PDA

View Full Version : Ted "i know everythng bout football ever" Thompson

MOBB DEEP
08-13-2008, 06:13 PM
LOL. thats what mike wilbon on PTI sarcastically dubbed him, sayn "nice job with the backup QB position"

with the Queens talkn about tryn to wreck aaron, it made me think jus how screwed pack would be if/when fragile Arod is injured yet again; he's no 16 year iron man u know. obvioulsy, w/o a decent backup, puttn him out of the game will be AT LEAST a tacit aim of every team on the schedule

DAYUM TT.....

Joemailman
08-13-2008, 06:18 PM
I'm inclined to think that TT knows more about football than most of his critics. Especially Wilbon.

Scott Campbell
08-13-2008, 06:19 PM
he's no 16 year iron man u know.

Favre is nearly 39, and probably far more brittle than he once was. His streak doesn't come with any guarantees.

arcilite
08-13-2008, 06:22 PM
i bet you teddy is waiting until teams make their last cuts, then he will pick up a vet QB on the cheap

rbaloha1
08-13-2008, 06:24 PM
TT's record, 8-8 and 13-3. Outstanding drafting and cap management.

The only pro Packer espn personality Jaws staed if AR develops as expected a mini dynasty occurs. Will the TT haters stop then? Who cares if TT is not as elegant as Bonehead Sherman. The team is positioned for greatness.

Enjoy the ride.

arcilite
08-13-2008, 06:38 PM

The only pro Packer espn personality Jaws staed if AR develops as expected a mini dynasty occurs. Will the TT haters stop then? Who cares if TT is not as elegant as Bonehead Sherman. The team is positioned for greatness.

Enjoy the ride.

/sarcasm on

but Ted sucks because he always lies to us! Instead of emailing out an outline of his draft board, his plans for free agency, and his personal blog...he gives boring news conferences and says we arnt rebuilding!

this man needs to be fired!

brett favre would be a better gm!

/sarcasm off

BallHawk
08-13-2008, 06:39 PM
I'll listen to Wilbon when he learns to throw a baseball.

Freak Out
08-13-2008, 06:39 PM

Enjoy the ride.

You are forgetting the "Samkon" era in Packer history but that's cool. We'll be fine with Arod and the QBs we have.

AV David
08-13-2008, 06:42 PM
Is Chris Simms any good?

He should be available shortly.

Scott Campbell
08-13-2008, 06:43 PM
Is Chris Simms any good?

He should be available shortly.

Duante is still available too. There'll be a few options out there if Aaron goes down - none of them very attractive.

Bretsky
08-13-2008, 06:46 PM
IMO TT and MM think the team is so solid they could compete with rookies.

Thanks to TT's drafts the roster is getting deeper and deeper every year.

They may be right.

mission
08-13-2008, 06:54 PM
They may be right.More and more, I'm agreeing with that ...

The Leaper
08-13-2008, 07:05 PM

I'm not arguing with you...

but you did forget to throw the 4-12 in there.

mission
08-13-2008, 07:06 PM

Did he even DRAFT going into that season let alone put those players on the field?

</obligatory>

MOBB DEEP
08-13-2008, 08:03 PM
i bet you teddy is waiting until teams make their last cuts, then he will pick up a vet QB on the cheap

possible. he HAS to have somethng in mind

MOBB DEEP
08-13-2008, 08:04 PM

Enjoy the ride.

yeah, jaws sayn that made me smile

falco
08-13-2008, 08:04 PM

Did he even DRAFT going into that season let alone put those players on the field?

</obligatory>

i'm pretty sure he did draft going into that season

a few weeks ago I heard the NFL radio guys talking about how TT didn't even draft Rodgers...drove me freaking nuts

MOBB DEEP
08-13-2008, 08:10 PM

They may be right.

shoulda got moss and kept brett in this win now nfl....wont duplicate 13-3 and that irks me darnit!!!!

falco
08-13-2008, 08:36 PM
why even play the games then???

phillip rivers went 14-2 in his first season with a talented team around him
big ben did similarly well

no reason to suspect we can't do the same

Tyrone Bigguns
08-13-2008, 08:50 PM

They may be right.

shoulda got moss and kept brett in this win now nfl....wont duplicate 13-3 and that irks me darnit!!!!

No guarantees we woulda gone 13-3 with brett either..or with moss.

Especially with out of shape, no off seasoning conditioning, "tired arm" Favre.

digitaldean
08-13-2008, 09:06 PM
So, Wilbon is critical of TT, BIIIIIIIG DEAL!

If he doesn't sign a veteran QB that is cut late in preseason, then I might sound the warning bell.

If your starter goes down, the odds of having a good season go down quite a bit anyway. Not every season can be a Kurt Warner type of scenario.

I suspect he'll be dumpster diving for Simms, Griese or Culpepper (if he can stop being pushy enough to start).

MadtownPacker
08-13-2008, 09:16 PM
Ted is eagle when it comes to picking out players. He just has the eye for it. He has been right on ballers like Jennings and Grant and even FA like Woodson and Pickett. You cant argue with his results. This year will show us the future. The QB situation could end up his undoing but I think it wont. Maybe M3's though.

Wilbon is just pissed the bears didnt get Favre.

Lurker64
08-13-2008, 09:27 PM
Ted gets a lot of credit from me for having actually played the game (and having to work his butt off to make a roster), which is more than I can say for most of his critics.

Jimx29
08-13-2008, 10:36 PM

Favre is nearly 39, and probably far more brittle than he once was. His streak doesn't come with any guarantees.It would still be miles better to go into the season with a "Brittle" 39 yr old ironman with a first round QB for backup than a "fragile" QB and 2 very unproven NFL wannabe QBs

Zool
08-13-2008, 10:52 PM

Favre is nearly 39, and probably far more brittle than he once was. His streak doesn't come with any guarantees.It would still be miles better to go into the season with a "Brittle" 39 yr old ironman with a first round QB for backup than a "fragile" QB and 2 very unproven NFL wannabe QBs

And now the latest from the department of redundancy department.

digitaldean
08-13-2008, 11:18 PM
This year will show us the future. The QB situation could end up his undoing but I think it wont. Maybe M3's though.

Mad,

How will the QB situation be M3's undoing? I would think if the ship goes down, they both in 1 way, shape or form would go down with it.

Joemailman
08-13-2008, 11:20 PM
If Flynn continues to improve, TT will go with the 2 rookies. Put Flynn on the practice squad, and a team like the Bears would snatch him up in a second. TT and M3 are more willing than most to throw rookies into the mix right away.

bobblehead
08-14-2008, 01:17 AM
If Flynn continues to improve, TT will go with the 2 rookies. Put Flynn on the practice squad, and a team like the Bears would snatch him up in a second. TT and M3 are more willing than most to throw rookies into the mix right away.

You do realize that neither of those teams even wasted a 7th on flynn right?

mission
08-14-2008, 02:00 AM

You do realize that neither of those teams even wasted a 7th on flynn right?

yeah, but they might have spent an "8th" on him and if he's on the practice squad, you might as well consider that a "9th" ... don't wanna leave the option open. Especially with MM talking about Flynn challenging Brohm for the 2nd spot ... I'm all for some good, young competition.

I might even be re-thinking my first post in this thread a little bit ... some of you guys are swaying me with this "less development for the kids" argument. i kinda like that... a shitty old vet's gonna be gone anyway...

i dunno ... there are solid points on both sides.

im really on the "how bout a-rod just stays healthy" ship.

EDIT -- OOPS, i kinda thought this was the poll thread on should we get a vet ... oh well

SnakeLH2006
08-14-2008, 02:37 AM
No way Flynn gets to the practice squad now in a depleted QB market.....it's says something when "name" QB's like Culpepper, etc. just float around forever...Flynn does look damn good and it'll take a few more preseason games, but I doubt we sign a retread to take a roster spot. BTW, isn't Culpepper a moron (we we all knew that with that stupid ass wrist roll he did when he played) but at least Leftwich knows enough to get some games in the preseason (regardless of Batch's status ((he still plays??)) to retake the backup QB spot when he returns). At least Leftwich has some game experience to go off IF he gets cut, so a team would pick him up. Damn Culpepper is a dumbass....out the league in a year. :)

Pugger
08-14-2008, 06:07 AM
I doubt TT will offer another contract to Culpepper again. That fool still thinks he's a starter! :lol: I think TT will wait until the final cuts and bring in a vet QB then too.

I heard a guy say yesterday that AR missed playing time last year when he tweaked his hammy in practice last year. I should've told the guy "Of course he didn't play - BF was the starter for heaven's sake". :roll:

Stevogbfan
08-14-2008, 07:08 AM
LOL. thats what mike wilbon on PTI sarcastically dubbed him, sayn "nice job with the backup QB position"

with the Queens talkn about tryn to wreck aaron, it made me think jus how screwed pack would be if/when fragile Arod is injured yet again; he's no 16 year iron man u know. obvioulsy, w/o a decent backup, puttn him out of the game will be AT LEAST a tacit aim of every team on the schedule

DAYUM TT.....

no one is an iron man like favre, who cares what the "queens" say and didn't TT make gm of the year last year? all this gb bashing is getting old! they have a great team even without favre (almost 39 year old qb with a sore arm after a week back) i have faith in mm and tt to make sure the team has what it needs to win now and in the future.

by the way, isn't it every teams goal to get the qb out of the game? and wasn't ryan grant the only back to get over 100 yards against the "queens" last year?

cpk1994
08-14-2008, 09:38 AM
I'm inclined to think that TT knows more about football than most of his critics. Especially Wilbon.Wilbon should be more worried about QB issue on his own favorite team, the Bears.

MadtownPacker
08-14-2008, 11:19 AM
This year will show us the future. The QB situation could end up his undoing but I think it wont. Maybe M3's though.

Mad,

How will the QB situation be M3's undoing? I would think if the ship goes down, they both in 1 way, shape or form would go down with it.M3 is calling the shots on the team. I am positive TT shows him that respect. If they bomb this year and next TT will have to look at saving his own neck first for a last stand. M3 is the change he would have to make.

Or do you believe the team can blow for two years straight and it be OK?