PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

channtheman
11-23-2010, 09:21 AM
Favre, while playing not very well, has had a bunch of his teamates screwing up. He is part of the problem, but he is not the whole problem. If you put Rodgers on that team they would have won what? 2 more games? A lot of Favre's INT's have been the result of receivers falling down, etc.

Now, I still hate Favre. I'm just saying he isn't the entire problem.

Scott Campbell
11-23-2010, 09:36 AM
Favre, while playing not very well, has had a bunch of his teamates screwing up. He is part of the problem, but he is not the whole problem. If you put Rodgers on that team they would have won what? 2 more games? A lot of Favre's INT's have been the result of receivers falling down, etc.

They might have won quite a few more games with a full compliment of players attending their "mandatory" training camp.

Scott Campbell
11-23-2010, 09:37 AM
Looks like Leslie Frazier's in Brent's corner - says Brent is not the problem, he just needs his teammates to step up.

Wow. Can you say "enabler"?

I think he'll say whatever the hell Zygi scripted for him to say. With the well noted exception of Mike Singletary, interim coaches aren't very controversial.

Scott Campbell
11-23-2010, 09:40 AM
What's he suppose to say ? He knows Tavarius is junk with little to no upside. So he's an enabler because he's going to back his starting QB. Sure

What upside is there to Bert at this point? They could win out and they'd still be screwed. A 3-7 coach with any job security at all would be playing T-Jack or Webb just to find out exactly how many QB's they needed to draft next year.

ThunderDan
11-23-2010, 09:50 AM

Of course why do players fall down? Usually it happens when the have to change directions to get a poorly thrown ball. That one INT Favre had against the Bears was exactly this. One of the announcers said it was becasue the receiver slipped. The ball was thrown so far behind the guy that even if he hadn't of slipped I still think the Bear DB gets the ball.

mmmdk
11-23-2010, 11:15 AM
Dang, I don't miss the Bert lovers - PR's finally becoming a Packers home again. I hope it sticks around.

Tony Oday
11-23-2010, 11:47 AM
Favre sucks, his team sucks and since danglgate Deanna doesn't!

Joemailman
11-23-2010, 11:48 AM
What a difference a year makes. I wonder if that guy still has that jersey.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b219/JimBobSkeeter/ThanksTed.jpg

Scott Campbell
11-23-2010, 11:54 AM

I wonder if these 3 ladies still have their jerseys.

http://toptodaynews.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/brettfavrefamily.jpg

Packgator
11-23-2010, 12:01 PM

That jersey might just end up in the Packers Hall of Fame one day.

channtheman
11-23-2010, 12:03 PM

The NC hat emphasizes the douchiness.

Scott Campbell
11-23-2010, 12:18 PM
I'd like to take a moment to thank Tracy Porter. None of this would have been possible without his pick.

http://images.onset.freedom.com/ocregister/gallery/kws9qc-b78598191z.120100124192857000g8dm4hp7.2.jpg

Fritz
11-23-2010, 12:57 PM
The NC hat emphasizes the douchiness.

And if he still has that jersey, would he dare wear it to the Humpty Dome?

Patler
11-23-2010, 02:05 PM

Generally speaking, when you have a talented team, as MN does, for every interception caused by a receiver falling down there is a "sure" interception dropped by the defender; and for every "sure" TD pass dropped, there is another completed because the receiver makes an outstanding catch.

Not to mention several of Favre's receivers "fell" trying to stop or reach back for very poorly thrown balls.

When a QB is statistically as bad as Favre is right now, most of the problem is the QB.
When a QB is performing as poorly as Favre is right now, it is very difficult for the team to win.
When other parts of the team also play poorly, blowouts result.

CaptainKickass
11-23-2010, 04:01 PM

If I were MN I'd straight cut him right now. That way if some asshole GM wants to pick him up - fantastic. Doesn't affect "The Streak" at all, and if he ever becomes a starter again - streak is in tact.

How exactly does not benching The Old Man make any football sense?

From here: http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/brett-favre-minnesota-vikings-frazier-should-bench-QB-112310

Frazier should bench Favre

Leslie Frazier — you silly, silly man. I know how this movie ends. So does Eric Mangini. So does Brad Childress. And if you listen closely, that roar of laughter you hear in the distance is Green Bay's Mike McCarthy, Ted Thompson and Mark Murphy, who knew it was smarter to get slaughtered in the court of public opinion than continue to let an aging Favre run the organization and get away with whatever he wanted.

Fritz
11-24-2010, 08:20 AM
Well, if you look at Frazier's comments he says at one point that his message to the team is that Favre has been a leader and he is their QB and it's Favre's teammates that need to step up to the plate to help Favre out.

And then there's this quote from the Star-Trib: "It's likely Favre and offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell will be given far more freedom to run the offense, especially because Frazier's expertise is on the other side of the ball."

Wow. Brent must be feeling all warm and fuzzy right now.

Scott Campbell
11-24-2010, 08:32 AM
Well, if you look at Frazier's comments he says at one point that his message to the team is that Favre has been a leader and he is their QB and it's Favre's teammates that need to step up to the plate to help Favre out.

And then there's this quote from the Star-Trib: "It's likely Favre and offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell will be given far more freedom to run the offense, especially because Frazier's expertise is on the other side of the ball."

Wow. Brent must be feeling all warm and fuzzy right now.

He might be momentarily happy about getting Chili canned, but at the end of the day he's still just playing out the string.

Fritz
11-24-2010, 08:39 AM
He might be momentarily happy about getting Chili canned, but at the end of the day he's still just playing out the string.

I am curious as to whether this new freedom to run the offense will result in him playing like he did last year - that old meme of the "revitalized" Brent - or if the team's suckiness will put him in the position of trying to do it all and thus throwing more and more picks.

Patler
11-24-2010, 09:29 AM
For what it's worth, Andrew Brandt isn't convinced that Favre will retire for good this time. Answering questions from readers, he wrote::

Brett is done after this year, no?
I choose to never believe that. I have always thought Brett would play: when he took his time every offseason to decide to return; when he retired in 2008; and when he sat at home through the 2009 and 2010 offseasons. As to 2011, the mess of this season may actually work to spur Brett to prove he can do better.

Pugger
11-24-2010, 09:31 AM
What upside is there to Bert at this point? They could win out and they'd still be screwed. A 3-7 coach with any job security at all would be playing T-Jack or Webb just to find out exactly how many QB's they needed to draft next year.

+1 Farp isn't the future, that's for sure.

Joemailman
11-24-2010, 09:34 AM
If Favre does not retire, he will find that mo one wants him. The only coach who would have put up with Favre's conditions for playing has now been fired. There is not going to be a market out there for a 42 year old QB who doesn't want to go to training camp.

Fritz
11-24-2010, 09:36 AM
For what it's worth, Andrew Brandt isn't convinced that Favre will retire for good this time. Answering questions from readers, he wrote::

If Brent is really, really determined to not hang on too long, and if he's convinced he can still play at a high level next year, and if there is a "next year" for the NFL, I can imagine a scenario in which Brent comes back. Again.

If Brent feels like he has something to prove, y'know, that might bring him back.

But then again, this is the same guy who keeps chanting that he has nothing to prove.

Packgator
11-24-2010, 09:56 AM
Washington Post article slams Favre.......

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/11/23/AR2010112307203.html

Cheesehead Craig
11-24-2010, 09:58 AM
If Favre does not retire, he will find that mo one wants him. The only coach who would have put up with Favre's conditions for playing has now been fired. There is not going to be a market out there for a 42 year old QB who doesn't want to go to training camp.

Exactly. What system is being run that he can just step into? He won't go to training camp and learn a new one, his body is breaking down and he's not as respected among current players as he once was. I really think there's nowhere left for him to go.

Scott Campbell
11-24-2010, 10:03 AM

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/11/23/AR2010112307203.html

Wow. And I thought I hated Bert.

Joemailman
11-24-2010, 10:17 AM
That article was tough, and I thought a little unfair. It accuses Favre of throwing Childress under the bus, but Childress throwing Favre under the bus is dismissed as "not politic". They got it right at the end of the article though. Favre never figured out what he wanted to do after fame and football, and thus stayed too long.

channtheman
11-24-2010, 10:41 AM
That article was tough, and I thought a little unfair. It accuses Favre of throwing Childress under the bus, but Childress throwing Favre under the bus is dismissed as "not politic". They got it right at the end of the article though. Favre never figured out what he wanted to do after fame and football, and thus stayed too long.

I guess golf and riding his lawn mower around town got old pretty fast in the half of the off season he was retired for in 2008.

Scott Campbell
11-24-2010, 10:50 AM
Favre never figured out what he wanted to do after fame and football, and thus stayed too long.

Amateur photography.

Joemailman
11-24-2010, 10:59 AM
Amateur photography.

Calling Favre an amateur. Why the hate Scott Campbell?

swede
11-24-2010, 11:46 AM

Well, he is a little overexposed.

Scott Campbell
11-24-2010, 12:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpqO0_lAV8E&feature=player_embedded

CaptainKickass
11-24-2010, 12:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpqO0_lAV8E&feature=player_embedded

Haha.

Best line in the damn thing - "Brett Favre is now facing third and schlong"

mmmdk
11-24-2010, 12:19 PM

She's spot on - great read.

Fritz
11-24-2010, 03:19 PM
Ouch. That piece could've been written by Scott Campbell.

Cheesehead Craig
11-24-2010, 04:33 PM
Favre during his press conference today "I want to finish on a high note."

Brett Favre now high.

Bretsky
11-24-2010, 05:16 PM
Ouch. That piece could've been written by Scott Campbell.

he's too busy as the CEO of deadspin.com ..........lol

Fritz
11-24-2010, 05:36 PM
Bretsky, this weekend you can predict defeat and feel reasonably certain you'll be correct.

Tough game.

Bretsky
11-24-2010, 09:25 PM
I'll certainly do my part of the whammy

MJZiggy
11-24-2010, 09:56 PM
There was only one real part of the article I objected to and it's this: Here's Favre, dragging a whole franchise into his retirement psychodrama for the past two summers, and...

TWO summers, my ass. It's been closer to six or are we not a franchise now?

And for the guys getting on her because she thought it merely non-politic that Chilly threw Favre under the bus for his performance, Chilly was the coach, part of whose job it was to evaluate and coach the players and speak about the players' performance to the press. Maybe he didn't have to do it that way, but it's not Favre's job nor is it his place to criticize the coach, publicly or otherwise. It completely undermined the authoritative structure of the team--not that I didn't enjoy it, but it wasn't Favre's place to do that to Chilly. That's Zygi's place.

gbgary
11-24-2010, 10:57 PM

Wow. And I thought I hated Bert.

no hate in that article...just the truth. i agree with every word of it and zig's points too. it could have been sooooo different. oh well, fuckim! remember, he doesn't regret anything.

HarveyWallbangers
11-25-2010, 12:20 AM
I'll certainly do my part of the whammy

Sorry I didn't text back, but my plan is limited and I went way over last month. The wife was unhappy. I still don't think this team will win the Super Bowl. If we still had Finley and Grant, I would change my tune. You never know though. We'll know a lot more after this weekend. This game will be as tough as any game we'd face in the playoffs--other than playing at Philadelphia.

Bretsky
11-25-2010, 01:25 AM
just got to reading this as I figured it wasn't worth wasting my time. I was right
Very one sided and jaded as if another shewriter was trying to make a name for herself
One drams queen writing about another
Weak; she conveniently leaves out points and has weak support on others
Some of her views are accurate, while often incomplete. But she should read McGinn and learn when her goal is to write a slanted editorial.

She would not be worthy of holding the jock strap of some of the posters in here criticizing Favre.
She should join our forum and take lessons on supporting viewpoints

My view of Lori Nickels just went up a notch

MJZiggy
11-25-2010, 08:28 AM
just got to reading this as I figured it wasn't worth wasting my time. I was right
Very one sided and jaded as if another shewriter was trying to make a name for herself
One drams queen writing about another
Weak; she conveniently leaves out points and has weak support on others
Some of her views are accurate, while often incomplete. But she should read McGinn and learn when her goal is to write a slanted editorial.

She would not be worthy of holding the jock strap of some of the posters in here criticizing Favre.
She should join our forum and take lessons on supporting viewpoints

My view of Lori Nickels just went up a notch

What did she leave out, and what was incomplete or unsupported? What was accurate? You have me curious.

Pugger
11-25-2010, 09:10 AM
I am curious as to whether this new freedom to run the offense will result in him playing like he did last year - that old meme of the "revitalized" Brent - or if the team's suckiness will put him in the position of trying to do it all and thus throwing more and more picks.

I think Farp played lights out in 2009 because vengence was his motivation. He wanted to stick it to the Packers and TT. He thought he could just show up at the eleventh hour again this year and be just as wonderful but his lack of offseason training and preparation came back to bite him and the queens in the tail. Couldn't happen to a more deserving bunch of clowns, frankly. :laugh:

Scott Campbell
11-25-2010, 12:00 PM

Because a pro would have used a macro shot for something that size.

Fritz
11-26-2010, 06:09 PM
No doubt I'll get a flag for piling on, but what the hell:

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_3482_Childress_the_latest_victim_of_Old_Yeller_ Fever.html

Ouch.

CaptainKickass
11-26-2010, 07:19 PM
No doubt I'll get a flag for piling on, but what the hell:

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_3482_Childress_the_latest_victim_of_Old_Yeller_ Fever.html

Ouch.

Fritz - you never seem to let us down.

My Favorites:

The Vikings were victimized by Old Yeller Fever in 2009. An organization that had never won a Super Bowl actually stepped back and said to itself:

"You know, maybe if we pick up an aging, mistake-prone, 40-year-old quarterback with a history of collossal meltdowns on the field and massive bouts of public indecision in the off-season, but who won a Super Bowl back in 1996, we might actually win one, too!"

But like a buddy caught up in the fever of drugs, booze or an affair, victims of Old Yeller Fever never listen to anybody.

LP
11-27-2010, 12:37 PM
Recieved this in an e-mail. You can judge for yourself.

Brad Childress' House Egged Monday Night

Minneapolis police reported that an individual attempted to "egg" Brad
Childress' house last night. An empty egg carton was recovered at the
scene.

Two eggs hit Mr. Childress' house, 3 eggs went over his house and hit
his
neighbor's back door, 2 eggs hit the houses of each of his next door
neighbors, and the remaining 3 eggs were found broken on the ground near
the
carton from where the individual threw them.

Analyzing what was actually hit, police officials say they are
considering
Brett Favre as the primary suspect.

channtheman
11-27-2010, 01:34 PM
:lol: Funny stuff man!

Pugger
11-27-2010, 06:34 PM
:rs:
Recieved this in an e-mail. You can judge for yourself.

Brad Childress' House Egged Monday Night

Minneapolis police reported that an individual attempted to "egg" Brad
Childress' house last night. An empty egg carton was recovered at the
scene.

Two eggs hit Mr. Childress' house, 3 eggs went over his house and hit
his
neighbor's back door, 2 eggs hit the houses of each of his next door
neighbors, and the remaining 3 eggs were found broken on the ground near
the
carton from where the individual threw them.

Analyzing what was actually hit, police officials say they are
considering
Brett Favre as the primary suspect.

:rs:

Too funny!! Can I share it?

Old School
11-27-2010, 07:18 PM
This is the 1st time I have ventured on this post. Fritz's article on Old Yeller Fever seems the perfect place to put this 755 pages tp pasture. I live for the day I can come to Packer Rats and never see BrINT's name anywhere.
He's not a Packer, and not even much of a QB. His legacy and personal life are in much deserved shambles.
Na na na na ............

swede
11-27-2010, 09:25 PM
This is the 1st time I have ventured on this post. Fritz's article on Old Yeller Fever seems the perfect place to put this 755 pages tp pasture. I live for the day I can come to Packer Rats and never see BrINT's name anywhere.
He's not a Packer, and not even much of a QB. His legacy and personal life are in much deserved shambles.
Na na na na ............

This thread is the Mason-Dixon Line compromise: we couldn't keep some rats from loving Brint so much that they wanted to post weekly love letters to his progress as a Jet/Viking and we couldn't keep others from starting countless new threads to flame him so it was decided that all things BF could stay in one easy-to-ignore spot. This compromise has kept an uneasy peace among Ratdom. The truly recent development was to have yet another thread which was allowed to stay because Joe ruled it was about Brint's cock and not so much about Brint the football player.

Joemailman
11-27-2010, 11:01 PM
Na na na na ............

With all due respect, I hope you're living for more than that!

In a Packer forum as un-moderated as this one, it's unrealistic to expect for references and discussion of Favre to disappear. Most Packer fans have a sense of history. Whether you love Favre, hate him, or are somewhere in between, Favre is a pretty significant part of that history.

bobblehead
11-28-2010, 09:24 AM
With all due respect, I hope you're living for more than that!

In a Packer forum as un-moderated as this one, it's unrealistic to expect for references and discussion of Favre to disappear. Most Packer fans have a sense of history. Whether you love Favre, hate him, or are somewhere in between, Favre is a pretty significant part of that history.

On that note I propose a Bart Starr thread.....but not one for his cock.

RashanGary
11-28-2010, 10:06 AM
Just saw it on ESPN from Ed Werder. Brett Favre is, "fighting illness". Poor victim Favre.

Pugger
11-28-2010, 10:09 AM
I have a question for all of you who can get the Packer Radio Network. Do any of you recall Wayne and Larry discussing Favre's departure on the air during the second MN/GB game last season?? Someone on the GBP-G forum claims to have heard Wayne and Larry telling the listeners during the broadcast of that game that after the NFC Championship game that a member of the Executive Committee wanted Favre gone! They then went on to discuss at length that the team decided to part company with Favre before #4's teary press conference. Do any of you recall hearing this on the air during the game? I find it hard to believe a story such as this hasn't been mentioned before now.

pbmax
11-28-2010, 10:30 AM
Just saw it on ESPN from Ed Werder. Brett Favre is, "fighting illness". Poor victim Favre.

He has a sinus infection according to Zulgad.

pbmax
11-28-2010, 10:41 AM
I have a question for all of you who can get the Packer Radio Network. Do any of you recall Wayne and Larry discussing Favre's departure on the air during the second MN/GB game last season?? Someone on the GBP-G forum claims to have heard Wayne and Larry telling the listeners during the broadcast of that game that after the NFC Championship game that a member of the Executive Committee wanted Favre gone! They then went on to discuss at length that the team decided to part company with Favre before #4's teary press conference. Do any of you recall hearing this on the air during the game? I find it hard to believe a story such as this hasn't been mentioned before now.

I doubt its true, but I can't say I remember the broadcast. I could easily see a member of the Exec Committee holding that opinion, but to share it with the radio team would be dumb. And then the part about planning to part company before the retirement party does not flow from the first claim, not does it mean that this member got his way. Thompson could still have made the call and the first part of the story remains unconnected. It is simply a way to make it look like a plot to force Brett out come hell or high water; to make it look like he had no choice.

However, there is a wealth of mis-information about Brett and the Packers decision to part company floating around. I learned last week on another football site that Brett first got his own private office from Mike Sherman in 2005 to protect Brett from intrusive media inquiries about the drafting of Aaron Rodgers.

gbgary
11-28-2010, 10:48 AM
He has a sinus infection according to Zulgad.

the espn crawl says bf says he might have pneumonia but expects to start. sounds like he needs another hug. i hope he does start with pneumonia.

gbgary
11-28-2010, 11:20 AM
the espn crawl says bf says he might have pneumonia but expects to start. sounds like he needs another hug. i hope he does start with pneumonia.

sorry...it was the nfl network crawl.

MJZiggy
11-28-2010, 02:24 PM

He does this every week. He's just setting up so that if he sucks, there's a reason why. If it's not a shoulder, it's the ankle. If neither one can be used for an excuse, then a simple sinus infection that I could play with becomes pneumomia. Woe is he.

Joemailman
12-01-2010, 06:55 PM
Favre To Retire!!!

http://packersnews.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20101201/PKR01/101201091/Favre-I-m-done-I-m-done-after-this-season

You heard it here first.

mmmdk
12-02-2010, 01:37 PM
He does this every week. He's just setting up so that if he sucks, there's a reason why. If it's not a shoulder, it's the ankle. If neither one can be used for an excuse, then a simple sinus infection that I could play with becomes pneumomia. Woe is he.

Tough gal - I like that :tup:

You'd have kicked Favre's ass for texting his little Favre!!

Cheesehead Craig
12-02-2010, 02:09 PM
The funny thing is that when Favre mentioned that he had pneumonia, he was asked if he had seen a doctor and Brett said that he didn't. So he self-diagnosed himself that since he had a cold, it was pneumonia.

He's got a built in excuse for every time he may do poorly just like you said.

CaptainKickass
12-02-2010, 06:12 PM
Favre To Retire!!!

http://packersnews.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20101201/PKR01/101201091/Favre-I-m-done-I-m-done-after-this-season

You heard it here first.

I dunno why or how but... I somehow feel like I really didn't hear it here first.

MJZiggy
12-02-2010, 06:43 PM
Tough gal - I like that :tup:

You'd have kicked Favre's ass for texting his little Favre!!

I think I'd have just laughed my ass of, sorta like Jenn did...

MJZiggy
12-02-2010, 06:44 PM
I dunno why or how but... I somehow feel like I really didn't hear it here first.

Maybe not, but you probably heard it here first the first time.

Pugger
12-02-2010, 07:09 PM
The funny thing is that when Favre mentioned that he had pneumonia, he was asked if he had seen a doctor and Brett said that he didn't. So he self-diagnosed himself that since he had a cold, it was pneumonia.

He's got a built in excuse for every time he may do poorly just like you said.

This is why you can't believe that clown. If he had pneumonia he would be in BED, not talking to reporters.

Fritz
12-03-2010, 10:39 AM
On that note I propose a Bart Starr thread.....but not one for his cock.

No penis thread. He was, however, as cool as a cucumber...

Guiness
12-05-2010, 03:15 PM
Favre got replaced by Jackson today, after getting leveled during the first series of the game. He returned to the sideline, but Frazier kept Jackson, who led the team to 31 first half points, in the game.

What are the odds this is the last we see of Favre on the field?

Almost stared a new thread for this...

Joemailman
12-05-2010, 03:23 PM
I doubt it. I didn't see the game, but T-Jack did make some mistakes apparently with 3 INT's. I'm not saying he shouldn't start, but I don't think he will.

Favre had 0 passing yards today. I assume that's a first since his streak started.

GrnBay007
12-05-2010, 03:36 PM
Favre got replaced by Jackson today, after getting leveled during the first series of the game. He returned to the sideline, but Frazier kept Jackson, who led the team to 31 first half points, in the game.

What are the odds this is the last we see of Favre on the field?

Almost stared a new thread for this...

By the time Favre returned to the sideline the Vikes had a comfortable lead. No need to take the risk and have him return.

Packers4Glory
12-05-2010, 04:03 PM
Jackson played a shit game. lucky for them the Bills defense is horrific.

Joemailman
12-05-2010, 04:42 PM
Frazier said Favre will be the starter if healthy. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81ca4fda/article/frazier-favre-sprained-shoulder-will-start-next-game-if-ok?module=HP_headlines

Guiness
12-05-2010, 07:03 PM
I see that now - I initially just read the short recap that said he started off 10 for 12, and after an interception on his (first throw?) he led them to 31 first half points - a very glowing report compared to his actual final line!

MJZiggy
12-05-2010, 07:11 PM
Frazier said Favre will be the starter if healthy. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81ca4fda/article/frazier-favre-sprained-shoulder-will-start-next-game-if-ok?module=HP_headlines

Define healthy. Does he have to be over his "pneumonia?" How 'bout the "broken" ankle? Is this the same shoulder that's been wounded since last season? Like I said, define healthy.

Joemailman
12-05-2010, 07:26 PM
Define healthy. Does he have to be over his "pneumonia?" How 'bout the "broken" ankle? Is this the same shoulder that's been wounded since last season? Like I said, define healthy.

Hey, it's not my quote. Tell Leslie Frazier to define healthy.

MJZiggy
12-05-2010, 07:30 PM
Hey, it's not my quote. Tell Leslie Frazier to define healthy.

I'm just thinking this leaves Leslie plenty of room to declare him unhealthy and sit him.

gex
12-06-2010, 12:25 AM
Reading some of the readers comments on the NFL site for this story and I liked this line about it possibly being Favre's last game...

"Now all the Favre haters will have to find someone else to vent their frustrated inadequacies on!"

swede
12-06-2010, 07:17 AM
Reading some of the readers comments on the NFL site for this story and I liked this line about it possibly being Favre's last game...

"Now all the Favre haters will have to find someone else to vent their frustrated inadequacies on!"

Perhaps we'll gang up on posters who finish their sentences with prepositions.

HowardRoark
12-06-2010, 07:21 AM

Rand? Is that you?

swede
12-06-2010, 07:24 AM
Rand? Is that you?

Man, it would freak me out to find that half of the posters on Packerrats are just Rand clones messing with my head.

pbmax
12-06-2010, 07:49 AM

Jay Cutler. I am ready to go. Thanks for asking.

Cheesehead Craig
12-06-2010, 08:40 AM
Jay Cutler. I am ready to go. Thanks for asking.

Does that mean we can start an Ofiicial Cutler the Living Douchebag Thread?

Joemailman
12-06-2010, 08:45 AM
Battle Of The Living Douchebags in a couple weeks.

Scott Campbell
12-06-2010, 08:55 AM
Battle Of The Living Douchebags in a couple weeks.

Cutler's redeemed himself somewhat so far this year. It's like he and Bert traded places.

Patler
12-06-2010, 08:58 AM

or, put another way, "Perhaps we'll gang up on posters who use prepositions to finish their sentences with!" :wink:

HowardRoark
12-06-2010, 09:20 AM
or, put another way, "Perhaps we'll gang up on posters who use prepositions to finish their sentences with!" :wink:

Where's that thread at?

swede
12-06-2010, 10:57 AM

That...

Kiwon
12-06-2010, 12:54 PM

Where would the grammatically challenged go to? Which website would you have them on? Where should they be at? That is not the spirit that PackerRats is made of. Besides, this is why Brett Farve is here for – to be praised and hated on. In the future who knows what kind of trouble that he will be in? He will always be around for us to deal with.

denverYooper
12-06-2010, 12:58 PM
Where would the grammatically challenged go to? Which website would you have them on? Where should they be at? That is not the spirit that PackerRats is made of. Besides, this is why Brett Farve is here for – to be praised and hated on. In the future who knows what kind of trouble that he will be in? He will always be around for us to deal with.

I see what you did there.

swede
12-06-2010, 01:01 PM
Kiwon I'm proud of, but you other guys I'm not so happy with.

Patler
12-06-2010, 01:03 PM
I see what you did there.

This line of postings may be difficult to get out from under.

Tony Oday
12-10-2010, 02:52 PM
And yet another thing AR is beating Favre this year....

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Green-Bay-Packers-quarterback-Aaron-Rodgers-surpasses-Minnesota-Vikings-Brett-Favre-in-jersey-sales-121010

Pugger
12-10-2010, 03:37 PM

:lol: :lol:

gex
12-13-2010, 09:18 PM
Nice halftime show from Berman on Favre.

gex
12-14-2010, 03:13 PM
Mobb, You ever make it over to the new forum?

hoosier
12-14-2010, 06:59 PM
The sound of silence....

Bretsky
12-14-2010, 08:02 PM
let this thread die

Scott Campbell
12-14-2010, 08:03 PM
let this thread die

.....right along with Bert's career.

Bretsky
12-14-2010, 08:10 PM

good, then we agree

Joemailman
12-14-2010, 08:18 PM
good, then we agree

B,

If you want a thread to die, you should stop bumping it. :wink:

Really though, I think it's unrealistic to expect people on a Packers forum to stop talking about Brett Favre. Love him or hate him, he's a fascinating figure.

easy cheesy
12-14-2010, 11:23 PM

Rigor set in long ago... IMHO... Should have gone out with dignity.... Like an Elway... the whole ending is an absolute "mess".... coach fired.... roof collapses... career in shambles... shouldn't have kept Brat Fart in the game, at a certain point in the season anyway, because he is DEFINITELY NOT the future of the Vikings... misfires.... miscues... long buried scandals rearing their "heads".... a cluster all the way around...FUBAR.... good riddance... I understand where those think that he brought something to the game.... he brought one ring... and a copious lot of statistics and records... but I reiterate... one ring.... ***sigh***... for some, I guess that's enough though..... but, what do I know.... I'm just an opinionated bystander without a clue....

swede
12-14-2010, 11:34 PM
+1 Cheesy

Patler
12-15-2010, 12:03 AM
Rigor set in long ago... IMHO... Should have gone out with dignity.... Like an Elway... the whole ending is an absolute "mess".... coach fired.... roof collapses... career in shambles... shouldn't have kept Brat Fart in the game, at a certain point in the season anyway, because he is DEFINITELY NOT the future of the Vikings... misfires.... miscues... long buried scandals rearing their "heads".... a cluster all the way around...FUBAR.... good riddance... I understand where those think that he brought something to the game.... he brought one ring... and a copious lot of statistics and records... but I reiterate... one ring.... ***sigh***... for some, I guess that's enough though..... but, what do I know.... I'm just an opinionated bystander without a clue....

You make a good point. Favre memories by fans will tend to be about the individual, not the team, because he really didn't have outstanding team accomplishments. One SB win and two SB appearances pale in comparison to what many other QB's have achieved.

For Favre you think about personal stats, not team accomplishments.
For Brady one stat stands out (TDs in a season) but mostly you think about the team accomplishments.
Roethlisberger is about team accomplishments, too.
Manning is a lot like Favre, you think about the personal stats.

Tarlam!
12-15-2010, 02:22 AM
When I think about Favre, I think about the 200 dollars I shelled out for a jersey that I would like to urinate on. He's a fascinating figure to me, 'cause of the cock sucking media attention he receives, despite his obvious character flaws. They say love and hate are only seperated by a very fine line, I must have loved him passionately in the past, because the very sight of him makes me want throw up today.

Scott Campbell
12-15-2010, 07:33 AM
For Brady one stat stands out (TDs in a season) but mostly you think about the team accomplishments.

True, but Brady may be best remembered for all the supermodels.

Cheesehead Craig
12-15-2010, 09:56 AM
True, but Brady may be best remembered for all the supermodels.

And bad haircuts.

RashanGary
12-15-2010, 10:05 AM
Favre and TO comparisons

- Both involved in crazy drama
- Both chalk it up to just wanting to win
- Both accumulated crazy stats over long careers
- Both played for 4 or more teams with at least one blow up departure
- Neither had crazy record breaking seasons
- Favre threw INT's, TO dropped balls
- Neither known as champions of their era
- Both had magnetic, larger than life personalities that attracted cameras and die hard fans

Both great players. Both have had great careers. Neither is even close to my favorite at their position.

RashanGary
12-15-2010, 10:11 AM
On Favre's way out, I find it odd how unceremonial it has been. His streak is one of the greatest accomplishments in all of sports yet it gets a few lines of play and everyone moves on. Dan Marino, Elway, Montana. . . It was a big deal when they were done. Favre is almost forgotten if not for the record book.

3irty1
12-15-2010, 10:24 AM
On Favre's way out, I find it odd how unceremonial it has been. His streak is one of the greatest accomplishments in all of sports yet it gets a few lines of play and everyone moves on. Dan Marino, Elway, Montana. . . It was a big deal when they were done. Favre is almost forgotten if not for the record book.

Not really true. Favre's already taken over ESPN a handful of times with his annual retirements.

Scott Campbell
12-15-2010, 10:55 AM
On Favre's way out, I find it odd how unceremonial it has been.

I think that may be because it's mostly reruns.

Freak Out
12-15-2010, 11:38 AM
I thought Favre could start again this year? He's not on IR correct? Fuck....we NEED him to start against the Bears.

vince
12-21-2010, 10:58 AM
Favre exuding class toward the Packers once again...

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/columns/story?columnist=wilbon_michael&id=5941769

Peppers was one of the Bears defenders who found Favre after the game, to shake his hand and wish him well, and more actually. "I was happy Brett suited up," Peppers said. "I figured it might be the last time I got to see him across the field from me on the opposing sideline. Yeah, I talked to him after the game. I told him it was an honor to play against him. He said, 'Likewise. … Go beat the Packers in a couple of weeks.'"

What a dick.

Scott Campbell
12-21-2010, 11:09 AM
Here he is, getting more of what he deserves. It's nice of Urlacher to pay his last respects like this:

http://media.jsonline.com/images/440353/favre122010.jpg

mraynrand
12-21-2010, 11:14 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEfMBeSbPA8&feature=related

mraynrand
12-21-2010, 11:14 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6VsHrEqjWI&feature=related

mraynrand
12-21-2010, 11:16 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsASxsXXpno&feature=related

mraynrand
12-21-2010, 11:21 AM
Another Classic, classy move from Favre in preseason.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncPSbDPpYwY&feature=related

Scott Campbell
12-21-2010, 11:21 AM

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/columns/story?columnist=wilbon_michael&id=5941769

What a dick.

And people wonder why us fans hold a grudge?

Fritz
12-21-2010, 12:16 PM

What a dick.

Vince, you're back! And with a pithy, accurate comment, per usual.

Scott Campbell
12-21-2010, 01:43 PM
http://cmsimg.greenbaypressgazette.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=U0&Date=20101220&Category=PKR01&ArtNo=101220109&Ref=AR&MaxW=318&Border=0

Scott Campbell
12-21-2010, 03:21 PM
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2010/12/22/sports/22fastforward/22fastforward-articleLarge.jpg

Scott Campbell
12-21-2010, 03:22 PM
http://www.threedonia.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/YA-Tittle.jpg

gbgary
12-21-2010, 07:22 PM
http://www.fototime.com/DE76F47F12193CE/orig.jpg

[/thread]

Bretsky
12-21-2010, 08:36 PM
oh for the love of God here we go again; does this rally frickin surprise anybody ? Is this actually news ? Who gives a shit at this point.

Not that anybody in here would want to hear anythig positive about Favre...but here it is.

Brett and Deanna Favre recently flew in and came about 45 minutes from my home to visit a family with a very sick young one per their request. I heard about it last week but didn't bother posting it in here because those who still have some liking for him have left here.

The experience was posted by somebody on youtube if anybody cares about anything positive
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQlcYsz1c8s

Bossman641
12-21-2010, 09:26 PM

What a dick.

I was starting to warm to Favre a little, especially after seeing him get beat up so much lately. Not after hearing this.

Joemailman
12-21-2010, 09:33 PM
Favre still has negative feelings toward the Packers. A lot of Packer fans have very negative feelings toward Favre. Fair enough. But when Favre makes a comment reflecting his negative feelings toward the Packers, does that make him a dick? Any more of a dick than the people who feel he got what he deserved when he gets injured?

Bretsky
12-21-2010, 09:39 PM
Just because his dislike for GB has been out of the news lately does not mean anything has changed.

Favre is bitter toward the leaders of Green Bay and does not want them to be successful; water is wet. Maybe the former will change someday but it isn't happening anytime soon.

If you want to dislike Favre for being bitter to Green Bay or TT and MM, or for being a douche...or all of the above that is your decision and I can respect that.

But I'm shocked if any of this would surprise anybody

Tony Oday
12-21-2010, 09:41 PM
Favre is a text sending, flip flopping, int throwing, over the hill, stayed one year too long, piece of monkey shit!

HowardRoark
12-21-2010, 09:55 PM
oh for the love of God here we go again; does this rally frickin surprise anybody ? Is this actually news ? Who gives a shit at this point.

Not that anybody in here would want to hear anythig positive about Favre...but here it is.

Brett and Deanna Favre recently flew in and came about 45 minutes from my home to visit a family with a very sick young one per their request. I heard about it last week but didn't bother posting it in here because those who still have some liking for him have left here.

The experience was posted by somebody on youtube if anybody cares about anything positive

hoosier, I didn't write this...sometimes the quote works, sometimes it doesn't.......

On Monday night, you may have noticed Brett Favre wearing a fifth No. 4 in addition to the four that he already adorns on his purple home jerseys. You may have also noticed that the number was backward. This wasn’t a mistake, in fact, there is a very good reason behind it.

It all started on Friday, when Favre and his wife Deanna flew to Milwaukee to visit with a young fan named Anderson, who happens to be dying from a brain tumor. Brett was excused from practice and meetings by head coach Leslie Frazier in order to visit with the young man.

The Favres spent three hours with five-year-old Anderson and his family before heading back to the Twin Cities.

“Great family… Packer fans.” said Favre. “Kind of a conflicting household because this young man, Anderson, had become a Vikings fan as well. And since the brain tumor, he started writing his fours backwards.”

Before Monday night’s game, Favre decided to honor Anderson by wearing a towel with his number on it.

“Right before the game, Deanna sent this towel down with this backwards ‘4’ on it knowing that I would know what that would be about…that was in honor of him.”

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/andersonbutzine

HowardRoark
12-21-2010, 10:01 PM
What Favre needs is a PR person, and it doesn’t even have to be a very good one. Basically, someone to control his mouth; kind of like Holmgren with his playing.

Yesterday, why couldn’t he have just said that he was playing because that’s what he is paid to do, and that’s how his dad raised him………but it’s always got to be that he is doing it for the fans or for his team, blah, blah, blah…..oh the martyr Brett.

mraynrand
12-21-2010, 10:19 PM

That's really smart PR. I wonder if Ari suggested it...

mraynrand
12-21-2010, 10:21 PM
The good thing is that there are still two games left in the season. I know it's highly unlikely at this point, but Favre could still get knocked out of up to two more games. Keep hope alive!

Pugger
12-22-2010, 01:02 AM
He is the starting QB of a divisional rival for most likely 2 more weeks so there is nothing horrible about dissing him. Wanting injury upon him is way over the top but he will be long gone and back on his tractor in a few days, hopefully for good.

easy cheesy
12-22-2010, 01:11 AM
Favre is a text sending, flip flopping, int throwing, over the hill, stayed one year too long, piece of monkey shit!

Only one year? You are too kind.... PEOPLE... can we get OVER this asshat already? Sidebar..... I did lol at Sir Charles stating that he did not find the fact that he (Brett) sent out a picture of his "member" to a female inhernently offensive... but however... he (Sir Charles) stated that, if you are going to send a photo of your "junk" you better hope it's at least "size worthy"... over 4 inches... ***wah wah wah wah****

easy cheesy
12-22-2010, 01:16 AM
One last thing.... living legend my ass..... ****pfffftttt*****... piffle and drivel abounds.....

Scott Campbell
12-22-2010, 07:30 AM
That's really smart PR. I wonder if Ari suggested it...

I sure hope that's not why he did it. But I can't blame people for being cynical about his motivation - especially given the coverage.

Patler
12-22-2010, 07:56 AM
It all started on Friday, when Favre and his wife Deanna flew to Milwaukee to visit with a young fan named Anderson, who happens to be dying from a brain tumor. Brett was excused from practice and meetings by head coach Leslie Frazier in order to visit with the young man.[/url]

Favre has had a long, long history of working with "Make A Wish" etc. While with the Packers it was said he had kids come in almost weekly during the season. He was always quite low-key about it, and at his request, so were the Packers. About once a year you would see a small news release about it, but he did an awful lot more than was publicized.

If I were a skeptic, I would point out what I have bolded in the quote above along with Favre's admitted dislike for the endless meetings during the season. :lol: But I do this only in jest. Clearly he visited the boy for all the right reasons. He has done the same often in the past, and I have no reasons to doubt his motivations now.

Teamcheez1
12-22-2010, 09:03 AM
Favre still has negative feelings toward the Packers. A lot of Packer fans have very negative feelings toward Favre. Fair enough. But when Favre makes a comment reflecting his negative feelings toward the Packers, does that make him a dick? Any more of a dick than the people who feel he got what he deserved when he gets injured?

I would say "yes". Favre is now three years removed and an elder statesman in the league. He needs to act like a professional and take the high road when he is in the public eye. He just diminishes himself and shows his bitterness and lack of maturity when making negative statements about the Packers. Emotional fans on newsgroups are simply background noise. His words are spoken to the media and will always be noticed.

mraynrand
12-22-2010, 09:38 AM
Favre has had a long, long history of working with "Make A Wish" etc. While with the Packers it was said he had kids come in almost weekly during the season. He was always quite low-key about it, and at his request, so were the Packers. About once a year you would see a small news release about it, but he did an awful lot more than was publicized.

If I were a skeptic, I would point out what I have bolded in the quote above along with Favre's admitted dislike for the endless meetings during the season. :lol: But I do this only in jest. Clearly he visited the boy for all the right reasons. He has done the same often in the past, and I have no reasons to doubt his motivations now.

I have no reason to believe that anything about the guy is sincere, except what I see on the field. But so what? The guy is just another prima donna athlete. No big deal. At least he isn't slaughtering dogs for entertainment - as far as we know.

packers11
12-22-2010, 05:28 PM
Favre to Peppers: “Beat the Packers”

Posted by Mike Florio on December 22, 2010, 1:21 PM EST

Though it may not have the same effect as Adrian’s post-coma, one-word plea to Rocky, former Green Bay quarterback Brett Favre had a message for current Bears defensive end Julius Peppers on Monday night.

Beat the Packers.

“I talked to him after the game,” Peppers tells Michael Wilbon of ESPNChicago.com (via Judd Zulgad of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune). “I told him it was an honor to play against him. He said, ‘Likewise. . . . Go beat the Packers in a couple of weeks.’”

And so we have obtained another glimpse into the character of Brett Favre. At a time when his current team has just been embarrassed on national television, when his disappointing final (maybe) season is ending, when he’s walking off the field for the last time (perhaps), he’s worried about the Packers for nudging him into his First Annual Retirement nearly three years ago.

Remember when Jay Glazer of FOX reported that Favre helped the Lions and Matt Millen plan for the Packers in 2008? The report widely was denied.

We believed it then, and we believe it even more in light of Favre’s comments to Peppers.

Joemailman
12-22-2010, 05:38 PM
Already been discussed on previous page.

packers11
12-22-2010, 05:45 PM
Already been discussed on previous page.

:oops:

Freak Out
12-22-2010, 05:51 PM
Senior moment. :)

Iron Mike
12-22-2010, 06:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PECOxuxHoU

Bretsky
12-22-2010, 07:53 PM

actually he's giving a wish that Chicage beats Green Bay. Surprise ...water is wet.
People wishing injury are worse

MJZiggy
12-22-2010, 08:31 PM
Ok, so here it is: Favre's been an ass's behind for the last 3 years. He's lied, manipulated and (at least tried) gone back to his old womanizing. I can't respect that. Does him telling Peppers to beat Green Bay (knowing it will end up on ESPN and likely make national headlines for millions to read) make him more of an ass than some anonymous poster on a message board who types that he hopes the dude breaks something? I'd say yes. HOWEVER, the one thing that I've always respected most about the dude is his work with kids. I've seen presentations where he was involved with sick kids and believe that his gestures toward them are completely genuine. He was raised by a special ed teacher. One of his best buds for years was a mentally challenged man that he became friends with while a kid himself. It doesn't surprise me that his coach let him off to go do this as no one thought he'd play this week anyway. I think Brett Favre has turned into a complete prima donna dick, but I do think this move was genuine and honestly motivated. He has a true talent with these kids that most do not and I believe this is what he should be doing post football.

Little Whiskey
12-22-2010, 08:59 PM
well said, zig

Joemailman
12-22-2010, 09:21 PM
Ok, so here it is: Favre's been an ass's behind for the last 3 years. He's lied, manipulated and (at least tried) gone back to his old womanizing. I can't respect that. Does him telling Peppers to beat Green Bay (knowing it will end up on ESPN and likely make national headlines for millions to read) make him more of an ass than some anonymous poster on a message board who types that he hopes the dude breaks something? I'd say yes. HOWEVER, the one thing that I've always respected most about the dude is his work with kids. I've seen presentations where he was involved with sick kids and believe that his gestures toward them are completely genuine. He was raised by a special ed teacher. One of his best buds for years was a mentally challenged man that he became friends with while a kid himself. It doesn't surprise me that his coach let him off to go do this as no one thought he'd play this week anyway. I think Brett Favre has turned into a complete prima donna dick, but I do think this move was genuine and honestly motivated. He has a true talent with these kids that most do not and I believe this is what he should be doing post football.

It's a stretch to say that Favre knew that something he said to Peppers on the field would end up in a story by Michael Wilbon. If Favre wanted to get a certain message out through ESPN, he could have done that himself. I agree that Favre has often manipulated the press to get his message out. I don't think this was one of those times.

Bossman641
12-22-2010, 09:56 PM
It's a stretch to say that Favre knew that something he said to Peppers on the field would end up in a story by Michael Wilbon. If Favre wanted to get a certain message out through ESPN, he could have done that himself. I agree that Favre has often manipulated the press to get his message out. I don't think this was one of those times.

Whether he wanted it to get out or not, he should have known it would come out. He's been around long enough.

Just shows you where his head is that that's what he's thinking about.

packerbacker1234
12-23-2010, 02:21 AM
Whether he wanted it to get out or not, he should have known it would come out. He's been around long enough.

Just shows you where his head is that that's what he's thinking about.

And how many of his other post game comments to players on the other team have ever gotten out? How many times does Rodgers, Mannings, Brady's? I am sure they all talk a little trash at tiems and ask for them to go beat whoever. The reason this got out was because Peppers brought it to light. We rarely hear about these comments otherwise. To expect it to make headlines is a bit of a reach here.

Patler
12-23-2010, 04:53 AM
To me, the surprising thing about Favre's comment to Peppers is that the subject was at the forefront of his mind at that moment. Here he was at the end of perhaps his last game against a perennial rival, talking to a current league star on a team that just clinched the division title. Depending on his injuries, it might have been the end of his last NFL game ever. The Bears gain no great benefit from beating the Packers, so Favre didn't say it as an encouragement for the Bears to go on and accomplish something. There is no advantage gained by the Vikings if the Bears beat the Packers, so concern for his present team had nothing to do with it.

Nope, at that moment, which could have been an emotional one for a lot of reasons, at the forefront of his mind was his grudge against the Packers. After three years and all that has happened since, his vendetta against TT/McCarthy/Murphy is still at the forefront of his thinking. Kind of amazing, really.

The problem about him saying and doing negative things like that toward the Packers is that it is a slap in the face to some former longtime teammates still in GB for whom he should still care and want to see succeed. It is also a slap in the face to the many, many fans who idolized him while he was a Packer. Many of those fans have cheered for his success as a Jet and as a Viking, while still wanting the Packers to succeed as well. Neither the Packer players nor the Packer fans did anything to cause the situation between him and the Packers, yet Favre's hurt feelings cause him to take it out on them as well. For his own good, he should exercise more discretion, especially three seasons after the fact. With each new incident, he loses fan support and his image tarnishes just a bit more. For his own happiness, it is time to move on.

It's time for him to act like an adult in accordance with what he has always said he knows to be true, that football is a business and that teams are run like a business. He continues to make it personal. He needs to stop for a lot of reasons.

MJZiggy
12-23-2010, 06:28 AM
To me, the surprising thing about Favre's comment to Peppers is that the subject was at the forefront of his mind at that moment. Here he was at the end of perhaps his last game against a perennial rival, talking to a current league star on a team that just clinched the division title. Depending on his injuries, it might have been the end of his last NFL game ever. The Bears gain no great benefit from beating the Packers, so Favre didn't say it as an encouragement for the Bears to go on and accomplish something. There is no advantage gained by the Vikings if the Bears beat the Packers, so concern for his present team had nothing to do with it.

Nope, at that moment, which could have been an emotional one for a lot of reasons, at the forefront of his mind was his grudge against the Packers. After three years and all that has happened since, his vendetta against TT/McCarthy/Murphy is still at the forefront of his thinking. Kind of amazing, really.

The problem about him saying and doing negative things like that toward the Packers is that it is a slap in the face to some former longtime teammates still in GB for whom he should still care and want to see succeed. It is also a slap in the face to the many, many fans who idolized him while he was a Packer. Many of those fans have cheered for his success as a Jet and as a Viking, while still wanting the Packers to succeed as well. Neither the Packer players nor the Packer fans did anything to cause the situation between him and the Packers, yet Favre's hurt feelings cause him to take it out on them as well. For his own good, he should exercise more discretion, especially three seasons after the fact. With each new incident, he loses fan support and his image tarnishes just a bit more. For his own happiness, it is time to move on.

It's time for him to act like an adult in accordance with what he has always said he knows to be true, that football is a business and that teams are run like a business. He continues to make it personal. He needs to stop for a lot of reasons.:bclap:

mraynrand
12-23-2010, 11:39 AM
The problem about him saying and doing negative things like that toward the Packers is that it is a slap in the face to some former longtime teammates still in GB for whom he should still care and want to see succeed.

http://i453.photobucket.com/albums/qq254/mraynrand/cryingdriver.jpg

HowardRoark
12-23-2010, 11:51 AM

It's time for him to act like an adult in accordance with what he has always said he knows to be true, that football is a business and that teams are run like a business. He continues to make it personal. He needs to stop for a lot of reasons.

He's like a kid out there.

HowardRoark
12-23-2010, 11:53 AM
http://www.gonemovies.com/www/Raketnet/Drama/AnnieTennis.jpg

Freak Out
12-23-2010, 12:16 PM
Has Favre commented on this story?

retailguy
12-23-2010, 12:26 PM
The problem about him saying and doing negative things like that toward the Packers is that it is a slap in the face to some former longtime teammates still in GB for whom he should still care and want to see succeed. It is also a slap in the face to the many, many fans who idolized him while he was a Packer. Many of those fans have cheered for his success as a Jet and as a Viking, while still wanting the Packers to succeed as well. Neither the Packer players nor the Packer fans did anything to cause the situation between him and the Packers, yet Favre's hurt feelings cause him to take it out on them as well. For his own good, he should exercise more discretion, especially three seasons after the fact. With each new incident, he loses fan support and his image tarnishes just a bit more.

I have a close friend who has maintained that she and her family will be making the trek to Canton when Favre gets inducted. Through all the grief she has wavered sometimes, but always returns to the fact that she'll make this trip.

Ironically, during an exchange of holiday greetings yesterday morning, we talked about Canton, and she was on the fence once again, however, at the end of the call she was again going. Later yesterday, she read this story regarding Peppers, and I got a voicemail on my cell yesterday evening. All it said was this "Not just NO - HELL NO".

Me thinks she's finally done this time, and that's a very sad thing indeed, but completely understandable.

Tony Oday
12-29-2010, 09:18 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2010/12/29/report-favre-fined-sterger-incident/

Fined

Pugger
12-29-2010, 12:13 PM

Yes indeed. It appears Mr. Favre is the one who still has issues here.

HowardRoark
12-29-2010, 12:21 PM
It appears Mr. Favre is the one who still has issues here.

Understatement of 2010.

LEWCWA
12-29-2010, 03:07 PM
actually he's giving a wish that Chicage beats Green Bay. Surprise ...water is wet.
People wishing injury are worse

I take his wish totally different. These are the types of things you say to your opponents. Had they just finished playing GB and he was talking to DD. He probably says go beat the Bears. It doesn't mean shit. At the time it looked like the Bear/Packer game was going to mean something.

denverYooper
12-29-2010, 03:55 PM
I take his wish totally different. These are the types of things you say to your opponents. Had they just finished playing GB and he was talking to DD. He probably says go beat the Bears. It doesn't mean shit. At the time it looked like the Bear/Packer game was going to mean something.

It looked like it was going to mean the Packers wouldn't be in the playoffs, Brett's only consolation this year. Chicago sewed up the division with that game.

But so what if he said it with all of the spite in the world? It's not like he phoned up Lovie Smith to talk about Green Bay's offense or anything.

packrulz
12-29-2010, 04:28 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2010/12/29/report-favre-fined-sterger-incident/

Fined
50 grand? He can find that in his pocket lint!

Bretsky
12-29-2010, 04:29 PM
WFC

vince
12-29-2010, 04:43 PM
Masterful job by Goodell minimizing the impact of this pr fiasco and covering the legal ass of the NFL at the same time - all while being completely full of shit and all about the money.

digitaldean
12-29-2010, 06:46 PM
Nice CYA maneuver by Goodell.

Sterger could file a lawsuit vs. Favre, Jets and NFL, but I'm not sure that'll happen.

Overall this has been a poor year at NFL HQ. This mess, the handcuffing of defenses on what a legit hit is or the poor officiating gives Goodell a failing grade this year. (that's not including the lack of a finalized CBA)

Joemailman
12-29-2010, 08:32 PM
Nice CYA maneuver by Goodell.

Sterger could file a lawsuit vs. Favre, Jets and NFL, but I'm not sure that'll happen.

Overall this has been a poor year at NFL HQ. This mess, the handcuffing of defenses on what a legit hit is or the poor officiating gives Goodell a failing grade this year. (that's not including the lack of a finalized CBA)

Not to mention delaying the Eagles/Vikings game for 2 days because of a moderate snowstorm.

vince
12-31-2010, 07:29 AM
http://images.ucomics.com/comics/tas/2010/tas101229.gif
Add money, money, money, money, money, and grown men everywhere schlurping at his feet to door #2. Brett Favre sure is going to miss the good ol' days.

Fritz
12-31-2010, 09:40 AM

That's not all he'll find in his pocket!

MJZiggy
12-31-2010, 03:29 PM
That's not all he'll find in his pocket!
Yeah, but the $50 grand will be easier to find...:mrgreen:

Tony Oday
01-02-2011, 09:18 AM
Well this is his last game. A Broken Down losing QB in Detroit...

bobblehead
01-02-2011, 09:21 AM
It's not like he phoned up Lovie Smith to talk about Green Bay's offense or anything.

Only because he is forgetting it in his old age.

Packers4Glory
01-02-2011, 09:35 AM
I'm pretty sure that if Sterger had a leg to stand on there would have been a law suit long ago. I'm still confident in believing there was a 2 way street of communication. All of which led to certain photos being in her possession. I also believe Favre prob received some "photos".

In the end. I have a hard time figuring out how I feel about everything.

I understand why a player would struggle w/ retiring and the desire and ability to still play. I just think he put the Packers in a bad spot and eventually they had to something. I don't begrudge him for wanting to come back or even moving on. However I do not agree w/ him having this vendetta against the Packers because he was just as equally to blame in my eyes for him no longer being the QB here. All he had to do was make a more timely decision. The whole divorce was a mess w/ both parties at fault.

I just can't bring myself to hate the guy. I still love him because he "laid" it all out there for this team and gave me some incredible memories. Many of which w/ my Dad that I'll cherish forever.

He the best Packer ever. end of story. I really hope he can retire a Packer and both sides can put this behind them. Brett needs to come home to GB.

His personal life has always been on display and he has flaws. As a fan I do not at all like the cheating on his wife or any of that conduct. Yeah he loves the spotlight and attention but almost every star in any sport does to some degree. He is not worse than Brady or Manning or Woods or any body. The media chooses to make a huge deal out of his "decision".

I think he is generally a very good guy, prob very down to earth kind of guy if you hung out w/ him for any length in MS, cares for kids, and is prob more charitable than we will ever know.

Sure there is a lot of things that left a bad taste in my mouth but I hope the guy returns and becomes part of this organization again.

get louder at lambeau
01-02-2011, 11:27 AM
John Elway just got what Brent Faver always wanted. He gets to boss around the GM.

Hall of Fame quarterback John Elway reached an agreement with the Broncos to join their front office, a league source confirmed Sunday. Elway won two Super Bowl championships with the Broncos, the only team from which he played.

According to The Denver Post, the Broncos likely will hold a mid-week news conference to formally announce Elway's appointment as vice president of football operations -- a title once held by former coach Mike Shanahan...

Broncos general manager Brian Xanders will report to Elway, according to The Post. Elway also will have a say in the team's next head-coaching hire after Josh McDaniels was fired during the season.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81d6003d/article/broncos-bringing-back-elway-in-frontoffice-position?module=HP_headlines2col

pbmax
01-02-2011, 11:34 AM
I'm pretty sure that if Sterger had a leg to stand on there would have been a law suit long ago. I'm still confident in believing there was a 2 way street of communication. All of which led to certain photos being in her possession. I also believe Favre prob received some "photos".

If this supposition was true, then Brett would have shared his records, as he would have been off the hook completely. Since the investigation was ONLY about professional conduct in the workplace (and with coworkers/employees) and not about private matters or morality, presenting such evidence would have exonerated him completely. To believe he did not present such evidence and acted against his own best interests, you would need to have an explanation or motive that would have prevented him from protecting himself. No one seems to have come up with one so far that involves Sterger having acted inappropriately.

In fact, he was fined for not cooperating and not being candid (lawyer-speak for lying). Likely, he refused to provide ANY cell phone records (or the phone itself) that would have matched up the images to a phone he owned. That would have caught him dead to rights in a lie. The league is not the government and has no subpoena power, so they could not force the issue and Favre could certainly refused an examination to see if the "carpet matched the drapes", so to speak.

There is also the small matter of the league reporting that Sterger did not behave inappropriately. Favre is not the country bumpkin he likes to pretend to be at times with the media. But in this case, he was dumb.

HowardRoark
01-02-2011, 02:55 PM
It's all about the "guys" as he runs out a different tunnel than the team to the waiting Phenom 300.

Fritz
01-03-2011, 01:37 PM
Well, I believe it's all over now. I don't see Brent coming back any more. He's toast. I think this past year really showed him that his days are done.

The remarks he made were so typical of him. He talked a few times about what other people might say....but that he wasn't worried about what other people might say. And he thanked the Packers! Is he trying to mend some fences already?

Scott Campbell
01-03-2011, 04:31 PM
I just can't bring myself to hate the guy. I still love him because he "laid" it all out there for this team and gave me some incredible memories. Many of which w/ my Dad that I'll cherish forever.

He the best Packer ever. end of story. I really hope he can retire a Packer and both sides can put this behind them. Brett needs to come home to GB.

Sorry, but Bert can't hold Bart's jock - as a person or a player.

pbmax
01-03-2011, 04:39 PM
Sorry, but Bert can't hold Bart's jock - as a person or a player.

How do you know some little 70 year old floozy doesn't have a daguerreotype of Bart in his Union Suit?

Scott Campbell
01-03-2011, 05:37 PM
Interesting timing of this lawsuit. It looks like Bert the creepy pervert will continue to be a story for at least a while.

Kiwon
01-03-2011, 06:03 PM
So how much do Farve and the Jets have to pay to make this lawsuit go away?

Remember, the worker for the Knicks got a $11.6 million judgement from Isiah Thomas and the Knicks during her sexual harassment trial.

I would not be surprised if they are other women coming forward in the next few days. Apparently #4 was a gunslinger off the field as well.

Noodle
01-03-2011, 06:23 PM
For all the crap I've given Favre, I'll say this: He was pretty gracious in his post-game presser (a.k.a. monologue) in his appreciation of Green Bay fans and what they meant to him. Seriously. I thought that was well done.

Scott Campbell
01-03-2011, 06:36 PM
For all the crap I've given Favre, I'll say this: He was pretty gracious in his post-game presser (a.k.a. monologue) in his appreciation of Green Bay fans and what they meant to him. Seriously. I thought that was well done.

Well done, if we are to assume that it was sincere.

Fritz
01-03-2011, 07:12 PM

I thought it was classic Brent.

And no, Bart Starr was a better QB than Brent.

Noodle
01-03-2011, 09:42 PM
Well done, if we are to assume that it was sincere.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that.

gex
01-03-2011, 10:08 PM

In the end. I have a hard time figuring out how I feel about everything.

I understand why a player would struggle w/ retiring and the desire and ability to still play. I just think he put the Packers in a bad spot and eventually they had to something. I don't begrudge him for wanting to come back or even moving on. However I do not agree w/ him having this vendetta against the Packers because he was just as equally to blame in my eyes for him no longer being the QB here. All he had to do was make a more timely decision. The whole divorce was a mess w/ both parties at fault.

His personal life has always been on display and he has flaws. As a fan I do not at all like the cheating on his wife or any of that conduct. Yeah he loves the spotlight and attention but almost every star in any sport does to some degree. He is not worse than Brady or Manning or Woods or any body. The media chooses to make a huge deal out of his "decision".

I think he is generally a very good guy, prob very down to earth kind of guy if you hung out w/ him for any length in MS, cares for kids, and is prob more charitable than we will ever know.

Sure there is a lot of things that left a bad taste in my mouth but I hope the guy returns and becomes part of this organization again.

I'll 2nd that notion.
And Brett Favre had more pure talent in his pinky(not the one in his pants lol) than Bart Starr could ever wish to have...and if you asked Starr he would agree.

Scott Campbell
01-03-2011, 10:28 PM
Guess which one of them was the underachiever? (hint: It's not the guy with 5 World Championships)

Noodle
01-03-2011, 10:31 PM
And Brett Favre had more pure talent in his pinky(not the one in his pants lol) than Bart Starr could ever wish to have...and if you asked Starr he would agree.

What do you mean by "pure talent"? Yes, Favre could throw harder than Starr, but I'd call them about even on accuracy, and you have to agree that Starr had far more talent running an offense and making decisions than Favre. Starr's passer rating index is actually a little higher than Favre's, according to pro-football-reference.com.

Of course Starr would say that Favre is better. What do you expect from an old Southern gent. I suspect Favre would reciprocate (but wouldn't really mean it).

woodbuck27
01-04-2011, 09:59 AM

I do believe he was sincere. As always he handles these press releases with composure but Favre has himself in such an ugly mess. This really bugs me being a long time supporter of his:

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/b7R1G

Damn what the 'H' was he thinking, the way privacy issues are so easily exposed today. This whole Favre 'scandal stuff', has me very disappointed in his compulsions. He's not been smart. He's let down too many of his dedicated fans. The result will be, IMO, a no go to a first ballot HOF acceptance.

I never thought I could be so disappointed in a man I fully admired.

He's not any Henry 'Hank' Aaron, or 'The Big M' Frank Mahovlich, or a Guy Lafleur. He's gone fr. the top of my list of Hero's to the bottom, and it sucks to me me. That 'in terms related to his off the field conduct', and my difficulty coming to terms with that destructive and embarassing behaviour.

Maybe, this statement will surprize some here on PackerRats, but 'it is what it is'. A rotten situation for his wife and family, close family members, and friends to have to suck up... deal with. For his fans to come to terms with. Especially those as open minded and fair as I am.

He screwed up. Big time ... as it all seems to me now. My final verdict on this side of Favre is in. On 'the record.

woodbuck27

woodbuck27
01-04-2011, 10:40 AM
http://images.ucomics.com/comics/tas/2010/tas101229.gif
Add money, money, money, money, money, and grown men everywhere schlurping at his feet to door #2. Brett Favre sure is going to miss the good ol' days.

ZAP !

woodbuck27
01-04-2011, 10:53 AM
Interesting timing of this lawsuit. It looks like Bert the creepy pervert will continue to be a story for at least a while.

What really bugs me is that Favre's behaviour has fallen dramatically into the judgement of men that should know better than to 'judge' others. If there is a man living that can feel in his heart the need to judge another and ignore his own mistakes in life and do so with moral conviction.

I believe that man will be 'judged'.

Life is filled with pitfalls that we all face and pass by easily or fall into; without due course and necessary contemplation of long term results. To be human and fair means to me that it's necessary to look at ourselves...our life, as a prerequisite to judging others.

If we go there we can act more fairly and better serve ourselves. Gain respect.

Favre has acted unscroupulously. That seems clear. He has to live with that failure daily. That's all his. Not ours to condemn in our humble humanness.

Fritz
01-04-2011, 01:49 PM
I'll 2nd that notion.

He may have had a better throwing arm, and maybe in his earlier days he was more nimble than Starr in the pocket. So sure, he might have had more physical talent. I had hopes, early in Favre's career, that he'd become smarter and cut down on the stoopid interceptions...but he never did. So yeah, he had more talent, but Starr was a better quarterback. Period.

Patler
01-04-2011, 02:14 PM
He may have had a better throwing arm, and maybe in his earlier days he was more nimble than Starr in the pocket. So sure, he might have had more physical talent. I had hopes, early in Favre's career, that he'd become smarter and cut down on the stoopid interceptions...but he never did. So yeah, he had more talent, but Starr was a better quarterback. Period.

That has been my position for years. There are many, many supremely gifted athletes in every sport who do not get the most out of their talents, for whatever reasons. I, too, waited and waited for Favre to develop the "QB wisdom" that Starr had. He never did. For most of 2009 it looked like he finally "got it", only to relapse at the worst possible moment. I never had the confidence in Favre that I had when watching Starr in critical games.

The more physically talented player is not always the better player.

Packgator
01-05-2011, 12:06 PM
Kurt Warner's take on the Favre saga of the past few years.......

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Warner-on-Favre-He-definitely-hurt-his-legacy-?urn=nfl-303400

Patler
01-05-2011, 12:18 PM
Andrew Brandt had interesting comments on Favre:

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Andrews-answers-Tuesdays-mailbag-4436.html

He mentions Favres "disdain" for Packer management, but suspects he misses the "cocoon of support and kid-glove treatment" he got from the WI media. He then states:

As I have said before, Brett was not as great a person as he was made out to be in his prime with the Packers; and he is not as bad a person as he has been made out to be recently.

He opines that Favre may like a Roger Clemens type role, signing in mid-season to rescue a team.

mraynrand
01-05-2011, 12:39 PM
Nobody looks back on Willie Mays' career and remembers him falling around the outfield with the Mets, and Michael Jordan's final years on the Washington Wizards and his messy divorce from his wife were forgotten almost the instant after they happened. It's rare that an athlete's post-career antics change his legacy.

Mraynrand: Jordan got divorced?

Scott Campbell
01-05-2011, 01:23 PM
What really bugs me is that Favre's behaviour has fallen dramatically into the judgement of men that should know better than to 'judge' others. If there is a man living that can feel in his heart the need to judge another and ignore his own mistakes in life and do so with moral conviction.

I believe that man will be 'judged'.

Life is filled with pitfalls that we all face and pass by easily or fall into; without due course and necessary contemplation of long term results. To be human and fair means to me that it's necessary to look at ourselves...our life, as a prerequisite to judging others.

If we go there we can act more fairly and better serve ourselves. Gain respect.

Favre has acted unscroupulously. That seems clear. He has to live with that failure daily. That's all his. Not ours to condemn in our humble humanness.

It's also not ours to excuse, or minimize. However it is very handy for those of us who tried to tell you what a bum he was.

Anywho, so how is that whole Randy Moss trade thingy working out for you?

Scott Campbell
01-05-2011, 01:29 PM
I do believe he was sincere. As always he handles these press releases with composure but Favre has himself in such an ugly mess. This really bugs me being a long time supporter of his:

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/b7R1G

Damn what the 'H' was he thinking, the way privacy issues are so easily exposed today. This whole Favre 'scandal stuff', has me very disappointed in his compulsions. He's not been smart. He's let down too many of his dedicated fans. The result will be, IMO, a no go to a first ballot HOF acceptance.

I never thought I could be so disappointed in a man I fully admired.

He's not any Henry 'Hank' Aaron, or 'The Big M' Frank Mahovlich, or a Guy Lafleur. He's gone fr. the top of my list of Hero's to the bottom, and it sucks to me me. That 'in terms related to his off the field conduct', and my difficulty coming to terms with that destructive and embarassing behaviour.

Maybe, this statement will surprize some here on PackerRats, but 'it is what it is'. A rotten situation for his wife and family, close family members, and friends to have to suck up... deal with. For his fans to come to terms with. Especially those as open minded and fair as I am.

He screwed up. Big time ... as it all seems to me now. My final verdict on this side of Favre is in. On 'the record.

woodbuck27

Never in my wildest imagination did I think I would read this. Well said Woody. You're wrong once in a while, just like the rest of us.

Fritz
01-05-2011, 01:40 PM
"Nobody looks back on Willie Mays' career and remembers him falling around the outfield with the Mets."

I was a kid - a baseball fanatic - during those years, and it was painful for me to read about Willie's last season. So yeah, some of us remember.

Scott Campbell
01-05-2011, 01:58 PM
"Nobody looks back on Willie Mays' career and remembers him falling around the outfield with the Mets."

I was a kid - a baseball fanatic - during those years, and it was painful for me to read about Willie's last season. So yeah, some of us remember.

And I think as great as Jordan was, everybody remembers the gambling and his baseball follies. It's all part of your legacy. Bart Starr impacted his legacy with his coaching difficulties. And now John Elway is putting his stellar legacy back on the line.

pbmax
01-05-2011, 02:03 PM

Wow, Fritz. I thought the Willie's last, painful years was mostly a writer's trope so they could beg players to retire from a position of authority. I didn't think anyone truly got stuck on those last impressions. Was it seeing him play that stuck with you or was it reading about it afterward that affected you most?

pbmax
01-05-2011, 02:19 PM
Brandt might be right that the media in WI were more restrained, but he wasn't married for his wildest years with the Packers, so that changes the dynamic. And Favre was eventually done in not be the media in NY, he was done in by his choice of target. Few women in WI would have had boyfriends willing to turn those pictures in to get their QB into trouble. But Sterger's boyfriend was just looking for a payday.

Fritz
01-05-2011, 02:41 PM
Wow, Fritz. I thought the Willie's last, painful years was mostly a writer's trope so they could beg players to retire from a position of authority. I didn't think anyone truly got stuck on those last impressions. Was it seeing him play that stuck with you or was it reading about it afterward that affected you most?

I read the papers voraciously as a kid and I recall the writers commenting fairly often. There wasn't as much video (film) in those days, but I do recall seeing, maybe once or twice, film of Willie flubbing around in the outfield, unable to chase down what seemed fairly simple fly balls.

woodbuck27
01-05-2011, 04:35 PM
I don't mind where you post em, though I may not agree with them.

Uhh ! (-:

woodbuck27
01-05-2011, 04:45 PM
It's also not ours to excuse, or minimize. However it is very handy for those of us who tried to tell you what a bum he was.

Anywho, so how is that whole Randy Moss trade thingy working out for you?

At least I'm man enough to come forward with my TRUTH when all the chips are on the line Scott.

As far as that Randy Moss trade thingy and that working out.

Randy Moss didn't get a real shot to prove his value in Minny. Childress took him out and that was instrumentle in the fans and Minny owner 'Z W', taking Brad Childress out.

Wern't you following it all?

HarveyWallbangers
01-05-2011, 04:45 PM
Did this get posted?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itz-IrptWNU

MJZiggy
01-05-2011, 05:21 PM
Did this get posted?

I'd say that's funny, but it's so SO not.

Bretsky
01-05-2011, 05:33 PM
Never in my wildest imagination did I think I would read this. Well said Woody. You're wrong once in a while, just like the rest of us.

AHH; WHO said I was ever wrong ?

Bring Back Odell Thurman !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

woodbuck27
01-05-2011, 06:03 PM

Scott I'm often wrong.

Here's an example:

Standings 2010 NFL Pro Pick'em

Rank ... Pick Set Name............ Total Pts.... W-L

1 Honky Tonk Badonkadonk ..... 1469..... 171-85 OUR '2010' CHampion ... ' esoxx ' ... an outstanding result !

2 OffintheShower..................... 1419..... 162-94
3 retailguy............................... 1413..... 165-91 2009 Champion
4 woodbuck27......................... 1396..... 161-95 2006 Champion
5 Fosco33................................ 1389..... 165-91
6 ThunderDan.......................... 1383..... 158-98
7 KYpack................................. 1376..... 155-101 2008 Champion
8 Bossman641.......................... 1368..... 154-102
9 Brando19.............................. 1348..... 156-100
10 Salmon Cruncher.................. 1304..... 154-102

Question: Anyone recall who OUR Pro Pick'em Champion was in 2007? Thanks.

Scott Campbell
01-05-2011, 06:12 PM
At least I'm man enough to come forward with my TRUTH when all the chips are on the line Scott.

As far as that Randy Moss trade thingy and that working out.

Randy Moss didn't get a real shot to prove his value in Minny. Childress took him out and that was instrumentle in the fans and Minny owner 'Z W', taking Brad Childress out.

Wern't you following it all?

I was laughing so hard that I may have missed a good portion of it.

Fritz
01-05-2011, 07:09 PM
That video Har posted...I'd forgotten - no, repressed - how horrible, horrible, horrible that Iggles game interception was. There was NOBODY around but Eagles - Brent just heaved it up in the air.

mraynrand
01-05-2011, 09:01 PM
Did this get posted?

At least it had a happy ending!

pbmax
01-05-2011, 10:15 PM
That's just cruel Harv.

Cruel.

HarveyWallbangers
01-05-2011, 11:07 PM
Tyrone Braxton got him in the Super Bowl. Good NFL player. Kid from Milwaukee, I believe, that went to North Dakota State.

HarveyWallbangers
01-05-2011, 11:09 PM
Sad thing about the Philly throw is that the Eagles DBs were playing 10-15 yards off Walker. They blitzed like crazy and left the slant open. If we had thrown a slant on that play, it would have been a huge gain.

EDIT: it actually might have been a slant. Or at least Walker might have read it. He looked like he started running the slant until he looked back to see Brett throw it up for grabs.

hoosier
01-06-2011, 08:20 AM
Tyrone Braxton got him in the Super Bowl. Good NFL player. Kid from Milwaukee, I believe, that went to North Dakota State.

Madison.

bobblehead
01-06-2011, 10:34 AM
That video Har posted...I'd forgotten - no, repressed - how horrible, horrible, horrible that Iggles game interception was. There was NOBODY around but Eagles - Brent just heaved it up in the air.

What about the 6 against the Rams. You know, the game where he threw Bill Schroeder under the bus and blamed him for the picks. The game that had its first score a pick 6 by brett. Like 5 of those were UGLY picks. We may have been a contender that year if not for that ugly display.

Iron Mike
01-06-2011, 05:56 PM
http://cdn.ksk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/bf-600x450.jpg

Pugger
01-06-2011, 07:37 PM
What is truly amazing about this situation with Sterger and the massueses is he should have known better! Did he think nobody would have found out?? I find his behavior revolting. A married Grandfather should not be chasing young women not much older than his daughter. If I were Deanna I'd take him to the cleaners.

gbgary
01-06-2011, 07:51 PM
At least it had a happy ending!

lol

gex
01-08-2011, 08:53 PM
Sweet
http://cdn.ksk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/bf-600x450.jpg

HowardRoark
01-12-2011, 03:47 PM
Majik Man/Wally Pipp Video

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-presents/09000d5d81cd5030/The-NFL-s-Wally-Pipp

Joemailman
01-12-2011, 04:56 PM
Favre's sister arrested in Meth lab bust. http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2011/01/brett-favres-younger-sister-arrested-in-miss-meth-bust/1

Scott Campbell
01-12-2011, 05:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7LL0vqC-QQ

sheepshead
01-12-2011, 05:16 PM
Had this cut already so Ithought i'd paste it. Hee Hawww

Trouble has been following the Favre family.

Brett Favre’s younger sister, Brandi Favre, was arrested in Mississippi during a routine meth lab bust on Wednesday.

TMZ reports that she was taken into police custody after narcotic agents discovered her at a meth lab hidden inside a condo unit.

Law enforcement agents brought Brandi, along with four additional suspects, to a local hospital for decontamination before placing them in jail.

Brandi, one of the NFL star’s four siblings, has been arrested in the past for shoplifting and unlawful use of a weapon.

Scott Campbell
01-12-2011, 05:24 PM
http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/hs429.ash2/70847_1823121968_1350998_n.jpg

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1823121968

Facebook page - hobbies and interests - Minnesota Vikings

vince
01-12-2011, 05:25 PM
This is part of the celebrity equation that is unfair. Favre has done quite enough on his own to define his reputation, but his sister's actions aren't a reflection of him. A lot of people have siblings who make bad choices. It doesn't mean their whole family is that way. Same thing with Ed Reed. I don't know the whole story about his brother, but Ed Reed has worked very hard to achieve personal success. The fact taht his brother may have been a loser doesn't impact that in any way.

sheepshead
01-12-2011, 05:27 PM
No, unfortunately, its still news worthy.

Scott Campbell
01-12-2011, 05:32 PM
This is part of the celebrity equation that is unfair. Favre has done quite enough on his own to define his reputation, but his sister's actions aren't a reflection of him. A lot of people have siblings who make bad choices. It doesn't mean their whole family is that way. Same thing with Ed Reed. I don't know the whole story about his brother, but Ed Reed has worked very hard to achieve personal success. The fact taht his brother may have been a loser doesn't impact that in any way.

Your right. It's a shame that Bert's reputation stained hers.

sheepshead
01-12-2011, 05:43 PM
from PFT I thought was pretty funny:

"Sad times at the Methrodome…"

Scott Campbell
01-12-2011, 05:45 PM
from PFT I thought was pretty funny:

"Sad times at the Methrodome…"

HAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome.

Bretsky
01-12-2011, 06:28 PM
My dog is sick

mraynrand
01-12-2011, 07:43 PM
My dog is sick

Sorry to hear that. I usually eat some grass to feel better.

Scott Campbell
01-12-2011, 07:52 PM
My dog is sick

Let the poor thing outside when your cooking your meth.

Scott Campbell
01-12-2011, 07:54 PM
http://www.futuregringo.com/2009April/BreakingBad.jpg

Iron Mike
01-12-2011, 08:18 PM
http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/hs1323.snc4/161427_1287270060_7228759_n.jpg

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1823121968#!/profile.php?id=1287270060

Look who's out drinkin' beers....

MJZiggy
01-12-2011, 08:22 PM
http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/hs1323.snc4/161427_1287270060_7228759_n.jpg

Look who's out drinkin' beers....Dude kinda looks like daddy back in the day.

mraynrand
01-12-2011, 08:28 PM
Not Beer! Not Beer! Oh, No! Oh, the HUMANITY!!!!

Freak Out
01-12-2011, 08:49 PM
Man on man....she has that look and that look is trouble.

Scott Campbell
01-12-2011, 09:02 PM
Not Beer! Not Beer! Oh, No! Oh, the HUMANITY!!!!

Would you shoot teens stealing beer?

pbmax
01-12-2011, 09:49 PM

Look who's out drinkin' beers....

Dude kinda looks like daddy back in the day.

He looks more like the red haired step-child of John Matuszak.

mraynrand
01-12-2011, 10:42 PM
Would you shoot teens stealing beer?

Only in the back as they flee from a neighbor's garage. And only if Sarah Palin's hostile rhetoric induces me to do it. I shoot to thrill.

GrnBay007
01-12-2011, 11:28 PM
A new time low. Diss the family.

swede
01-12-2011, 11:41 PM
If your sister is arrested in a meth lab I will promise not to diss you or your sister,

But your sister isn't going to get arrested in a meth lab because she doesn't have a distorted moral compass.

GrnBay007
01-13-2011, 12:14 AM
Neither my sister or I live in a glass house. Interestingly enough neither of us believe in throwing stones.

Noodle
01-13-2011, 01:15 AM
As a Favre critic, mainly because he threw his receivers in to horribly dangerous situations, even I have to say that his sister's problems should be left alone.

There's so much other stuff to talk about regarding Favre, I'd really prefer to leave out the family.

Though I will add, OO7, if you do move in to a glass house, make sure you get lots of curtains and blinds. Otherwise, you'll have Bretsky and his posse camped out across the street.

Bretsky
01-13-2011, 07:02 AM
Blinds will not hold the posse of Bretsky away :)

Cheesehead Craig
01-13-2011, 08:28 AM
Why would people throw stones inside a house anyways regardless if it's made of glass or not? If I did that growing up, my dad would have cut me in 2 with a bread knife.