PDA

View Full Version : Mea Culpa: "Orange" Junius Coston

Fritz
08-13-2008, 03:55 PM
Okay, okay, okay.

I was a staunch defender of Robert Ferguson for a few years ("Just wait til he gets healthy! Just wait til he learns the system!") and by golly, I was wrong. He is - I love this phrase - just a guy.

And now it seems I am wrong about my man Junius. I thought, being as he was so young and all, that he'd develop. But it seems that is not happening.

He's the backup center, but when Wells went down, did they plug ol' Orange in there? Uh, no. They called on Jason Spitz and slid Coston over to right guard.

Oh, wait. They slid Spitz to center and plugged in....a rookie right guard.

It's not looking good, Junius ol' buddy ol' pal. You were supposed to come busting out of the gate this year, but you seem to have simply busted.

Tyrone Bigguns
08-13-2008, 04:00 PM
Don't sweat it..you've been wrong so many times we can't keep track. :wink:

Fritz
08-13-2008, 04:02 PM
1. Robert Ferguson

2. Junius Coston

3. The women I've married

4. David Carr

Tyrone Bigguns
08-13-2008, 04:08 PM
1. Robert Ferguson

2. Junius Coston

3. The women I've married

4. David Carr

Damien Woody. :wink:

BTW, i'm with you on Carr.

Having lived in the TB area...poorly run clubs can ruin even the best prospects. Steve Young, a HOF, looked as bad as randy wright.

Harlan Huckleby
08-13-2008, 04:19 PM
weren't you in the DeShawn Wynn Fan Club too, Fritz?

AtlPackFan
08-13-2008, 04:19 PM
4. David Carr

I think David Carr was the victim of being thrown to the Lions before being ready or before having the talent around him to support him. You wonder if it would have turned out better if he could have backed someone up for a few years like Rodgers.

I mean what would have happened to Steve Young if he had not gone to San Fran, or worse, stayed in Tampa. Those were bad times for Tampa. Heck, what would have happened to Favre if Wolf hadn't rescued him from Atlanta and if Holmgren wasn't there to mentor???

You never know what role fate plays in ones success or failure.

Joemailman
08-13-2008, 04:27 PM
Junius, we hardly knew ye.

taylor 31
08-13-2008, 04:47 PM
Don't feel bad Fritz.I whiffed completely on all three of the women I married.

Deputy Nutz
08-13-2008, 05:12 PM
Deserves Coston right for marrying that bitch!

Scott Campbell
08-13-2008, 05:24 PM

Maybe he'll have to cancel her cell phone service when he gets cut.

Fritz
08-13-2008, 05:58 PM
weren't you in the DeShawn Wynn Fan Club too, Fritz?

What? De-Who? Never heard of the guy.

Damn you, Blue Dog...

HarveyWallbangers
08-13-2008, 09:35 PM
I'd like to see Bretsky man up and give some mea culpas.

boiga
08-13-2008, 09:39 PM
Coston had a bad night tonight at practice :
Backup center Junius Coston had two botched exchanges with quarterback Brian Brohm during team drills. On one, it was unclear who was to blame for the fumbled snaps, but on the second miscue, Coston clearly was at fault when he lofted a shotgun snap over Brohm's head. http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/ic/blogs/insider/index.shtml

Yeah, he might be on his way out if Sitton can handle the RG job.

BallHawk
08-13-2008, 09:39 PM
Carr was a good QB. Led the league in completion percentage. He was just the victim of a bad team.

The Shadow
08-13-2008, 11:01 PM
And Tony Moll seesm to be making a comeback.

bobblehead
08-14-2008, 01:22 AM
4. David Carr

I think David Carr was the victim of being thrown to the Lions before being ready or before having the talent around him to support him. You wonder if it would have turned out better if he could have backed someone up for a few years like Rodgers.

I mean what would have happened to Steve Young if he had not gone to San Fran, or worse, stayed in Tampa. Those were bad times for Tampa. Heck, what would have happened to Favre if Wolf hadn't rescued him from Atlanta and if Holmgren wasn't there to mentor???

I disagree...carr isn't any good, not enough talent. Guys with real talent who get the shaft from a bad team still hang around the league and make a mark...think testaverde, jeff george, Bledsoe, Culpepper. These guys never got good coaching but had enough talent to bounce around. I think Carr will be out of the league in about 2 more seasons and pretty much we won't remember him soon.

SnakeLH2006
08-14-2008, 04:15 AM
4. David Carr

I disagree...carr isn't any good, not enough talent. Guys with real talent who get the shaft from a bad team still hang around the league and make a mark...think testaverde, jeff george, Bledsoe, Culpepper. These guys never got good coaching but had enough talent to bounce around. I think Carr will be out of the league in about 2 more seasons and pretty much we won't remember him soon.

hard to believe but I agree with ya bobble...but hey at least his wife is UBER hot...I'll remember her.

Joemailman
08-14-2008, 06:32 AM
Okay, okay, okay.

I was a staunch defender of Robert Ferguson for a few years ("Just wait til he gets healthy! Just wait til he learns the system!") and by golly, I was wrong. He is - I love this phrase - just a guy.

And now it seems I am wrong about my man Junius. I thought, being as he was so young and all, that he'd develop. But it seems that is not happening.

He's the backup center, but when Wells went down, did they plug ol' Orange in there? Uh, no. They called on Jason Spitz and slid Coston over to right guard.

Oh, wait. They slid Spitz to center and plugged in....a rookie right guard.

It's not looking good, Junius ol' buddy ol' pal. You were supposed to come busting out of the gate this year, but you seem to have simply busted.

Were you the one who started Sam's Club?

Partial
08-14-2008, 12:26 PM
The juice is loose.

Harlan Huckleby
08-14-2008, 12:28 PM
Were you the one who started Sam's Club?

No, Fritz was just in middle management for the club. But he did form "Tony's Tigers" during Mandarich's rookie year.

Guiness
08-14-2008, 01:27 PM

And here I thought I was the only one who remembered her!

Too lazy to dig up the thread that also included pics of Hawk's future wife. :D

Guiness
08-14-2008, 01:33 PM

Strange list you've got there. Testaverde certainly had a strange career. George - I'd say he succeeded despite himself. He had a decent situation in Indi, but either wanted out, or got booted, depending on who you believe. I'm not sure what you mean with Bledsoe. He was in NE for a long time, and did ok. His misfortune was the emergence of Brady just as that team was coming into their own.

I'm not sure what parallels you can draw between the guys on that list.