PDA

View Full Version : l. coles is INSANE!!!

MOBB DEEP
08-12-2008, 05:18 PM
WR says, because he's such good friends with pennington, he isnt fielding Qs from the media pertaining to the jet's acquistion of #4....WHAT, why wouldnt he endorse an upgrade given his position (WR)?

in fact, who's to say chad would've started anyway??? he was in a QB competition b4 the trade

he got mad when, after lord favre overthrew him in practice yesterday, a fan yelled "chad couldnt throw it that far!" he responded with an F-bomb toward the fan...REALLY??!! So he's dissn the media AND the fans who pay his salary??

btw, he left Chad himself to come here to DC for the money so he should understand the buisiness aspect as much as anyone

UPGRADE!!!

falco
08-12-2008, 05:19 PM
what u talking about willis

MOBB DEEP
08-12-2008, 05:20 PM
lol

mission
08-12-2008, 05:21 PM
umm....

boiga
08-12-2008, 05:22 PM
uhm... Mobb, a lot of us really don't care whether a Jets receiver prefers his current or former QB.

Any chance that you could simply start a Favre in New York thread and isolate Jets commentary and speculation there?

Freak Out
08-12-2008, 05:28 PM
There are no rules about someone starting a billion threads about the pre-season game when there is a thread started to discuss it. Read the forum rules and regulations.

MOBB DEEP
08-12-2008, 06:03 PM
umm....

reading ur sig mission, i would think at least YOU would be interested in jets camp info. SERIOUS info btw

i'll be the conduit for those who are interested in #4 08-09

boiga, maybe i'll start a thread and keep all the jets posts there

Lurker64
08-12-2008, 06:09 PM
I still think starting a "New York Favres" subforum wouldn't be a bad solution. That way we can start as many Favre threads as we want, and they don't get mixed in with the Packer threads. Those who want to avoid Favre stuff can not click there, and those seeking Favre stuff can gravitate there. Everyone wins!

boiga
08-12-2008, 06:10 PM
boiga, maybe i'll start a thread and keep all the jets posts there Thanks, that'd be cool of you.

There are certainly people here who want to hear about that kind of news... but for others the wound is still fresh and the excessive attention to our former superstar can be grating.

Zool
08-12-2008, 07:31 PM
he got mad when, after lord favre overthrew him in practice yesterday, a fan yelled "chad couldnt throw it that far!" he responded with an F-bomb toward the fan...REALLY??!! So he's dissn the media AND the fans who pay his salary??

What would you do if someone talked shit about one of your best friends? I'm not saying its right but its understandable.

mission
08-12-2008, 07:34 PM
can someone just start an OFFICIAL NYJ FAVRE THREAD and we keep all the posts in there? i definitely wanna check in here and there but i dont want the forum to digress into a watered down version of a favre forum with some packer news.

i personally am a fan of the green bay packers but also want favre to do well in ny. i just want rodgers to do better. he is the green bay packers quarterback, like it or not ... if threads like this one are considered "acceptable" then where does the line get drawn and how far does it go by week 10 when favre has 40 touchdowns and blahzayblah.

Harlan Huckleby
08-12-2008, 08:56 PM
as Packer fans, we do have an interest in seeing the JEts get in the playoffs - better draft pick for GB.

mission
08-12-2008, 08:58 PM
as Packer fans, we do have an interest in seeing the JEts get in the playoffs - better draft pick for GB.

so can we put it in a thread then?

and sticky it so clowns dont start new threads and all of that...

moderators: get to moderating!! :D

LEWCWA
08-12-2008, 11:41 PM
what a bunch of cry babies. Christ who gives a shit.

mraynrand
08-13-2008, 12:02 AM
what u talking about willis

http://images.packers.com/images/history/story/rhodes_ray.jpg

Deputy Nutz
08-13-2008, 08:34 AM
I will post and start threads when ever the fuck I want to about Brett Favre or the New York Jets. Now piss off.

Zool
08-13-2008, 08:42 AM
I will post and start threads when ever the fuck I want to about Brett Favre or the New York Jets. Now piss off.

Thats because you have moon sand in your panties.

Deputy Nutz
08-13-2008, 08:46 AM

It is actually quite refreshing as it molds around your balls, gives cooling effect.

Zool
08-13-2008, 08:49 AM

It is actually quite refreshing as it molds around your balls, gives cooling effect.

Like a mostly natural heat sink.

MadtownPacker
08-13-2008, 10:55 AM
Normally, unless it is a NFC North team, I would be saying WTF to Jets news too but in this case I think it is obvious people are going to be interested in what Favre does. Unless you plan on not watching any sports shows or news I think it is a sure thing that you are gonna hear about it. Like when you watch Packers games. :D

Zool
08-13-2008, 11:19 AM
National
Favre
League

boiga
08-13-2008, 11:30 AM
Normally, unless it is a NFC North team, I would be saying WTF to Jets news too but in this case I think it is obvious people are going to be interested in what Favre does. Unless you plan on not watching any sports shows or news I think it is a sure thing that you are gonna hear about it. Like when you watch Packers games. :D That's more or less the problem.

Jon Stewart even got in a good dig at the MSNBC guest on the Daily Show for having spent 15 minutes of airtime watching Brett get out of a plane. But then again, he's a Giants fan.

It sounds like Glazer got what he deserved for breaking the Jets trade in the first place : http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8437724
Finally, after 13 hours, one phone charger, five massages, three meals and countless passes past Disney characters, I had my pot of gold at the end of the rainbow and the world had their news. Now if only every reporter had to go through that to write a puff piece on Favre's fumble lap...

Fritz
08-13-2008, 01:06 PM
I guess I'm thinking that maybe Coles would welcome a trade to GB. We could use another wide receiver here in GB.

boiga
08-13-2008, 02:42 PM
Considering this thread is already here and I was partly responsible for hijacking it, here's a gift to the OP:

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/08/13/favre-coles-clear-the-air/

FAVRE, COLES CLEAR THE AIR

Posted by Michael David Smith on August 13, 2008, 11:18 a.m.

Jets wide receiver Laveranues Coles hasn’t talked to the media since the team released his friend Chad Pennington and traded for Brett Favre.

But Favre did talk to the media after this morning’s practice, and he said that he and Coles have had a good conversation in which Favre told Coles he hoped they could have a good relationship, even if Coles wishes Pennington were still his quarterback.

“I said, ‘I heard you’re not talking to the media, I understand you don’t want to say anything good about me’,” Favre said, recounting his conversation with Coles. “He said, ‘No, it’s not that.’”

Favre said he told Coles that he understands that he and Pennington had a close friendship and that he hopes that friendship continues, but that he also hopes he and Coles can develop a rapport. Favre sounded optimistic about his relationship with his new teammate.

Although it’s understandable that Coles wanted to play with Pennington, Coles of all people should understand that the NFL is a business, and the Jets made a business decision — just like Coles made the business decision to leave for the Redskins in 2003, and just like Coles made the business decision to threaten a holdout if the Jets wouldn’t restructure his contract this year.

As for Favre, he sounded nothing but positive notes, calling coach Eric Mangini a “great guy” and saying, “I am happy to be here. I really am.”

Scott Campbell
08-13-2008, 02:47 PM
As for Favre, he sounded nothing but positive notes, calling coach Eric Mangini a “great guy” and saying, “I am happy to be here. I really am.”

Maybe Coles doesn't like the idea of him lobbying management for Randy Moss as a teammate.

I'm guessing that even Favre knows they aren't about to put up with his crap over there. I wonder if he got a separate wing in their locker room? I'm betting his days as a pampered Diva are over, even though the media will still flock to him.

The Leaper
08-13-2008, 02:48 PM
I'm guessing that even Favre knows they aren't about to put up with his crap over there. I wonder if he got a separate wing in their locker room?

He's going to hold off on making a decision to return next year until they rename the new Jets stadium after him.

cpk1994
08-13-2008, 02:48 PM

Maybe Coles doesn't like the idea of him lobbying management for Randy Moss as a teammate.

I'm guessing that even Favre knows they aren't about to put up with his crap over there. I wonder if he got a separate wing in their locker room?NO, but TT did send over Favre's locker in the trade.

SnakeLH2006
08-14-2008, 02:56 AM
WR says, because he's such good friends with pennington, he isnt fielding Qs from the media pertaining to the jet's acquistion of #4....WHAT, why wouldnt he endorse an upgrade given his position (WR)?

in fact, who's to say chad would've started anyway??? he was in a QB competition b4 the trade

btw, he left Chad himself to come here to DC for the money so he should understand the buisiness aspect as much as anyone

UPGRADE!!!

Actually that shit is funny as hell, but then again isn't LC just a glorified Antonio Chatman in a best case scenario world? Get over it LC you bitchboy cuz if Favre ices you out, then you don't get any more oversaturated contracts....Too funny, at least the lame drama is with the New York Bretts now instead of the team in GB.