has to have some talent

It said he was on injured reserve last year and then cut this year so maybe he just is not getting healthy?... dunno

HarveyWallbangers
08-12-2008, 01:35 AM
He was a Thompson draft pick. He was also a very good player, but he's been injured for two years and I'm sure there's a reason the Seahags cut him.

Carolina_Packer
08-12-2008, 03:43 AM
Perhaps Tubbs was TT's Justin Harrell Seattle style.

SkinBasket
08-12-2008, 07:45 AM
Not really seeing the doom and gloom at DT. There's potential for problems, which doesn't make it any more unique than any other position, I suppose, but other than Harrell's injury it's more likely the fat guys are just trying to get out of working harder than they have to than there is any epidemic at the position that requires signing out of shape cast-offs.

Fritz
08-12-2008, 08:29 AM
Invite him in for a physical. I was more than unimpressed with Connie Bolston and Alfred ("The Butler") Malone.

rbaloha1
08-12-2008, 09:54 AM
The guy is big and talented.

Worth a tryout.

Ballboy
08-12-2008, 10:54 AM
From PFT:

HAWKS DUMP TUBBS
Posted by Mike Florio on August 11, 2008, 3:00 p.m.
The Seattle Seahawks have parted ways with defensive tackle Marcus Tubbs.

Tubbs, a first-round pick in 2004, was having difficulty in the rehab process as a result of knee surgery. The team opted simply to call it quits and move on.

Coach Mike Holmgren hasn’t ruled out bringing Tubbs back if his knee fully recovers, but at this point the team doesn’t see that happening.

Tubbs will immediately become a free agent, and he can sign with any team.

He appeared in eleven games, starting three of them, as a rookie. In 2005, he had eleven starts and thirteen appearances during a regular season that culminated in a berth in Super Bowl XL.

The next year, Tubbs appeared in only five games. He underwent microfracture surgery late in the year, and then had a second procedure in 2007, which caused him to miss the entire season.

“It’s been real hard [Editor’s note: That’s what she said],” Tubbs said earlier this year. “I’m not going to lie to you, I think about it all the time. It’s been pretty much like a year and a half since I’ve really got to play, so it’s really hard.” [Editor’s note: That’s what she said.]

Not sure if we want this. Isn't micorfacture pretty serious and most of the time end careers? Sounds like Tubbs himself doubts that he can return.

Spaulding
08-12-2008, 01:20 PM
Same thing that Greg Oden went through after being drafted 1st overall by the Trailblazers. Oden's on his way back so figure if the surgery is successful and the rehab done correctly it's certainly possible but not a given.

Zool
08-12-2008, 01:42 PM
Amare Stoudemire had it too. He looks to be 100%. Penny Hardaway had it, and he never quite recovered.

Pacopete4
08-12-2008, 02:02 PM
Amare Stoudemire had it too. He looks to be 100%. Penny Hardaway had it, and he never quite recovered.

Are you sayin he is at least worth a look since its shown that you can actually recover from it?

Zool
08-12-2008, 02:09 PM
Doesnt hurt to bring a guy in at a spot where me might have some injury concern. He might be OK in a year.

Pacopete4
08-12-2008, 02:18 PM
Doesnt hurt to bring a guy in at a spot where me might have some injury concern. He might be OK in a year.

Is there a way to bring him in and if he's still hurt or not able to get ready for the season that we can keep him on practice squad or IR and have no other team be able to take him from us?

Zool
08-12-2008, 02:30 PM
I dont think he's PS eligible anymore. I doubt any team takes much of a sniff on him right now. If he can keep himself motivated someone will take a chance on him later in the year when injuries happen.