PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

mraynrand
09-04-2008, 11:43 AM
Why take the dumpoff to the TE when you can have a big gain down the sidelines to your best receiver?

Someone should have asked Favre that question following the loss in Dallas in the NFC Championship game in Jan, 1996.

Pacopete4
09-04-2008, 12:05 PM
At least we get Favre on Sunday and our Packers on Monday night.. should be a good opening weekend

GBRulz
09-04-2008, 07:47 PM
Dolphins get the message: Stop Brett Favre
The Associated Press

DAVIE, Fla.: The messages are spread in black paint across the Miami Dolphins' locker room walls.

"The fastest way to lose is division from within," reads one wall.

"Miami Dolphins players have the makeup!" exclaims another slogan.

The new regime has tried all sorts of gimmicks to get players motivated. Defensive coordinator Paul Pasqualoni, inheriting one of the NFL's worst units, has fed players old stories and an intense attitude to get them hyped.

Despite all the offseason tricks, the greatest motivation Pasqualoni gave his defense came in the playbooks this week: stopping Brett Favre and the New York Jets.

"He's just such a veteran and has had such a great career and can take over a game," Pasqualoni said Thursday. "He's one of those quarterbacks that can beat you. It's just going to be a big challenge going into this game, trying to play with this guy and trying to contain him."

Trying to contain anyone — let alone a three-time MVP quarterback — was tough enough last season for the Dolphins.

Miami is coming off a 1-15 season that was a defensive mess. The Dolphins ranked last in the AFC in 2007 in scoring defense, giving up 27.3 points a game.

And some of the best players — Jason Taylor and Zach Thomas — are gone, and an anonymous group is faced with trying to stop the quarterback who broke Dan Marino's touchdown record.

"I know the kind of quarterback he is. He's no different than the other 31 quarterbacks in the league," safety Chris Crocker said, chuckling. "He's just a Hall of Famer. So, you know, I can't say he's too much different."

The defense has a weapon to help game-plan against Favre: Chad Pennington.

Perhaps no one knows the Jets' offense better than Pennington, who spent the past eight seasons as the Jets quarterback before he was released to clear space for Favre. It's a unique tool for the Dolphins, even if it's something they're not ready to admit.

"I'll put it to you like this," cornerback Will Allen said, "if we did get some things from Chad, we wouldn't tell you."

Game planning for Favre — and the rest of the NFL — has been an offseason in the making for Miami's defense.

The coaching staff has tried to wipe away any leftovers from the losing attitude that surrounded the NFL's worst team. In the case of Pasqualoni, the former linebackers coach with the Dallas Cowboys, his favorite tool is supplying analogies to keep players interested.

His defensive motto: Know your assignment, and know you know your assignment.

But perhaps nothing has resonated more with the defense than his description of the unit as an old car trying to be "cranked up."

The metaphor has become a routine discussion among players, who were inspired to create a signature celebration named the "The Flywheel," where they crouch low to the ground and mimic cranking an antique car after a big play.

Pasqualoni also has tried to keep players' attention through intimidation, a change from the Cam Cameron-led coaching staff that seemingly babied players. And Pasqualoni's deep voice has helped.

Linebacker Channing Crowder, who receives the plays from Pasqualoni in his helmet, called it the "voice of God" last week. Other players also have taken notice.

"Every morning, if you come in and you're still groggy, when you get into that meeting Coach Pasqualoni will wake you up," safety Yeremiah Bell said.

Deputy Nutz
09-04-2008, 10:47 PM
Risky Read.

Great throw.

no luck involved.

I disagree--despite your comments that I couldn't be a junior high coach. There was a hole in the coverage between the corner and safety. He hit the hole. If he had lead Jennings into the safety but Jennings made a terrific catch, I might agree with you. He didn't. Why take the dumpoff to the TE when you can have a big gain down the sidelines to your best receiver?

I never said you couldn't coach junior high football, I just sort have said I hope you don't. The tight end was running a seam route if I remember correctly, and Driver I believe was running a skinny post, anyways it doesn't matter. He made the throw, he had the nuts to punch it in there.

It wasn't a long gainer typer route either it was an out route, which was decently defended by the corner, although with inside safety help he should have been to Jennings outside shoulder. If Rodgers is a hair low on that throw it is a pick, the safety broke on the ball, but it was a damn fine throw. I liked it.

Back to the orgin of this debate, I wasn't being over the top critical on Rodgers for the throw, infact I said it was a big risk, big reward when you can beat a double team coverage.

GrnBay007
09-04-2008, 10:57 PM
Who is Skip Wood?

He's picking the Jets to win the superbowl via a wildcard entrance to the playoffs.

5-3 Vikings to win the NFC North. Skip is picking the Packers too.

Here are the USA Today picks:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2008-09-03-preseason-picks_N.htm

falco
09-05-2008, 06:32 PM
At least we get Favre on Sunday and our Packers on Monday night.. should be a good opening weekend

hell yeah, who could ask for anything more - some great storylines

GO DOLPHINS! GO PACK!

gex
09-05-2008, 07:19 PM
So what will be Favre's stats for this game, I'm thinking being in the new system and still learning they will be relatively low. I'm thinking a healthy does of T. Jones with some high percentage passes.
200yds 2tds 1int.(deflected pass)

I really want to see how well the offensive line does in pass pro and run blocking. There is a lot of talent on that line, plus I got Jones in 2 of my fantasy teams. :D

gex
09-05-2008, 07:21 PM

GO DOLPHINS! GO PACK!

You must not be much of a Packer fan if you don't want us to get a better draft pick? :oops:

falco
09-05-2008, 10:42 PM

GO DOLPHINS! GO PACK!

You must not be much of a Packer fan if you don't want us to get a better draft pick? :oops:

:roll: okay cpk

gex
09-05-2008, 10:59 PM

GO DOLPHINS! GO PACK!

I would rather be called Tank than him/her/it.

I don't understand why your rooting for the Dolphins(unless your a phinfan), cause Jets doing good only helps us out.

SnakeLH2006
09-05-2008, 11:35 PM

GO DOLPHINS! GO PACK!

I would rather be called Tank than him/her/it.

I don't understand why your rooting for the Dolphins(unless your a phinfan), cause Jets doing good only helps us out.

Wow!! THat is a rip, but CPK could only hope to be this cool...

http://www.photopox.com/Images/Insults/1163955324-douchebag.jpg

GBRulz
09-06-2008, 09:13 AM
http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/articles/show/2420-favre-honored-to-be-wearing-one-of-the-c-s

Favre 'Honored' to Be Wearing One of the C's

Published: 09-03-08

By Eric Allen

Senior Managing Editor

Less than a month into his Jets career, Brett Favre was voted an offensive captain by his teammates.

“‘I felt a little uncomfortable to be voted. I'm honored,” the future Hall of Famer said today at his weekly news conference. “As I told [Eric Mangini] yesterday, I feel like I need to earn it. I don't want it to be based on past performances or longevity. All those things are important, but what's important is what I do here and how I carry myself as a teammate.”

So far, he’s carried himself well. Favre more often that not will tell you he’s 38 years old, but his teammates enjoy his youthful exuberance.

“Favre is more about leading by example,” said right tackle Damien Woody. “He is not a big rah-rah guy. He’s just about going out there having fun. That’s the type of leadership I see from him.”

Two places below Favre on the quarterback depth chart is Brett Ratliff. Fifteen years the junior of Brett No.1, Ratliff says the Jets’ starter is known for his relaxed style.

“One of the biggest things he does for the team is he brings a lot of life, he brings a lot of charisma,” Ratliff said. “He knows when to be serious, but he also knows when to have a good time. He lightens up everybody — he lightens the coaches up, he lightens the players up. Be serious but also try to have fun with it.”

Some people criticized Favre for being distant from his teammates in Green Bay, but that label is a misconception.

“Did I go hang out with the guys? No,” he said. “I couldn't tell you where all the guys lived. I quit drinking 10 years ago. I have a family. So if I was not studying or not at the stadium, I was home or either hunting or playing golf, mostly hunting.”

Amongst his new teammates, Favre has always been one of the guys. But at home, he’s a husband and a father of two.

“I was at practice every day. I studied film with guys,” he said of his time in Green Bay. “I was there for them whenever they needed me. At 8 o'clock at night, I was at home reading a book with my daughter. So if that's bad, then I'm sorry.”

The Jets embraced him from the beginning. Jerricho Cotchery, who had a good connection with Favre throughout the summer, is excited to line up with the gunslinger during the regular season.

“I just loved to watch him play because he looked like he had a fun out there on the field,” J-Co said. “You always are excited when you see someone who’s having a lot of fun doing something they love.”

Favre came back so he could play. In no way is he living off past accomplishments.

“As far as being a leader, I think three weeks is a little bit unfair for guys to make that judgment,” he said. “I think there are a lot of guys on this team who are worthy of that — not only on offense, but defense and special teams.”

A reflective soul, Favre is driven by fear. On Tuesday, he explained his feelings to Jets head coach Eric Mangini.

“I said, ‘What drives me is fear of failure, not being the best.’ And that goes for each season, each game,” he said. “As much success as I've had in my career, I've never gone into the next game or the next season and said, ‘Whew, I've been playing well, that will continue.’ ”

Not only a football legend, Favre owns legendary perspective. Forget the gray you see in the hair and the beard, he’s a kid playing a game. He said he sleeps more than he used to, but he still gets butterflies on gamedays.

“The game itself is still a lot of fun — preparing for a team, the challenge that presents to you, studying and trying to scheme ways to beat teams and individual matchups,” he said. “The fact that you're doing something that so many people would love to do and to do it for a long time, I'm well aware of how hard that is.

"But each touchdown that I've thrown, each opening day, each game has always been special to me. I never took it for granted.”

So following practice, the new captain will watch video with the skill guys.

“We'll sit in there and talk. Guys will bring sandwiches in,” he said. “It will be open dialogue. It will be fun.”

It always is with No. 4.

b bulldog
09-06-2008, 09:14 AM
GB, your still enmored by Brett I see.

GBRulz
09-06-2008, 09:17 AM
GB, your still enmored by Brett I see.

Where the heck have you been, bulldog??

b bulldog
09-06-2008, 09:19 AM
My wife found a friend, going through a divorce, life really sucks at the moment!!!!!!

b bulldog
09-06-2008, 09:19 AM
Any hotties up in GB?

GBRulz
09-06-2008, 09:21 AM
OMG, I'm so sorry. It's good to see you again though. Defending myself against the other Favre bashers in here just wasn't as fun without you :wink:

b bulldog
09-06-2008, 09:23 AM
She said I spent too much time on hee with you people. lol

GBRulz
09-06-2008, 09:23 AM
Any hotties up in GB?

No, Brett left town. Although Flynn & Jordy are kinda hot.

I'm having a cookout today and you could meet some of my single friends if you want, lol.

GBRulz
09-06-2008, 09:25 AM
She said I spent too much time on hee with you people. lol
Oh sure....blame us for your downfall !!

b bulldog
09-06-2008, 09:28 AM
I have a date tonight otherwise I'd be there, You can tell them how much of a nice guy I am., lol

mraynrand
09-06-2008, 09:32 AM
My wife found a friend, going through a divorce, life really sucks at the moment!!!!!!

I have a date tonight

That was a quick grieving process! :D

b bulldog
09-06-2008, 09:37 AM
5 months, is that not enough?

Scott Campbell
09-06-2008, 09:44 AM

Depends on what she looks like.

Sorry to hear about your troubles.

mraynrand
09-06-2008, 09:46 AM

I wish you well.

cpk1994
09-06-2008, 12:11 PM

GO DOLPHINS! GO PACK!

:roll: okay cpkYour dig would be more effective against yourself since I would agree with your "Go dolphins" in your original post in the chain. :oops:.

MadtownPacker
09-06-2008, 02:48 PM
5 months, is that not enough?Bulldog you big player you, 5 HOURS is more than enough if she pulled that shit. Go on wit yo bad self. :tup:

HarveyWallbangers
09-06-2008, 02:53 PM

Sorry to hear about that, bulldog. Lots of that going around our neighborhood. The couple two houses to my left got a divorce last year. The wife in the house to my right hooked up with a married guy down the street. Both couples are getting a divorce. Now, the guy in the house to the right has hooked up with the woman two houses to the left. It's like Desperate Housewives around here.

The Gunshooter
09-06-2008, 03:03 PM
Risky Read.

Great throw.

no luck involved.

I disagree--despite your comments that I couldn't be a junior high coach. There was a hole in the coverage between the corner and safety. He hit the hole. If he had lead Jennings into the safety but Jennings made a terrific catch, I might agree with you. He didn't. Why take the dumpoff to the TE when you can have a big gain down the sidelines to your best receiver?

If the corner takes a bad angle and the safety can't get over in time, perfect throw, touchdown. It is quite common to hit that against cover 2 but only if the free safety is a little slow footed.

b bulldog
09-06-2008, 04:36 PM
The worst thing about all of
this is that I have three children. I do worry about how they are goin g to deal with this. Enough of this divorce talk, we have a game on Monday night!!!

mission
09-06-2008, 04:40 PM
sorry to hear that homie... everything will work out!

RashanGary
09-06-2008, 05:16 PM
I'm looking forward to the Jets game. A part of me wants them to make the playoffs so we get a higher pick and another part of me wants to see him get clobbered.

win/win I guess.

RashanGary
09-06-2008, 09:39 PM
“My first year, he was kind of like, ‘Yeah, he needs to grow up and this and that,’ ” McCarthy said. “I told Brett, ‘You need to give back now. You’re at the point now where you’re older than most the quarterbacks coaches in the league. You can give back, not only to Aaron.’ Brett really embraced that. That’s one of the things you don’t really hear about.”

This was in one of the JS articles. As hard as I can be on Brett, this is one of the things that I appreciate. He's a good guy and a good teammate "at heart if not in action lately". He did some things that I believe hurt the team, but the whole time I think he honestly felt like he was entitled to stay away until he said it was time. To everyone around him it's all about him and he started to believe it. I don't think hsi dad ever stood for that. Even if you have the leeway, you're the leader and you don't take it. You show up and work harder than the lowest scrub. You set the pace. Instead, he lost his dad, listened to those who were hired to kiss his butt and went down this road. I think the Packers did the right thing. I think Brett tried to do the right thing but fell into the trap of stardom, fame and fortune. At the end of the day, I hope he realizes where he errored and just has the best season he can and the best life he can after his career without the little grudges. Life is too short to hate, esspecially when it was you that never should have never put yourself there to begin with.

I hope he has a good season, but more than anything I hope he gets the humility back that makes him so fun to cheer on.

GrnBay007
09-06-2008, 09:53 PM
Life is too short to hate

part of me wants to see him get clobbered.

mraynrand
09-06-2008, 10:11 PM
Instead, he lost his dad, listened to those who were hired to kiss his butt and went down this road.

Who was hired specifically to kiss his ass? How much is he/she getting paid?

RashanGary
09-06-2008, 10:14 PM

Did I say which part of me wants him to get clobbered?

I didn't, but if you hadn't assumed the worst (which says more about yoruself than me) you could have just asked. In that case, I would have said, "I think he needs a little humility and some hard times might be what are best for him".

So it's tough love. I like Brett Favre, the person. I just think he needs a couple tough lessons a little later in life than usual.

RashanGary
09-06-2008, 10:16 PM
Instead, he lost his dad, listened to those who were hired to kiss his butt and went down this road.

His agent mostly, but you could include all of the media people he talks to that kiss his butt to get stories or write books. You could include extended family or friends that want to be around him because he's famous. The sentence is a little misphrased when it stands alone. However, in the context of my post I think the stardom, fame and fortune theme was expressed well enough for you not to pick out one, incomplete line the way you did.

GrnBay007
09-06-2008, 10:47 PM

I didn't, but if you hadn't assumed the worst (which says more about yoruself than me) you could have just asked. In that case, I would have said, "I think he needs a little humility and some hard times might be what are best for him".

So it's tough love. I like Brett Favre, the person. I just think he needs a couple tough lessons a little later in life than usual.

Your opinion, I guess. I just don't see any facts to base your opinion on. You say he needs a little humility and he needs a couple tough lessons.
You are happy he is no longer a Packer. That's fine, but don't make stuff up or act like you are in some way a judge/jury and can decide how much humility he does or doesn't have or if the guy is in need of a couple tough lessons. The reality is you don't know those things. Seriously, just say you are glad he's gone and leave it at that.

Harlan Huckleby
09-06-2008, 10:50 PM
deja vu all over again

GrnBay007
09-06-2008, 10:55 PM
deja vu all over again

Dang! You are right........bad me, posting anything about Favre.

Oh wait, deja vu all over again....

It's the Favre thread. Did you take a wrong turn?

Harlan Huckleby
09-06-2008, 11:00 PM
I was just repeating a Yogi Berra-ism, I never write my own material, and my commentary was not exactly directed at you, ("you're so vain, I bet you think this post is about you ....") it just seems like I took a wrong turn into a two month old thread. Perhaps I fell through a fold in the space-time continuum.

GrnBay007
09-06-2008, 11:03 PM
("you're so vain, I bet you think this post is about you ....")

Stalker! :P :wink:

Harlan Huckleby
09-06-2008, 11:05 PM
i don't need to stalk you, if i wanted you i could have you any time i wanted just by dropping a hint.

GrnBay007
09-06-2008, 11:08 PM
:shock:

esoxx
09-06-2008, 11:14 PM
I'm looking forward to the Jets game. A part of me wants them to make the playoffs so we get a higher pick and another part of me wants to see him get clobbered.

win/win I guess.

So, would a concussion suffice? Ruptured spleen? Or do you just want a lot of hits on him and make him feel his age?

mraynrand
09-06-2008, 11:38 PM

His agent mostly, but you could include all of the media people he talks to that kiss his butt to get stories or write books. You could include extended family or friends that want to be around him because he's famous. The sentence is a little misphrased when it stands alone. However, in the context of my post I think the stardom, fame and fortune theme was expressed well enough for you not to pick out one, incomplete line the way you did.

I picked it out because it demonstrates your bias. I get that you want Favre humbled. I just don't see him all that different than he was. Given his history, he's probably going to see himself as at least a little bit bigger than life. That he has a reasonable amount of humility actually impresses me considering the adulation he's received from people kissing his ass (that probably weren't 'hired' for that specific purpose). I think he's had plenty to knock him back to earth. He's still struggling coming to grips with the reality that TT and MM thought the Packers are better without him. It's pretty easy to see that that bothers him more than anything else. Given his comments about how much he hates practicing and almost everything else except playing, I almost suspect that proving TT and MM wrong may be the only thing motivating him - both in a competitive spirit way and with a bit of vindictiveness as well.

bobblehead
09-07-2008, 12:02 AM

It was a good paying gig til some illegals said they would do it for less....now the market is shot, kissing ass is a low paying job.

GBRulz
09-07-2008, 09:38 AM
i don't need to stalk you, if i wanted you i could have you any time i wanted just by dropping a hint.

HA - now there's the Harlan that we love...the one who makes us laugh!! :lol:

Scott Campbell
09-07-2008, 10:17 AM
deja vu all over again

http://livinginstereo.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/05/Stand%20by%20Your%20Man.jpg

Scott Campbell
09-07-2008, 10:20 AM
He's still struggling coming to grips with the reality that TT and MM thought the Packers are better without him.

Maybe MM and TT think about it like I do. Were not better off without him under center for this game. No way. We are better off without all the antics and uncertainty. The offseason will be way better. We theoretically should be better off long term with a more experienced Rodgers.

But were not a better team for it this week.

gex
09-07-2008, 10:21 AM
Are we gonna have an Official Jet game day thread?

RashanGary
09-07-2008, 10:22 AM
This seems like it could be a good place for it. I could see this thread being a never ending 1000 page thread some day.

gex
09-07-2008, 10:23 AM
Just for you.

RashanGary
09-07-2008, 10:24 AM
Just for you.

:)

I like Brett Favre. I'm happy to have the Favre conversation. I have some opinions on what went down, but I like having people to disagree with too.

This is a good thread.

GrnBay007
09-07-2008, 10:49 AM
deja vu all over again

http://livinginstereo.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/05/Stand%20by%20Your%20Man.jpg

LOL!!

Love that hair! :shock:

mraynrand
09-07-2008, 05:04 PM
He's still struggling coming to grips with the reality that TT and MM thought the Packers are better without him.

Maybe MM and TT think about it like I do. Were not better off without him under center for this game. No way. We are better off without all the antics and uncertainty. The offseason will be way better. We theoretically should be better off long term with a more experienced Rodgers.

But were not a better team for it this week.

I agree. MM and TT thought they were better off overall without him. Favre and a lot of other folks - myself included - are thinking the same way you are in that last line. So Favre is thinking 'WTF, I'm better than Arod.' Drives him nuts - would drive me nuts were I in his shoes.

the_idle_threat
09-07-2008, 06:13 PM
From the recap:

With the score 7-all and Jets kicker Mike Nugent nursing a thigh injury suffered in the first quarter, the Jets decided to go for a touchdown on fourth-and-13. Under heavy pressure, Favre shrugged off 305-pound defensive end Randy Starks, and as he was sandwiched by two defenders, he threw a dying-quail pass that found an open Chansi Stuckey for the go-ahead touchdown.

"He's a miracle worker," Dolphins fullback Boomer Grigsby said. "He threw that thing in the air and God said, 'Brett Favre will have a touchdown pass.' And he did. That's Brett Favre being Brett Favre."

boiga
09-07-2008, 11:30 PM
Favre was, well, just OK. His numbers (15-of-22, 194 yards, two touchdowns) came out fine. But the issue isn't with how he throws the ball. It's his feet.

Favre showed little ability to move in the pocket. Yes, his 22-yard touchdown pass to Chansi Stuckey was vintage Favre, but even on that play he couldn't sidestep the rush; instead he fought past Randy Starks and Channing Crowder to get it off to his wide-open receiver.

Opponents who can more effectively blitz up the middle might cause major problems for Favre. His arm might be ageless. But at a position where short, subtle movements -- like a boxer would make -- are vital, Favre's movement looks much like that of a 38-year-old. http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=455012

This analysis from sportingnews was my take watching Favre's first game as a Jet as well. He still hasn't lost the arm, but his movements are getting considerably slower as time moves on. If he were a little more agile in the pocket, he never would have had to shrug off that defender and the fumble would never have happened.

LEWCWA
09-07-2008, 11:54 PM
Favre was, well, just OK. His numbers (15-of-22, 194 yards, two touchdowns) came out fine. But the issue isn't with how he throws the ball. It's his feet.

Favre showed little ability to move in the pocket. Yes, his 22-yard touchdown pass to Chansi Stuckey was vintage Favre, but even on that play he couldn't sidestep the rush; instead he fought past Randy Starks and Channing Crowder to get it off to his wide-open receiver.

Opponents who can more effectively blitz up the middle might cause major problems for Favre. His arm might be ageless. But at a position where short, subtle movements -- like a boxer would make -- are vital, Favre's movement looks much like that of a 38-year-old. http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=455012

This analysis from sportingnews was my take watching Favre's first game as a Jet as well. He still hasn't lost the arm, but his movements are getting considerably slower as time moves on. If he were a little more agile in the pocket, he never would have had to shrug off that defender and the fumble would never have happened.

wtf are talking about. he sidesteped the defender and got hit from behind. The fumble was just one of those things. I noticed he isn't 100% on the same page with Coles yet, but they will get there. It looks like he likes that Crotchery. I fully expect that offense to get better and better each week...if the D can play at all they will be a tough team.

boiga
09-08-2008, 12:00 AM
wtf are talking about. he sidesteped the defender and got hit from behind. The fumble was just one of those things. I noticed he isn't 100% on the same page with Coles yet, but they will get there. It looks like he likes that Crotchery. I fully expect that offense to get better and better each week...if the D can play at all they will be a tough team. Actually, the Jets D seemed more improved than their offense. Jenkins at tackle is a beast for inside pass rush, and that rookie Lowery seems like a gem at CB.

The O sputtered at times (they stunk in the redzone) but they do seem to show the capability to improve.

Still, judging off this weekend's play, I'd put money on the Bills taking the division. The Jets looked like a team moving from pathetic to average while the Bills were dominant.

falco
09-08-2008, 05:57 AM
wtf are talking about. he sidesteped the defender and got hit from behind. The fumble was just one of those things. I noticed he isn't 100% on the same page with Coles yet, but they will get there. It looks like he likes that Crotchery. I fully expect that offense to get better and better each week...if the D can play at all they will be a tough team. Actually, the Jets D seemed more improved than their offense. Jenkins at tackle is a beast for inside pass rush, and that rookie Lowery seems like a gem at CB.

The O sputtered at times (they stunk in the redzone) but they do seem to show the capability to improve.

Still, judging off this weekend's play, I'd put money on the Bills taking the division. The Jets looked like a team moving from pathetic to average while the Bills were dominant.

i agree 100% with everything you said Boiga - I thought all the same things yesterday...and I think that division goes Buffalo - NE without Brady - Jets - Dolphins.

mraynrand
09-08-2008, 07:47 AM
Gotta love that Brett Favre. He never changes much.

"So a couple times I just winged it and I said, 'Hey guys, same play.' They go, 'Ok, ready break.' They say, 'Same play what?'"

prsnfoto
09-08-2008, 08:46 AM
Well we all know a QB rating of 126 is just an OK day. I expect nothing less than 250 for A-Rod tonight, wait isn't 158.3 perfect?

mission
09-08-2008, 08:53 AM
Well we all know a QB rating of 126 is just an OK day. I expect nothing less than 250 for A-Rod tonight, wait isn't 158.3 perfect?

I'm all about the Brett thread and conversation etc, but do you post about any other Packer-related topics? Or just Brett?

GrnBay007
09-08-2008, 09:32 PM
At work today people asked me if it bothered me watching Favre in a different uniform. It really didn't because I was happy to be watching him play again yesterday. I'm happy for the Packer win tonight and happy Rodgers looked strong....BUT it was really rough to watch a Packer game without old #4 out there. It just didn't seem right. I guess it will take a few games to get used to it.

Scott Campbell
09-08-2008, 09:38 PM
Brett who?

gex
09-10-2008, 08:33 PM
Well, another Sun. is fast approaching, Favre did good for my FF team last weak, I think he will put up some good (not great) #'s vs the Pats this weak also.
Man it sure was fun having 2 teams to root for last weak, I'm glad the games are not on at the same time this Sunday.

Harlan Huckleby
09-11-2008, 01:21 AM
If Favre had gone to the Bears, would you be a Bears fan?

I don't quite see why people are Jets fans. I can understand that you want Favre to do well.

Brainerd
09-11-2008, 05:35 AM
If Favre had gone to the Bears, would you be a Bears fan?

I don't quite see why people are Jets fans. I can understand that you want Favre to do well.

A #1 pick in the draft is the only real reason you need to be a Jets fan this season. That you respect Favre's accomplishments and love watching him play is just icing.

The Bears fan question is disingenuous. TT would never let Favre go within the division as the trade agreement with the Jets clearly demonstrates.

Zool
09-11-2008, 07:29 AM
The Bears fan question is disingenuous. TT would never let Favre go within the division as the trade agreement with the Jets clearly demonstrates.

Maybe so, but quite a few people here argued that he should be released so he could go where he wanted, which would have been MN.

Harlan Huckleby
09-11-2008, 01:17 PM
If Favre had gotten his release, as the Ultimate Favre Fans wanted, I really doubt the Packers would have beaten Minnesota monday night.

Essay question for UFFs: would the loss be worth the satisfaction of rubbing it into the noses of Packer management?

mraynrand
09-11-2008, 01:24 PM
I said it before and I'll say it again. With respect to Favre wanting a free release to sign with the Bears or the Vikings: FUCK FAVRE. I didn't want to see Favre in a Viking Uni rubbing our noses in it, which I agree would have happened Monday night. Thank goodness TT put the team above Favre. Both sides had some bad moments during the Favre saga, but the best outcome is that it's highly unlikely that we'll ever have to put up with Favre rubbing it in our face. I say this: you are not a true Packer fan if you wanted Favre, in a Bears or Viking uni, coming into Lambeau and beating the Packers. I shouldn't even have to write that.

prsnfoto
09-11-2008, 03:13 PM
I said it before and I'll say it again. With respect to Favre wanting a free release to sign with the Bears or the Vikings: FUCK FAVRE. I didn't want to see Favre in a Viking Uni rubbing our noses in it, which I agree would have happened Monday night. Thank goodness TT put the team above Favre. Both sides had some bad moments during the Favre saga, but the best outcome is that it's highly unlikely that we'll ever have to put up with Favre rubbing it in our face. I say this: you are not a true Packer fan if you wanted Favre, in a Bears or Viking uni, coming into Lambeau and beating the Packers. I shouldn't even have to write that.

I don't know anyone who wanted that to happen but some thought Favre was screwed and wanted him to get what HE wanted. On a side note I was at the game Monday and very glad my boss has season tickets and gave them to me for face cause I ain't never seen tickets to a home opener much less a Viking game go so cheap people were selling sets of 4 for face an hour before gametime and less than face right before the game. Those that paid $500 must be real happy. :shock: The atrium was not hopping the pro shop was slow in the end this move that us "favre lovers" hated may turn out much more economic than the team suffing bad seasons. I was very impressed with Rodger's play and hopefully he wins the hearts and minds of the vendors,bars, and fans who are suffering $ losses one thing is for sure this forum does not represent the true feelings of the Packer faithful many are still angry when you talk to them. Oh and for all the mighty TT lovers if this wasn't personal on both sides try to find anything that pertains to #4 ever existing at Lambeau he has been wiped clean as though he was never there except in the bowl where his jersey still was worn by a landslide majority. One thing is for sure Rodgers did a lot towards winning me over Monday I hope it continues. GO PACK!

Pacopete4
09-11-2008, 03:15 PM
My "beef" has never been with Rodgers one bit.. it was the fact that Favre wanted to play, he is our greatest packer, and we basically treated him like poo... thats where my problem begins and end in the whole saga

swede
09-11-2008, 03:48 PM
Can one of you old computer guys write a bit of code for me that endlessly loops the "Ted treated Favre like poo," line with "Favre treated the team like poo" line.

Then I can dig up a Commodore 64 and watch that loop over and over again. For extra credit, please animate a Figure alternately poo-ing on a big "G" and then the number "4".

GIGO

mraynrand
09-11-2008, 04:02 PM
My "beef" has never been with Rodgers one bit.. it was the fact that Favre wanted to play, he is our greatest packer, and we basically treated him like poo... thats where my problem begins and end in the whole saga

Can you accept the fact that TT and MM don't agree that he is the best option at QB? They're paid to make that decision. I personally thought Favre was the best option, but he did blah blah blah ......

Hey, has anyone here ever seen that Oxyclean guy selling health insurance? Now, I understand that people need less expensive health insurance, but are you gonna buy it from the guy who sells magic putty????

Pacopete4
09-11-2008, 04:12 PM

Can you accept the fact that TT and MM don't agree that he is the best option at QB? They're paid to make that decision. I personally thought Favre was the best option, but he did blah blah blah ......

Hey, has anyone here ever seen that Oxyclean guy selling health insurance? Now, I understand that people need less expensive health insurance, but are you gonna buy it from the guy who sells magic putty????

Why do I have to accept it? Thats the part I don't get... I can support the Packers and not agree with what or how they handled something.. its exactly what I'm doing now and I feel that a lot of people are doing the same..

mraynrand
09-11-2008, 04:22 PM

Why do I have to accept it? Thats the part I don't get... I can support the Packers and not agree with what or how they handled something.. its exactly what I'm doing now and I feel that a lot of people are doing the same..

Why do they say clocks run? Does the sun really 'set?' Is it racist to say 'Irish setter?'

cpk1994
09-11-2008, 06:23 PM
My "beef" has never been with Rodgers one bit.. it was the fact that Favre wanted to play, he is our greatest packer, and we basically treated him like poo... thats where my problem begins and end in the whole sagaAnd Favre treated the Packers like poo. Alls fair in love and war....

GBRulz
09-11-2008, 06:55 PM
If the Pack and Jets play at the same time, I don't think you'd find these results...IMO

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080911/PKR01/80911086/1978

Favre-led Jets may rate higher here than in NYC

BY WARREN GERDS • wgerds@greenbaypressgazette.com • September 11, 2008

Brett the Jet has made a ripple in Green Bay’s TV ratings.

It’s not definitive, but signs point to Jets ratings being higher in the Green Bay market than New York.

Locally, Packers games still are the champ.

“Typically, a Packers game in the Green Bay market has a 55 to 60 rating,” said R. Perry Kidder, general manager of WFRV-TV, Channel 5, which is carrying all the Jets games it can this season by way of CBS.

The numbers mean 55 to 60 percent of households in the market tune to the Packers.

For Sunday’s Jets-Miami Dolphins game, Brett Favre’s first regular-season start as a Jet, these are the Nielsen numbers:

# New York: 12.6 rating, 30 share (or of sets turned on, 30 percent were tuned to the Jets; a 70 to 80 share for Packers games is not unheard of in the Green Bay market).

# Miami: 23 rating, 41 share.

# Green Bay: Unknown. The market next will be measured in November. Last November, one AFC game on WFRV – New England-Indianapolis – drew a 22 rating and 47 share, Kidder said.

The closest metered market is Milwaukee, which registered a 20.9 rating and 43 share for the Jets-Dolphins game.

“Typically, if you take the Milwaukee football rating, be it the Packers or an AFC game, we deliver about a 40 or 50 percent higher number in the Green Bay market,” Kidder said.

“That gives you an idea of what kind of numbers we expect that that game delivered.”

More viewers saw the game in New York and Miami because there are more people in those markets.

But in TV ratings and share terms, “the Jets-Miami game in this market outdelivered what it delivered in the two home markets, New York and Miami,” Kidder said.

When Favre landed in New York, WFRV asked CBS to send Jets games to this market – and the station raised its advertising rates for those games.

“As far as the revenue goes, the only thing I can say about that is that the rates, as they always do, went up with accordance to the audience,” Kidder said.

Charles Woodson
09-11-2008, 07:30 PM
Can you accept the fact that TT and MM don't agree that he is the best option at QB?

I dont neccesarily agree with that, talent wise, he proved he still had it, and i honestly belive he still has an edge on Rodgers. But TT and MM agree'd that given the circumstances, the antics made the descsion

SnakeLH2006
09-12-2008, 12:55 AM

Your opinion, I guess. I just don't see any facts to base your opinion on. You say he needs a little humility and he needs a couple tough lessons.
You are happy he is no longer a Packer. That's fine, but don't make stuff up or act like you are in some way a judge/jury and can decide how much humility he does or doesn't have or if the guy is in need of a couple tough lessons. The reality is you don't know those things. Seriously, just say you are glad he's gone and leave it at that.

:bclap: :bclap: :bclap: :bclap: :bclap: :bclap: :bclap:

Bretsky
09-14-2008, 10:00 AM
Looks like interesting clips coming up on NFL Network in a few minutes by Mooch regarding anatomy of Favre trade for any Favre fans that might be interested

RashanGary
09-14-2008, 11:00 AM
I think everyone has the right to an opinion here. I'm more than happy to express mine (and listen to others) and don't appreciate those trying to silence it because they don't agree like 007 did above.

Iron Mike
09-14-2008, 11:23 AM
I think everyone has the right to an opinion here. I'm more than happy to express mine (and listen to others) and don't appreciate those trying to silence it because they don't agree like 007 did above.

http://www.the-reel-mccoy.com/movies/2006/images/CasinoRoyale_1.jpg

Well I understand that double Os have a very short life expectancy.....so your unease will be short-lived.

mission
09-14-2008, 04:01 PM
WATCH THE JETS GAME LIVE ONLINE
http://www.justin.tv/mrwhite51585

mmmdk
09-14-2008, 05:01 PM
same old, same old...Jet QB.

mmmdk
09-14-2008, 05:06 PM
If Favre had gotten his release, as the Ultimate Favre Fans wanted, I really doubt the Packers would have beaten Minnesota monday night.

Reality: put BF in the NFC championship game...at Lambeau vs Giants...you tell me what the score was again !

Charles Woodson
09-14-2008, 05:10 PM
Shes not trying to silence you, its that you've constantly expressed your same opinion numerous amounts of time and, it gets old.
the day that you got unbanned, your posts were alright, but it seems like you've gotten back into your old habits.

GBRulz
09-14-2008, 10:34 PM
Why doesn't this surprise me! Our local NBC station was just talking about this on tonight's news.

http://www.myjetpackjersey.com

http://www.myjetpackjersey.com/images/front.jpg

Scott Campbell
09-14-2008, 10:46 PM

That jersey reminds me of this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/birmingham/Detective818Batman653.jpg

gex
09-20-2008, 11:00 PM
Thats a cool jersey :D

Pacopete4
09-20-2008, 11:03 PM
I am putting together two green ones.. i think it looks to weird if its half white, half green...

HarveyWallbangers
09-20-2008, 11:07 PM

Nothing against Brett, but I think this is pretty gay. If you want to support Brett, that's fine. Then buy his Jets jersey. Personally, I'm trying to determine what Packers jersey I will get next. I've had Sterling Sharpe, Bryce Paup, Dorsey Levens, Brett Favre, and Ahman Green. I'm trying to figure out if I want that Jennings jersey or the Hawk jersey next.

Pacopete4
09-20-2008, 11:21 PM
Harv,

I think you should go against the grain and get a crosby... he's sweet and should be around for awhile.. kickers get no love!

RashanGary
09-23-2008, 02:08 PM
Sloppy Brett Favre throws 2 picks, rolls ankle; Jets fall to Chargers 48-29
BY RICH CIMINI
DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

SAN DIEGO - An ugly, almost embarrassing game for the Jets, who imploded Monday night in a 48-29 loss to the Chargers, ended with this sobering snapshot in their cramped locker room:

Brett Favre sitting in front of his locker stall, his left ankle wrapped in an Ace bandage. It was difficult to tell which hurt him more, the ankle or his two costly interceptions.

"I think they're okay," Favre said of the X-ray results, "aside from the old ankle."

YOUR BRUSH WITH BROADWAY JOE?
Favre said he "rolled" his ankle in the third quarter, although he stayed in the game until his mercy pulling with two minutes left in the disaster at Qualcomm Stadium. He has played with worse injuries during his amazing streak of 256 consecutive starts - assuming this is just a routine sprain - so it's hard to imagine him sitting out next week against the Cardinals.

It was that kind of night for the Jets (1-2), who committed three first-half turnovers and gave a gift touchdown with an onsides kick that backfired - four blunders that resulted in 28 points for the Chargers (1-2). The 48 points were the most allowed by the Jets since the 1995 opener, Rich Kotite's debut.

"We can't play this way," Eric Mangini said, seething. "Too many self-inflicted wounds."

The nation received its first prime-time viewing of Favre in a Jets uniform. Unfortunately for the Jets, they, too, acted like it was their first time in the presence of the future Hall of Famer.

After a week of heavy criticism for conservative play-calling, Mangini loosened the reins on Favre and the result was a mistake-filled meltdown before a raucous crowd and millions of TV watchers who probably were left with the same impression: Maybe he should've stayed retired.

Facing the NFL's 31st-ranked pass defense, Favre was out of sync with his receivers and threw both interceptions in the first half, Antonio Cromartie returning the first 52 yards for a touchdown. Favre (30-for-42, 271 yards) made two other ill-advised passes that almost were intercepted, underscoring his lack of familiarity with the playbook - although he insisted that wasn't the case.

"I feel much better with the offense," said Favre, who threw touchdown passes to Laveranues Coles (7 yards), Chansi Stuckey (4) and Dustin Keller (13) - the latter two in garbage time. "There are no excuses from my end tonight to say, 'I'm still learning the offense.' I, as well as the rest of the offense, made some mistakes. ... Bad plays."

The Jets made it easy for the Chargers, giving their high-powered opponent great field position because of three turnovers. A first-quarter fumble by Thomas Jones, coupled with Favre's two interceptions in the second quarter, resulted in 16- and 45-yard touchdown drives by the Chargers.

packerbacker1234
09-23-2008, 03:43 PM
Sloppy Brett Favre throws 2 picks, rolls ankle; Jets fall to Chargers 48-29
BY RICH CIMINI
DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

SAN DIEGO - An ugly, almost embarrassing game for the Jets, who imploded Monday night in a 48-29 loss to the Chargers, ended with this sobering snapshot in their cramped locker room:

Brett Favre sitting in front of his locker stall, his left ankle wrapped in an Ace bandage. It was difficult to tell which hurt him more, the ankle or his two costly interceptions.

"I think they're okay," Favre said of the X-ray results, "aside from the old ankle."

YOUR BRUSH WITH BROADWAY JOE?
Favre said he "rolled" his ankle in the third quarter, although he stayed in the game until his mercy pulling with two minutes left in the disaster at Qualcomm Stadium. He has played with worse injuries during his amazing streak of 256 consecutive starts - assuming this is just a routine sprain - so it's hard to imagine him sitting out next week against the Cardinals.

It was that kind of night for the Jets (1-2), who committed three first-half turnovers and gave a gift touchdown with an onsides kick that backfired - four blunders that resulted in 28 points for the Chargers (1-2). The 48 points were the most allowed by the Jets since the 1995 opener, Rich Kotite's debut.

"We can't play this way," Eric Mangini said, seething. "Too many self-inflicted wounds."

The nation received its first prime-time viewing of Favre in a Jets uniform. Unfortunately for the Jets, they, too, acted like it was their first time in the presence of the future Hall of Famer.

After a week of heavy criticism for conservative play-calling, Mangini loosened the reins on Favre and the result was a mistake-filled meltdown before a raucous crowd and millions of TV watchers who probably were left with the same impression: Maybe he should've stayed retired.

Facing the NFL's 31st-ranked pass defense, Favre was out of sync with his receivers and threw both interceptions in the first half, Antonio Cromartie returning the first 52 yards for a touchdown. Favre (30-for-42, 271 yards) made two other ill-advised passes that almost were intercepted, underscoring his lack of familiarity with the playbook - although he insisted that wasn't the case.

"I feel much better with the offense," said Favre, who threw touchdown passes to Laveranues Coles (7 yards), Chansi Stuckey (4) and Dustin Keller (13) - the latter two in garbage time. "There are no excuses from my end tonight to say, 'I'm still learning the offense.' I, as well as the rest of the offense, made some mistakes. ... Bad plays."

The Jets made it easy for the Chargers, giving their high-powered opponent great field position because of three turnovers. A first-quarter fumble by Thomas Jones, coupled with Favre's two interceptions in the second quarter, resulted in 16- and 45-yard touchdown drives by the Chargers.

I love how he said "his mercy pulling with 2 minutes left".

Acting like favre was just getting hammered and playing horrible. He fails to mention that in the 4th quarter, prior to getting pulled. favre had just put two TD's in a row on the board.

Mercy pulling? Was more like "ok, so we were going to lose, but Brett got some good time in with the offense during the game, put a few scores up, no use risking getting him hurt."

As for the ankle? Come on, give it a rest. People roll them all the time.

The Shadow
09-23-2008, 04:25 PM
No big deal, athletes far too often hang around too long.
In this case, Brett just has stayed too long at the party.
His GM and head coach gave him the ultimate retirement present : an opportunity to reach the Super Bowl. His failure on the big stage should have been the final wake-up call.
Instead, like too many players, he fell prey to ego, listened to very bad advice from his family, and wound up shaming himself in an unsuccessful effort to manipulate the very organization & fans that supported him for so long.
Now, he is paying the price
No big deal.

Bring on the Bucs!

GBRulz
09-23-2008, 05:44 PM
[quote=GBRulz]

Nothing against Brett, but I think this is pretty gay. If you want to support Brett, that's fine. Then buy his Jets jersey. Personally, I'm trying to determine what Packers jersey I will get next. I've had Sterling Sharpe, Bryce Paup, Dorsey Levens, Brett Favre, and Ahman Green. I'm trying to figure out if I want that Jennings jersey or the Hawk jersey next.

I agree, I think it's an ugly jersey! But people will do anything to try and make a buck...

mraynrand
09-23-2008, 06:37 PM
But people will do anything to try and make a buck...

That's the truth!

https://www.mightyputty.com/spark/index.php?tag=mpedseag100

gex
09-23-2008, 10:31 PM
I missed the first half, but in the second half they were moving the ball fairly well. What I didn't like was the fact that with like 5 min. left in the 3rd quarter, they go for it on 4th instead of kicking a field goal(down 38-14), then the missed 2 pt. conversion, if they played that smart they would have made it a close game late in the 4th. I thought Favre played pretty good and will get the offense moving better vs lesser defenses than SD and NE.

Found a few comments about that article:

-This article was written by Rich Cimini...nothing he ever writes about the Jets is positive. He's just a no-talent hack as far as reporters go.

-Is it me or is Cimini a “half-empty glass” guy? He’s never happy.

:roll:

GBRulz
09-28-2008, 03:38 PM
SIX TD's !!! Not bad for an old, washed up guy, eh?

http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2008/0928/nfl_g_favre01_412.jpg

Kyle.McCarroll
09-28-2008, 03:40 PM
God help me.

RashanGary
09-28-2008, 03:41 PM
Congrats to Brett. Good game. With our season looking to be crumbling, it would be nice to get the highest pick possible.

GBRulz
09-28-2008, 03:42 PM
God help me.

This is the spot for Brett chat & news. I'm not rubbing it in people's face, not starting threads....

GBRulz
09-28-2008, 03:43 PM
Congrats to Brett. Good game. With our season looking to be crumbling, it would be nice to get the highest pick possible.

Perhaps a 2nd rounder isn't out of the question?? We could certainly use it!

Kyle.McCarroll
09-28-2008, 03:43 PM
God help me.

This is the spot for Brett chat & news. I'm not rubbing it in people's face, not starting threads....

I understand that. Not saying that you were. I just know we are going to hear a lot of about it this week, and it's going to piss me off.

GBRulz
09-28-2008, 03:44 PM
God help me.

I understand that. Not saying that you were. I just know we are going to hear a lot of about it this week, and it's going to piss me off.

Use the imaginary ignore button :lol:

Kyle.McCarroll
09-28-2008, 03:47 PM
God help me.

Use the imaginary ignore button :lol:

That button is broken for me. :wink:

I would much rather use the "Pow! Right in the Kisser!" button.

mmmdk
09-28-2008, 03:47 PM

Brett was awesome today - first time passing 6 TDs in same game.

mmmdk
09-28-2008, 03:49 PM

Brett would've been killed slowly by current GB o-line; he would still play but december & january ain't kind to mediocre teams.

MOBB DEEP
09-28-2008, 03:54 PM
God help me.

get pissed at GB management....

BZnDallas
09-28-2008, 03:54 PM

c'mon harrell thats a lil harsh... crumbling??? we've played 3 of the top 10 defenses in the league in our first 4 games... with a qb in his first starting season... there are obviously going to be growing pains... and that is what we are suffering... they could have been blown out big time falling down 20-7 but they fought back... give em time... we are still first in the lowly black and blue... hahaha... GO PACK GO!!!

MOBB DEEP
09-28-2008, 04:02 PM

c'mon harrell thats a lil harsh... crumbling??? we've played 3 of the top 10 defenses in the league in our first 4 games... with a qb in his first starting season... there are obviously going to be growing pains... and that is what we are suffering... they could have been blown out big time falling down 20-7 but they fought back... give em time... we are still first in the lowly black and blue... hahaha... GO PACK GO!!!

it's called scouting report...

BZnDallas
09-28-2008, 04:11 PM

if you say so MOBB DEEP!!!... if you know so much, why are you typing on this message board, shouldn't you be on the sidelines on sunday??

MJZiggy
09-28-2008, 04:14 PM
He's trying to start a fight, Biz...Don't let him.

BZnDallas
09-28-2008, 04:20 PM

good call ziggy thanx... nothing can bring me down today... the BREW CREW ARE IN!!!!! all my wisconsin football woes are gone for the day!!

mmmdk
09-28-2008, 04:23 PM

good call ziggy thanx... nothing can bring me down today... the BREW CREW ARE IN!!!!! all my wisconsin football woes are gone for the day!!

Who knows? MJ knows! :P

MOBB DEEP
09-28-2008, 04:32 PM

if you say so MOBB DEEP!!!... if you know so much, why are you typing on this message board, shouldn't you be on the sidelines on sunday??

lol; i dont profess to know SO much at all. i view pro sports (and this forum) as merely entertainment my man

Partial
09-28-2008, 04:32 PM

Good game? Try unreal game.

MOBB DEEP
09-28-2008, 04:33 PM

he he...not tru; lover not a fighter

GrnBay007
454 TD's (493 including postseason) incredible!

Only weeks away from throwing his 500th NFL TD pass!!!!!

Partial

Brett would've been killed slowly by current GB o-line; he would still play but december & january ain't kind to mediocre teams.

Doubt it. He played great behind them last year. Experience is HUGE when developing a feel for the game. He is one of the best ever at feeling and avoiding pressure. A 6th sense really.

MOBB DEEP
09-28-2008, 04:46 PM

WOW, indeed

GrnBay007
09-28-2008, 04:52 PM

hmm, really? At least he posted Brett stuff in the Brett thread instead of making a new thread to stir the pot.....like Chevelle2

GBRulz
09-28-2008, 04:53 PM

Prediction: He throws his 500th TD pass on his 40th birthday :lol:

GrnBay007
09-28-2008, 04:54 PM

October ...what?

mmmdk
09-28-2008, 04:54 PM

Doubt it. He played great behind them last year. Experience is HUGE when developing a feel for the game. He is one of the best ever at feeling and avoiding pressure. A 6th sense really.

Are you trying to teach ME how good BF is? :lol:

BF is a football god in the regular season but he's still a jerk (media'holic) & not so Montana or Brady like come playoff time. BF is still a legend & I love his play to death.

I am a Packer fan first though & A-Rod is now our QB. That's just how it turned out.

GBRulz
09-28-2008, 04:55 PM

October ...what?

Oct 12th

mmmdk
09-28-2008, 04:56 PM

October ...what?

Oct 12th

Big wow! :shock:

MOBB DEEP
09-28-2008, 04:57 PM

BF is a football god in the regular season but he's still a jerk (media'holic) & not so Montana or Brady like come playoff time. BF is still a legend & I love his play to death.

I am a Packer fan first though & A-Rod is now our QB. That's just how it turned out.

actually Flynn is our qb

MOBB DEEP
09-28-2008, 04:57 PM
GO RAMS, BEAT BUF

mmmdk
09-28-2008, 04:58 PM

actually Flynn is our qb

Is it that bad???? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

GrnBay007
09-28-2008, 04:58 PM

October ...what?

Oct 12th

Next week a bye
Oct. 12 - Cincy
Oct. 19 - Oakland

well, lets just say it WILL happen during his B-day month. :D

GBRulz
09-28-2008, 04:59 PM
psst 007?? He doesn't turn 40 until NEXT year :D

GBRulz
09-28-2008, 05:00 PM
and btw, I was basing his 500th TD pass as regular season TD's.

GrnBay007
09-28-2008, 05:00 PM

ooops :oops: lol

man, he's young!!! :wink:

mmmdk
09-28-2008, 05:01 PM

ooops :oops: lol

man, he's young!!! :wink:

LOL :lol:

GrnBay007
09-28-2008, 05:01 PM

OK, we'll just plan on that then. Party at your place? :D

Pacopete4
09-28-2008, 05:02 PM
his birthday is october 10th so its impossible.. but it'l come in 3 games i think.

isn't it weird that brett hurts his ankle, all black and blue and swollen and he down plays the injury and people accuse him of just playing to extend the streak... well guess what he does, throws 6 td's and shuts everyone up once again... the man is absolutely amazing..

GBRulz
09-28-2008, 05:03 PM

Sounds like a plan. Are you booking your room now? LOL

MOBB DEEP
09-28-2008, 05:03 PM

October ...what?

Oct 12th

Next week a bye
Oct. 12 - Cincy
Oct. 19 - Oakland

...and then KC; can we say 5-2?! LETS GOOOOOOOOO

MOBB DEEP
09-28-2008, 05:04 PM

in press conference arod said he's not sure if he can go next week

actually Flynn is our qb

Is it that bad???? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

GrnBay007
09-28-2008, 05:06 PM

Sounds like a plan. Are you booking your room now? LOL

Maybe it will coincide with the posters game next year.....one HUGE party. :D

GBRulz
09-28-2008, 05:09 PM
nm, i can't get the pics to post

MOBB DEEP
09-28-2008, 05:11 PM
his birthday is october 10th so its impossible.. but it'l come in 3 games i think.

isn't it weird that brett hurts his ankle, all black and blue and swollen and he down plays the injury and people accuse him of just playing to extend the streak... well guess what he does, throws 6 td's and shuts everyone up once again... the man is absolutely amazing..

QFT

whats a lil bone bruise for iron man?

GBRulz
09-28-2008, 05:13 PM
I bet Favre will be the Fed Ex Air Player of the week.

Pacopete4
09-28-2008, 05:20 PM
Favre's on pace for 48 TD's this season... :lol:

MOBB DEEP
09-28-2008, 05:29 PM

not arod?

Pacopete4
09-28-2008, 05:30 PM

not arod?

he'll be the fed ex ground player of the week cuz thats what he was this week... grounded

MOBB DEEP
09-28-2008, 05:31 PM
im not sure how many here have been watching jets closely but i, for one, am not impressed with mangini (reminds me of shermy a lil)

thoughts..???!!

Pacopete4
09-28-2008, 05:32 PM
im not sure how many here have been watching jets closely but i, for one, am not impressed with mangini (reminds me of shermy a lil)

thoughts..???!!

he should just let Brett coach the team...

in all seriousness, i agree with u

packerbacker1234
09-28-2008, 06:03 PM
I'll say this - At least Mangini allowed Favre to put away the cardinals today. I was waiting for 3 and outs all second half.

In fact, I am glad the Cardinals started to score points... it sort of forced the coach to get the playbook out from under his seat and and start acting like winning matters.

Pacopete4
09-28-2008, 06:49 PM
is it true that Favre called all the plays today? if so.. thats pretty funny that the first time that happens, he throws 6 td's ha

GrnBay007
09-28-2008, 06:50 PM
See the little interview on the field? He says, I was kinda concerned after the 1st interception (and then chuckles). Gotta love BF!!!!

Scott Campbell
09-28-2008, 06:55 PM

thoughts..???!!

Then he'd be exactly like Sherman.

Pacopete4
09-28-2008, 06:56 PM

thoughts..???!!

Then he'd be exactly like Sherman.

ive been told Favre called the plays today... if thats true, then he basically is the coach

mraynrand
09-28-2008, 07:37 PM
Anyone have theories on why Brett was in the game gunning for TDs up 48-35. Now I know it's a two score game, but they weren't even running the ball. Watching the end of that game, I figured the Jets were just pressing because the Cards wouldn't throw in the towel. Still, after the Jets went up 56-35, AZ kept pushing - and Boldin got hurt with about 30 seconds left. I was thinking that something crazy was going on.

ANYWAY, another possibility is that Favre was gunning/was allowed to gun for a personal record setting TD, for ... personal reasons. And yes, I am stirring the pot. I thought the end of that game was very odd.

Rastak
09-28-2008, 07:39 PM
You are thinking they let him call the plays later in the game?

Pacopete4
09-28-2008, 07:40 PM

I'm tryin to find the site I read it on but they were saying that he was calling the plays today for the entire game... which is weird because he himself doesnt know them all and he's never been allowed to before

Rastak
09-28-2008, 07:41 PM

I'm tryin to find the site I read it on but they were saying that he was calling the plays today for the entire game... which is weird because he himself doesnt know them all and he's never been allowed to before

Wow, I'd be shocked. Would be an interesting thing though....

gex
09-28-2008, 08:05 PM

QFT

whats a lil bone bruise for iron man?

QFT- 2nded
Favre does know how to serve a pretty mean plate of crow 8-)

red
09-28-2008, 08:28 PM
i felt odd not watching him make history today

i've seen every other monumental moment of his carrer until today

on one channel i had the packers, on another channel i had the jets. i left it on the packer game the whole time, missing all of bretts TD's

in hindsite, i should have changed the channel

mraynrand
09-28-2008, 09:25 PM
Favre just threw another TD pass.

Merlin
09-28-2008, 09:27 PM

thoughts..???!!

Mangini is a very conservative play caller. I for one am shocked the Jets put up 40 points let alone 50+ with him as the coach. Favre and Mangini don't seem to be a good fit for the style of Favre's play and Mangini's game manage offense. Maybe he opened up to page 2 of the playbook today?

Pacopete4
09-28-2008, 09:27 PM

are they going for two?

MOBB DEEP
09-28-2008, 10:19 PM
I'll say this - At least Mangini allowed Favre to put away the cardinals today. I was waiting for 3 and outs all second half.

In fact, I am glad the Cardinals started to score points... it sort of forced the coach to get the playbook out from under his seat and and start acting like winning matters.

true

MOBB DEEP
09-28-2008, 10:22 PM
See the little interview on the field? He says, I was kinda concerned after the 1st interception (and then chuckles). Gotta love BF!!!!

that was funny

awesome that the guy who was the last to buy into the favre trade (l. coles) was SO in sync with #4 today (3 td catches)

MOBB DEEP
09-28-2008, 10:30 PM
i felt odd not watching him make history today

i've seen every other monumental moment of his carrer until today

on one channel i had the packers, on another channel i had the jets. i left it on the packer game the whole time, missing all of bretts TD's

in hindsite, i should have changed the channel

no tivo?

i had the dvr thing workn but pack game was priority. i kept gettn upset b/c the gamebreaks would show me sumthn that happened further along in my viewing of the jets game

saved the game for future viewing (grand kids, etc he he...)

MOBB DEEP
09-28-2008, 10:35 PM

WOW 7; broke broadway joe's jet's record

Pacopete4
09-28-2008, 10:39 PM
I wonder how many TD's hes going to throw this year.. i wanna say 35

packerbacker1234
09-28-2008, 11:04 PM
Well, if the chemistry keeps getting better and he gets more confortable with everything (playing for the jets,t eh offense, the wr's. and accepting that he is in this for the long haul), a 30+ TD season may not be too far off. They have the next three games against "bad" teams... so he could easily get 2 or 3 per game there.

It also appears the jets are completely relying on Favre for any and all scoring. So, Redzone or not, Favre will be the one putting it in the endzone. That right there gives him more chances to score.

30+ for him is doable, maybe even mid to high 30's. This is again getting ahead of ourselves... but it's been so far so good really. Let's see what he does against the bills (currently, best team in his division).

mraynrand
09-29-2008, 07:16 AM
Brett Favre just tossed another TD pass.

Scott Campbell
09-29-2008, 07:18 AM
Brett Favre just tossed another TD pass.

I think he may break Barry Bonds record this year.

gex
09-29-2008, 04:00 PM

Mark me down for 39. Favralous!! :shock:

retailguy
09-29-2008, 06:16 PM
Well, if the chemistry keeps getting better and he gets more confortable with everything (playing for the jets,t eh offense, the wr's. and accepting that he is in this for the long haul), a 30+ TD season may not be too far off. They have the next three games against "bad" teams... so he could easily get 2 or 3 per game there.

It also appears the jets are completely relying on Favre for any and all scoring. So, Redzone or not, Favre will be the one putting it in the endzone. That right there gives him more chances to score.

30+ for him is doable, maybe even mid to high 30's. This is again getting ahead of ourselves... but it's been so far so good really. Let's see what he does against the bills (currently, best team in his division).

I'm going to be watching Thomas Jones. It'll be interesting to see if he starts to get opportunities as the season progresses. I think it's possible that the running game may start to open up a bit, and you'll see a more balanced team then they have right now. I agree, right now it's all favre all the time, but maybe, it'll let Jones go nuts too.

woodbuck27
09-29-2008, 06:41 PM

If Favre stays healthy and the offense grows with him; add as he gets to feel more at ease with his teams entire playbook.

Watch his magic. Damn already He's completed 70% of his pass's and his play selection looks awesome. That offense is his as long as Mangini uses common sense. Brett Favre see's too much and on a five WR front he's unstoppable as long as WR's run proper routes and Mangini and team management give him deep threats.

It's Favre's arm. So strong and accurate. He throws 35 - 40 yard bullets and right on the numbers this season. He still makes the really dumbass play too yet overall.

Dear GOD that man FAVRE is a great QB and in a Jets uniform? Uhhh?? Just too STUPID...Yet done and he's happy and psyched as a Jet. He's a helluva football player folks..... still has it very much so.

Hard to predict the number of TD's as WR's may disappear. Favre might fall to injury too. Karma says just wait and see. If he gets 30 with that Jet offense I'll be pleased. I'm more concerned that he plays well this year ansd is back next season to lead his team to more. Favre does have a superior OL to what the Packers have to deal with. The Jet OL is very solid to date. When they place the FB and RB and TE's on the line of scrimmage to block and Favre looks for the open man. It's devastating to opposition defenses. Favre's determined and really focused Packer fans so very patient and he finds his open man alot.

70% completions says alot.

Main thing. Favre looks very happy as a Jet. We should all at least be pleased for that fact. Not hate him.

Scott Campbell
09-29-2008, 06:53 PM
Main thing. Favre looks very happy as a Jet.

He should be pleased after that last game.

The talking heads disagree. They said his body language says he's unhappy with the situation, and his comments about the Packers hint at a lot of lingering bitterness.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-29-2008, 07:30 PM
Favre wont' be playing the cards every week, will he?

Bretsky
09-29-2008, 08:19 PM

If he gets the Lions twice he might have 7 TD's that game :idea:

Tyrone Bigguns
09-29-2008, 08:24 PM

Lions have a better secondary than the Cards. It isn't even close. I live in AZ. I watch them. Atrocious.

We are now on our second #1 pick for a cb.

Ask yourself..when was the last time a team had 4th and one...and went with a pass...not just a pass, but into the endzone.

MOBB DEEP
09-29-2008, 08:31 PM

I'm going to be watching Thomas Jones. It'll be interesting to see if he starts to get opportunities as the season progresses. I think it's possible that the running game may start to open up a bit, and you'll see a more balanced team then they have right now. I agree, right now it's all favre all the time, but maybe, it'll let Jones go nuts too.

leon washington is a great change-o-pace runner too. perhaps eventually they can be like marion (the librarian yesterday/lol) and felix jones

Zool
09-29-2008, 09:48 PM
Lions have a better secondary than the Cards. It isn't even close. I live in AZ. I watch them. Atrocious.

The 7 turnovers by AZ might have aided the cause a little. With 6 TD's passing and 56 points overall, you would assume the Jets would have more then 373 total yards of offense.

MOBB DEEP
09-29-2008, 10:32 PM

If Favre stays healthy and the offense grows with him; add as he gets to feel more at ease with his teams entire playbook.

Watch his magic. Damn already He's completed 70% of his pass's and his play selection looks awesome. That offense is his as long as Mangini uses common sense. Brett Favre see's too much and on a five WR front he's unstoppable as long as WR's run proper routes and Mangini and team management give him deep threats.

It's Favre's arm. So strong and accurate. He throws 35 - 40 yard bullets and right on the numbers this season. He still makes the really dumbass play too yet overall.

Dear GOD that man FAVRE is a great QB and in a Jets uniform? Uhhh?? Just too STUPID...Yet done and he's happy and psyched as a Jet. He's a helluva football player folks..... still has it very much so.

Hard to predict the number of TD's as WR's may disappear. Favre might fall to injury too. Karma says just wait and see. If he gets 30 with that Jet offense I'll be pleased. I'm more concerned that he plays well this year ansd is back next season to lead his team to more. Favre does have a superior OL to what the Packers have to deal with. The Jet OL is very solid to date. When they place the FB and RB and TE's on the line of scrimmage to block and Favre looks for the open man. It's devastating to opposition defenses. Favre's determined and really focused Packer fans so very patient and he finds his open man alot.

70% completions says alot.

Main thing. Favre looks very happy as a Jet. We should all at least be pleased for that fact. Not hate him.

i like this cat. SC, all i do is listen to talkn heads and ONLY skip bayless questioned his fire and that was only once.....show proof

OF COURSE after winning these next 3 (cincy, oak, kc) he'll be happy as a lark at 5-2

IM VERY HAPPY FOR HIM THAT HE'S OUTTA GB away from tt and the sinking ship...

mraynrand
09-30-2008, 12:22 AM

Ask yourself..when was the last time a team had 4th and one...and went with a pass...not just a pass, but into the endzone.

I made this point on the last page. Running up the score and/or was there something else going on? I choose running up the score. But pretty effin stupid on both teams playing to the wire. If Bolden out of the hospital?

If that had been Holmgren, Shermy, or even Ray Rhodes coaching, the Jets would have been running the ball at the end, not chucking it into the end zone to add stats for the QB.

BTW, Favre just threw ANOTHER TD pass.

mission
09-30-2008, 12:47 AM

I made this point on the last page. Running up the score and/or was there something else going on? I choose running up the score. But pretty effin stupid on both teams playing to the wire. If Bolden out of the hospital?

If that had been Holmgren, Shermy, or even Ray Rhodes coaching, the Jets would have been running the ball at the end, not chucking it into the end zone to add stats for the QB.

BTW, Favre just threw ANOTHER TD pass.

That's his 13th of the game, right?

GrnBay007
09-30-2008, 10:45 PM
FedEx Air Player of the week.

Vote for Favre here...

http://www.nfl.com/partner?partnerType=players-air-and-ground

gex
09-30-2008, 11:34 PM
:D

MOBB DEEP
10-01-2008, 07:00 AM
FedEx Air Player of the week.

Vote for Favre here...

http://www.nfl.com/partner?partnerType=players-air-and-ground

wouldnt it be great if air-rod and favre ended up winning half of the awards this season?

MOBB DEEP
10-01-2008, 07:06 AM

The talking heads disagree. They said his body language says he's unhappy with the situation, and his comments about the Packers hint at a lot of lingering bitterness.

during his press conference yesterday they askd him if it was true that he was on the sidelines telln the players "how happy he is to be a jet?" he confirmed that that was true and that he's said that before, not just after/during his big day (i.e., he's said it before and the other players know it but he wants them to remember it....politician? - lol)

i think he'll be REALLY happy during this bye week, have a chance to rehab ankle (as if he needs it - he he), and study playbook some more....

LET'S GOOOOOOO....

mraynrand
10-01-2008, 07:52 AM

Gotta love the BODY LANGUAGE EXPERTS on FOX. This coming Sunday: See when Favre runs around with his fist pumping and jumping on his offensive lineman after his 6th TD. He's overcompensating - it's an excessive response to hide the great sadness he feels. Clearly he is dying inside; truly the excessive exuberance - the slaps on the back on the sideline, the big smiles - are all pathetic attempts to hide the true feelings of a man suffering from severe depression brought on by either middle age crisis, rejection by a former lover, or both. See that? As he holds his index finger up running around after a TD toss, he is pointing to God as if to say: "God, please help me. Please." It is truly sad.

GrnBay007
10-01-2008, 07:55 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

KYPack
10-01-2008, 08:52 AM
Well Aynnie Randy, you've made some good posts over the months, but this one is a King Hell classic.

MOBB DEEP
10-02-2008, 06:52 AM
double 0, do u know who jackie mcmullen is?

GrnBay007
10-02-2008, 08:10 AM
Nope. Should I?

MOBB DEEP
10-02-2008, 12:04 PM
Nope. Should I?

boston globe reporter that frequents "around the horn"

whenever i see her i say she reminds me of you (my image of u)

funny, smart, can take some razzn from the 'boys' b/c comfortable in her skin, humble, runs her household, conservative dress/wholesome, respected

google

mraynrand
10-02-2008, 01:31 PM
Nope. Should I?

funny, smart, can take some razzn from the 'boys' b/c comfortable in her skin, humble, runs her household, conservative dress/wholesome, respected

google

I was thinking more along the lines of Woody Paige.

GrnBay007
10-02-2008, 06:11 PM
Nope. Should I?

google

Geez Mobb, what a nice compliment. Thanks! I googled and the first thing I found was this statement from her in an article....

"I have two school age children who are growing up before my eyes and I don’t want to miss anything. I’ve always said when I had to start fitting my life into my job instead of the other way around, it was time to go."
That's me to a T. My job can be a real pain in the behind but I'd say 95% of the time I'm able to fit my job into my life.....well, at least my kid's lives :P :D

GrnBay007
10-02-2008, 06:12 PM

I remind you of a gray-haired man?? :shock:

Scott Campbell
10-02-2008, 06:46 PM

:drma:

MOBB DEEP
10-02-2008, 07:16 PM
Nope. Should I?

google

LMBO..

MOBB DEEP
10-02-2008, 07:19 PM
Nope. Should I?

google

Geez Mobb, what a nice compliment. Thanks! I googled and the first thing I found was this statement from her in an article....

"I have two school age children who are growing up before my eyes and I don’t want to miss anything. I’ve always said when I had to start fitting my life into my job instead of the other way around, it was time to go."
That's me to a T. My job can be a real pain in the behind but I'd say 95% of the time I'm able to fit my job into my life.....well, at least my kid's lives :P :D

yeah. i got that vibe back at jso...it was sumthn u said......oh...obviously!

mad cool that that statement was 1st thing u found....

mraynrand
10-03-2008, 08:20 AM

Hee Hee. Just goofing around. I googled too, and Paige was on the 'Around the Horn' site too, so ...

GrnBay007
10-03-2008, 04:42 PM
Hee Hee. Just goofing around. I googled too, and Paige was on the 'Around the Horn' site too, so ...

No problem. :butt:

:wink:

gex
10-04-2008, 07:32 PM
Are the Bretts on a bye this week?

packerbacker1234
10-05-2008, 11:12 AM
Are the Bretts on a bye this week?

Yup. It's always good to go into a bye week on a high note.

The best part? When the packers have a by week I still have cause to watch football.

woodbuck27
10-05-2008, 02:05 PM
Anyone have theories on why Brett was in the game gunning for TDs up 48-35. Now I know it's a two score game, but they weren't even running the ball. Watching the end of that game, I figured the Jets were just pressing because the Cards wouldn't throw in the towel. Still, after the Jets went up 56-35, AZ kept pushing - and Boldin got hurt with about 30 seconds left. I was thinking that something crazy was going on.

ANYWAY, another possibility is that Favre was gunning/was allowed to gun for a personal record setting TD, for ... personal reasons. And yes, I am stirring the pot. I thought the end of that game was very odd.

Late in that game and I believe after favre had 5 TD pass's for two straight series,s the jets just tried to run the ball. favre just handed it off. The last TD pass came when the Cards again just turned it over and Favre must have said what the heck..this is too easy so I'll pass for another six and he did.

It5 was obvious to me that from the first half of the chargeres game the Jets best chance was a maximum protect on favre and fllod the field with receivers and he'd find the open man.

Favre has been the Jets over those last three halves. He's really playing huge this season to date. Having alot of fun and it's reported he's a real easy on the coaching staff player and very positive.

Pacopete4
10-05-2008, 04:13 PM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/10/05/roy-williams-is-upset/

Time for the Jets to push their hand all in and get Williams to give Favre another stud in NY.... anyone know if they have the money for something like this?

cpk1994
10-05-2008, 04:17 PM

Time for the Jets to push their hand all in and get Williams to give Favre another stud in NY.... anyone know if they have the money for something like this?No, they gave up all their cap room to get Favre. No way Roy Willimas is a Jet.

Pacopete4
10-05-2008, 04:21 PM

Time for the Jets to push their hand all in and get Williams to give Favre another stud in NY.... anyone know if they have the money for something like this?No, they gave up all their cap room to get Favre. No way Roy Willimas is a Jet.

do you happen to know where to find cap room for teams? or are just guessing? I cant find it anywhere..

cpk1994
10-05-2008, 04:30 PM

do you happen to know where to find cap room for teams? or are just guessing? I cant find it anywhere..Im not guessing, they had to make room just to fit Favre in.

GrnBay007
10-05-2008, 06:10 PM

Interesting......

Cards are in the process of taking down the undefeated, #1 of the AFC East. :D

Pacopete4
10-05-2008, 06:13 PM

Interesting......

ya those cardinals sure are trash...

I think what is shown was the Favre is a great QB... maybe its all bullshit that TT/MM revived his career.... maybe its possible that he gave them two careers?....

Zool
10-05-2008, 06:14 PM
Process over. Edwards got hurt and JP came in throwing deep and fumbling.

GBRulz
10-07-2008, 05:38 PM
This might have already been posted somewhere, but I haven't read hardly any of the threads from this weekend. Anyhow, I got this email titled "Dr. Ted Thompson" and have to share :)

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e189/gbrulz/image0012.jpg

arcilite
10-07-2008, 05:47 PM
some people in this thread make me sick

Tyrone Bigguns
10-07-2008, 06:22 PM

Interesting......

It might be nice if you actually could present a logical response. Cards beating the Bills doesnt' mean that they have a good secondary.

Hmm. Cards, like most teams are better at home.

Bills..do you really believe they are a great team.

Hmm....JP Losman playing for most of the game.

Hmm...Buffalo QBs 18 for 24. One Int....where is that vaunted secondary.

Hmm...Lee Evans with a 50 yard average...including an 87 yard reception.

Hmm...Buffalo with a 5 for 9 3rd down rate.

Hmm...buffalo with 3 fumbles lost. None caused by secondary.

gex
10-07-2008, 10:21 PM
This might have already been posted somewhere, but I haven't read hardly any of the threads from this weekend. Anyhow, I got this email titled "Dr. Ted Thompson" and have to share :)

Thats BOMNF :lol:

Gunakor
10-08-2008, 12:33 PM

Give Brett Favre a bunch of short fields against a horrible secondary and he's going to score a bunch of points. Kudos to the Jets defense and to Eric Mangini for inflating Brett's TD totals for the season.

Congratulations to Brett for the accomplishment. It's well deserved, even if it came several years too late and in another team's uniform. But don't try and convince anybody that he's a better QB for the Jets than he was for the Packers (or that he's a better QB for the Jets than RODGERS is for the Packers) simply because of a 6 TD, 289 yard performance against a shit secondary. Hell, if your team scores 56 points you'd expect 500+ yards of offense and they didn't even come close. It was ALL defense. It wasn't Favre's best game by a longshot, and proves absolutely nothing beyond the fact that he's a better QB for the Jets than Pennington was, and that the Jets defense is playing lights out this year compared to years past.

LL2
10-08-2008, 12:50 PM

Give Brett Favre a bunch of short fields against a horrible secondary and he's going to score a bunch of points. Kudos to the Jets defense and to Eric Mangini for inflating Brett's TD totals for the season.

Congratulations to Brett for the accomplishment. It's well deserved, even if it came several years too late and in another team's uniform. But don't try and convince anybody that he's a better QB for the Jets than he was for the Packers (or that he's a better QB for the Jets than RODGERS is for the Packers) simply because of a 6 TD, 289 yard performance against a shit secondary. Hell, if your team scores 56 points you'd expect 500+ yards of offense and they didn't even come close. It was ALL defense. It wasn't Favre's best game by a longshot, and proves absolutely nothing beyond the fact that he's a better QB for the Jets than Pennington was, and that the Jets defense is playing lights out this year compared to years past.

Good points! I'm sure there is a part of Brett that want's to out perform Rodgers in everyway. For a first year starter Rodgers is doing really good. He's a top 10 QB in overall statistics.

I want Brett and the Jets to do good enough to make the playoffs so the Packers get another 2nd rd pick.

Harlan Huckleby
10-08-2008, 12:50 PM

When people taunt Brett Favre, threads are moved to the garbage can, and the readers are treated to lectures on civility from the Prom Committee.

I don't mind GBRulz twisting the knife, everybody's entitled to a hobby, I just don't like the double standards.

gex
10-08-2008, 02:22 PM

WOW, Gee, Thank you so much, gunker, for taking time out of your no doubt busy life to come into the BRETT FAVRE thread and point out that it eats you up inside whenever there may be a kind or good humored thing said about the legend. Good job!(get over it) :roll:

Gunakor
10-08-2008, 02:33 PM

WOW, Gee, Thank you so much, gunker, for taking time out of your no doubt busy life to come into the BRETT FAVRE thread and point out that it eats you up inside whenever there may be a kind or good humored thing said about the legend. Good job!(get over it) :roll:

Did I not offer my congratulations? Did I not explicitly state that it was a well deserved accomplishment? It doesn't eat me up when people say good things about Favre - notice I said a few good things myself in this very post. But it is what it is. Don't call me out for giving you and other blind Favre followers a dose of reality. So before you post one of these rants again, take the time to read some of my other posts. You'll see that I have both good and bad things to say about Brett. It's not like I came in here boasting about how Favre has thrown more INT's than Rodgers this year, or that his team is no better off in the standings than ours is. Don't get all bent out of shape when someone puts things into perspective. Fuck, I didn't even insult Brett once in that post. I only put things into perspective.

Thank you for taking time out of your no doubt busy life to post a response.

mraynrand
10-08-2008, 02:42 PM
When people taunt Brett Favre, threads are moved to the garbage can, and the readers are treated to lectures on civility from the Prom Committee.

I don't mind GBRulz twisting the knife, everybody's entitled to a hobby, I just don't like the double standards.

Is this thing going to the GC?

Anyway, the serious Favre Fans need to ramp it down a bit, or your own good. I suspect that the Jets will struggle in a lot of games this season. They're just not that good. They could win 9 or ten games, but that means they are going to lose 4 or 5 more games, and given who they play, they could look pretty bad losing those games. I suspect Favre will look pretty bad in some of those losses, but don't take it so hard, because he will probably look pretty good in a lot of other games. he still is a pretty good QB. But that AZ game will probably be the best the Jets offense will look all year.

Harlan Huckleby
10-08-2008, 05:54 PM
Anyway, the serious Favre Fans need to ramp it down a bit, or your own good. I suspect that the Jets will struggle in a lot of games this season. They're just not that good.

Ahhh, I think you need to ramp it down, or you'll find yourself in the garbage can. I suspect you are going to struggle with some posts, you're just not that good.

Harlan Huckleby
10-08-2008, 05:58 PM

Right on, gex. GBrulz pointing out that the Legend has more talent in his pinky than Aaron Rodgers will ever have in his whole body is just tellin it like it is. Time for the Favre haters to face facts.

GBRulz
10-08-2008, 06:10 PM
GBrulz pointing out that the Legend has more talent in his pinky than Aaron Rodgers will ever have in his whole body is just tellin it like it is.

and where did I say this? Jesus Christ HH, if there isn't any drama going on with things, you just aren't happy are you?

I posted a pic from a freaken email. Isn't this the place to put Favre stuff? Am I starting separate threads all over the place??

Whether you like Favre or not, most find the pic funny. I think some of you have the thong a little too far up your ass.

Harlan Huckleby
10-08-2008, 06:14 PM
hey, I'm on your side. You go girl!

MJZiggy
10-08-2008, 06:36 PM
GBrulz pointing out that the Legend has more talent in his pinky than Aaron Rodgers will ever have in his whole body is just tellin it like it is.

and where did I say this? Jesus Christ HH, if there isn't any drama going on with things, you just aren't happy are you?

I posted a pic from a freaken email. Isn't this the place to put Favre stuff? Am I starting separate threads all over the place??

Whether you like Favre or not, most find the pic funny. I think some of you have the thong a little too far up your ass.

That brought about a painful visual...blech.

Gunakor
10-08-2008, 06:45 PM

No, it's in the right thread. I just wish it wouldn't be here at all. If you want to follow Favre, that is your choice and I'm not trying to say you can't or shouldn't. But anything that is directly or indirectly insulting OUR quarterback should not find it's way to a Packer forum. Cheer for him when he does well, but don't use that as ammunition against Rodgers when he struggles. Even in jest. Most Packer fans would not find that one funny.

For the record, I have always liked Brett Favre. I liked him alot more before he did Greta, but that doesn't take anything away from his legacy as a Packer. I do still cheer for him. But when I see things like that photo I get pissed because it's a slight against Rodgers, even if Rodgers is doing as well as anyone could possibly have imagined.

The comparisons between the two need to stop, partly because they are not the same QB, partly because they don't play for the same team, and partly because they do not play against the same teams. Being some of the most knowledgeable, football savvy fans in the entire country, I would hope Packer fans would realize this. Everything is completely subjective. And as such, no comparison of the two should be used to slight either QB.

I'm sorry for going off about the photo. I just find it tasteless and arrogant, and don't feel as though it should be pictured in any thread in a forum dedicated to Packers fans.

mraynrand
10-08-2008, 06:58 PM
Anyway, the serious Favre Fans need to ramp it down a bit, or your own good. I suspect that the Jets will struggle in a lot of games this season. They're just not that good.

Ahhh, I think you need to ramp it down, or you'll find yourself in the garbage can. I suspect you are going to struggle with some posts, you're just not that good.

good one :D

GBRulz
10-08-2008, 06:59 PM
I'm sorry for going off about the photo. I just find it tasteless and arrogant, and don't feel as though it should be pictured in any thread in a forum dedicated to Packers fans.

Well, it wasn't meant to offend anyone and I apologize if it did. It was an email titled "Dear Ted Thompson" and the way I read it, IF it's insulting at all, it's to TT, not Aaron. I think he is doing a fine job this year. Aaron, not TT :wink:

mraynrand
10-08-2008, 07:06 PM
But anything that is directly or indirectly insulting OUR quarterback should not find it's way to a Packer forum. Cheer for him when he does well, but don't use that as ammunition against Rodgers when he struggles. Even in jest.

Come on. Insulting the QB is a fans' birthright. Too bad our QB isn't Sage Rosenfels - we'd be having fun with Sundays' game for years to come...

Harlan Huckleby
10-08-2008, 07:07 PM
I'm not sure I'm on your side anymore, GBrulz, you're going all wobbly.

TT is the designated whipping boy (even though MM made the decision that he didn't want Favre on his team.) No fun in blaming him.

LEWCWA
10-08-2008, 07:22 PM

No, it's in the right thread. I just wish it wouldn't be here at all. If you want to follow Favre, that is your choice and I'm not trying to say you can't or shouldn't. But anything that is directly or indirectly insulting OUR quarterback should not find it's way to a Packer forum. Cheer for him when he does well, but don't use that as ammunition against Rodgers when he struggles. Even in jest. Most Packer fans would not find that one funny.

For the record, I have always liked Brett Favre. I liked him alot more before he did Greta, but that doesn't take anything away from his legacy as a Packer. I do still cheer for him. But when I see things like that photo I get pissed because it's a slight against Rodgers, even if Rodgers is doing as well as anyone could possibly have imagined.

The comparisons between the two need to stop, partly because they are not the same QB, partly because they don't play for the same team, and partly because they do not play against the same teams. Being some of the most knowledgeable, football savvy fans in the entire country, I would hope Packer fans would realize this. Everything is completely subjective. And as such, no comparison of the two should be used to slight either QB.

Jesus you need a cookie and a hug too. What an f'ing pooosy

Gunakor
10-08-2008, 07:46 PM

Jesus you need a cookie and a hug too. What an f'ing pooosy

See, I try to be polite in my posts and I get shit like this. Go fuck yourself dude.

Pacopete4
10-08-2008, 09:14 PM
See, I try to be polite in my posts and I get shit like this. Go fuck yourself dude.

I just need to ask... were u really offended by the picture she posted? I just wanna serious answer

KYPack
10-08-2008, 09:29 PM
Leave Michelle alone.

Motherfuckers.

GrnBay007
10-08-2008, 09:33 PM
Leave Michelle alone.

Motherfuckers.

one L :wink:

and yeah, it's a joke. No different then the pics that were posted during the off season of Brett in a diaper demanding "I want to play!"

Pacopete4
10-08-2008, 09:36 PM
Leave Michelle alone.

Motherfuckers.

one L :wink:

and yeah, it's a joke. No different then the pics that were posted during the off season of Brett in a diaper demanding "I want to play!"

Its very different.. this a Packer board, and we are Packer fans, and we dont want that crap about Brett Favre ripping TT anymore! :lol:

GrnBay007
10-08-2008, 09:38 PM
:butt:

:wink:

Harlan Huckleby
10-08-2008, 09:40 PM
yeah, it's a joke. No different then the pics that were posted during the off season of Brett in a diaper demanding "I want to play!"

exactly true. The same thing, taunting.

if some people get upset and call GBRulz on it, that's understandable.

no problem with the joking around, no problem with people getting their undies in a bundle - just as long as they don't stay bunched up permanently.

And nobody ought to be giving lectures on civility. (except, did I just give a lecture on civility? :?: )

GrnBay007
10-08-2008, 09:43 PM
I think it makes a difference if it's a joke or malicious.

Harlan Huckleby
10-08-2008, 09:47 PM

I see. A picture of Favre in diapers in malicious.

A picture of Favre saying "I passed for more touchdowns in 3 hours than Aaron Rodgers has all season" - that's a joke.

:lol: Now I see the definition of civility.

GrnBay007
10-08-2008, 09:50 PM

I see. A picture of Favre in diapers in malicious.

A picture of Favre saying "I passed for more touchdowns in 3 hours than Aaron Rodgers has all season" - that's a joke.

:lol: Now I see the definition of civility.

LOL herrrrre we go. I knew you were just waiting in the shadows for your chance to pounce on someone. I never said Favre in a diaper was malicious. I said it was a JOKE........just like the pic posted above.

Harlan Huckleby
10-08-2008, 09:56 PM
oh, ok, excuse my bad guess.

I can't say I've ever seen anything from the Favre Wars that would fall into the "malicious" category. did somebody post naked pictures of Deana Favre from her experimental lesbian year?

GrnBay007
10-08-2008, 09:58 PM
I can't say I've ever seen anything from the Favre Wars that would fall into the "malicious" category.

Really? I saw lots of it a couple months ago.

Harlan Huckleby
10-08-2008, 10:01 PM
Some would say Favre's behavior was malicious.

GrnBay007
10-08-2008, 10:03 PM
That's your opinion

Harlan Huckleby
10-08-2008, 10:05 PM
did you see any malicous behavior from Favre and his supporters?

an attempt at vengeance? why, Favre himself owned-up to such motives.