PDA

View Full Version : The #1 thing that pleased me most about the game ...

mission
08-12-2008, 03:19 AM
Rodgers' willingness to take a sack.

While pacopete is glass half empty on everything offensively first quarter, im sitting there thinking "wow, at least ONE of those would have been an INT last year". obviously we gotta shore up some breakdowns, BJ just cant let him run blind like that, but man ... i HOPE our sack numbers go up this year and idiots misconstrue the statistics to highlight a passblocking/A-Rod deficiency. As long as our T/O ratio improves ...

Hang on to the ball or throw it away. I thought A-rod did a phenomenal job of knowing when to eat it and when to take a chance.

Anyone bitching about that tight throw to (CUT HIM NOW) that resulted in an interception can't claim to want Favre back because that's a play we need our QB to be confident in throwing and one that favre will throw everytime. That is a staple 3rd and long pattern and it's one we have to go after.

Smart football... I sense a season with much more of it.

cpk1994
08-12-2008, 06:57 AM
PacoPete sniffs Favre's jock every day. He'll never give Rodgers any credit becuase his boy wasn't treated like the god that Paco thionks he is. As your your post, I agree and had the same reaction as you. It's also nice having a QB who is willing to run with the ball as well.

Carolina_Packer
08-12-2008, 07:34 AM
You wish you could see him more than just a quarter, but understand that that's the way it goes in pre-season. The third game being most like the regular season, we'll get to see him in action more. I was encouraged by his performance last night and think he will only gain more confidence, especially with a line-up of regulars.

The Leaper
08-12-2008, 07:51 AM
Wow.

The best you can come up with after last night's game was that you are glad Rodgers can take a sack?

GBRulz
08-12-2008, 08:12 AM
It's also nice having a QB who is willing to run with the ball as well.

How many rushing yards did he have for the night? I don't recall seeing him run the ball at all, but then again, I did miss a play here and there and you don't get all the cool replays in the stands, like you do on TV!

Fritz
08-12-2008, 08:26 AM
Nobody got hurt as far as I could tell.

That made me happy.

I'm also glad that Cali didn't have an earthquake yesterday, and that a tornado didn't occur here in Michigan.

taylor 31
08-12-2008, 08:38 AM
One thing I learned last night was,we still have the best QB in the NFC north,and Frisco picked the wrong guy!

BZnDallas
08-12-2008, 09:27 AM
well the knot in my stomach is at least starting to unravel after watching the game last night... it still has a way to go as does AR... but its a start... one thing i found myself NOT doing last night was holding my breath when AR got hit... when brett was in there, everytime he got hit or sacked i held my breath hoping he would get back up and hold on to the ball... for some reason i didn't feel that way last night... i know brett never got hurt and AR is what some would call 'injury prone', but call it playing the averages... thats just how it felt to me... other than that i thought there were some good things and things to improve on... its going to be a fun year thats for sure!!

:!: 8-)

Pacopete4
08-12-2008, 09:29 AM
PacoPete sniffs Favre's jock every day. He'll never give Rodgers any credit becuase his boy wasn't treated like the god that Paco thionks he is. As your your post, I agree and had the same reaction as you. It's also nice having a QB who is willing to run with the ball as well.

Did you read anything I said on Rodgers? ... or do you just like to be a complete idiot all the time? I said Rodgers played a solid game but unlike you, I don't just look at his stat line and say he played like an elite QB... he made mistakes, its going to happen... just because people comment on them, does not mean I'm comparing them to Favre nor saying I hate Rodgers nor saying that I don't support him... so fuckin, relax...

pbmax
08-12-2008, 09:43 AM
And back on topic. I liked Rodgers arm. I don't think I have ever seen (or at least noticed) his arm look that strong. He also made it a point to stay in the pocket.

I liked Jackson's running, I think he will be a good number 2. Jackson and Morency might also make a screen work yet this year.

There should be a Lumpkin exception where every team is allowed to carry an extra Lumpkin on the roster. I don't know if it was the scrubs he played against, but he always seems to do something positive.

Liked Barnett and most of the coverage with three exceptions.

boiga
08-12-2008, 09:56 AM
And back on topic. I liked Rodgers arm. I don't think I have ever seen (or at least noticed) his arm look that strong. According to Driver, his arm's might be stronger than Brett's at this point:
Receiver Donald Driver said recently that the 220-pound Rodgers throws the ball harder than Favre and with less touch on short and medium routes, something he never would have said three years ago. http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=781738

So you weren't the only one that noted his improvement in arm strength. Rodgers had a couple of impressive lasers last night. Not many people in the league throw harder than Brett at any distance.

Freak Out
08-12-2008, 09:57 AM
Nobody got hurt as far as I could tell.

That made me happy.

I'm also glad that Cali didn't have an earthquake yesterday, and that a tornado didn't occur here in Michigan.

No significant injuries and the guys got some good work in. That's all you can hope for.

Chevelle2
08-12-2008, 10:07 AM
He also threw the ball away a couple times.

cpk1994
08-12-2008, 01:04 PM

How many rushing yards did he have for the night? I don't recall seeing him run the ball at all, but then again, I did miss a play here and there and you don't get all the cool replays in the stands, like you do on TV!IT wasn't yardage of significance but he did try to run a couple of times as he stepped up in the packet which Favre refused to do at all the last few seasons.

MadtownPacker
08-12-2008, 01:12 PM

How many rushing yards did he have for the night? I don't recall seeing him run the ball at all, but then again, I did miss a play here and there and you don't get all the cool replays in the stands, like you do on TV!IT wasn't yardage of significance but he did try to run a couple of times as he stepped up in the packet which Favre refused to do at all the last few seasons.Actually I prefer that Rodgers not try too fast to run and based off of last night I think that is the case. He is paid to throw. If he has to run then he has to but making it a habit might end up getting him destroyed by a LB. I dont see M3 exposing him to that just yet. The play calling last night showed M3 trust ARod's arm.

Didnt Favre have a few decent runs last season? I doubt Rodgers will want to run it at 38 yr old either.

The Leaper
08-12-2008, 01:16 PM
IT wasn't yardage of significance but he did try to run a couple of times as he stepped up in the packet which Favre refused to do at all the last few seasons.

So you muct think Peyton Manning is a complete waste at QB as well.

cpk1994
08-12-2008, 01:57 PM
IT wasn't yardage of significance but he did try to run a couple of times as he stepped up in the packet which Favre refused to do at all the last few seasons.

So you muct think Peyton Manning is a complete waste at QB as well.It has nothing to with that. It has to do with the fact that too many times Brett could have WALKED for a first down and instead he throws the ball. The one play thata stciks in my head is he could have run foir 20 additional yards, but just as he gets to the LOS, he fires what was practically a sideways pass 10 feet over Robert Fergueson's head. What I want is that when a running lane is wide open I want the QB to run, not make idiotic throws.

Pacopete4
08-12-2008, 01:59 PM

So you muct think Peyton Manning is a complete waste at QB as well.It has nothing to with that. It has to do with the fact that too many times Brett could have WALKED for a first down and instead he throws the ball. The one play thata stciks in my head is he could have run foir 20 additional yards, but just as he gets to the LOS, he fires what was practically a sideways pass 10 feet over Robert Fergueson's head. What I want is that when a running lane is wide open I want the QB to run, not make idiotic throws.

I want a HOF QB again.. thats what I want... but we don't always get what we want I guess....

cpk1994
08-12-2008, 02:00 PM

I want a HOF QB again.. thats what I want... but we don't always get what we want I guess....Waah Waah Waah. He's gone. GET OVER IT!

Pacopete4
08-12-2008, 02:01 PM

I want a HOF QB again.. thats what I want... but we don't always get what we want I guess....Waah Waah Waah. He's gone. GET OVER IT!

Why do you get to say what you want.. and others cant? :roll:

cpk1994
08-12-2008, 02:07 PM

Why do you get to say what you want.. and others cant? :roll:I don't sit here in a thread about Rodgers complaining that Favre isn't here and making no contribution of substance pertaining to the thread topic. My desire is a hope that a player who IS ON THE TEAM doesn't repeat the idotic mistakes of his predessor. We have all moved on. It appears that your lips are too attached to Brett's ass to do the same.

MOBB DEEP
08-12-2008, 02:09 PM
standn o for #12 and the glee he displayed

cheesner
08-12-2008, 02:10 PM

You have gotten to say what you want.

Problem is you KEEP SAYING IT. Agree or not, at least CPK is analyzing aspects of ARs performance.

Pacopete4
08-12-2008, 02:15 PM

Problem is you KEEP SAYING IT. Agree or not, at least CPK is analyzing aspects of ARs performance.

Hold up a second.. he called me out in this thread for Brett Favre shit that I haven't said... in the actual thread about the game I did analyze Rodgers performance without mentioning #4... but since I love Favre way more than Rodgers, douche bag thinks he can just keep calling me out on it

Pacopete4
08-12-2008, 02:17 PM

Why do you get to say what you want.. and others cant? :roll:I don't sit here in a thread about Rodgers complaining that Favre isn't here and making no contribution of substance pertaining to the thread topic. My desire is a hope that a player who IS ON THE TEAM doesn't repeat the idotic mistakes of his predessor. We have all moved on. It appears that your lips are too attached to Brett's ass to do the same.

Where... in any of the posts from last night can you find a mention of me complaining that Favre wasn't there? You are making shit up cuz I don't think letting go of Favre was a good idea... other people can have a different opinion of things bud... just keep my name outta your posts, thanks

mission
08-12-2008, 04:48 PM
Wow.

The best you can come up with after last night's game was that you are glad Rodgers can take a sack?

Yeah! "WOW!"

Did you read passed the first line, jackass?

There's a lot more to it then "taking a sack" ... that symbolizes a lot and I'm excited to see what other differences in decision making we see (or dont see/notice) this year.

Tyrone Bigguns
08-12-2008, 05:03 PM

I want a HOF QB again.. thats what I want... but we don't always get what we want I guess....

Ty could care less if we have a HOF QB. Ty wants to win the SB. The two aren't mutually exclusive..unless suddenly the HOF is opening the door to trent dilfer, brad johnson, Mark Rypien, Doug Williams, etc.

Time to grow up and realize that favre is gone and that we don't need him anymore.

Pacopete4
08-12-2008, 05:06 PM

Ty could care less if we have a HOF QB. Ty wants to win the SB. The two aren't mutually exclusive..unless suddenly the HOF is opening the door to trent dilfer, brad johnson, Mark Rypien, Doug Williams, etc.

Time to grow up and realize that favre is gone and that we don't need him anymore.

are u serious buddy... I guess the Patriots don't need their HOF'er, how bout that Colts?... get a clue

mission
08-12-2008, 05:12 PM

are u serious buddy... I guess the Patriots don't need their HOF'er, how bout that Colts?... get a clue

pete -- aren't you tired of looking developmentally disabled everytime you post/we go over this/you get owned on the topic?

im not sure where you have been over the last 10 years or so .. but we HAD an HOF quarterback ...

"if you dont like what you're getting out of life, change what you put into it"

the same kinda thing ... i dont see any new rings after the god man reggie's big run.

Tyrone Bigguns
08-12-2008, 05:32 PM

Yes, i'm serious. You dont' need a HOF to win the SB...and that is the goal and point. It is great if you have one, but it isn't a necessary.

But, you make my point for me..thanks. Manning has one exactly 1 SB..same as doug williams, dilfer, etc. :oops:

Pacopete4
08-12-2008, 05:33 PM
I'm only getting owned in the eyes of dumb Packer fans that think we are going to be better off this season without him... come talk to me in week 10 and we'll see if your tune has changed

Tyrone Bigguns
08-12-2008, 05:35 PM
I'm only getting owned in the eyes of dumb Packer fans that think we are going to be better off this season without him... come talk to me in week 10 and we'll see if your tune has changed

We didn't win the SB last year...if we dont' win it this year...same.

I'm willing to take that bet.

MOBB DEEP
08-12-2008, 05:35 PM

Hold up a second.. he called me out in this thread for Brett Favre shit that I haven't said... in the actual thread about the game I did analyze Rodgers performance without mentioning #4... but since I love Favre way more than Rodgers, douche bag thinks he can just keep calling me out on it

just get on board with the jets bro....u can support two teams in this free country....

mission
08-12-2008, 05:37 PM

yeh week 10 matters... the hand out half the SB trophy...

you've become "ok" with not winning a super bowl i think

Pacopete4
08-12-2008, 05:38 PM

just get on board with the jets bro....u can support two teams in this free country....

I am going to start following the Jets this season.. no reason not to.. Pack will always be my #1 but its completely absurd to pretend everything will work out just fine letting a player go of that caliber...

Pacopete4
08-12-2008, 05:39 PM

We had/have a better chance at that super bowl with #4...

we wouldn't even of been at Lambeau in the NFC champ game if it hadn't of been for his amazing QB play last season

mission
08-12-2008, 05:39 PM

I am going to start following the Jets this season.. no reason not to.. Pack will always be my #1 but its completely absurd to pretend everything will work out just fine letting a player go of that caliber...

yeah we were SO FUCKED in march when we retired...

RashanGary
08-12-2008, 05:40 PM

How much help was that high caliber player in 2005? It's a team, Paco.

Pacopete4
08-12-2008, 05:41 PM
[quote:11179cf801="cpk1994"]IT wasn't yardage of significance but he did try to run a couple of times as he stepped up in the packet which Favre refused to do at all the last few seasons.

yeah we were SO FUCKED in march when we retired...[/quote:11179cf801]

Back in March when he did retire I was pissed because we are really close to getting there.. now we've taken steps backwards... hopefully just not too many backwards that all this talent doesn't go to waste

Pacopete4
08-12-2008, 05:42 PM

and I understand that.. but you still need a QB

and you if you can't admit that we wouldn't be near 13-3 last season without Brett, boy o boy

MOBB DEEP
08-12-2008, 05:42 PM

we wouldn't even of been at Lambeau in the NFC champ game if it hadn't of been for his amazing QB play last season

STAY STRONG PACO

RashanGary
08-12-2008, 05:43 PM

and I understand that.. but you still need a QB

and you if you can't admit that we wouldn't be near 13-3 last season without Brett, boy o boy

I think having good QB play was a part of last seasons success just like good ST's, defense and running game play in the last half of the season. I think we'll have good QB play again in 2008. There will be little drop off and by the end of the season this team might be better than last years team.

Pacopete4
08-12-2008, 05:44 PM

STAY STRONG PACO

I'm gonna... and I honestly do hope all these posters can come throw this all in my face this season... but I really can't see it... and come week 10 if we stink, I don't even think I'll be on this board throwing it in their face because I will be completely disgusted with TT and #4 with the whole damn situation...

RashanGary
08-12-2008, 05:51 PM
In the last 3 years Brett Favre had 66 TD's and 62 interceptions. How will we ever replace that type of mediocrity?

Pacopete4
08-12-2008, 05:53 PM
In the last 3 years Brett Favre had 66 TD's and 62 interceptions. How will we ever replace that type of mediocrity?

I would LOVE... absolutely LOVE to see how Arod or any other QB other than Manning or Brady handle those shit teams Favre was stuck on... even the Sherman years he didn't have a very good team surrounding him...

Lurker64
08-12-2008, 05:55 PM
You know what we need to do? Stop fighting about Favre. It's in the past. Right now the product on the field is the only thing that matters, and Favre isn't going to have any effect on the product on the field (for the Packers) going forward.

Pacopete4
08-12-2008, 05:55 PM
You know what we need to do? Stop fighting about Favre. It's in the past. Right now the product on the field is the only thing that matters, and Favre isn't going to have any effect on the product on the field (for the Packers) going forward.

Agreed...

Noodle
08-12-2008, 06:14 PM

Wait, did I miss something? He's not coming back? Ever?

What's the point in even playing anymore?

The Gunshooter
08-12-2008, 08:58 PM
Well it's not the #1 thing but I loved the way Rodgers ran the draw play. It faked me out of my recliner.

Harlan Huckleby
08-12-2008, 09:13 PM
My favorite part of the game was watching Madtown squirm. He started out picking at Rodgers, "bad mechanics", "threw some balls high, gonna get the receivers killed", "scruffy beard."

But then slowly he started saying more and more positive things. You could almost watch him go through the grief cycle over the loss of Favre and his replacement by Rodgers: Shock, Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression, Acceptance

mission
08-12-2008, 09:18 PM
My favorite part of the game was watching Madtown squirm. He started out picking at Rodgers, "bad mechanics", "threw some balls high, gonna get the receivers killed", "scruffy beard."

But then slowly he started saying more and more positive things. You could almost watch him go through the grief cycle over the loss of Favre and his replacement by Rodgers: Shock, Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression, Acceptance

I'd love to see that. lol

Serious question: are you guys a gay couple? I dont have any information to indicate that, and "not that there's anything wrong with that", but I'm curious (informationally curious, that is ...) ...

GBRulz
08-12-2008, 09:49 PM

Yeah, sorta like our GM with his 25-23 record. Hard to replace that kind of mediocrity, eh, JH? :roll:

Bretsky
08-12-2008, 09:55 PM

Yeah, sorta like our GM with his 25-23 record. Hard to replace that kind of mediocrity, eh, JH? :roll:

Perfect examples of how anybody can twist stats if they get to pick their specific time frame :!: :idea:

But a good comeback GBM :!: :!:

Getting back to the point of the thread I was most pleased with the play of Aaron Rodgers

mraynrand
08-12-2008, 10:08 PM

Serious question: are you guys a gay couple? I dont have any information to indicate that, and "not that there's anything wrong with that", but I'm curious (informationally curious, that is ...) ...

This has to be one of the all-time funniest posts.

pbmax
08-12-2008, 10:15 PM
The 2001 and 2002 teams would beg to differ here. Injuries might have hurt us in the playoffs in ought 2, but 12-4 doesn't happen to not very good teams.

I would LOVE... absolutely LOVE to see how Arod or any other QB other than Manning or Brady handle those shit teams Favre was stuck on... even the Sherman years he didn't have a very good team surrounding him...

Chevelle2
08-12-2008, 10:17 PM
Shit team Favre was on?

From 1997-2007, the playoff teams he was averaged 11.56 wins per year.

pbmax
08-12-2008, 10:18 PM
Not a funny joke. Forget I was here.

mission
08-12-2008, 10:19 PM

Well at least you documented your presence. Good work.

Harlan Huckleby
08-12-2008, 10:21 PM
pbmax is having a heavy flow month

mission
08-12-2008, 10:26 PM

Those are always good for a couple blowjobs at least.

Harlan Huckleby
08-12-2008, 10:38 PM

Those are always good for a couple blowjobs at least.

I can't speak for pbmax, but I think you're being a little presumptuous. How about starting with dinner and a movie.

cpk1994
08-13-2008, 02:48 AM
Where... in any of the posts from last night can you find a mention of me complaining that Favre wasn't there? You are making shit up cuz I don't think letting go of Favre was a good idea... other people can have a different opinion of things bud... just keep my name outta your posts, thanksI was talking about this this thread, asshat. Remember your "I wanna HOF QB" post? GO to a Jets forum if you want to slurp Favre's salami. As for the packers and this forum I say again, HE'S GONE. GET OVER IT!

cpk1994
08-13-2008, 02:49 AM

STAY STRONG PACO

I'm gonna... and I honestly do hope all these posters can come throw this all in my face this season... but I really can't see it... and come week 10 if we stink, I don't even think I'll be on this board throwing it in their face because I will be completely disgusted with TT and #4 with the whole damn situation...Why don't you save us the trouble and leave now?

Tarlam!
08-13-2008, 03:48 AM
Why don't you save us the trouble and leave now?

Don't be asking posters to leave. I hate Mobb's posts. All of them. I hate the way he abbreviates the English language. But, I don't want him to leave.

No poster not named Tank should ever leave. Tank should be banished to Pluto. Mazzin with him.

pbmax
08-13-2008, 07:44 AM
Can we keep Mazzin's avatar though?

/dirty old man

Don't be asking posters to leave. I hate Mobb's posts. All of them. I hate the way he abbreviates the English language. But, I don't want him to leave.

No poster not named Tank should ever leave. Tank should be banished to Pluto. Mazzin with him.

Zool
08-13-2008, 07:46 AM
Can we keep Mazzin's avatar though?

/dirty old man

Haute av's ftw!

pbmax
08-13-2008, 07:53 AM
Not very clear was I? :lol:

I edited and deleted the joke that was in that post as after I posted it and read it again, I realized it was very unfortunate. And in worse taste than usual.

Well at least you documented your presence. Good work.

cpk1994
08-13-2008, 07:53 AM

No poster not named Tank should ever leave. Tank should be banished to Pluto. Mazzin with him.You are right of course. He is just pissing me off with his constant bitching and moaning about Favre.

Bretsky
08-13-2008, 08:02 AM

Don't be asking posters to leave. .

ditto

Packgator
08-13-2008, 09:34 AM
[we wouldn't even of been at Lambeau in the NFC champ game if it hadn't of been for his amazing QB play last season

Or the running game. Or the WR play. Or the defensive play. Or the coaching. Etc. Etc. Etc.