PDA

View Full Version : thank god

pasquale
08-12-2008, 10:42 PM
i dont really post much, just really been reading and skimming over the past year or so. regardless...

i just wanted to say...

THANK GOD THIS FORUM IS BACK TO NORMAL
:glug: :glug: :glug:

mraynrand
08-12-2008, 10:43 PM
i dont really post much, just really been reading and skimming over the past year or so. regardless...

i just wanted to say...

Probably another Favre hater.

Harlan Huckleby
08-12-2008, 10:44 PM
civil wars are usually the bloodiest

pasquale
08-12-2008, 10:45 PM

i just wanted to say...

Probably another Favre hater.

nice try :wink:

Zool
08-12-2008, 11:35 PM

QFT. The drama is past and there's quite a bit of actual football talk going on.

mission
08-13-2008, 03:39 AM

QFT. The drama is past and there's quite a bit of actual football talk going on.

ya the board is ungay now.

SkinBasket
08-13-2008, 06:24 AM
hey, can we get [gay] and [/ungay] tags? Maybe it would look like:

[Packerblues=gay]Blah blah blah.[/ungay]

pbmax
08-13-2008, 06:52 AM
Just what are you saying?

Favre.

Zool
08-13-2008, 07:48 AM
If anyone was playing a drinking game during the game Monday where you had to drink when a certain former QB's name was mentioned, you're probably dead from alcohol poisoning.

Deputy Nutz
08-13-2008, 08:48 AM
I still hate 70-84% of all the posters on here. I can't wait to see how this season plays out.

Bretsky
08-13-2008, 06:29 PM
I still hate 70-84% of all the posters on here. I can't wait to see how this season plays out.

Still OK to go to the nudy bar with me ?

I'd bet I'm with the 30%

Scott Campbell
08-13-2008, 06:37 PM
I still hate 70-84% of all the posters on here.

I find those numbers to be kind of low.

bobblehead
08-13-2008, 06:45 PM
If anyone was playing a drinking game during the game Monday where you had to drink when a certain former QB's name was mentioned, you're probably dead from alcohol poisoning.

Actually I just passed out after 1Q, how did the second stringers play?

mission
08-13-2008, 06:59 PM

I know where I fall!!!! :knll:

I like maybe 6-8 people here. they make me chuckle and i actually have a lot of respect for what they (usually) have to say. Another 20 I have no problem with at all and they contribute good conversaton ... and the other <whatever> I just think are completely oblivious to common sense, football understanding and general intellect.

Me? I like to stir the pot.

I also like to own suckas.

And I'm not here to make any friends. Friends just "happen".

SkinBasket
08-13-2008, 07:18 PM

Now there's something you can rest the ol' balls on.

SnakeLH2006
08-14-2008, 02:50 AM

I know where I fall!!!! :knll:

I like maybe 6-8 people here. they make me chuckle and i actually have a lot of respect for what they (usually) have to say. Another 20 I have no problem with at all and they contribute good conversaton ... and the other <whatever> I just think are completely oblivious to common sense, football understanding and general intellect.

Me? I like to stir the pot.

I also like to own suckas.

That is my agenda exactly, though, my diciest posts are when I'm doing the Favre drinking game....(fun to look back at a day later and see what I posted :lol: but overall most cats on here on passionate one way or the other, which is why I disowned Packerchatters and came here (I think the Arrigo and Randolph inside info's on Reggie Bush to GB draft day shit did it in for them). :roll:

Harlan Huckleby
08-14-2008, 11:36 AM
overall most cats on here

http://www.gmmy.com/crooners/sammy/SAM1.JPG

Deputy Nutz
08-14-2008, 02:14 PM

I'd bet I'm with the 30%

Are you a turn coat muthafucka?

Do just shit on a guy because you disagree with him, and forget what he has meant to the franchise?

If you answer "no" to both of those questions then yes big props at the nudy bar

Speaking of Nudy Bars, did you see my post in the romper room?

sheepshead
08-14-2008, 02:56 PM

sniff sniff, here I thought I was special all along.

:bs:

gex
08-14-2008, 02:57 PM

I'd bet I'm with the 30%

Are you a turn coat muthafucka?

Do just shit on a guy because you disagree with him, and forget what he has meant to the franchise?

If you answer "no" to both of those questions then yes big props at the nudy bar

Speaking of Nudy Bars, did you see my post in the romper room?

According to Harlan, no one around these parts has ever uttered a disrespectful word about him.(except the voices in our heads) :roll:

mmmdk
08-14-2008, 03:03 PM
Why is there no thread on the AJ Hawk injury? McCarthy said Hawk wouldn't even play if it were regular season! :shock: Say it ain't so (bad)?

gex
08-14-2008, 03:10 PM
Which brings me to a point.

Is/was there ever anybody in your life that you looked upon with great respect and admiration(parent, political figure, jesus, anybody)because they were a good person and did the right thing for half or all of your life.

Then a few people start disrespecting that person and try convincing everybody that he/she is a pos.

It's not cool and it's not right.

Anyways thats my outlook on things, go ahead and flame away.Srry to speak my mind outside the designated area.

Tyrone Bigguns
08-14-2008, 03:14 PM

Is/was there ever anybody in your life that you looked upon with great respect and admiration(parent, political figure, jesus, anybody)because they were a good person and did the right thing for half or all of your life.

Then a few people start disrespecting that person and try convincing everybody that he/she is a pos.

Anyways thats my outlook on things, go ahead and flame away.Srry to speak my mind outside the designated area.

Yes. I have always respected those who cheat on their significant other, are a drunk, like to get into bar fights, get addicted to pain killers, etc.

Those people are definitely my role models.

mission
08-14-2008, 03:15 PM

This isn't Martin Luther King Jr. here, dude ... this is a guy who started a shitload of games and threw a ton of touchdown passes. He didn't save the rainforests, invent an alternative to the combustion engine or put food on your table. He never sat down and gave you advice on raising your children or what to do when your wife banged your brother.

I hope and pray that you're able to differentiate between a great sports figure and influential figures in your life.

If you can't, I'm sorry... Big Brother, Big Sisters will take you.

Here's a tissue ...

Zool
08-14-2008, 03:20 PM

Yes. I have always respected those who cheat on their significant other, are a drunk, like to get into bar fights, get addicted to pain killers, etc.

Fuckin Ty. We agree twice in a week? The guy is a football player not Ghandi. Might want to get some new priorities if a football player is important to your life.

Harlan Huckleby
08-14-2008, 03:25 PM

Favre tried to use his celebrity status and an ugly media campaign to force the Packers to take him back as a starter or release him from his contract so he could play for the Vikings. It was FAvre that was not cool, not right.

"a few people" didn't suddenly start disprespecting Favre. Favre acted in a disgraceful manner, he brought the bad feelings on himself.

Are you EVER going to get over this, gex?

Why do you keep fighting this fight, and then blame the "haters" who respond?

I really think most people just want to forget the whole incident.

Tyrone Bigguns
08-14-2008, 03:32 PM

Fuckin Ty. We agree twice in a week? The guy is a football player not Ghandi. Might want to get some new priorities if a football player is important to your life.

I attribute it to you gettin smarter. :wink:

cpk1994
08-14-2008, 05:07 PM

1. No he won't. Favre worshipers will never do that.

2. I agree with your post. Spot on.

boiga
08-14-2008, 05:31 PM

i just wanted to say...

:glug: :glug: :glug: .... Me thinks you spoke too soon.

Scott Campbell
08-14-2008, 06:28 PM

I know exactly what you mean. I was a huge fan of Ken Lay, and Elliot Spitzer, and John Edwards and Richard Nixon, and Benedict Arnold and Judas. It's just plain wrong that people are doggin my heroes.

MJZiggy
08-14-2008, 06:51 PM
Gex,

(remember you brought this upon yourself...) You're comparing Brett Favre to the people you listed in your post? Like people who run the world, JESUS???? are you kidding me? I'm an agnostic, but you're comparing friggin Brett Favre to JESUS???? Are you kidding me??? You're putting him on the same level as your parents in your life???? (well he did screw around a lot in the 90's so anything's possible, but still. Get a hold of yourself, girl!!

He is a FOOTBALL PLAYER. He's not god and if he were, his arm wouldn't be fatigued, now would it?

Favre was a great player for the Packers, there's no doubt about it, but his time with this team is over. The ending was ugly, but it's in the past now, as is the best of his career. He will not be better than (or even as good as) he was in the 90's ever again. Some people here are willing to accept that fact. You need to as well. He doesn't play for us any more. Let him go.

Tyrone Bigguns
08-14-2008, 07:18 PM

I know exactly what you mean. I was a huge fan of Ken Lay, and Elliot Spitzer, and John Edwards and Richard Nixon, and Benedict Arnold and Judas. It's just plain wrong that people are doggin my heroes.

Judas got a bad rap..just like Favre.

RashanGary
08-14-2008, 07:23 PM

Why? What are you going to do?

mission
08-14-2008, 07:25 PM
Gex,

(remember you brought this upon yourself...) You're comparing Brett Favre to the people you listed in your post? Like people who run the world, JESUS???? are you kidding me? I'm an agnostic, but you're comparing friggin Brett Favre to JESUS???? Are you kidding me??? You're putting him on the same level as your parents in your life???? (well he did screw around a lot in the 90's so anything's possible, but still. Get a hold of yourself, girl!!

He is a FOOTBALL PLAYER. He's not god and if he were, his arm wouldn't be fatigued, now would it?

Favre was a great player for the Packers, there's no doubt about it, but his time with this team is over. The ending was ugly, but it's in the past now, as is the best of his career. He will not be better than (or even as good as) he was in the 90's ever again. Some people here are willing to accept that fact. You need to as well. He doesn't play for us any more. Let him go.

:lol: :lol: :lol: nice on zigz...

and gex is a chick?! OMG BBQ A/S/L?!HOTORNOT?

:oops:

:smk:

Deputy Nutz
08-14-2008, 07:43 PM

Why? What are you going to do?

Umm, what am I going to do? Most likely watch football, and post on here about all the really interesting things that have effected Packer Nation this past summer and their impact on the 2008 season. It will be fun.

Deputy Nutz
08-14-2008, 07:46 PM

Please spew the knowledge and sources of these accounts? Pain Killers got it, bar fight, sure got into one that he refers to in his book, cheats on significant other??? Favre and Deanna had their ups and downs and break ups, but as far as factual claims, court appearances, I think Favre is more upstanding in this regard than 95% of all professional athletes. Mind you, he is no AC Green, but then who is? A lot of this you over expose to make your point.

Deputy Nutz
08-14-2008, 07:49 PM

This isn't Martin Luther King Jr. here, dude ... this is a guy who started a shitload of games and threw a ton of touchdown passes. He didn't save the rainforests, invent an alternative to the combustion engine or put food on your table. He never sat down and gave you advice on raising your children or what to do when your wife banged your brother.

I hope and pray that you're able to differentiate between a great sports figure and influential figures in your life.

If you can't, I'm sorry... Big Brother, Big Sisters will take you.

Here's a tissue ...

I simply idolized the way he played the game, I could care less what the man did with his life off the field. He was never arrested, caught cheating on his family, or gambling on sport. Not that any of it mattered, because I truly idolized the way he played the game and the things he did on the field.

Chevelle2
08-14-2008, 07:50 PM
He was never arrested

Pretty sure he was arrested after that bar fight in 92.

bobblehead
08-14-2008, 07:55 PM

Nah, you gotta be on new meds...first I thought it was my meds, but now zool is giving you props too...share brother, it must be good stuff.

bobblehead
08-14-2008, 07:59 PM
He never sat down and gave you advice on raising your children or what to do when your wife banged your brother.

High five your brother for exposing her for what she is and get a divorce...I don't need brett favre to tell me that.

mission
08-14-2008, 08:06 PM
He never sat down and gave you advice on raising your children or what to do when your wife banged your brother.

High five your brother for exposing her for what she is and get a divorce...I don't need brett favre to tell me that.

He's just doing it for the family.

Can't keep the old lady around when she's capable of those kind of acts.

Tyrone Bigguns
08-14-2008, 08:39 PM

Please spew the knowledge and sources of these accounts? Pain Killers got it, bar fight, sure got into one that he refers to in his book, cheats on significant other??? Favre and Deanna had their ups and downs and break ups, but as far as factual claims, court appearances, I think Favre is more upstanding in this regard than 95% of all professional athletes. Mind you, he is no AC Green, but then who is? A lot of this you over expose to make your point.

Bar fights..regardless of his book..he was very open early in his career that when he was home that getting drunk and getting into bar fights was "fun." Doesn't bother me a bit. Some guys like to get in fights.

Cheats: more upstanding than 95%..where do you get your info? You don't like my statements, but you throw 95% of the athletes under the bus.LOL

Brett was notorious for his alley catting around. Deanna was going to leave him unless he figured it out.

Who said anything about when married? So, what is the point of court appearances...i said significant other.

You think that Favre, Chewy, etc...were just throwin back a few? LOL I have first hand accounts of their behavior.

Now, when she was his girlfriend/sig other...some would say that it is all good because they arent' married. That is your call...some say it would matter.

But, what we do know is that I left out...bearing children out of wedlock.

The point wasn't that brett is good or bad...but, gex stating that he was someone to be admired because he was a good person and did the right thing.

Bar fights: Not the right thing
Cheating: Not the right thing
Children: Not the right thing...but, we can let that slide in today's relaxed environment...just make sure we don't catch anyone here making jokes about illegitimate kids. BTW, he sure didn't marry deanna right away.
Addition: Not the right thing

Let's get serious.

Tyrone Bigguns
08-14-2008, 08:43 PM

Nah, you gotta be on new meds...first I thought it was my meds, but now zool is giving you props too...share brother, it must be good stuff.

No meds. Just agitprop from B.O. Turned my life around.

I will be happy to share...just listen to him, comrade.

HarveyWallbangers
08-14-2008, 08:45 PM
Children: Not the right thing...but, we can let that slide in today's relaxed environment...just make sure we don't catch anyone here making jokes about illegitimate kids. BTW, he sure didn't marry deanna right away.

Let's get serious.

Dude was young back then. At least, it sounds like he grew up and got his act together--which a lot of guys don't do. Especially those that are rich and famous. I can respect a guy that screws up, admits it, and then does something about it.

RashanGary
08-14-2008, 08:48 PM
I have no problem with any of Brett's human weakness. Hell, it's part of why I like him. My problem is with the way he treated the team and his teammates. He thought he was so far above the team that he was the only one who didn't have to show up for any of the offseason work and then he could just waltz right in to his starting job. Worse yet, he tried to stir an ugly public relations war to get his way and still hid behind his awe shucks, I"m just being sincere front.

The guy may have been a great player for a long time and done a lot of good things on the field. He may be an example of someone with immense human weakness that overcame it to succeed. He may be a lot of good things that I and many others can relate to but at the end here, he was just a big f'in headache in my opinion.

pasquale
08-14-2008, 08:54 PM
soooo....how 'bout that phelps fella?

Scott Campbell
08-14-2008, 09:22 PM
He thought he was so far above the team that he was the only one who didn't have to show up for any of the offseason work and then he could just waltz right in to his starting job.

I'd have respected him more if he did show up right away, prior to all the media circus. But no, he had to let his Mom and Brother and Mort do all his dirty work. And then he sent Ted an unretirement text message - too cheezy even for the Packer nation. A frigg'n text message.

Tyrone Bigguns
08-14-2008, 09:51 PM

Let's get serious.

Dude was young back then. At least, it sounds like he grew up and got his act together--which a lot of guys don't do. Especially those that are rich and famous. I can respect a guy that screws up, admits it, and then does something about it.

Harv,

I have no problem with anything he did. I'm not here to judge his life.

The point was that gex stated:

Gex is making brett out to have been someone he isn't. What i loved about brett was that he was a loveable rogue..the gunslinger. And, like you i can appeciate someone who gets their life together..tho, who really knows what goes on in other people's lives.

Deanna described brett during 95 as, "loud, rough, and often hateful." And said he ignored both her and HIS DAUGHTER.

P.S. He wasn't that young when he was a vike addict. ANd, let's not whitewash the story. He went in because he had a seizure while undergoing some relatively minor surgery...bone chips and spurs.

Also, let's not forget that he balked at entering rehab. That he didn't want to comply with the demands of the NFL addiction counselors who wanted him to stop drinking.

And, what do you know...3 or so years later...deanna is going to leave because he has a drinking problem. Rehab for the 2nd time.

GrnBay007
08-14-2008, 11:21 PM

You ask why he keeps "fighting this fight". I could ask the same. Why can't someone say something favorable about Favre or report on his progress with the Jets without many here flipping out on them? If people don't want to read about Favre, skip over it. No need to disrespect people.

Everyone should be able to forget the "incident" and still be able to post their thoughts. Favre was a huge part of the Packer organization for a long time...it's foolish to think people can't be Packer fans and still want to see Brett Favre succeed this season. The wounds are still fresh on both sides....give it time. But cut the anger and disrespect.

I have to wonder how much of the anger is just because Favre is no longer a Packer, period. No longer a Packer = lash out.

GrnBay007
08-14-2008, 11:23 PM

Let's get serious.

Great point Harv.

You know what they say about people that live in glass houses....
I guess most here are PR are flawless :roll:

Harlan Huckleby
08-15-2008, 01:22 AM
You ask why he keeps "fighting this fight". I could ask the same. Why can't someone say something favorable about Favre or report on his progress with the Jets without many here flipping out on them? If people don't want to read about Favre, skip over it. No need to disrespect people.

Fine, I agree, if people are still ragging on Favre, then they should cut it out too. I haven't seen much of that. My sense is gex was getting digs in over old wounds.

I have to wonder how much of the anger is just because Favre is no longer a Packer, period. No longer a Packer = lash out.

I see very little anger or lashing out. Just a couple posts from one person who missed the Civil War and needed to get his 2 cents in.

I suspect 95% of forum members wish Favre well (if only to get that higher draft pick :D ) and just want to put the July madness in the rear view mirror. And if some people don't like Favre, well so what, that's no biggy.

GrnBay007
08-15-2008, 01:33 AM
I see very little anger or lashing out. Just a couple posts from one person who missed the Civil War and needed to get his 2 cents in.

I suspect 95% of forum members wish Favre well (if only to get that higher draft pick :D ) and just want to put the July madness in the rear view mirror. And if some people don't like Favre, well so what, that's no biggy.

Take your sunglasses off HH....way more than 1 person lashing out.

AND.....yeah, if some people DO like Favre, well so what, that's no biggy, right??

I appreciate the peace keeper MOBB that started a Favre thread to keep the whiners happy, however, the Packer forum is for football related topics. Favre = football. Get over it, right?

Harlan Huckleby
08-15-2008, 01:46 AM
you fail to appreciate that the so-called "Favre haters" are Favre fans too, for the most part. He acted like an ass recently, but most people understand the extreme circumstances and wish to forgive and forget.

You speak of the people who DO like Favre as if they are some tiny, persecuted religous sect.

Lets face it, there were winners and losers in this saga. The people who thought FAvre had become a drag are likely pleased at the outcome. Its those who are unhappy with the outcome who want to keep fussin and fightin, for the most part.

Tyrone Bigguns
08-15-2008, 04:27 PM

Let's get serious.

Great point Harv.

You know what they say about people that live in glass houses....
I guess most here are PR are flawless :roll:

Of course all of us have made mistakes. But, we aren't going around talking about ourself other others as being "good people" who have done right all the time.

That is the point. Gex is ridiculous.

No one here is a Favre hater..well, they mite not like certain behaviors, but they dont' hate him. And, they admire what he did on the field.

But, when you start putting him in the jesus category or your parents..or as someone to be admited for their righteousness...then, you gotta expect people to call you on your post. Doesn't mean that i dont' like favre..i've long been one of his biggest apologists/enablers...but, that doesn't mean i'm blind.

RashanGary
08-15-2008, 04:44 PM
you fail to appreciate that the so-called "Favre haters" are Favre fans too, for the most part. He acted like an ass recently, but most people understand the extreme circumstances and wish to forgive and forget.

You speak of the people who DO like Favre as if they are some tiny, persecuted religous sect.

Lets face it, there were winners and losers in this saga. The people who thought FAvre had become a drag are likely pleased at the outcome. Its those who are unhappy with the outcome who want to keep fussin and fightin, for the most part.

This is spot on, and then they complain about how both sides are throwing punches.

I've rarely posted on the FAvre stuff. Hell, newer posters don't even include me in the Favre hate group but old posters think I'm spamming the board based in their blind emotional hate of all things anti-Favre.

I do want him to fail because I think he needs humility but I've been a big fan over his career adn I do not hate him. I just don't love everythign about him like some and when I draw a line people act like I'm calling him satan.

RashanGary
08-15-2008, 04:46 PM
Favre lovers = spitefull and emotion driven

Favre realists = rational and calm

Partial
08-15-2008, 05:05 PM
You're such a dumbass it is incredible.

RashanGary
08-15-2008, 05:16 PM
You're such a dumbass it is incredible.

Angry, name calling, spitefull.

Yep, fits the Favre lover description pretty well.

gex
08-15-2008, 11:25 PM
Aren't you the kid that got into a fight at family night? :oops:

SnakeLH2006
08-16-2008, 12:01 AM
Aren't you the kid that got into a fight at family night? :oops:

Hahhaaa....Over a T-shirt granted. Wow, that is classy shit for the young'en's to see. Didn't know the pheromones from A-rod's tee would incite thee as such....as that is obviously physical attraction, not emotion.

JH's Favre bashing is Ghandism.
Support of Favre is emotional driven drivel.
Classic. :roll: :roll:

GBRulz
08-16-2008, 02:38 PM
I guess I don't see where Gex is comparing Favre to Jesus. Gex asked if there was ANYBODY that you looked upon with great admiration or respect and then gave examples. No where did Gex say that Favre is Jesus. At least that isn't how I read it, at all.

So many of you just love to take the smallest things about any Favre supporters in here and run with them. and then for someone to comment about how they brought this on themselves? That comment was beyond uncalled for. People should be able to say whatever they want on here without getting flamed for it. Unless their name is Woody or JH :lol: lol

This forum really could use a good courtesy flush. Lots of people lately doing nothing but name calling and disrespecting other people.

Harlan Huckleby
08-16-2008, 04:20 PM
shutup, whore

Rastak
08-16-2008, 04:31 PM
shutup, whore

She's kinda right about the place heading down the tubes. 8000 threads about nothing, endless name calling, a guy responding to every single post in the history of the board weather it's warrented or not.

Setup up an offical thread to discuss something? No problem, let's just keep starting new threads on the same subject.

BallHawk
08-16-2008, 04:36 PM
I think we need to have a thread and talk about our feelings. I'll provide coffee and Oreos.

Who wants to mediate the meeting?

cpk1994
08-16-2008, 04:53 PM
I think we need to have a thread and talk about our feelings. I'll provide coffee and Oreos.

Who wants to mediate the meeting?I'll bring the beer.

BallHawk
08-16-2008, 05:01 PM

You sure you don't want to bring a few handguns as well? :lol:

The idea of the meeting will be promoting togetherness, not getting all the Rats wasted and watching them all make passes at the EC Gals.

cpk1994
08-16-2008, 05:03 PM

You sure you don't want to bring a few handguns as well? :lol:

The idea of the meeting will be promoting togetherness, not getting all the Rats wasted and watching them all make passes at the EC Gals.I figure Tyrone will bring the guns. :lol:

Rastak
08-16-2008, 05:03 PM

Real beer, not American mass market piss water.

cpk1994
08-16-2008, 05:04 PM

Real beer, not American mass market piss water.Miller Lite all the way.

pasquale
08-16-2008, 05:10 PM
left hand milk stout

Rastak
08-16-2008, 05:50 PM

Now there is a finely crafted beer, very traditional, nice finishing hops and then the brew master pisses in it. Let's make it a BYOB.

esoxx
08-17-2008, 12:18 AM
This forum really could use a good courtesy flush. Lots of people lately doing nothing but name calling and disrespecting other people.

No kidding. This place has turned into JS Lite.

GrnBay007
08-17-2008, 11:30 PM

No kidding. This place has turned into JS Lite.

Yep. And good posters like you esoxx are needed to take it back.

If people only knew how stupid and juvenile they looked when they disrespect others.

Freak Out
08-17-2008, 11:44 PM

If you live in Wisconsin I have no idea how you could drink anything but New Glarus.

Deputy Nutz
08-17-2008, 11:48 PM
I will bring the swift kick to the nuts.

GBRulz
08-17-2008, 11:50 PM
I will provide you with a list :wink:

BallHawk
08-17-2008, 11:52 PM
Where and when will this take place?

GB, you willing to open up your house for the Rats? And your Wii?

digitaldean
08-18-2008, 12:06 AM

If you live in Wisconsin I have no idea how you could drink anything but New Glarus.

Belgian Red or Spotted Cow and I'm in!!!

digitaldean
08-18-2008, 12:12 AM
I understood the strong feelings that everyone had on the Favre vs. the Packers situation.

But the personal cuts, juvenile name-calling, etc. vs. fellow Rats was pretty loathsome.

The personal cuts against Favre and TT/M3/Mark Murphy were equally below the belt.

Some days, I think Mad had to just pull his hair out and keep from nuking a lot of threads altogether. I doubt if I could have kept from blowing my lid.

Not to get too sappy, but we do need to mend some fences here. Otherwise the PR site will descend into JSO's depths and the poster's game is going to be more than a little contentious.

Freak Out
08-18-2008, 12:21 AM

That stuff is very rare this far north but a friend gave me a bottle of the "unplugged" Wisconsin red. :tup: :tup: :knll: :knll: :five: :bump: :bclap: :wow: :smk: :glug: :worship: :wave:

GrnBay007
08-18-2008, 12:49 AM

That stuff is very rare this far north but a friend gave me a bottle of the "unplugged" Wisconsin red. :tup: :tup: :knll: :knll: :five: :bump: :bclap: :wow: :smk: :glug: :worship: :wave:

^^ now that's a guy that really gets excited about his beer. :D

BallHawk
08-18-2008, 01:29 AM
I understood the strong feelings that everyone had on the Favre vs. the Packers situation.

But the personal cuts, juvenile name-calling, etc. vs. fellow Rats was pretty loathsome.

The personal cuts against Favre and TT/M3/Mark Murphy were equally below the belt.

Some days, I think Mad had to just pull his hair out and keep from nuking a lot of threads altogether. I doubt if I could have kept from blowing my lid.

Not to get too sappy, but we do need to mend some fences here. Otherwise the PR site will descend into JSO's depths and the poster's game is going to be more than a little contentious.

Damn right, DD. We did have some poster quaralls before the Favre saga, but those were either political or relatively minor. A lot of them now are from relatively new posters that got involved with the Favre debacle. I'm not gonna name names, but they know who they are. We've got some great new posters, I mean I think guys like boiga have been good additions. But the people that just throw insults and swear at each other, that's what makes this forum like JSO.

But what can be done? Mad's in a tough spot. You want to give your posters freedom, but you don't want to have chaos. Tough.

mission
08-18-2008, 01:59 AM
Win.

That's all that can be done.

In other words: nothing.

The better the team does, the better the vibe is around here.

Hell, the better my life in general is. Sad, I know ...

Iron Mike
08-18-2008, 02:21 AM
Let's get serious.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/12/17658182_b00b17d959.jpg

Iron Mike
06-13-2011, 11:26 PM

i just wanted to say...

Welcome to the club.......

woodbuck27
06-21-2011, 08:26 AM
civil wars are usually the bloodiest

Harlan you have 14,426 Posts and your seldom here. How'd you do that? Your like Jesus.

woodbuck27
06-21-2011, 08:29 AM
^^ now that's a guy that really gets excited about his beer. :D

Yaa! Damn!! What would his reaction be if he could drink some 'really good' Canadian beer? Like a Moosehead Pale Ale.