PDA

View Full Version : The Blitz Attack 678

Anti-Polar Bear
06-15-2006, 09:14 AM
This is the defense that won me 500+ gms in Madden.

.............................FS

..................................FS
......................SS.......LB.........SS
CB.....................LB DE DT LB............CB

Basically, you blitz 8 and play man to man and keep 1 safty deep. This deense is all about speed.

Anti-Polar Bear
06-15-2006, 09:50 AM
note: I have edit the orginal post so you can have an idea of the formation. I would like to add arrows to show blitzes but i am not a computer geek.

Anti-Polar Bear
06-15-2006, 11:17 AM
What? Nobody Cares? This is as innovative as anything out there. The most important player on this defense is the deep FS, who must be able to react quckly against both the run and the pass. He need not worry about play actions since 8 men are blitzing, which would discrounge playactions. Michael Huff comes to mind.

If the offense uses 3 wr, you blitz 7, if 4, you play zone and blitz 7. I should be defensive cordinator of the Packers.

Partial
06-15-2006, 11:38 AM
That would never, ever work in nfl. Lets be realistic here, if you simulate one season of franchise mode in madden, Nick Barnett jumps to the second or third best middle linebacker in the league every time. Madden is far from realistic, but super fun.

I myself use a wide variety of teams and defenses. The 4-6 is pretty darn amazing in madden if you have fast linebackers like Nick Barnett.

I also like playing a 4-3 and keeping my safeties deep in a cover 2 and switch between assorted zones and man coverage for the rest of the players. Can anyone guess what team runs that scheme!?!?

beakerman
06-15-2006, 12:52 PM
yeah, i usually start off first down running the 4-6, and depending on the loss of yardage or yardage gained, i through in a nickel for 2nd, and if its 3rd and what ever, i go the a 3 man line and drop 8 into coverage, always a nice INT

beakerman
06-15-2006, 12:54 PM
although, every so often when the game gets in the mode that no-matter what you do, it is going to go up and down the field... ah madden what would life be like with-out

Merlin
06-15-2006, 12:58 PM
This is the defense that won me 500+ gms in Madden.

.............................FS

..................................FS
......................SS.......LB.........SS
CB.....................LB DE DT LB............CB

Basically, you blitz 8 and play man to man and keep 1 safty deep. This deense is all about speed.

Everyone I have played in Madden with few exceptions that blitzes 8, I burn with a short slant or short vertical route that usually averages 10-20 yards per catch. If they get to Favre too soon, I slow them down with sweeps to the weekside with Franks in motion.

Anti-Polar Bear
06-15-2006, 01:38 PM
Everyone I have played in Madden with few exceptions that blitzes 8, I burn with a short slant or short vertical route that usually averages 10-20 yards per catch. If they get to Favre too soon, I slow them down with sweeps to the weekside with Franks in motion.

You should play me somtimes. I'll put the CBs in bump and run coverage if you constantly throw slants. I like to play as the deep FS, where i can do everything, cover deep, run up to stop the run. FS is the most imprtant position in footabll. Wish Michael Huff is a packer so i can play as him for the 07 version.

The point is, but blitzing 8 or 7, you are clogging up all the gaps, allow the FS to make plays. Plus, it force the qb to throw the ball faster, causing ints.

Tarlam!
06-15-2006, 01:42 PM
FS is the most imprtant position in footabll.

Actually, the Center is the most important position in football, since without him being there, the ball would be lying on the ground, waiting to be snapped.

There is no "MV-Position" in the game. Some positions have a bigger and more transparent impatc, but all 11 guys need to do O.K. for a team to win on either side of the ball.

Bossman641
06-15-2006, 02:33 PM
If that is the formation that you use every play, I would just use a single back, 3 WR set, keep the RB and TE in to block and then beat you deep with the outside WR's or on a slant with the slot WR. Or i could just bring in a Big formation and ram the ball down your throat for 4 yards at a time.

Are you good at Madden Tank? I seem to remember you saying on JSO that it took you a long time before you got your first online win.

Bossman641
06-15-2006, 02:36 PM
That would never, ever work in nfl. Lets be realistic here, if you simulate one season of franchise mode in madden, Nick Barnett jumps to the second or third best middle linebacker in the league every time.

Glad I'm not the only one who has noticed that. After two seasons Barnett turns into like a 97 with ridiculous speed.

I think Wist must have done the "potential" rating for Barnett. :mrgreen:

Partial
06-15-2006, 02:36 PM
since I adopted the play every play from the i-formation (2 receiver, 2 backs, tight end), I am undefeated. I run about 6-7 plays offensively only. Thats the key, just get really, really good at them!!

Anti-Polar Bear
06-15-2006, 02:41 PM
Are you good at Madden Tank? I seem to remember you saying on JSO that it took you a long time before you got your first online win.

I've gotten good. My record online as of now is 543-420 with a 9% DNF rate (I play as the Packers 95% of the time). I am also on level 18. I wouldve gotten a better record and be on a higher level but had to take lots of loss due too opponents freezing the game by taking a safety and then do nothing but wait til i lose patient and turn off the moitor, slowing down the gm by fucking with the conection, and computer malfuntion or cheating by others (i hate it when i am beating a higher ranked opponent, who quits, only to find out the computer had gave me a loss.

I could kick your ass today.

CaptainKickass
06-15-2006, 04:32 PM
I usually use the I formation with two WR's left and a good mix of I form Big as my base. I also use singleback trips in the 8-20 yard range if I need to go that far for the first down. I'll also use Shotgun 4WR to mix it up.

My real offensive secret is having my audibles programmed to be the same formations as mentioned above. Then it's all about psych - you think I'm gonna run, and I throw, conversely - you think I'm gonna throw and then I run.

Defensively - I primarily use the Bates type D - bend but don't break.

Nickle/nickle strong base package, lots of man coverage using the bump 'n' run usually gets what I need.

The funniest thing I've noticed on D is in the red zone - if I come out in the goal line package and then audible it to a 4-3 man or a cover 2 nickle and blitz a backer with the DB's in bump 'n' run - it's either a FG for them or a turnover for me, INT, fumble recovery or turnover on downs.

I've also found the 15 yd facemask button.

Anti-Polar Bear
06-15-2006, 06:33 PM
Captian, unless you have Randy Moss and Ashley Lelie on your team, I bet i can stop your O with nothing but the 4-3 and Nickle "Enage Eight," which is simply another term for blitz attack 678. I came up with blitz attack 678 because I will be blitzing 6,7 or 8 players. After chosing enage eight, i will bring up the SS into the box to cover the TE or blitz him and have the FS spy on the TE. I mixed it up by using the playmaker button to put certain supposedly blitzing players into coverage to create confusion.

The FS is the most important player for this type of defense; must be able to make plays on RBs and cover well. Having good CBs also help. Collins is ok. Caroll sucks. Wish i have Ed Reed and Champ Bailey. Have problem stopping Ashlie Lelie, even with Harris covering him. Have to cease running this type of d against Moss/

I should be d cordinator.

Partial
06-15-2006, 07:03 PM
Tank, if you did that against me I would literally crush you. It would not be pretty. Alas, my xbox is modded though, so I have no xbox live.

Anti-Polar Bear
06-15-2006, 07:08 PM
Tank, if you did that against me I would literally crush you.

Yeah, right. I didnt win 500 gms for nothing.

CaptainKickass
06-16-2006, 04:58 PM
I dunno Tank.

I've destroyed guys who use the engage 8 too often. Last time I set it up so that I was using the frickin' Flea Flicker play to destroy this one guy who did nothing but blitz. I scored 10 TD's in that game.

You should enter the madden challenge and see some 10 yr old whoop up on you. It'll even set you back 10 bucks.

chain_gang
06-16-2006, 06:50 PM
Hey if it works for you APB great, it seems the main thing in madden as stated above is to master a few plays and with those plays you learn every tendency your players have. Now I'm also a blizter, I like the Quarters 3 Deep D with the, damn the name escapes me now, but the mlb blitzes, and the nickel and dime CB blitz. When the opponents realize the play I change it up, to where only one of the CB's blitzes, and they don't have the time to react to which one I put in deep coverage, likewise I'll change up the MLB and drop him into zone once in a while and just bring the corners. My experience has been it works great in a passing situation except against a two TE set, especially if it's Gates. He's seems to out jump every CB or S I have. Damn him.