PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

Joemailman
10-25-2010, 12:24 AM
Brett Favre Sucks!

On pace for 19 TDs, 27 INTs, 86.0 passer rating. Worst year of his career.

Actually, 68.0 passer rating. Yes, that would be his worst.

vince
10-25-2010, 05:45 AM
Brett Favre Sucks!

Thanks for correcting my dyslexia Joe.

Fritz
10-25-2010, 06:51 AM
I keep saying it, but it's true: Ziggy's right. Favre's stated worst fear - hanging around too long - is coming true before our eyes.

I must say my joy was immense (and everybody in the bar knew it) when Favre threw those interceptions...especially the one to Bishop.

And Chilly throwing Favre under the bus...wow. Gonna be fun in Minny this week!

This year is the price the Vikes paid for last year.

hoosier
10-25-2010, 07:35 AM
It's a near total meltdown in Purple Town. Chilly even said he was planning on yanking Bert after the pick six. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Fritz
10-25-2010, 08:50 AM
I am loving this. Meltdown in Minny coming?

Does Chilly see that the season and Favre are toast, so now he's gonna try to get control of the team back by criticizing Lord F publicly?

sheepshead
10-25-2010, 08:54 AM
I keep saying it, but it's true: Ziggy's right. Favre's stated worst fear - hanging around too long - is coming true before our eyes.

I must say my joy was immense (and everybody in the bar knew it) when Favre threw those interceptions...especially the one to Bishop.

And Chilly throwing Favre under the bus...wow. Gonna be fun in Minny this week!

This year is the price the Vikes paid for last year.

:glug:

Joemailman
10-25-2010, 08:56 AM
Brett Favre Sucks!

Thanks for correcting my dyslexia Joe.

Er'uoy Emoclew.

vince
10-25-2010, 09:03 AM
:lol: I have to say I'm having a difficult time focusing on anything but Packers this morning.

vince
10-25-2010, 09:12 AM
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c343/twernke/Packers/182634601.jpg

vince
10-25-2010, 09:18 AM
Brett Favre Sucks!

On pace for 19 TDs, 27 INTs, 68.0 passer rating. Worst year of his career.
Forgot another important fact... 14 turnovers total has led directly to 51 opponent pts.

On pace for 37 TO's leading to 136 opponent points... 8.5 per game...

His 19 TD passes are on pace to give his own team 133 points... 8.31 per game...

Did I mention that Brett Favre Sucks! ?

Joemailman
10-25-2010, 09:54 AM

He's also learning that being Randy Moss' QB isn't all he thought it would be. Favre's greatest weakness may be that he never gives up on a play. Moss most certainly does not have that problem.

Fritz
10-25-2010, 02:35 PM
I heard that Favre tried to throw Moss under the bus today - but he missed.

:rs:

packers11
10-25-2010, 03:05 PM
pft.com

Childress: Favre in walking boot, has stress fracture

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on October 25, 2010 3:43 PM ET
Minnesota's loss to Green Bay Sunday night will be costly in more ways than one.

Vikings coach Brad Childress revealed at his press conference Monday that Brett Favre is in a walking boot. An MRI revealed Favre has two fractures in his ankle: an avulsion fracture and stress fracture. They will not require surgery.

It's worth noting the injuries can't be overly devastating, because Childress wouldn't rule anything out about Favre's status this week, calling him "day to day."

Asked if Favre has to practice for a chance to play against the Patriots, Childress indicated most players have to practice to play. Childress said Favre wouldn't necessarily get more leeway than anyone else in deciding his status. The coach isn't worried about Favre's starting streak.

"We have to do what's right for Minnesota Vikings," Childress said.

That may not include Favre this week. (Although we'll believe Favre is sitting when Tarvaris Jackson lines up under center, and not before.)

red
10-25-2010, 03:31 PM
I heard that Favre tried to throw Moss under the bus today - but he missed.

:rs:

lol

red
10-25-2010, 03:34 PM
pft.com

Minnesota's loss to Green Bay Sunday night will be costly in more ways than one.

Vikings coach Brad Childress revealed at his press conference Monday that Brett Favre is in a walking boot. An MRI revealed Favre has two fractures in his ankle: an avulsion fracture and stress fracture. They will not require surgery.

It's worth noting the injuries can't be overly devastating, because Childress wouldn't rule anything out about Favre's status this week, calling him "day to day."

Asked if Favre has to practice for a chance to play against the Patriots, Childress indicated most players have to practice to play. Childress said Favre wouldn't necessarily get more leeway than anyone else in deciding his status. The coach isn't worried about Favre's starting streak.

That may not include Favre this week. (Although we'll believe Favre is sitting when Tarvaris Jackson lines up under center, and not before.)

i gotta believe the streak comes to an end this week. 2 fractures in the ankle, in a walking boot, and his coach has come out and says he sucks.

if the streak is ever gonna come to an end, this would be it. and if it happens i expect the team to put him on the IR and end breets career

his last game was the one we watched last night

swede
10-25-2010, 03:59 PM
pft.com

i gotta believe the streak comes to an end this week. 2 fractures in the ankle, in a walking boot, and his coach has come out and says he sucks.

if the streak is ever gonna come to an end, this would be it. and if it happens i expect the team to put him on the IR and end breets career

Brett should try to get better. Next year he can upgrade the Bear's QB position and get a few more shots at us while he is still in his 40's.

Fritz
10-25-2010, 04:39 PM
pft.com

The boldfaced portion illustrates Chilly's extreme pussiocity.

Now that Brent is broken down and used up, Chilly's gonna take back control of his team!

I'm sure the Vikes' players can see through Chilly like he's an invisibility cloak.

bobblehead
10-25-2010, 06:27 PM
pft.com

Call me a cynical conspiracy theorist....i want to see the MRI for myself.

Jimx29
10-25-2010, 11:33 PM
http://i55.tinypic.com/2nktbpj.jpg

channtheman
10-26-2010, 12:29 AM
^ Fucking funny!

LP
10-27-2010, 01:45 PM
Who runs the circus that is the Vikings?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/10/27/favre-on-childress-i-know-whats-expected-of-me-i-dont-need-him-or-anyone-else-to-tell-me-that/

Tony Oday
10-27-2010, 02:29 PM
1:01
[Comment From ToddB]
How bad is chemistry between Chilly and Favre?
1:02
Jay Glazer: The Bloods and the Crips work better together

That is from Glazer's Chat today

Cheesehead Craig
10-27-2010, 04:27 PM
I've never heard this much clamor from a fan base wanting to bench Favre. I'd say it's about 50/50 from what I've heard here in the Twin Cities between Favre and TJack.

Scott Campbell
10-29-2010, 12:07 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v257/DosaRavengard/Will_Stuff/favrefunnysign.jpg

:lol:

Scott Campbell
10-29-2010, 12:10 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v257/DosaRavengard/Will_Stuff/favrefunny_1.jpg

Scott Campbell
10-29-2010, 12:12 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v257/DosaRavengard/Will_Stuff/funny.jpg

pbmax
10-29-2010, 12:28 PM
OK, a correction. I claimed that Favre was being give a boost of an injury excuse by referring to what I thought were severe sprains as fractures. Originally, I read that he had an avulsion.

But according to Rosenthal (quoting Chilly) and Zulgad on the radio today, he has a stress fracture as well as the avulsion. If true, then I retract the charge that this is being trumped up.

mraynrand
10-29-2010, 01:55 PM
OK, a correction. I claimed that Favre was being give a boost of an injury excuse by referring to what I thought were severe sprains as fractures. Originally, I read that he had an avulsion.

But according to Rosenthal (quoting Chilly) and Zulgad on the radio today, he has a stress fracture as well as the avulsion. If true, then I retract the charge that this is being trumped up.

Well, a stress fracture can be a pretty minor thing. I had a pretty good one in my left foot playing ultimate frisbee (Don't laugh - it was in the highly competitive MUFA league in Madison). It hurt a lot, but I could keep playing. Walking the next day wasn't much fun.

Tony Oday
10-29-2010, 02:04 PM

Well, a stress fracture can be a pretty minor thing. I had a pretty good one in my left foot playing ultimate frisbee (Don't laugh - it was in the highly competitive MUFA league in Madison). It hurt a lot, but I could keep playing. Walking the next day wasn't much fun.

LOL had too! All I can see is you saying..."Im ready coach I just shotgunned a schlitz doesnt hurt at all!"

ThunderDan
10-29-2010, 02:08 PM

I didn't think MUFA allowed conservatives to play in their league!

mraynrand
10-29-2010, 02:11 PM

I registered as 'Tammy Baldwin.'

Scott Campbell
10-29-2010, 02:14 PM
http://www.dumbfans.com/wp-content/uploads/deannapalm.jpg

Thanks Ted! :lol:

ThunderDan
10-29-2010, 02:30 PM

Good thinking!

ThunderDan
10-29-2010, 02:31 PM

Who eats a MinuteMaid frozen ice treat at a NFL football game?!

Joemailman
10-29-2010, 05:04 PM

A Viking fan.

swede
10-30-2010, 09:18 AM

I contacted my Minnesota relatives and this is what Uncle Arvin came up with:

Hello swede,

Ralph Swindall come over today to help me with the electric fence out in the feed lot and while he was here he helped me with the computer. Been havin' some problems with Spam is what he says and I guess that's what we get for buyin a used computer from the Hormel Plant over to Austin. Anyway we fished a swallow nest out of the telephone box and got the dial-up working again so that's how I come to see your e-mail and also one from Billy from Mankato but seen as he grajduated in '07 it must have been awhile as we've checked. Been pretty busy.

As to your question about the photo it took a while to load the thing but while it was kind of building up one little row at a time I went to town and Laralee got a few loads of warsh done. Laralee looked at the picture around supper and she says it sure looks like Ed Tuttle's boy Cody who won a pair of tickets to the Vikings games in a raffle up to the feed mill. Those Minute Maid treats were two for two bucks at the Red Owl in Bloomington so he probably snuck one in as Cody tosses around quarters like manhole covers which makes him a lot like Julius Tuttle anyway.

Don't know the girl, but at church they was sayin that he's been goin around with a girl from the cities.

Wouldn't hurt to have you visit once in a while.

Arvin

mraynrand
10-30-2010, 09:26 AM

I contacted my Minnesota relatives and this is what Uncle Arvin came up with:

Hello swede,

Ralph Swindall come over today to help me with the electric fence out in the feed lot and while he was here he helped me with the computer. Been havin' some problems with Spam is what he says and I guess that's what we get for buyin a used computer from the Hormel Plant over to Austin. Anyway we fished a swallow nest out of the telephone box and got the dial-up working again so that's how I come to see your e-mail and also one from Billy from Mankato but seen as he grajduated in '07 it must have been awhile as we've checked. Been pretty busy.

As to your question about the photo it took a while to load the thing but while it was kind of building up one little row at a time I went to town and Laralee got a few loads of warsh done. Laralee looked at the picture around supper and she says it sure looks like Ed Tuttle's boy Cody who won a pair of tickets to the Vikings games in a raffle up to the feed mill. Those Minute Maid treats were two for two bucks at the Red Owl in Bloomington so he probably snuck one in as Cody tosses around quarters like manhole covers which makes him a lot like Julius Tuttle anyway.

Don't know the girl, but at church they was sayin that he's been goin around with a girl from the cities.

Wouldn't hurt to have you visit once in a while.

Arvin

That's good copy. We may have a writer for Lake Wobegon on the staff of Packerrats.

Fritz
10-30-2010, 10:54 AM
Looks like the girlfriend of Ed Tuttle's boy Cody has some mighty big hooters. Or at least one of them is, since that's all we can see in the picture.

Say Hi to Uncle A.

pbmax
10-30-2010, 11:33 AM

That counts as right wing in some parts of Madison. :D

But I never got the "stoner" vibe from your posts that I have come to expect from UF. That must be my prejudice showing through.

mraynrand
10-30-2010, 01:26 PM

But I never got the "stoner" vibe from your posts that I have come to expect from UF. That must be my prejudice showing through.

Dude, chill. Like, bro-ski, you fo shore is harshing my buzz.

ThunderDan
10-30-2010, 01:59 PM

Dude, it's don't harsh my mellow.

channtheman
10-30-2010, 02:10 PM
Favre to start Sunday, shocking I know.

vince
10-30-2010, 02:10 PM
Looks like Favre might be getting his mellow harshed too.

"Brett Favre's Wife Gunning For Divorce" (http://www.showbizspy.com/article/216806/brett-favres-wife-gunning-for-a-divorce-sources-claim.html)

Sources say Deanna Favre is gunning for a divorce after her sports star husband was accused of sending explicit text messages and photos to a female reporter who worked for the NY Jets in 2008.

In other news...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/10/30/brett-favre-expects-to-play-against-patriots/

ESPN's Ed Werder spoke with Favre Saturday afternoon, and relays that Favre expects to start. His ankle has reportedly "healed significantly." Shocker. Favre said he wouldn't have made the trip unless he expected to start.

Childress reportedly was "leaning towards" starting Tarvaris Jackson, so Favre is making it clear through the media that he thinks he's ready to go. Like we've said all week, we'd be shocked if Favre doesn't ultimately get the call.

The meltdown continues....

Scott Campbell
10-30-2010, 03:07 PM
Sources say Deanna Favre is gunning for a divorce after her sports star husband was accused of sending explicit text messages and photos to a female reporter who worked for the NY Jets in 2008.

Surely Deanna must know that this whole thing is Ted's fault. :lol:

mmmdk
10-30-2010, 03:32 PM

Surely Deanna must know that this whole thing is Ted's fault. :lol:

Funny stuff :lol:

I hope Deanna does it; BF, that scumbag, deserves it.

mraynrand
10-30-2010, 04:35 PM

"Brett Favre's Wife Gunning For Divorce" (http://www.showbizspy.com/article/216806/brett-favres-wife-gunning-for-a-divorce-sources-claim.html)
[quote]Sources say Deanna Favre is gunning for a divorce after her sports star husband was accused of sending explicit text messages and photos to a female reporter who worked for the NY Jets in 2008.

What's the reliability quotient over there at www.showbizspy.com?

mraynrand
10-30-2010, 04:39 PM

Dude, it's don't harsh my mellow.

You just take care of your own marshmallows and leave my buzz alone

http://www.freshmilc.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/stay-puft-marshmallow-man.jpghttp://www.geekalerts.com/u/buzz-costume.jpg

I can safely tell you this: Nothing could be more embarrassing to a teenager than dropping them off at school wearing a Buzz Lightyear uni (This is my 'Apocalypse Threat' for my daughter if she gets outta line).

Freak Out
10-30-2010, 04:48 PM
How ya'll livin?

Scott Campbell
10-30-2010, 04:58 PM

I imagine it's reasonably reliable - as long as they're not Canadian.

vince
10-30-2010, 05:06 PM
Mellow harsher.

Cheesehead Craig
10-30-2010, 05:52 PM
Why would Deanna look for a divorce? I mean Brett's innocent right? :wink:

MJZiggy
10-30-2010, 05:56 PM
All except that admitting-to-part-of-it detail...

Joemailman
10-30-2010, 06:00 PM

She wants to wake up one morning and say "Thanks Ted."

channtheman
10-31-2010, 01:01 AM

I imagine it's reasonably reliable - as long as they're not Canadian.

gex
10-31-2010, 01:33 AM
Don't mean to take everyone away from their soap opera drama here, but...
If Brett plays this week, how's it gonna go, ...2td 300yds.
Should be a better start than Arod vs the Jets.
Heres some predictions on the final records:
http://www.fantasyindex.com/content_sections/display_entry/2861

Tarlam!
10-31-2010, 01:53 AM

Wow, if this is true, he's gonna get fleeced! Hush money for Steger, half his wealth to Deanna and a whopping alimoney/palimoney settlement to boot.

I can't wait for this to get really messy publicly! :twisted:

Fritz
10-31-2010, 08:57 AM
Nothing will ever hurt Deanna as badly as Hitler was hurt upon learning that Brent signed on with the Vikings:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDhD7ekiQPY&feature=related

Cheesehead Craig
10-31-2010, 09:42 AM
I don't think Brett's gonna do as well as many think. I think AP is gonna have a field day, but Brett's not going to be spectacular.

Tarlam!
10-31-2010, 09:53 AM
Nothing will ever hurt Deanna as badly as Hitler was hurt upon learning that Brent signed on with the Vikings:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDhD7ekiQPY&feature=related

It never ever ever gets too old!

MJZiggy
10-31-2010, 10:20 AM

He's playing on a broken ankle that threw his throw off last week causing 3 picks behind a line that hasn't been stellar of late keeping him on his feet with a coach who completely called him out last week. He's a total sitting duck out there and you're thinking 300 yards? :?: He has the worst QB rating in the NFC North. I'll be a little surprised if he makes it through the game. He just doesn't have the credibility to suck for a game or two (or six) that he used to.

Tarlam!
10-31-2010, 10:44 AM
If I'm Chilly, I put this guy in as the 3rd stinger for this game. A broken Bert doesn't give them the best chance to win. A hungry back-up that had a chance to learn behind a legend for a season and a half, like Rodger, is a far more suitable starter.

Thankfully, Chilly is a puss and will start Bert and that's a good thing for Packer fans.

ThunderDan
10-31-2010, 11:10 AM

I would bet my house against 300 yards and 2 TDs. I would bet every nickle I own against that.

NE will pressure BF and make him move. With a "broken" ankle BF will not throw well on the move and the Viking OL will not give him a clean pocket all day to sit in. NE is going to rein in their offense and play more ball control. I think the TOP could be 37-23 in NE's favor.

MINN will be lucky to score 13 points today. I see it 27-13 NE.

Bretsky
10-31-2010, 11:17 AM
I too have a feeling this one will be ugly for the Vikes; I think the Vikes hit rock bottom today and lose b 2 plus TDs

imscott72
10-31-2010, 05:52 PM
The era might have ended today..Favre off on a cart to the locker room..

Tarlam!
10-31-2010, 05:53 PM

Such a shame. Looks like he broke his jaw. The sad part for me is it was aPatsie and not a Packer. Friggit my hate for Bert is turning me into a monster!

imscott72
10-31-2010, 06:01 PM

Such a shame. Looks like he broke his jaw. The sad part for me is it was aPatsie and not a Packer. Friggit my hate for Bert is turning me into a monster!

Yea I didn't want it to end for him like that. I feel bad for him. Why I don't know, but I do.

Fritz
10-31-2010, 06:05 PM
Scott, let me help you out:

F_ck him, and his mother, and everybody who looks like him.

He chose this. Remember that.

steve823
10-31-2010, 06:19 PM
Great to see Favre go down and the Vikings fail. Overall just a great day of football.

mmmdk
10-31-2010, 06:27 PM

You're not a monster.

red
10-31-2010, 06:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzfY-aXGcBY&feature=related

if he broke his jaw then that has to be it right? can a qb play with a jaw wired shut?

its amazing, aikmen kept saying it was a clean hit, but it sure as hell looked like a pretty obvious helmet shot to the jaw

well ten years ago or so i started saying that he'll have to be carted off the field when his career is over. today he was carted off

Iron Mike
10-31-2010, 06:33 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_QLRcke7VOWg/TFp94rrHE2I/AAAAAAAACZE/EJdzBZ8zqbM/s1600/brett-favre-crying%5B1%5D.jpg

The Shadow
10-31-2010, 06:37 PM

She wants to wake up one morning and say "Thanks Ted."

:D

gbgary
10-31-2010, 06:44 PM

if he broke his jaw then that has to be it right? can a qb play with a jaw wired shut?

its amazing, aikmen kept saying it was a clean hit, but it sure as hell looked like a pretty obvious helmet shot to the jaw

well ten years ago or so i started saying that he'll have to be carted off the field when his career is over. today he was carted off

don't think so. helmet was in his chest and slid up to his chin. ten stitches and spoke fine after the game. should have stayed retired the first time.

http://l.yimg.com/a/p/sp/tools/med/2010/10/ipt/1288567390.jpg

MJZiggy
10-31-2010, 06:56 PM

don't think so. helmet was in his chest and slid up to his chin.

From that pic, I'm surprised he didn't bite his tongue in half.

Lurker64
10-31-2010, 07:00 PM
I've always liked Myron Pryor.

(No seriously, look up the 2009 NFL Draft threads).

Travbrew
10-31-2010, 07:41 PM

hehehehe.

Care to repeat/stand by your prediction? Not quite sure I could decipher what you said with the #4 inch cock in your mouth.

Seriously who gives a shit about stats. Who won ass hat? Maybe someone should have hung them up after last season, yes?

Iron Mike
10-31-2010, 07:45 PM
http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/1272/favrecart.jpg

Travbrew
10-31-2010, 07:47 PM

hehehehe.

Care to repeat/stand by your prediction? Not quite sure I could decipher what you said with the #4 inch cock in your mouth.

Seriously who gives a shit about stats. Who won ass hat? Maybe someone should have hung them up after last season, yes?

Too soon? :lol:

ThunderDan
10-31-2010, 08:26 PM

I would bet my house against 300 yards and 2 TDs. I would bet every nickle I own against that.

NE will pressure BF and make him move. With a "broken" ankle BF will not throw well on the move and the Viking OL will not give him a clean pocket all day to sit in. NE is going to rein in their offense and play more ball control. I think the TOP could be 37-23 in NE's favor.

MINN will be lucky to score 13 points today. I see it 27-13 NE.

Let's see:

28-18 NE
Favre 259y 0 TD 1 Int
25-35 TOP in favor of MINN

Zool
10-31-2010, 09:15 PM

don't think so. helmet was in his chest and slid up to his chin. ten stitches and spoke fine after the game. should have stayed retired the first time.

Top of the helmet to the midsection should still get him a fine this week. Maybe a suspension?

Joemailman
10-31-2010, 09:25 PM
Looks more to me like his facemask is in Favre's midsection. The top of the helmet is what hit Favre in the chin.

Scott Campbell
10-31-2010, 09:38 PM

Yeah, poor Bert keeps getting dragged kicking and screaming into all this drama by the posters at PackerRats. :lol:

Cheesehead Craig
10-31-2010, 09:39 PM

Top of the helmet to the midsection should still get him a fine this week. Maybe a suspension?

Not a chance. It was a totally legal hit. Watch the play vs just looking at a picture. No fine, no suspension, no nothing.

vince
11-01-2010, 07:26 AM
I'm no doctor, but being carted off the field seems a bit dramatic for a cut on the chin... :lol:

Take me home, country road, to the place I belong...

Scott Campbell
11-01-2010, 07:31 AM
Bert. On a cart. In the fetal position.

He's like a kid out there!!!!!!

pbmax
11-01-2010, 08:05 AM
Hasselback always loved being around Brett.

red
11-01-2010, 08:24 AM
I'm no doctor, but being carted off the field seems a bit dramatic for a cut on the chin... :lol:

what was over the top was joe buck or whoever it was saying that "our thoughts are with brett favre" right after the game ended. like he had been laying on the field for a half hour unable to move anything below his neck or sonething

Pugger
11-01-2010, 09:24 AM

what was over the top was joe buck or whoever it was saying that "our thoughts are with brett favre" right after the game ended. like he had been laying on the field for a half hour unable to move anything below his neck or sonething

Check out the score being shown in the upper right hand corner of the picture! :lol:

packerbacker1234
11-01-2010, 09:32 AM
To his credit, Favre actually did play a good game, definitely his best game of the season. The one pick should of been caught by harvin, but he couldn't handle it. That pick is what turned the game, as it was converted into a TD.

Also, Minny's defense is showing problems still. Favre puts together a long 4th Q drive, T-Jack finishes the drive off... plenty of time. What does Minn's defense do? ALlow them to run the ball the length of the field for a TD.

I don't know if they simply had the wind taken out of them when Favre was taken off the field or what. but the defense really was a let down for them when the offense finally got it together.

I'll give Favre props for playing better. But now, at 2-5, they are in a must win situation in every game they play for the next 6 weeks. If they can crawl back out at 6-5, they can then see where they stand in the division and in the WC race.

If they lose and go to 2-6... it's not over, but it might as well be.

mraynrand
11-01-2010, 10:18 AM
I'll give Favre props for playing better. But now, at 2-5, they are in a must win situation in every game they play for the next 6 weeks. If they can crawl back out at 6-5, they can then see where they stand in the division and in the WC race.

If they lose and go to 2-6... it's not over, but it might as well be.

Keep hope alive! Don't lose faith, there! Favre may yet drag that team kicking and screaming to the playoffs, even if Randy would rather be in NE. Vikings usually play the Packers very tough at the dome, so they likely will win that game in two weeks. Like I said, don't jump of the bandwagon, Favre may lead your team to the playoffs yet!

mraynrand
11-01-2010, 10:21 AM

Mike Tirico: "My thoughts and prayers are with Brett Favre." "It's good for the NFL when Chicago is winning!"

HarveyWallbangers
11-01-2010, 11:12 AM
Also, Minny's defense is showing problems still. Favre puts together a long 4th Q drive, T-Jack finishes the drive off... plenty of time. What does Minn's defense do? ALlow them to run the ball the length of the field for a TD.

Sounds like Aaron Rodgers for most of the 2008 season, but not a lot of people were giving him much credit for it. All they cared talking about was how few 4th quarter comebacks he had--even though in a handful of games he gave the team the lead late (only to have the defense blow it in the last couple of minutes).

ThunderDan
11-01-2010, 11:40 AM

Sounds like Aaron Rodgers for most of the 2008 season, but not a lot of people were giving him much credit for it. All they cared talking about was how few 4th quarter comebacks he had--even though in a handful of games he gave the team the lead late (only to have the defense blow it in the last couple of minutes).

Except that ARod would get us the lead or a tie and not just a FG down like BF.

mngolf19
11-01-2010, 12:18 PM
I'm trying to figure out why people are celebrating his injury. Hate the guy but why celebrate his injury?

pbmax
11-01-2010, 12:27 PM
I'm trying to figure out why people are celebrating his injury. Hate the guy but why celebrate his injury?
I don't think celebrating his injury is quite the right description. Schadenfavre, maybe, but not celebrating.

But I do wonder if someone's description of him as "woozy" (was it Chilly?) will come back to bite them if the NFL insists on evaluating him for a concussion.

Scott Campbell
11-01-2010, 12:27 PM

Because celebrating your 2-5 record seems like poor sportsmanship.

channtheman
11-01-2010, 12:35 PM
I love seeing Favre hurt. Should have stayed retired.

Guiness
11-01-2010, 12:39 PM

Are we celebrating his injury?

I guess some might be. I know I'm not, but I'm not crying any tears either. Not because I'm happy he got hurt, but because I so want him to just go away at this point. The way things have gone this season, I wouldn't be surprised to find out some in Minny feel the same way.

I guess it's still 'mathematically possible' for the Vikings to turn things around this season, but I don't think many think it's possible. At what point do they put T-Jack (where's Booty these days?) in, start thinking about what the DL needs to sort it out, and look to the future?

IMO getting Moss was not a horrible idea, it could've been the spark the team needed. But it didn't work, and things aren't going to get better this season.

vince
11-01-2010, 12:46 PM
Got a chuckle out of this...

Two large birds have traffic stopped outside #Vikings HQ. Turns out they're wild turkeys. My first instinct was vultures.

gbgary
11-01-2010, 12:52 PM

Because celebrating your 2-5 record seems like poor sportsmanship.

hoosier
11-01-2010, 12:54 PM

I guess some might be. I know I'm not, but I'm not crying any tears either. Not because I'm happy he got hurt, but because I so want him to just go away at this point. The way things have gone this season, I wouldn't be surprised to find out some in Minny feel the same way.

I guess it's still 'mathematically possible' for the Vikings to turn things around this season, but I don't think many think it's possible. At what point do they put T-Jack (where's Booty these days?) in, start thinking about what the DL needs to sort it out, and look to the future?

IMO getting Moss was not a horrible idea, it could've been the spark the team needed. But it didn't work, and things aren't going to get better this season.

I know what you mean about wanting him to go away, but personally I am torn. As much as I am sick of being exposed to a Favre driven media circus, without Favre's presence I am not sure that the Vikings would be the train wreck they are right now. So ask yourself, are you sure you wouldn't like him to stick around just a little longer? :lol:

swede
11-01-2010, 01:13 PM

Invoking the Dilbert character, Phil, I dang Favre to Heck every time I see him play, but I felt bad for him as I watched the blood stream between his fingers. I figured his jaw was broken.

I celebrate his interceptions, and I like to see him get thumped, but I'm not wishing compound fractures on the guy.

Guiness
11-01-2010, 01:13 PM
I know what you mean about wanting him to go away, but personally I am torn. As much as I am sick of being exposed to a Favre driven media circus, without Favre's presence I am not sure that the Vikings would be the train wreck they are right now. So ask yourself, are you sure you wouldn't like him to stick around just a little longer? :lol:

No. I want Chilly to stay, but it was more FUN making fun of 'Jump Pass'!

mraynrand
11-01-2010, 01:17 PM

Invoking the Dilbert character, Phil, I dang Favre to Heck every time I see him play, but I felt bad for him as I watched the blood stream between his fingers. I figured his jaw was broken.

I celebrate his interceptions, and I like to see him get thumped, but I'm not wishing compound fractures on the guy.

This is pretty much where I'm at. Because he's playing for the Vikings. I had a lot of fun watching him play for the Jets until he got 'injured.' (Show us the scar!!!)

vince
11-01-2010, 01:20 PM
I just thought it was a little strange he made such a big deal out of his chin. He's surely not being disingenuous or trying to deceive anyone one way or another is he?

I do find it humorously ironic that he said his whole career that he wasn't going to be one of those guys who hung on too long.

Now HERE are some guys laughing at his injury...
http://stmedia.startribune.com/images/640*490/2vike110110.jpg

HowardRoark
11-01-2010, 01:20 PM
I read this quote from Favre in the Strib today:

“I was shocked that I was able to play and move around the way I was.”

1. So, why did you want to start then?
2. Don’t hurt your shoulder now too patting yourself on the back.

channtheman
11-01-2010, 01:24 PM

This is so true. Right now, I think the Vikes would be better with TJack at the helm. Favre playing next week is absolutely perfect.

mraynrand
11-01-2010, 01:25 PM
Never take that cart unless you have no choice. It's like taking the Buick in from the bullpen instead of jogging to the mound.

HowardRoark
11-01-2010, 01:34 PM
I just thought it was a little strange he made such a big deal out of his chin. He's surely not being disingenuous or trying to deceive anyone one way or another is he?

I do find it humorously ironic that he said his whole career that he wasn't going to be one of those guys who hung on too long.

Now HERE are some guys laughing at his injury...

I saw that picture in the paper this morning and was struck by how hard and far this guy has fallen. Three years ago the stadium would have been silent, or respectful clapping if this would have happened.

Packman_26
11-01-2010, 01:42 PM
Never take that cart unless you have no choice. It's like taking the Buick in from the bullpen instead of jogging to the mound.
That's what I was thinking the whole time. I remember him saying that his dad would always tell him that if he could walk, he could get off the field. If he couldn't walk, I'll come get you.
I guess he did walk off the field but it seems like overkill to cart him to the locker room.

hoosier
11-01-2010, 01:45 PM
That's a pretty brutal photo. Of the twenty four fans whose expressions are visible, I count at least a dozen, maybe more, who are unashamed in their enjoyment of Favre's plight. I have to wonder what the reaction would have been if it had happened in Lambeau.

superfan
11-01-2010, 07:06 PM
Got a chuckle out of this...

Two large birds have traffic stopped outside #Vikings HQ. Turns out they're wild turkeys. My first instinct was vultures.

I live maybe two miles from Winter Park and see those turkeys regularly, and we've always called them turkey vultures. After looking at some google images, pretty sure they actually are turkey vultures. Makes sense they would make their way that direction.

Props to Tom "Dot Com Tom" Pelissero, pretty funny.

Scott Campbell
11-01-2010, 07:19 PM
That's a pretty brutal photo. Of the twenty four fans whose expressions are visible, I count at least a dozen, maybe more, who are unashamed in their enjoyment of Favre's plight. I have to wonder what the reaction would have been if it had happened in Lambeau.

I think the Minutemen might have shot at him in Lambeau.

HarveyWallbangers
11-01-2010, 10:03 PM
I live maybe two miles from Winter Park and see those turkeys regularly, and we've always called them turkey vultures. After looking at some google images, pretty sure they actually are turkey vultures. Makes sense they would make their way that direction.

Props to Tom "Dot Com Tom" Pelissero, pretty funny.

I've seen a lot of turkeys running around the Twin Cities the last few years. (Insert joke.)

Turkey vulture (they fly)

http://www.fcps.edu/islandcreekes/ecology/Birds/Turkey%20Vulture/turkey-vulture-scS.jpg

Turkey (they mostly run)

http://blog.mlive.com/flintjournal/outdoors/2008/04/large_turkey_hunting.jpg

superfan
11-01-2010, 10:07 PM
Thanks for the visuals, Harv. I've seen both types around Winter Park, either way I guess it's appropriate. :lol:

HowardRoark
11-01-2010, 10:27 PM
Those birds in the second picture are getting worse than geese around here.

MJZiggy
11-02-2010, 06:53 AM
I guess he did walk off the field but it seems like overkill to cart him to the locker room.

Unless, of course he has a concussion and was too dizzy to walk, either that or he NEEDED that cart so the trainer could hold the rag on his chin tight enough.

I don't think anyone's celebrating his injury per se. It would be a different story if he'd have broken his jaw, but last time I had to have 8 or 10 stitches, the national media wasn't much concerned about it. My mother wasn't even this concerned about it. Wonder how Deanna's feeling about it...

Tarlam!
11-02-2010, 10:35 AM
Those birds in the second picture are getting worse than geese around here.

OK, now this is a topic for the chef thread! :lol:

mraynrand
11-02-2010, 10:37 AM

Unless, of course he has a concussion and was too dizzy to walk, either that or he NEEDED that cart so the trainer could hold the rag on his chin tight enough

He didn't seem concussed in his press conference (standing up too, I believe)

channtheman
11-05-2010, 03:27 PM
Unbelievable, Pryor, the guy who knocked Favre out of the game last Sunday, was just fined for his hit on Favre. I honestly don't know what is a legal or illegal hit.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/New-England-Patriots-DT-Myron-Pryor-fined-for-Brett-Favre-hit-110510

hoosier
11-05-2010, 03:48 PM
Unbelievable, Pryor, the guy who knocked Favre out of the game last Sunday, was just fined for his hit on Favre. I honestly don't know what is a legal or illegal hit.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/New-England-Patriots-DT-Myron-Pryor-fined-for-Brett-Favre-hit-110510

Apparently a hit is illegal if it ends up causing visible injury to a QB.

Pugger
11-05-2010, 03:50 PM
I seriously doubt there would have been a fine here had Gramps' chin not bled.

gbgary
11-05-2010, 04:03 PM
:shock:

Scott Campbell
11-05-2010, 04:15 PM

I think the guy deserves a raise, and maybe preferred stadium parking.

Cheesehead Craig
11-05-2010, 11:49 PM

What a damn joke.

shammye06
11-06-2010, 05:30 AM
If farve doesn't get taken off on the cart, does anyone think there would be a fine?

Tarlam!
11-06-2010, 06:55 AM
I think the guy deserves a raise, and maybe preferred stadium parking.

:bclap: :bclap: :bclap:

Friggin' joke! Are they playing football or ping pong??

packerbacker1234
11-06-2010, 10:41 AM
I love seeing Favre hurt. Should have stayed retired.

Stay retired when? He didn't retire this past offseason, which is shocking enough as it is, being he retired the previous 2.

Of course, when you put up MVP numbers and fall just short of the super bowl, your mindset completely changes.

I'm not saying the vikings, and Favre, can't turn it around. Favre played A LOT better in that NE game than he had all season. IF he continues that trend, the passing offense should be back on track quickly. The question is if they can rile off a long winning streak, because at this point everything is a must win if they want a WC spot.

mraynrand
11-06-2010, 01:13 PM
Of course, when you put up MVP numbers and fall just short of the super bowl, your mindset completely changes.
Apparently not, since he retired - or not - after the 2007 season

I'm not saying the vikings, and Favre, can't turn it around. Favre played A LOT better in that NE game than he had all season. IF he continues that trend, the passing offense should be back on track quickly. The question is if they can rile off a long winning streak, because at this point everything is a must win if they want a WC spot.

You're a good Viking fan - keep your faith alive! Hopefully, for your sake, they will start winning games. Hopefully, for Packer fans' sakes, they will get crushed.

Fritz
11-06-2010, 01:29 PM
I think Favre played well in that game because he reined himself in (I won't give Chilly credit for that) and played within the system. He allowed AP to be the focus and I think most of Favre's passes were fairly safe and short. In short, the swashbuckling Favre was gone.

Let's see if he continues this way of operating.

mraynrand
11-06-2010, 05:41 PM
I think Favre played well in that game because he reined himself in (I won't give Chilly credit for that) and played within the system. He allowed AP to be the focus and I think most of Favre's passes were fairly safe and short. In short, the swashbuckling Favre was gone.

Well, is he a surgeon or a pirate?

Joemailman
11-06-2010, 08:00 PM
Say what you will about Moss, but Harvin was more effective with Moss out there. Favre may find it more difficult to get the ball to Harvin now.

packerbacker1234
11-06-2010, 11:42 PM
Say what you will about Moss, but Harvin was more effective with Moss out there. Favre may find it more difficult to get the ball to Harvin now.

Actually that shouldn't be a problem. Sidney Rice has been activated and is partcipating fully in practice.

k, they dropped moss and got Sidney Rice instead. Would of been scarier to have both rice and moss on the field, but with Rice back this gives them the same core they had last year that was so prolific.

I'm not a vikings fan. Just because I like favre doesn't mean I want hima nd his team to win games. What I said about him playing better last week was 100% true, and any NFL fan could see that. It's also true they are in must win every game mode. I did nothing but state plain and obvious facts. Whether or not Favre continues to play better the rest of the season has yet to be deteremined, but we'll see. For our sake we need to hope there is just too much locker rooom dicension for them to overcome, but all we can do is worry about us right now. We are in first, so we control our own playoff destiny.

Bretsky
11-06-2010, 11:52 PM
Rice is probably not near playing shape. No focus on Moss anymore.

The Vikes will need to rely on AP more or they are in trouble

gex
11-07-2010, 12:49 AM
Apparently not, since he retired - or not - after the 2007 season

You're a good Viking fan - keep your faith alive! Hopefully, for your sake, they will start winning games. Hopefully, for Packer fans' sakes, they will get crushed.
Oh yea...lol...Good one, Aynrand!
:worship: :trll:

mraynrand
11-07-2010, 06:54 AM
Jenn Sterger's friend — and fellow former Florida State Cowgirl — says she was with her the day Brett Favre texted pictures of his privates, the New York Post reported Wednesday.

"I actually saw it when he sent it. We just laughed when he did it," Allison Torres, 24, told Steppin' Out magazine.

"We talked about it like girlfriends talk about that kind of stuff. You have to understand that Brett Favre isn't the first celebrity that tried to hook up with her."

-----

How do girlfriends talk about that kind of stuff? Eww

MJZiggy
11-07-2010, 07:04 AM
Jenn Sterger's friend — and fellow former Florida State Cowgirl — says she was with her the day Brett Favre texted pictures of his privates, the New York Post reported Wednesday.

"I actually saw it when he sent it. We just laughed when he did it," Allison Torres, 24, told Steppin' Out magazine.

"We talked about it like girlfriends talk about that kind of stuff. You have to understand that Brett Favre isn't the first celebrity that tried to hook up with her."

-----

How do girlfriends talk about that kind of stuff? Eww

They laugh at the pictures and giggle about how they'd never want the mess that comes along with it, even if good things do *sometimes* come in small packages.

denverYooper
11-07-2010, 07:54 AM
Rice is probably not near playing shape. No focus on Moss anymore.

The Vikes will need to rely on AP more or they are in trouble

Agree. Until Rice is back in the lineup, they need AP to put the team on his back like Greg Jennings :).

GrnBay007
11-07-2010, 03:43 PM
Another Favre come from behind win.

gbgary
11-07-2010, 03:46 PM
http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:forums.corvetteforum.com/get/images/smilies/Yawn.gif

bobblehead
11-07-2010, 03:59 PM

are we still talking about jen stergerr?

mmmdk
11-07-2010, 05:17 PM

Predictable post :talk:

Bretsky
11-07-2010, 05:26 PM

great way to encourage people to come around

packerbacker1234
11-07-2010, 05:31 PM
Over 100 rating for the old, over the hill, cheating "douche". Say what you want, but the man can still play football.

denverYooper
11-07-2010, 05:31 PM

Gotta give him credit. It was the better side of Favre out there at the end of the game. That TD pass to Shiancoe was pretty nice.

packerbacker1234
11-07-2010, 05:35 PM

Gotta give him credit. It was the better side of Favre out there at the end of the game. That TD pass to Shiancoe was pretty nice.

I caught a little bit of his press conference. He openly admitted that at times, he personally likes his back against the wall when he doesn't need to feel "bad" about taking risks, because they have no way to get back into it without it. It's been odd seeing people still clamoring for T-Jack when, down by 14, not sure anyone but a risk taker such as favre has a "chance" at that come back. He had to take some risks with some really tight throws.

TD pass was dead on. I am pissed the vikings pulled it out in OT, but I can't deny the fact that the game was much more entertaining thanks to #4.

I don't know why exactly, but risk taking just makes me all giddy.

Scott Campbell
11-07-2010, 06:19 PM

great way to encourage people to come around

I thought Favre played great down the stretch today for a change. More than likely it's too little too late. But at least he has a pulse.

RashanGary
11-07-2010, 06:29 PM
I saw a couple nice passes from Favre that game. One seemed simple and didn't end up in a TD, but it was a swing pass to Gerhert. Favre threw it well before Gerhert was looking and just skimmed it by a LB who was in good position, but not in posiiton to look for the ball. It went just passed the LB and hit Gerhert right when he turned. He threw him open like very few QB's really do. Gerhart should have had a TD, but he sucks. The 2nd throw was that Shiancoe TD pass. That was a brilliant throw.

His mobility is at an all time low and it is starting to cost him. He's not a guy you would look up to in any other way than football. When it comes to playing football though, he knows how to play with the best of them and his body still has just enough left to have some flashes of brilliance.

To be completely honest, he makes some throws that I wish Rodgers would make but somehow doubt he'll ever attempt let alone complete. Rodgers has the legs though and I trust him more with ball security. Today, I think we have the better QB, but there are things Favre still does that I wish Rodgers would do. Favre throws guys open better and understands defenses in a way where if he knows a guy has his back to him, he'll just skim it by him. Rodgers treats defenders backs almost like they were facing him.

packerbacker1234
11-07-2010, 07:23 PM
I saw a couple nice passes from Favre that game. One seemed simple and didn't end up in a TD, but it was a swing pass to Gerhert. Favre threw it well before Gerhert was looking and just skimmed it by a LB who was in good position, but not in posiiton to look for the ball. It went just passed the LB and hit Gerhert right when he turned. He threw him open like very few QB's really do. Gerhart should have had a TD, but he sucks. The 2nd throw was that Shiancoe TD pass. That was a brilliant throw.

His mobility is at an all time low and it is starting to cost him. He's not a guy you would look up to in any other way than football. When it comes to playing football though, he knows how to play with the best of them and his body still has just enough left to have some flashes of brilliance.

To be completely honest, he makes some throws that I wish Rodgers would make but somehow doubt he'll ever attempt let alone complete. Rodgers has the legs though and I trust him more with ball security. Today, I think we have the better QB, but there are things Favre still does that I wish Rodgers would do. Favre throws guys open better and understands defenses in a way where if he knows a guy has his back to him, he'll just skim it by him. Rodgers treats defenders backs almost like they were facing him.

Yeah, he can't do everything he could in his younger years, but you can definitely see the difference in his experience and knowledge of the game in comparison to Rodgers. Rodgers will get there as he moves on, but somet hings Favre does it is unrealistic to expect that of Rodgers. Favre may throw some picks, but he really has some pinpoint accuracy at times that is just scary good.

With the talent on Minnesota, he just has to play within himself. Can he still scramble some? Sure, he showed that today. Fractures in the foot and all, he can move around a tad, and still has that uncanny ability to buy extra time in the pocket with subtle movements. Sometimes he doesn't get that chance - int int eh endzone as an example. You just aren't going to avoid pressure when it's untouched up the middle, but he showed SOME mobility today.

He can't do that all game, but he shouldn't have to. What I saw from Favre today seemed to be a massive change in his mindset. He made a commitment this week to spread the ball around. Sure, Harvin was clearly the go to guy, but 6 people at 4 or more catches. Clearly a commitment to reading the defense and throwing to open guys.

That may have happened due to practice time finally paying off. Berrian and him seemed in sync, and Rice looks like he could be back if not for chicago, definitely for us.

Impressed, overall, with his play today. He does do a few things that I will miss, things I wish AR did, but at this point AR is probably the better of the two. AR makes more plays with his legs, but a big credit to Favre for even making it a debate still at 41.

Very good game overall from Favre. Hope he doesn't continue to paly that well the rest of the way, but like I said... he still has something left.

Bossman641
11-07-2010, 07:28 PM

Yeah, he can't do everything he could in his younger years, but you can definitely see the difference in his experience and knowledge of the game in comparison to Rodgers. Rodgers will get there as he moves on, but somet hings Favre does it is unrealistic to expect that of Rodgers. Favre may throw some picks, but he really has some pinpoint accuracy at times that is just scary good.

With the talent on Minnesota, he just has to play within himself. Can he still scramble some? Sure, he showed that today. Fractures in the foot and all, he can move around a tad, and still has that uncanny ability to buy extra time in the pocket with subtle movements. Sometimes he doesn't get that chance - int int eh endzone as an example. You just aren't going to avoid pressure when it's untouched up the middle, but he showed SOME mobility today.

He can't do that all game, but he shouldn't have to. What I saw from Favre today seemed to be a massive change in his mindset. He made a commitment this week to spread the ball around. Sure, Harvin was clearly the go to guy, but 6 people at 4 or more catches. Clearly a commitment to reading the defense and throwing to open guys.

That may have happened due to practice time finally paying off. Berrian and him seemed in sync, and Rice looks like he could be back if not for chicago, definitely for us.

Impressed, overall, with his play today. He does do a few things that I will miss, things I wish AR did, but at this point AR is probably the better of the two. AR makes more plays with his legs, but a big credit to Favre for even making it a debate still at 41.

Very good game overall from Favre. Hope he doesn't continue to paly that well the rest of the way, but like I said... he still has something left.

Sorry to throw water on your fire here PB, but Arizona isn't exactly a stout defense. 21st against the pass, 29th against the run. 31st in PPG.

packerbacker1234
11-07-2010, 07:38 PM

Sorry to throw water on your fire here PB, but Arizona isn't exactly a stout defense. 21st against the pass, 29th against the run. 31st in PPG.

Does that change the fact he played a good game? Packers played some statistically poor defenses this year and still struggled.

Scott Campbell
11-07-2010, 10:55 PM
He might just be the best creepy douche in the NFL - if you like that sort of thing.

Scott Campbell
11-07-2010, 11:07 PM
I love what his own head coach had to say about him -
"I'm not gonna be here and be like Favre and tell you that I need a hug," Childress said.

channtheman
11-08-2010, 12:17 AM
Over 100 rating for the old, over the hill, cheating "douche". Say what you want, but the man can still play football.

Yes he can still play. Doesn't make him not a douche or not an asshole. It was a lot easier to cheer for him when he played for the Packers and the off field drama was under the covers. Now, he is just annoying and I just want him to go away.

One last thing kinda off topic, but you can see how much ole Bert has changed from his injury against the Pats last week. I didn't think I'd ever see Favre have to be carted off the field for a chin injury. Kind of pathetic.

packerbacker1234
11-08-2010, 08:55 AM

Yes he can still play. Doesn't make him not a douche or not an asshole. It was a lot easier to cheer for him when he played for the Packers and the off field drama was under the covers. Now, he is just annoying and I just want him to go away.

One last thing kinda off topic, but you can see how much ole Bert has changed from his injury against the Pats last week. I didn't think I'd ever see Favre have to be carted off the field for a chin injury. Kind of pathetic.

Eh, it looked like that was more or less to keep him stable, not have the cut jaw move. It clearly bothered him at times during this last game, so I can't even imagine what it looked like and felt like when it happened.

And I have always been able to seperate off field stuff with on field. Honestly, if Favre wants to fuck up his marriage? That's his business, not mine. I watch football to be entertained, and as much as I hate the fact the vikings won, that game was 10 times more entertaining because of him playing in it.

CaptainKickass
11-10-2010, 04:03 AM
I saw this quote today elsewhere online and I immediately thought it resembles BF and also this thread to some extent:

"It was and continues to be a Greek Tragedy. We all know how Brett is going to turn out and he is powerless to prevent the inevitable."

Then I thought - what exactly does that mean? I think this pretty much sums it up:

The philosopher Aristotle said that tragedy is characterized by seriousness and dignity involving a great person who experiences a reversal of fortune. Tragedy results in a catharsis (emotional cleansing) or healing for the audience through their experience of these emotions - in response to the suffering of the characters in the drama.

This reversal of fortune must be caused by hamartia, which is often mistranslated as a character flaw, but is more correctly translated as a mistake (original Greek hamartanein, a sporting term that refers to an archer or spear-thrower missing his target). According to Aristotle, "The change to bad fortune which he undergoes is due to a a mistake of some kind."

The reversal is the inevitable but unforeseen result. Exactly what constitutes a "tragedy", however, is a frequently debated matter.

Iron Mike
11-10-2010, 06:03 AM
http://cdn.ksk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/LOL-RAGNAR.jpg

Fritz
11-10-2010, 07:21 AM
I saw this quote today elsewhere online and I immediately thought it resembles BF and also this thread to some extent:

"It was and continues to be a Greek Tragedy. We all know how Brett is going to turn out and he is powerless to prevent the inevitable."

Then I thought - what exactly does that mean? I think this pretty much sums it up:

The philosopher Aristotle said that tragedy is characterized by seriousness and dignity involving a great person who experiences a reversal of fortune. Tragedy results in a catharsis (emotional cleansing) or healing for the audience through their experience of these emotions - in response to the suffering of the characters in the drama.

This reversal of fortune must be caused by hamartia, which is often mistranslated as a character flaw, but is more correctly translated as a mistake (original Greek hamartanein, a sporting term that refers to an archer or spear-thrower missing his target). According to Aristotle, "The change to bad fortune which he undergoes is due to a a mistake of some kind."

The reversal is the inevitable but unforeseen result. Exactly what constitutes a "tragedy", however, is a frequently debated matter.

While the exact nature of tragedy is debated, one element that the playwright Arthur Miller shares with Aristotle is the idea that the tragic hero must recognize his mistake - often thought of as a mistake of pride or arrogance. Think of Oedipus, who insists on knowing the truth, confident he can (paraphrasing Jack Nicholson's character here) handle the truth.

In terms of Favre, his fatal flaw is that same sense of arrogance - that the rules (rules about monogamy in marriage, rules about Father Time catching up, rules about blocking someone's legs) don't really apply to him.

However, if Favre never recognizes his character flaw, then he's not a tragic hero. He's just ignorant.

The play in merely entering the third act.

pbmax
11-10-2010, 08:05 AM

While the exact nature of tragedy is debated, one element that the playwright Arthur Miller shares with Aristotle is the idea that the tragic hero must recognize his mistake - often thought of as a mistake of pride or arrogance. Think of Oedipus, who insists on knowing the truth, confident he can (paraphrasing Jack Nicholson's character here) handle the truth.

In terms of Favre, his fatal flaw is that same sense of arrogance - that the rules (rules about monogamy in marriage, rules about Father Time catching up, rules about blocking someone's legs) don't really apply to him.

However, if Favre never recognizes his character flaw, then he's not a tragic hero. He's just ignorant.

My favorite literature class at college was taught by a professor who believed, with some evidence at hand, that the notion of hubris and its role in Greek tragedies was overstated and misunderstood. The word itself, Hebrew in origin if I remember correctly, was not well known to the Greeks at the time many works were created.

Greeks, in his reading of their literary development, were interested in the notion of arete, a literal and metaphorical effort to bring forth and to make known, to come from the unknown. To come out of hiding and reveal oneself. In today's terms, to make yourself and your goals known publicly and accept all challenges that result.

Odysseus, already suffering the wrath of Poseidon for his actions in the Trojan War and its aftermath, consistently puts himself in harms way, to the point a modern reader thinks Odysseus has suffered Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. To escape or be rescued, in each case, Odysseus' true nature and name are at first hidden, literally (in leaves) and figuratively (false name) from the people he encounters, including a Queen named Arete. Eventually, in each case Odysseus must leave the shadows, announce his presence and reveal his true self, in some cases to his immediate detriment, but usually to his eventual salvation.

A somewhat modern equivalent might be James Bond.

And that would make Jenn Sterger either a Siren or Ms. Moneypenny.

And so this Greek tragedy may not end until Odysseus/Favre has tempted fate and the Gods a few more times and survives using his own skills and the help of impressed friends and benefactors, until he return home to the island plantation of Ithaca/Hattiesburg to drive off his wife's suitors.

Scott Campbell
11-10-2010, 08:10 AM
Written by CheeseCityFan over at SportsBubbler:

http://bp3.blogger.com/_FdEdvFQfwAU/SAZhLEoLDmI/AAAAAAAADTI/mXQ6A3KHFfE/s400/Favros+God+of+War.jpg

Come hear the epic tale of the hero, Favros, who was blessed by the gods with superhuman strength and endurance in throwing the leather disc, but was also cursed by them with a fatal flaw for his hubris. Our tale finds Favros and his consort, Deanna, exiled from the kingdom of Lambos on the shores of the Bay of Green when he clashed wills with the ruler of the kingdom of Lambos, Theodore the Snow-haired one, when Favros, in a fit of indecision and hubris first let go of the mantle of leadership and then took it, and then let it go, and then took it up, and then let it go. Theodore the Snow-haird exiled Favros and his consort to the Kingdom of Gotham where he had some success in hurling the leather disk until the gods struck his arm causing it go dead. Favros was then permitted to leave the Kingdom of Gotham and continue his wanderings.

Hippocrates Andrews repaired the arm of Favros in the spring and Favros wandered to the land of the Heidi-hairs, to the kingdom of the Berserkers in purple, lead by the cognitively disabled ruler, Chillios, who also doubles as a charioteer in his spare time. After much entreating by Chillios, and the payment of a king's ransom, Favros agrees to hurl the leather disc for the Heidi-hairs as he continues his quest for vindication over Theodore the Snow-haired and his search for the ever-elusive and much coveted Trophy of Lombardos which Favros once held in his younger years.

After much success hurling the leather disc and conquering the minions of Theodore the Snow-haired, Favros still sought the Trophy of Lombardos and was one contest away from dueling Manning the Younger, general of the Blue Equines, for possession of it, needing to conquer the army of the kingdom of The Big Easy. It was a fiercely fought contest. Many strong warriors attacked Favros savagely, yet, he still remained in the battle. Victory was in sight. However, in a key skirmish Favros hears the harpies calling in the secondary, "I'm open. I'm open. I'm open."

Favros falls prey to his inability to ignore the harpies and his hubris in trusting the strength of his right arm. Defenders from out of nowhere take possession of the leather disc and Favros and Heidi-hairs lose the contest. The football gods punish Favros for his hubris.

What will happen to Favros next? Will he remain with the Heidi-hairs? Will he take his shield and sword and retire to the Bayou Kingdom?

Only the gods know.

Scott Campbell
11-10-2010, 11:10 AM
And now we have a Chapter 2:

A Fateful Decision

After his bitter rebuke from the gods and the savage beating he received from the warriors of The Big Easy, Favros retired to the Bayou Kingdom to bide his time. Depictions of the grieviously wounded leg of Favros were sent throughout the kingdom to show the severity of the defeat. However, as is his want, Favros could not decide whether not he should hang up his shield, spear, and leather disc for good and retire in the Bayou Kingdom, or receive the healing ministrations of Hipprocrates Andrews and mend his grieviously wounded leg. So, Favros tarried. And he tarried. And tarried some more. With an eye to avoiding as much warrior training as possible, Favros finally submitted himself to the healing ministrations of Hippocrates Andrews late at the eleventh hour.

The gods were not pleased. And they were further displeased when Favros continued to tarry about making a decision to fight another season or not. Impatient and fearful for his reign as king, Chillios the Charioteer, cognitively disabled King of the Heidi-Hairs, sent three shills to entreat Favros to return to the Land of the Heidi-Hairs. Bearing a purse of 20 million denarii and promises of Chillios' best conduct, Favros left the Bayou Kingdom and returned with the three shills to the Land of the Heidi-Hairs.

The gods continued to punish Favros for his hubris in deliberately tarrying. They smote his best receiver of the disc, Sydnios. They not only inflicted pain on Favros' leg but his elbow as well, making his hurling of the leather disc much harder and more painful. They visited him with defeats at the hands of the armies of The Big Easy and The Big Fish. When things looked their bleakest, they cursed Favros with the appearance of Jennifer the Fair (or the Face That Launched a Thousand Dong Shots). Favros had once lusted after Jennifer the Fair when he toiled in Gotham, and in his lust he sent her depictions of his Doric Column. These depictions now were circulated throughout the kingdoms and now Favros was a laughing stock, since his Doric Column--like his showings in recent battles--had come up quite short. In addition to this he also encountered the wrath of his consort, Deanna.

Chillios, fearful for his reign, acquired a new warrior to help Favros--Randall the Brain Addled--whom Favros had coveted since his days in the Kingdom of Lambos. The gods paid no heed. They smote him with a defeat at Gotham at the hands of his former troops. Then, in a crushing turn of events he was defeated and smitten at the Kingdom of Lambos. The siren song of the harpies convinced Favros that his warriors were open to receive the leather disc, but it was a ruse of the gods, and Favros gave up the disc three times. Warriror fiercely attacked his bad leg. He limped off the battle field and was then thrown under the chariot by Chillios when the battle was relived.

This, in turn was followed by another defeat--this time at the hands of the scurillous Bill the Hooded One and the wrathful exiling of Randall the Brain Addled by Chillios. Randall would prove well the adage: a million denarii talent, a five drachma brain.

The Heidi-Hair army rallied long into the day to defeat the army of the Valley of Sun, who had hotly pursued the Heidi-Hairs but lost strength at the end of the day. Now, the fateful season rests on two contests. The first requires a journey to the Land of the Windy City to fight a den of Bears and a second contest involves a rematch with the army from the Kingdom of Lambos.

How will our hero do? Will the gods continue to curse him? Will the gods relent? Will Favros ever again clutch the Trophy of Lombardos?

hoosier
11-10-2010, 12:25 PM

My favorite literature class at college was taught by a professor who believed, with some evidence at hand, that the notion of hubris and its role in Greek tragedies was overstated and misunderstood. The word itself, Hebrew in origin if I remember correctly, was not well known to the Greeks at the time many works were created.

Greeks, in his reading of their literary development, were interested in the notion of arete, a literal and metaphorical effort to bring forth and to make known, to come from the unknown. To come out of hiding and reveal oneself. In today's terms, to make yourself and your goals known publicly and accept all challenges that result.

Odysseus, already suffering the wrath of Poseidon for his actions in the Trojan War and its aftermath, consistently puts himself in harms way, to the point a modern reader thinks Odysseus has suffered Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. To escape or be rescued, in each case, Odysseus' true nature and name are at first hidden, literally (in leaves) and figuratively (false name) from the people he encounters, including a Queen named Arete. Eventually, in each case Odysseus must leave the shadows, announce his presence and reveal his true self, in some cases to his immediate detriment, but usually to his eventual salvation.

A somewhat modern equivalent might be James Bond.

And that would make Jenn Sterger either a Siren or Ms. Moneypenny.

And so this Greek tragedy may not end until Odysseus/Favre has tempted fate and the Gods a few more times and survives using his own skills and the help of impressed friends and benefactors, until he return home to the island plantation of Ithaca/Hattiesburg to drive off his wife's suitors.

Who gets to play Tiresius in this modern (melo)drama?

As for hubris, it originally meant arrogance in the sense of having god-like aspirations. Arete, the striving for excellence or fulfilling potential, might be kind of a precursor to hybris as a kind of arete run amuck.

What is the modern cognate of arete? I think it has to be something from the virtual world. The croc shot?

Cheesehead Craig
11-10-2010, 01:02 PM
To be completely honest, he makes some throws that I wish Rodgers would make but somehow doubt he'll ever attempt let alone complete... Rodgers treats defenders backs almost like they were facing him.
A falsehood. Rodgers threw some very ridiculously good passes to Finley in the middle of the field when he was blanketed this season with defenders backs facing Rodgers. We've all seen the back shoulder throws as well where the defenders backs are facing him. Just because he hasn't done it as often as you like, don't portray it that he hasn't at all.

Fritz
11-10-2010, 01:11 PM

He's a pirate when he's slinging the ball all over; he's a surgeon when he's operating within the system and doing what's asked.

Cheesehead Craig
11-10-2010, 01:58 PM

He's a pirate when he's slinging the ball all over; he's a surgeon when he's operating within the system and doing what's asked.
And he's a pimp off the field and has a pimp-cane!

http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/4018/bretti.jpg

CaptainKickass
11-10-2010, 02:29 PM
OMG - Scott

The Captain finds that shit frickin' HILARIOUS!

Favros, Chillios, the trophy of Lambos...Bwahahahahaha

Scott Campbell
11-11-2010, 02:37 PM
From NFL Fan House....the Favre's have joined the blogging revolution! In the most recent post, Deanna, Brett's wife, writes that her husband isn't a vindictive jerk, which should come as news to Ted Thompson, Mike McCarthy, and the sports media (obvious exclusion: Peter King, BFF Esq.)

Via the Family of Favre:
"... [M]ost hurtful are those media reports who would like you to believe that Brett is eaten up with bitterness over his split with the Packers. Still feeling some grief, sure... but not bitterness. Yes, in the beginning, Brett was angry and hurt with the way things ended, but how could he not be? Brett gave most of his career (and his adult life) to the Packers. ...

Brett does not, in any way, hold a vendetta against his former team ... But that has not stopped some from scrutinizing his every move and blaming him for so many things that simply are not true. ... Because of this, lately, my heart has been so heavy. It is very hard to watch the daily toll this has taken on Brett."

This was from right around the time that ole Bert was sending pictures of his penis to Jenn.

Enablers are funny.

Fritz
11-11-2010, 02:51 PM
"Greeks, in his reading of their literary development, were interested in the notion of arete, a literal and metaphorical effort to bring forth and to make known, to come from the unknown. To come out of hiding and reveal oneself."

I don't disagree at all. I do believe, however, that Greek tragedy suggests that the hero must bring forth and make himself known not only to others, but to himself. Your lines above seem to imply - to me - that one knows one's self and arete is a matter of making that self known to others. I would argue that it is equally the quest for self-knowledge that is central to Greek tragedy. It is the search for and the gradual unfolding of self-knowledge that is, after all, the driving force behind the plot of Oedipus.

As for Herr Favre, I don't see him as hungering after self knowledge at this point. In that regard, he is like Hamlet, who, in my estimation, is a fucking idiot.

HowardRoark
11-11-2010, 03:21 PM
"Greeks, in his reading of their literary development, were interested in the notion of arete, a literal and metaphorical effort to bring forth and to make known, to come from the unknown. To come out of hiding and reveal oneself."

I don't disagree at all. I do believe, however, that Greek tragedy suggests that the hero must bring forth and make himself known not only to others, but to himself. Your lines above seem to imply - to me - that one knows one's self and arete is a matter of making that self known to others. I would argue that it is equally the quest for self-knowledge that is central to Greek tragedy. It is the search for and the gradual unfolding of self-knowledge that is, after all, the driving force behind the plot of Oedipus.

As for Herr Favre, I don't see him as hungering after self knowledge at this point. In that regard, he is like Hamlet, who, in my estimation, is a fucking idiot.

I will make mysthelf known not only to othersth, but to mythelf too.....now hand me my damn sthell phone buttmunch!

http://www.collider.com/wp-content/image-base/TV/B/Beavis_and_Butthead/beavis_and_butthead_mtv_image.jpg

Scott Campbell
11-11-2010, 03:29 PM
YO FAVRE SUPPORTERS

IDEA

No rub it in your face threads.............ok ??

No need to. Every person who claimed Teddy made the right move and that it was time to get rid of Favre have been proven WRONG. Not by any opinion, but by FACT. They should be feeling pretty stupid about now.

And if things keep going the way they are now, the national media will start putting a lot of pressure on one Mr Thompson to explain what will go down as one of the top 5 GM dumbest moves in sports history. That will end up being the Thompson legacy............

Bump. :lol:

vince
11-11-2010, 04:17 PM
:lol: I bumped into a post of ol' Packnut's on another board awhile back. He's still incessantly bashing other posters who support Thompson with the same rhetoric.

Bossman641
11-11-2010, 09:06 PM
Thought this was a good video

http://www.nfl.com/videos/green-bay-packers/09000d5d81bfc814/The-Season-Favre-s-Return

Bretsky
11-11-2010, 09:39 PM
YO FAVRE SUPPORTERS

IDEA

No rub it in your face threads.............ok ??

No need to. Every person who claimed Teddy made the right move and that it was time to get rid of Favre have been proven WRONG. Not by any opinion, but by FACT. They should be feeling pretty stupid about now.

And if things keep going the way they are now, the national media will start putting a lot of pressure on one Mr Thompson to explain what will go down as one of the top 5 GM dumbest moves in sports history. That will end up being the Thompson legacy............

Bump. :lol:

Wow; my post must have been from years ago. I didn't know I was ever good spirited in this thread

packerbacker1234
11-12-2010, 08:28 AM

http://www.nfl.com/videos/green-bay-packers/09000d5d81bfc814/The-Season-Favre-s-Return

neat seeming some view points from fans outside of the forums. Clear people are still torn on him, and a lot of packer fans do still respect what Favre does on the football field and what he did for our team for so long.

Doesn't mean they want him to win, but it was cool seeing a little appreciation for his onfield performances versus his off field drama.

Scott Campbell
11-12-2010, 08:41 AM

neat seeming some view points from fans outside of the forums. Clear people are still torn on him, and a lot of packer fans do still respect what Favre does on the football field and what he did for our team for so long.

Doesn't mean they want him to win, but it was cool seeing a little appreciation for his onfield performances versus his off field drama.

It's a small and ever dwindling group, thanks in part to his league leading 13 interceptions. That, and he's a creepy pervert. You could say they're loyal to a fault.

pbmax
11-14-2010, 09:29 PM
Brett is talking to Werder about another injury he suffered while putting on his T shirt. I think I finally believe him that he won't be back. He is mailing in his excuses as well.

I will say he would have been helped if his receivers wore the correct cleats and stopped falling on the turf. But that last INT was thrown behind Shiancoe too far, even if he had been able to stop.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/14/report-favre-played-with-undisclosed-shoulder-injury/

Scott Campbell
11-14-2010, 09:40 PM
The "King of NFL Excuse-Making". Some legacy.

channtheman
11-14-2010, 09:59 PM
The "King of NFL Excuse-Making". Some legacy.

I can't see the image. Anyone else have this issue?

gbgary
11-14-2010, 10:48 PM
Brett is talking to Werder about another injury he suffered while putting on his T shirt. I think I finally believe him that he won't be back. He is mailing in his excuses as well.

I will say he would have been helped if his receivers wore the correct cleats and stopped falling on the turf. But that last INT was thrown behind Shiancoe too far, even if he had been able to stop.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/14/report-favre-played-with-undisclosed-shoulder-injury/

the t-shirt/shoulder-injury-that-ends-his-streak, and-career, thus-dodging-the-suspension-from-sext-gate, plan is coming to fruition.

Scott Campbell
11-14-2010, 10:53 PM
I can't see the image. Anyone else have this issue?

I screwed it up. Nothing wrong on your end.

channtheman
11-14-2010, 10:54 PM
I screwed it up. Nothing wrong on your end.

Okay cool. Thought it might be an issue with the new forum.

Fritz
11-15-2010, 08:56 AM
Ah, Brent. Three more picks to add to your total - but of course two of them were, according to national accounts, not your fault. You've helped undermine Chilly (but that's Chilly's own damn fault). You have again reminded the world after a loss that you have yet another injury. You sound sad and resigned and beat up.

Yes, you stayed too long. But I suppose if you can throw for a bunch of yards and touchdowns and beat the Pack next week, all will be well in your world. But I sure hope that doesn't happen.

vince
11-15-2010, 02:16 PM
Even Viking fans hate him. With friends like this, who needs enemies?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydq073UKAWY&feature=player_embedded

Scott Campbell
11-15-2010, 02:21 PM
They're supposed to wait till he puts in on.

Guiness
11-15-2010, 02:24 PM
Even Viking fans hate him. With friends like this, who needs enemies?

Was that a trailer the wood was stacked up against?

HarveyWallbangers
11-15-2010, 03:26 PM
Idiots shooting towards their house. Would have been funnier if the bullet had ricocheted right through the trailer.

Scott Campbell
11-15-2010, 03:29 PM
The dumbest thing they did was buy the damned jersey in the first place. They probably have a new Moss one too.

gbgary
11-15-2010, 03:36 PM
Was that a trailer the wood was stacked up against?

no...their house.

Fritz
11-15-2010, 05:53 PM
Okay, am I the only one who's a little creeped out by that video? Geez, putting a bullet in a jersey...I dunno.

vince
11-15-2010, 06:40 PM
Is that somehow worse than burning it in effigy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahHJ_ulE47U&feature=fvw

pbmax
11-16-2010, 12:29 PM
Is that somehow worse than burning it in effigy?

There is usually, though not always, less collateral damage in burning.

I think they shot toward their garage. So the worst that could happen is the Bronco II could have had a hole put in its rust.

Scott Campbell
11-16-2010, 06:17 PM
Urlacher pities Bert.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/16/brian-urlacher-on-brett-favre-i-feel-bad-for-the-guy/

“It wasn’t sweet nothings, I don’t know, it was weird. He was upset, it was probably his last game at Soldier Field for sure. He wasn’t himself. He seemed down in the dumps. I felt bad for him (http://msn.foxsports.com/video/shows/afterparty),” Urlacher said.
Glazer pointed out that Favre was probably down because the Bears just pounded the Vikings towards irrelevency.
“Nah . . . usually even after you lose, you’ve still got the rest of the season,” Urlacher said. “But he seemed like he was out of it. Like I said, I feel bad for the guy.”
No matter how you feel about Favre — and we know many have enjoyed watching this Vikings season implode — there’s no denying that he’s enduring a deeply depressing season.

gbgary
11-16-2010, 06:24 PM
Urlacher pities Bert.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/16/brian-urlacher-on-brett-favre-i-feel-bad-for-the-guy/

“It wasn’t sweet nothings, I don’t know, it was weird. He was upset, it was probably his last game at Soldier Field for sure. He wasn’t himself. He seemed down in the dumps. I felt bad for him (http://msn.foxsports.com/video/shows/afterparty),” Urlacher said.
Glazer pointed out that Favre was probably down because the Bears just pounded the Vikings towards irrelevency.
“Nah . . . usually even after you lose, you’ve still got the rest of the season,” Urlacher said. “But he seemed like he was out of it. Like I said, I feel bad for the guy.”
No matter how you feel about Favre — and we know many have enjoyed watching this Vikings season implode — there’s no denying that he’s enduring a deeply depressing season.

he said he has no regrets. don't you believe him?

Joemailman
11-16-2010, 06:35 PM
I think Favre's first inclination this year was to not play because he doesn't respect Childress. Now he's probably wishing he's gone with that.

I also think he probably wouldn't mind if an injury were to keep him from playing. Having his streak end that way would be better than having it ended by the NFL due to Jenngate. The league would probably prefer that too.

swede
11-17-2010, 05:00 PM
I think Favre's first inclination this year was to not play because he doesn't respect Childress. Now he's probably wishing he's gone with that.

I also think he probably wouldn't mind if an injury were to keep him from playing. Having his streak end that way would be better than having it ended by the NFL due to Jenngate. The league would probably prefer that too.

Are you suggesting the Packers arrange that for him this week?

Joemailman
11-17-2010, 06:27 PM
I'm pretty much a modern day Saint, so I could never wish injury on a fellow human being. But if the Lord wills it...

Patler
11-17-2010, 06:43 PM
Urlacher pities Bert.

he said he has no regrets. don't you believe him?

In a word - No. I haven't believed most of what Favre has said for a long, long time. Sometime during the Sherman era, I began to realize that Fave talked to impress and manipulate.

Scott Campbell
11-17-2010, 07:49 PM
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2010/1116/nfl_hot_read_576.jpg

It looks as if the entire world is now laughing at Bert and his silly band of miscreants.

ESPN - Life Under The Big Flop

http://espn.go.com/nfl/

Scott Campbell
11-17-2010, 07:50 PM
Thanks Ted!

Scott Campbell
11-17-2010, 08:50 PM
http://www.biggerthanfavre.com/images/14123891.png

Iron Mike
11-17-2010, 09:04 PM
http://www.biggerthanfavre.com/images/14123891.png

That would be even funnier if it was spelled "Farve." You know, like Bears fans do.....

Scott Campbell
11-17-2010, 09:32 PM
http://poststuff2.entensity.net/111710/head.jpg

MJZiggy
11-18-2010, 06:13 AM
Well, Scott, just look at the gay uniform he's wearing.

Scott Campbell
11-18-2010, 04:33 PM
Not sure what happened to that pic of Bert.

http://rachelarbeit.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/favre-chin.jpg

Fritz
11-19-2010, 11:48 AM
He's trying to hide from Deanna.

vince
11-19-2010, 03:25 PM
http://www.theonion.com/articles/brett-favre-claims-hes-one-loss-away-from-careeren,18491/

Brett Favre Claims He's One Loss Away From Career-Ending Injury
November 19

EDEN PRAIRIE, MN—Though Vikings quarterback Brett Favre confirmed his ailing right shoulder was "no big deal right now" and that the broken bones in his left foot were "uncomfortable but endurable" for the moment, the three-time MVP told reporters Thursday that one more loss could exacerbate his injuries to the point where he would have to retire. "At this level, and at my age, it would take just one game-breaking play—a deep pass, a long run, anything—by the opposing offense to aggravate an injury to the point where I can't go on," said Favre, who later claimed his injuries become more serious with each defeat he suffers. "It's entirely possible for any given team on our schedule to outscore me so badly I can't physically continue my heroic streak of consecutive starts." Favre also added that any victory he led the 3-6 Vikings to this season would be an amazing display of toughness.

swede
11-19-2010, 03:44 PM
Ha ha. I read it. Then I re-read it. Then my Onion alarm went off and I looked at the link.

Thanks for the laugh.

gbgary
11-19-2010, 07:16 PM
Brett Favre Claims He's One Loss Away From Career-Ending Injury
November 19

EDEN PRAIRIE, MN—Though Vikings quarterback Brett Favre confirmed his ailing right shoulder was "no big deal right now" and that the broken bones in his left foot were "uncomfortable but endurable" for the moment, the three-time MVP told reporters Thursday that one more loss could exacerbate his injuries to the point where he would have to retire. "At this level, and at my age, it would take just one game-breaking play—a deep pass, a long run, anything—by the opposing offense to aggravate an injury to the point where I can't go on," said Favre, who later claimed his injuries become more serious with each defeat he suffers. "It's entirely possible for any given team on our schedule to outscore me so badly I can't physically continue my heroic streak of consecutive starts." Favre also added that any victory he led the 3-6 Vikings to this season would be an amazing display of toughness.

http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:forums.corvetteforum.com/get/images/smilies/lol.gif

easy cheesy
11-19-2010, 09:20 PM
I'm pretty much a modern day Saint, so I could never wish injury on a fellow human being. But if the Lord wills it...

GOLD!

RashanGary
11-19-2010, 09:22 PM
Reading that article, it was funny, I didn't realize it was the onion at first, but it got me thinking about how slippery Favre is. Brett really is a master of the media. This is the guy who has his wife popping up all over national TV while at the same time is sending dick pics and creepy voicemails to Jenn Sterger, soliciting sex. This is the guy who used his power to intimidate Sterger into not coming forward and then uses the same power to make it seem like she may be lying. This is the guy who doesn't flinch, no matter who or how he hurts. . . . And this is the guy who has a decent portion of the people who follow the Packers believing he is the victim. Brett is a brilliant manipulator. It's scary.

swede
11-19-2010, 11:20 PM
Reading that article, it was funny, I didn't realize it was the onion at first, but it got me thinking about how slippery Favre is. Brett really is a master of the media.

It must piss off the Onion, though, at how hard they have to work to stay one level of weird ahead of Brent.

Fritz
11-20-2010, 08:48 AM
http://www.theonion.com/articles/brett-favre-claims-hes-one-loss-away-from-careeren,18491/

This is completely hilarious, but you know, you could take it a step further: Brent could be one pick-six interception away from a career-ending injury...

pbmax
11-20-2010, 09:44 AM
We are through the looking glass with this guy. The career ending injury has already happened.

He just hasn't texted Werder about which body part yet.

Fritz
11-20-2010, 09:52 AM
We are through the looking glass with this guy. The career ending injury has already happened.

He just hasn't texted Werder about which body part yet.

If Deanna gets ahold of Brent I think we know which body part will be the most damaged...

pbmax
11-20-2010, 09:55 AM
If Deanna gets ahold of Brent I think we know which body part will be the most damaged...

Yes. His wallet.

mmmdk
11-20-2010, 09:57 AM
Yes. His wallet.

LOL :lol:

MJZiggy
11-20-2010, 11:58 AM

She better have good aim. It's a small target.

LOL@wallet

digitaldean
11-20-2010, 12:20 PM

I still say someday in the not-too-distant future she'll go Lorena Bobbitt on said appendage.....I'm just sayin'....

LP
11-20-2010, 03:14 PM
I still say someday in the not-too-distant future she'll go Lorena Bobbitt on said appendage.....I'm just sayin'....

And wouldn't that just be an interesting addition (or subtraction) to his legacy!

Scott Campbell
11-21-2010, 03:32 PM
What a completely gutless performance by that piece of shit.

channtheman
11-21-2010, 03:51 PM
What a completely gutless performance by that piece of shit.

Favre is such a fucking asshole trying to throw a bomb when the game is over. But I suppose one could just say "He's like a kid out there!"

pbmax
11-21-2010, 03:55 PM
Favre is such a fucking asshole trying to throw a bomb when the game is over. But I suppose one could just say "He's like a kid out there!"

Really? I expected something down the field. Why give up?

Though I must say, Aikman thought it was strange too. He thought it was reason enough to blitz after that throw.

Scott Campbell
11-21-2010, 04:09 PM
Why not heave one more up there for old times sake. That arm won't be good for anything other than masturbating on his cell phone anymore.

ThunderDan
11-21-2010, 04:15 PM
Really? I expected something down the field. Why give up?

Though I must say, Aikman thought it was strange too. He thought it was reason enough to blitz after that throw.

You know there are no 21 point plays in football. I didn't really care but take a knee and move on.

get louder at lambeau
11-21-2010, 04:16 PM
It's his vag, isn't it. He looked like he had an injured vag on the sidelines.

vince
11-21-2010, 04:25 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/19875/brett-favre-to-re-evaluate

Brett Favre to 're-evaluate'
November, 21, 2010 Nov 215:12PM ET
By Kevin Seifert

MINNEAPOLIS -- With his team buried and bickering, Minnesota Vikings quarterback Brett Favre used an interesting verb Sunday to describe his short-term plans.

"Re-evaluate."

FavreTwice during his postgame news conference, Favre said he planned to "go home" and "re-evaluate."

What will he re-evaluate? Favre wasn't clear. But he did not directly answer a reporter who asked if he was committed to playing the rest of the season.

"I would never have expected to be in this situation," Favre said. "Mathematically I think there is still some hope. I hate to use Jim Mora's comments about playoffs. I can't even think about that. I know there is still a slim chance, but come on. We've got to play a lot better than we played today and last week.

"I came back for a Super Bowl, you're right. Also [there is] a chance that that doesn't happen, probably a better chance that we don't. And there's a way better chance that you won't play as well as last year. ... But this is a little surprising. Again, I'm just going to go home and ... I don't want to say 'think' about this game. Just re-evaluate tomorrow."

Favre has given enough news conferences to know that his answer left open the possibility that he would opt for an early retirement now that the Vikings' season seems cooked. But would Favre really give up $6 million -- the salary he would lose for skipping the Vikings' final six games? And would he really want his final act as an NFL player to be walking out on his team?

I highly doubt it. But as we know with Favre, we should never rule anything out.

Scott Campbell
11-21-2010, 04:30 PM
Wow. Going out a gutless quitter. I think I need a kleenex. I'm going to savor this day for the rest of my life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHJoj9IqeKg

Patler
11-21-2010, 04:38 PM
"Re-evaluate?" Huh?

Just saying it is enough for me. The "team first" myth is dead.

cheesner
11-21-2010, 04:40 PM
Wow. Going out a gutless quitter. I think I need a kleenex. I'm going to savor this day for the rest of my life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHJoj9IqeKg

The whole 2nd half Favre looking like he hated being there. That will be my final image of brett.

Scott Campbell
11-21-2010, 04:44 PM
"Re-evaluate?" Huh?

Just saying it is enough for me. The "team first" myth is dead.

He'd sure bail Rodger out of having to suspend him.

cheesner
11-21-2010, 04:46 PM
Also, Jen Sterger met with NFL last week. If he was found innocent, I think a statement would have been made. If he was found guilty, maybe they are waiting for after the marquee matchup with the Packers before the NFL gives the ol gunslinger his penalty. I wouldn't be surprised to see him suspended for a game or two and that factoring into his comments.

pbmax
11-21-2010, 04:55 PM
It's Brett. Not only is this not the last word, but he has a home, presumably, in Minnesota. He isn't headed home to Hattiesburg. Possible he means to end the streak if the team wants to start TJack.

swede
11-21-2010, 05:02 PM
He'd sure bail Rodger out of having to suspend him.

Maybe Roger calls and says, "Hypothetically Brett there could be Scenario One in which you take this opportunity to quit, or Scenario Two in which you stick around and embarrass yourself and the league as I will have no choice other than suspending you for for conduct detrimental...hypothetically. Have a good week."

get louder at lambeau
11-21-2010, 05:07 PM
Ya know, I kinda feel bad for Brett after that game.

Wait, nope. Just gas again. False alarm.

Scott Campbell
11-21-2010, 05:13 PM
It's hard to imagine a more satisfying end to this saga. I am so happy right now.

swede
11-21-2010, 05:18 PM
Well, if he makes it to Week 14 he could be arrested for Sexual Harassment when he arrives in New York. That would be a nice wrinkle.

RashanGary
11-21-2010, 05:21 PM
It ends a stalemate with us gettting the last laugh. Now, if we win a SB some time soon with Rodgers. . . . That's the big F-U to Favre. It would prove he was NOT the reason we won and what he thinks of himself is overinflated.

Scott Campbell
11-21-2010, 05:47 PM
It ends a stalemate with us gettting the last laugh. Now, if we win a SB some time soon with Rodgers. . . . That's the big F-U to Favre. It would prove he was NOT the reason we won and what he thinks of himself is overinflated.

They beat us twice last year, but it didn't kill our season. We just ended their season, and Bert's career. Very, very satisfying.

gbgary
11-21-2010, 06:19 PM
http://a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_sports_nfl_experts__28/ept_sports_nfl_experts-313851313-1290381731.jpg?ymk2zHEDFxDERRpI

Today's Vikings vs. Packers game will probably not be the last NFL game Brett Favre plays. It should be, though, because at this point, Favre can't do anything for the Vikings franchise other than continue to pilot their dizzying plunge into a foul pit of football sewage.
The Vikings played their fiercest rival today in a game they had to win to keep alive their dim playoff hopes. Not only did they lose; they were destroyed. Embarrassed. Torn apart. The contrast between the beaten-down, ineffective Favre and the energetic, playmaking Aaron Rodgers could not have been more stark.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/The-legend-of-Brett-Favre-is-dead;_ylt=AnSf.7XooZl9zMv.eBSgmfFDubYF?urn=nfl-287826

Fritz
11-21-2010, 06:51 PM
He really played lousy today. How many times did Buck say that Favre overthrew an open receiver? Four times?

BrINT is screwed no matter what. It's an ugly season - he's stayed too long. He is living his own nightmare.

He looks like a brittle, ineffective QB out there. His image as a team player is in the shitter. His image as the reformed family man is in tatters as the league investigates his pee-pee pics.

He always wanted to be loved and appreciated, and now he has neither. Some day, people will again appreciate his skills and his quarterbacking - but right now, when people say Brett Favre, most of them are really thinking "BrINT Perve."

I feel like It's Scott Campbell's birthday, Christmas, Easter, and honeymoon night all rolled into one.

And while a small (very small) part of me doesn't like to see the train wreck, after the way he tried to manipulate the story of his leaving the Packers, after the way I've watched him use people, and after the obvious deep and personal pleasure he took in whupping up on GB last year, well - I'm damn happy right now.

Scott Campbell
11-21-2010, 07:02 PM
I feel like It's Scott Campbell's birthday, Christmas, Easter, and honeymoon night all rolled into one.

What an AWESOME day!

Scott Campbell
11-21-2010, 07:08 PM
http://lucytheblog.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/wicked_witch.jpg

get louder at lambeau
11-21-2010, 07:58 PM
http://lucytheblog.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/wicked_witch.jpg

Shouldn't she be wearing Crocs?

Scott Campbell
11-22-2010, 05:17 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/quarterbackRating/year/2010/seasontype/2

Look who is ranked #32 in the NFL.

HarveyWallbangers
11-22-2010, 05:32 PM
33 QBs qualify, and Bert is #32. Man, Matt Moore must be playing some awful ball.

32 Brett Favre, QB MIN
33 Matt Moore, QB CAR

Pugger
11-22-2010, 11:55 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/The-legend-of-Brett-Favre-is-dead;_ylt=AnSf.7XooZl9zMv.eBSgmfFDubYF?urn=nfl-287826

When you consider we got Matthews with that 3rd rounder from NY in the deal to move up and get him this picture of the Claymaker helping Gramps up speaks volumes. :D

Fritz
11-23-2010, 07:02 AM
Looks like Leslie Frazier's in Brent's corner - says Brent is not the problem, he just needs his teammates to step up.

Wow. Can you say "enabler"?

Bretsky
11-23-2010, 07:18 AM
What's he suppose to say ? He knows Tavarius is junk with little to no upside. So he's an enabler because he's going to back his starting QB. Sure

Oscar
11-23-2010, 07:39 AM
If, what Sir Fritz writes is correct regarding Frazier's comments... By saying the rest of the team needs to step it up. Seems he's giving Favre a pass and calling out all of his team mates. Farve is as much the problem as any other player on that team. IMHO.

ThunderDan
11-23-2010, 08:17 AM
What's he suppose to say ? He knows Tavarius is junk with little to no upside. So he's an enabler because he's going to back his starting QB. Sure

Don't tell that to Steve Young. Maybe 2 years on the bench behind Favre helped TJack. Who knows until you play him during a game?