PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

Pugger
01-01-2009, 09:18 AM
The 'hate' you might think some folks feel is more disappointment and frustration at Brett for retiring in the first place! That's how I feel about it all. I didn't like the fact he went on TV and basically blasted the organization because the Packers went in another direction (I remember Brett said he knew this might happen if he retired). He didn't want to come back and compete for his old job (I remember his haughty response to that question on Fox!). Then he asked for his unconditional release and hinted about playing for the queens. :P I'm glad TT didn't do that. Can you imagin the consternation around here if he did? Just ask Jets fans how they feel about Pennington coming home to roost last weekend!

cpk1994
01-01-2009, 09:24 AM
I find something disturbing....as well as funny. Two months ago the people that were posting about Favre were criticized and ridiculed. Even when the Favre thread was created, there were those that were critical of that. Just wondering why, after Favre under performed at the end of the season it's all OK for everyone to post Favre info and to an extent ridicule him? 6-7 pages since the last game. You all wonder why people referred to you as "Favre haters"? Well, seems you never wanted to discuss him during this season until he was not doing well. SAD!

I wish Favre had stayed retired. But when he proclaimed he still wanted to play there was NO WAY I was not going to support him. I supported him as a Jet.

I guess I'm just sad that people are so eager to dog on him, hate him after everything he did for the Packer organization. Least you can do is show some respect. I have a feeling some of you have no idea what that means.Good god, why should I show him respect when he shit all over the organization like he did? He lost all respect with that crap. I don't care how many years he played here. You shit on the Packers, the TEAM I support, you get no respect from me.

Bretsky
01-01-2009, 10:05 AM
I find something disturbing....as well as funny. Two months ago the people that were posting about Favre were criticized and ridiculed. Even when the Favre thread was created, there were those that were critical of that. Just wondering why, after Favre under performed at the end of the season it's all OK for everyone to post Favre info and to an extent ridicule him? 6-7 pages since the last game. You all wonder why people referred to you as "Favre haters"? Well, seems you never wanted to discuss him during this season until he was not doing well. SAD!

I wish Favre had stayed retired. But when he proclaimed he still wanted to play there was NO WAY I was not going to support him. I supported him as a Jet.

I guess I'm just sad that people are so eager to dog on him, hate him after everything he did for the Packer organization. Least you can do is show some respect. I have a feeling some of you have no idea what that means.Good god, why should I show him respect when he shit all over the organization like he did? He lost all respect with that crap. I don't care how many years he played here. You shit on the Packers, the TEAM I support, you get no respect from me.

No offense, but you are hands down the biggest hater I've ever witnessed .
To a greater extreme, IMO, than Paco is on the other side.

I agree with much of what 007 said. When he was doing well it was suppose to all be in one thread but now that he's tanked posters will enjoy dogging on him in here and in other threads.

Harlan Huckleby
01-01-2009, 10:20 AM
Bretsky, you must have missed events of last summer, so I will give you a summary:

Favre demanded a return to the team, the Packers rejected him.
Favre responded with a public relations campaign against the Packers in an ill-advised strategy to get his way.

The fact that some PAcker fans are now sour on Brett the Jet is not a character flaw on their part.

Lurker64
01-01-2009, 10:23 AM
Thomas Jones blasts Favre (http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/2008/12/31/2008-12-31_thomas_jones_blasts_brett_favre_for_inte.html). So I guess now we have non-anonymous Jets who are dissatisfied with their QB. Then again, Jones was a Bear so he might have an axe to grind.

Still, if stories like this keep coming out indicating a widespread sense in the Jets locker room, do you suppose Favre might demand to be released if he wants to play football in 2009?

packinpatland
01-01-2009, 10:45 AM
I already posted this on the other 'Favre hurt' thread.......

The 'raising' of Brett Favre is much like the raising of a child. Show me a kid who has been given everything, lacks for nothing, is the center of attention at every family function, has never been told 'NO'. And I'll show you a kid, who when given the chance, siblings, relatives, friends will dump on.

Now with Brett, he earned most of his accalades. Most of those records broken are his. But along the way, mostly in GB.........they made him into someone that was above the game, above the team. Maybe a 'NO', long time ago would have changed the course of things that came. Want a separate locker room, Brett? 'NO', Want to miss parts of early training? 'NO', The 'NO's' never came.
Just once, after a horrendous game had they benched him and played the backup, maybe he'd have gotten the idea that he was dispensable. Just maybe, if the GB organization hadn't made him the face of the Packers, he wouldn't have thought he was that face. Just maybe if the media hadn't done all those (too many) specials about him, long before he retired, he wouldn't have thought of himself as 'legend' before he became one.
Favre needs to retire, he needed to retire. It was good once. It's not anymore. It's painful. Anyone close to him, if they care, should be telling him that.
There is little doubt that Brett Favre was a one-of-a-kind player. I'm just not sure that that lasted 18 years.

Bretsky
01-01-2009, 10:46 AM
Bretsky, you must have missed events of last summer, so I will give you a summary:

Favre demanded a return to the team, the Packers rejected him.
Favre responded with a public relations campaign against the Packers in an ill-advised strategy to get his way.

The fact that some PAcker fans are now sour on Brett the Jet is not a character flaw on their part.

You missed all of last summer when we ranted about this endlessly; good thing we sucked so bad with a 6-10 record so we can get back on the topic again

pbmax
01-01-2009, 11:42 AM
How about this? We allow any post, anywhere it might arguably fit. Then, if you use that post to slam other people as "insane", "hater -ing", or otherwise question them personally rather than make a factual case, you get your post deleted. Want to make a post? Create an argument for your position. Want to be deleted? Attack another poster. Easy. Simple.

Then everyone else will need to summon the self-control not to descend to the level of the person who starts down this path. Don't respond. It seems tough. It seems like you are surrendering control, but in actuality, you are retaining control, your dignity and your sanity. Because while the fearful part of you worries that you are alone, in actuality, the majority of posters are tired of the same things you are.

Harlan Huckleby
01-01-2009, 11:53 AM
HAppy New Year! The change of the calender is a time of refreshment. Out with the old, in with the new. Let bygones be bygones.

I wonder what the new hot topic will be for 2009.

pbmax
01-01-2009, 11:55 AM
HAppy New Year! The change of the calender is a time of refreshment. Out with the old, in with the new. Let bygones be bygones.

Happy New Year Blue Dog! :D

My prediction, 17 or 18 game schedule and the CBA/uncapped year.

Bretsky
01-01-2009, 12:27 PM

Will the Turtle stay under his shell or stick his head out come free agency time ? :lol:

packers11
01-01-2009, 04:55 PM
pft.com

FAVRE CRITICIZED BY JETS’ MVP

Posted by Aaron Wilson on January 1, 2009, 11:15 a.m.

New York Jets star quarterback Brett Favre recently caught some not-so-friendly fire from Jets running back Thomas Jones, who sharply criticized the veteran signal caller and suggested that Favre should have been benched during a three-interception meltdown against the Miami Dolphins to close the season.

During an interview with New York radio station Hot 97 FM, Jones took some shots at Favre, breaking the silence from a normally supportive locker room.

“We’re a team and we win together . . . but at the same time, you can’t turn the ball over and expect to win,” Jones said, via Rich Cimini of the New York Daily News. “The other day, the three interceptions really hurt us. I mean, that’s just reality. If I were to sit here and say, ‘Oh, man, it’s okay,’ that’s not reality.

“The reality is, you throw interceptions, I’m [ticked] off, I don’t like it. You know what I’m saying? I don’t like it, I know everybody else on the team doesn’t like it. . . .

“If somebody is not playing well, they need to come out of the game. You’re jeopardizing the whole team because you’re having a bad day. To me, that’s not fair to everybody else. You’re not the only one on the team.”

Jones, who later accused Favre indirectly of “giving the game up,” became the first member of the organization to publicly criticize Favre. (Earlier this week, one teammate made critical comments about Favre without permitting the player’s name to be disclosed. For all we or anyone else knows, the player was Jones.)

It’s not known whether other players in the locker room share Jones’ feelings. But since the players voted Jones (and not Favre) the team’s MVP for 2008, anyone who previously had been on the fence might now feel the same way as Jones.

Obviously, it sets the stage for dysfunction next season, if Favre returns. But the wisdom (intentional or otherwise) of Jones’ words is that, if they spark an anti-Favre sentiment in the locker room, the prideful Lord Favre will surely not want to play for the team again in 2009.

Bretsky
01-01-2009, 05:00 PM
Kind of some sad statements; I would point out to Thomas Jones that

1. Normally coaches bench players; they rarely bench themselves or take themselves out of the game.

2. The QB was doing what he thought was his best; Jones comments lack class

Of course I'm sure the cult is taking enjoyment in all of this

Bretsky
01-01-2009, 05:02 PM
I find it a lot more disturbing that it appears Favre did not make enough effort to mesh with the Jets and rap with the players. As a new player at a key position, he should have focused on establishing more chemistry with his new team........it appears...........if he did this I doubt many of these quotes would be coming out

The Shadow
01-01-2009, 05:23 PM

The 'raising' of Brett Favre is much like the raising of a child. Show me a kid who has been given everything, lacks for nothing, is the center of attention at every family function, has never been told 'NO'. And I'll show you a kid, who when given the chance, siblings, relatives, friends will dump on.

Now with Brett, he earned most of his accalades. Most of those records broken are his. But along the way, mostly in GB.........they made him into someone that was above the game, above the team. Maybe a 'NO', long time ago would have changed the course of things that came. Want a separate locker room, Brett? 'NO', Want to miss parts of early training? 'NO', The 'NO's' never came.
Just once, after a horrendous game had they benched him and played the backup, maybe he'd have gotten the idea that he was dispensable. Just maybe, if the GB organization hadn't made him the face of the Packers, he wouldn't have thought he was that face. Just maybe if the media hadn't done all those (too many) specials about him, long before he retired, he wouldn't have thought of himself as 'legend' before he became one.
Favre needs to retire, he needed to retire. It was good once. It's not anymore. It's painful. Anyone close to him, if they care, should be telling him that.
There is little doubt that Brett Favre was a one-of-a-kind player. I'm just not sure that that lasted 18 years.

This is one of the best summations of the whole topic that I've seen here.
Well done!

Rastak
01-01-2009, 05:42 PM

This is one of the best summations of the whole topic that I've seen here.
Well done!

Yea, that was really well stated. Bravo PIP.

The Shadow
01-01-2009, 06:00 PM
http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20090101/PKR07/90101031/1058/PKR01

b bulldog
01-01-2009, 06:36 PM
Jones' comment lacks class, what a bunch of crap. it is real funny how the masses, now that they can't blame a lack of a running game, wr's running wrong routes, or a bad Oline, still stick up for a player that was a major cuase in his teams failure when the games counted the most. I applaud Jones for having the balls to say what many have been thinking for quite some time.

Joemailman
01-01-2009, 06:58 PM
Jones was certainly entitled to his thoughts, which many may share, but I don't know if running to the media was the best way to handle it. I wonder if he ever went to Favre personally and told him his play was hurting the team.

pbmax
01-01-2009, 07:32 PM
Jones was certainly entitled to his thoughts, which many may share, but I don't know if running to the media was the best way to handle it. I wonder if he ever went to Favre personally and told him his play was hurting the team.
Do you really think Favre needs to be told this?

b bulldog
01-01-2009, 08:14 PM
From what I've heard, Brett was never around to be told that lol! I will always remember him in many big games after throwing multiple pics, running off the field as quickly as possible, reminds me of something the Pats coach would do and get criticized for.

Lurker64
01-01-2009, 08:17 PM

At the same time though, Brett is no stranger to the whole "manipulate the media into getting your point across for you, so you don't actually have to tell anybody what you're personally thinking" game. Though, I haven't yet heard Favre's cousin respond to Jones's comments.

b bulldog
01-01-2009, 08:26 PM
I thought Brett's brother was the one that always runs to the media?

packinpatland
01-01-2009, 09:34 PM
The four or five Packerrats who care about Favre will enjoy this thread very much.

I'm officially renouncing my membership in the Brett Favre fan club. I may re-consider once he is no longer affiliated with enemy teams. If he begs. But for now he is an enemy combatant.

I expect that this deeply disturbs him.

'enemy teams'..........that would mean any team in the NFL, right?
'affiliated'.......that would mean putting a jersey and helmet on ?
Just want to clarify.

Pugger
01-01-2009, 11:48 PM
Jones may have issues with Favre but you just don't air your dirty lockerroom laundry to the media - and I didn't think Brett should've gone on Fox News' On the Record show doing basically the same thing last summer either.

Partial
01-02-2009, 12:05 AM
Jones never said those things about Grossman. He's trying to make a name for himself. He's a tool.

gex
01-02-2009, 12:22 AM
At first I was really bewildered/hurt by all the Favre bashing I would read before/during/after the trade. those that attack him relentlessly and try to pretend what he did for the Packer organization over the years meant nothing.

07, you have to remember that the type doing the bashing are on the far reaches of the lunatic fringe. The pitiful few that continue their rant over and over.

As such, their views should not have any impact on you. Rather, they should be marginalized as the "black helicopter" crowd they belong to.

Frankly, I'm embarassed for them when I read some of the garbage they spew.

qft

vince
01-02-2009, 05:40 AM
Jones never said those things about Grossman. He's trying to make a name for himself. He's a tool.
I don't recall you taking the same position when Favre said much worse in a much more public setting about subjects more unjustified regarding people in the Packer administration last offseason...

cpk1994
01-02-2009, 06:45 AM
Jones never said those things about Grossman. He's trying to make a name for himself. He's a tool.It's funny, but I don't remember you having a problem with Brett and his interview on Fox. YOu know, the one where he threw Thompson and Campen under the bus on national TV. Hypocritical much?

Fritz
01-02-2009, 07:46 AM
After all of this hoopla of players coming out of the woodwork - both on and off record - to criticize Favre, I wonder if he's less likely to reeturn...to that team. I'm going to take a guess here that he waits to see who the new coach is, how the team responds as more questions are asked of them (this story has legs, I'd guess). Ultimately, he might come back...with anotehr team.

It could be the Vikings, I'm thinking.

highlander
01-02-2009, 07:54 AM
After all of this hoopla of players coming out of the woodwork - both on and off record - to criticize Favre, I wonder if he's less likely to reeturn...to that team. I'm going to take a guess here that he waits to see who the new coach is, how the team responds as more questions are asked of them (this story has legs, I'd guess). Ultimately, he might come back...with anotehr team.

It could be the Vikings, I'm thinking.

Not unless it is in 2010. The Jets own Favres rights. The Jets would have to give him his unconditional release. I guess I could see that happening but I doubt it . I believe the Jets want Favre back but with a FULL commitment and willingness to go to ALL camps and practices. Boy does that sound familar...

Fritz
01-02-2009, 08:04 AM
It does, doesn't it, Highlander?

I was thinking more that maybe the Jets'd trade Favre...I doubt the Pack could have built a "you can't trade him to the NFC North" next year trade clause, so if a logical team like Minny wanted him, and was willing to give up a third or who knows a fourth rounder, I could see it happening.

Minny might think that playing in a dome would be good for Favre. Favre would get a chance at another division title, and a chance at revenge against the Pack. The Jets would get out from under the burden that seems to be Favre any more.

GBRulz
01-02-2009, 09:29 AM

This was very well-written, PIP.

I wish he would have just retired last year. I never wanted to see him reach the "he hung on too long" status, but I'm afraid he's past that now.

GBRulz
01-02-2009, 09:32 AM
Jones' comment lacks class, what a bunch of crap.

I applaud Jones for having the balls to say what many have been thinking for quite some time.

:?:

GrnBay007
01-02-2009, 11:08 AM
It's funny that a group that is SO happy Favre was traded and doesn't like Favre, spend SO much of their time talking about him. I mean, really, he's no longer a Packer, why do you care?

What's that saying about people that live in glass houses?

Last summer the split (Packers/Favre) was compared to that of a bitter divorce. Well, months later it's sad to see some Packer fans still wishing nasty things on their old partner. Maybe it's just that things didn't go quite as well as some thought they would in 2008 (record) so that's all the more reason to look back and find things to bitch about what you left behind.

What I don't see is why it had to end this way, with some Packers fans reveling in the Jets' failures and Favre's injury and struggles. It's as if they can live with a 6-win season as long as Favre and the Jets suffer, too. Dumb. ~Gene

Harlan Huckleby
01-02-2009, 12:12 PM
What if Favre had just pursued a trade after he learned that the Packers didn't want him?

His reputation would still be pure gold in WI. And the pressure on TT and MM would have been FAR greater this past season than it was. Nearly all Packer fans would be wishing Favre well in JEt land. There would still be controversy about whether it was a wise move, but it would be hard not to wish the rejected hero well.

bobblehead
01-02-2009, 12:41 PM
On Monday, fourth-year safety Kerry Rhodes told the paper: "If he's dedicated and he wants to come back and do this, and do it the right way ... and be here when we're here in training camp and the minicamps and working out with us ... then I'm fine with it. But don't come back if it's going to be halfhearted or he doesn't want to put the time in with us."

Now here is just another example of a young player who wants to play his heart out for old #4. OTA's...minis...they don't really matter for a veteran like BF.

MOBB DEEP
01-03-2009, 01:32 AM
It's funny that a group that is SO happy Favre was traded and doesn't like Favre, spend SO much of their time talking about him. I mean, really, he's no longer a Packer, why do you care?

What's that saying about people that live in glass houses?

Last summer the split (Packers/Favre) was compared to that of a bitter divorce. Well, months later it's sad to see some Packer fans still wishing nasty things on their old partner. Maybe it's just that things didn't go quite as well as some thought they would in 2008 (record) so that's all the more reason to look back and find things to bitch about what you left behind.

What I don't see is why it had to end this way, with some Packers fans reveling in the Jets' failures and Favre's injury and struggles. It's as if they can live with a 6-win season as long as Favre and the Jets suffer, too. Dumb. ~Gene

qft

imscott72
01-03-2009, 02:12 PM
Wow check this out. Not sure if it was posted anywhere else yet, but didn't see it.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/01032009/sports/jets/mangini_pal_atlas_takes_jabs_at_favre_147032.htm

GBRulz
01-03-2009, 02:18 PM
Wow check this out. Not sure if it was posted anywhere else yet, but didn't see it.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/01032009/sports/jets/mangini_pal_atlas_takes_jabs_at_favre_147032.htm

Maybe the guy is just pissed that Mangini gave his new son Brett's name and not Atlas.

Seriously though, I think people are just using Favre as a scape goat right now. It's easy to do, especially because he may very well not be around after this year. I'm not saying he doesn't deserve any criticism for his play, but all these remarks to the press just lacks class.

vince
01-03-2009, 02:38 PM
...all these remarks to the press just lacks class.
Touche.

Harlan Huckleby
01-03-2009, 02:59 PM
Ahhh, no more or less class than is exhibited in this thread regularly by people on BOTH sides of the Favre argument. Shall I name names?

I get a kick out of how people keep trying to define themselves as being "above the fray." :lol: GBrulz, you are very much in the fray. Vince, probably you too. Everybody who is reading this is in the fray. Its just a continuing food fight, celebrity gossip.

Ya, it kinda sucks that this assistant coach or trainer or whoever is speaking his mind. But that's what everybody is doing. Taking shots at people they disagree with, directly or slyly, and trying to position themselves as being on the side of truth and decency.

Lurker64
01-03-2009, 03:36 PM
The thing I'm wondering about, is in the accounting of "lacks class" who's ahead? The Favre camp or the anti-Favre camp? Certainly, Favre has demonstrated a lack of class in comments to the media in the past (e.g. going on Greta, calling out Javon Walker, having his relatives speak for him to the media), and certainly some of the comments that have come from the Jets coaches and players have lacked class, but karma's a bitch as they say. So, I'm just wondering at what point Brett receives more classless comments than he's received. Should we start feeling sorry for Favre yet?

packinpatland
01-03-2009, 03:49 PM
Farve basher makes news......so glad he's getting his 15 min.
Gotta wonder what was Atlas thinking when they were 8-3.
The Jets were lousy last year, and they were better this year.
Bitch, Bitch, Bitch................they were lucky they got him, they filled the seats and sold lots of jerseys...........there's some within the Jet org. that are laughing all the way to the bank.

The Shadow
01-03-2009, 04:08 PM
they were lucky they got him, they filled the seats and sold lots of jerseys...........there's some within the Jet org. that are laughing all the way to the bank.

Hmmm.
They have an outraged fan base, a fired head coach, a loss of team chemistry, a lost MVP-type-season quarterback (who came back to twist the knife right in their own house!), and a lost draft choice.

I;m not sure that's 'laughing' you hear.

Brando19
01-03-2009, 04:08 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/nfl/01/03/peter.king.favre.may.retire/index.html

Apparantly Favre is ready to retire. He said it's time for them to look in a different direction at QB.

Rastak
01-03-2009, 04:14 PM
they were lucky they got him, they filled the seats and sold lots of jerseys...........there's some within the Jet org. that are laughing all the way to the bank.

Hmmm.
They have an outraged fan base, a fired head coach, a loss of team chemistry, a lost MVP-type-season quarterback (who came back to twist the knife right in their own house!), and a lost draft choice.

Cranston does have some good points.

Chevelle2
01-03-2009, 04:46 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/nfl/01/03/peter.king.favre.may.retire/index.html

Apparantly Favre is ready to retire. He said it's time for them to look in a different direction at QB.

LOL @ the URL: "Favre May Retire"

packinpatland
01-03-2009, 06:32 PM

Hmmm.

Outrage fueled by the media, coach who had alot to prove, and didn't, team chemistry was fine when they were winning..., and about that QB........what was his win-loss last year? The draft pick......you're right.

Rastak
01-03-2009, 06:35 PM

Hmmm.

Outrage fueled by the media, coach who had alot to prove, and didn't, team chemistry was fine when they were winning..., and about that QB........what was his win-loss last year? The draft pick......you're right.

Outrage seems to be boiling from within.....where there is smoke there is likely fire.

MJZiggy
01-03-2009, 06:43 PM

Hauntingly familiar.

sheepshead
01-03-2009, 07:09 PM
Deja Vu all over again.

packinpatland
01-03-2009, 07:22 PM

Hmmm.

Outrage seems to be boiling from within.....where there is smoke there is likely fire.

Once again........where was the 'outrage' when they were winning?
There's no doubt that Favre should retire. But I also think there shouldn't be any doubt that he didn't win OR lose those game alone.

Rastak
01-03-2009, 07:26 PM

Hmmm.

Once again........where was the 'outrage' when they were winning?
There's no doubt that Favre should retire. But I also think there shouldn't be any doubt that he didn't win OR lose those game alone.

There wasn't any outrage when they were winning. Winning is a deodorant that covers all. Teams that are winning don't care what anyone else is doing. When they don't win and there are issue, they aren't covered up anymore, they fester.

Lurker64
01-03-2009, 07:27 PM

There is, however, little doubt that a better performance by the Jets QB in any of the last few games would have probably put the Jets in the playoffs.

I mean, they lost to Seattle by 13-3 when their QB threw for 187 yards and 2 INTs, and they lost to San Francisco 24-14 when their QB threw for 137 yards and 3 INTs (one TD). Had they won both of those games, they probably would have won the division. One of the things that could have made them win those games was better performance by the QB (whether it was Favre playing better than he did, or somebody else who would have played better.)

sheepshead
01-03-2009, 07:46 PM
When you come to a fork in the road-take it!

packinpatland
01-03-2009, 08:18 PM

There is, however, little doubt that a better performance by the Jets QB in any of the last few games would have probably put the Jets in the playoffs.

I mean, they lost to Seattle by 13-3 when their QB threw for 187 yards and 2 INTs, and they lost to San Francisco 24-14 when their QB threw for 137 yards and 3 INTs (one TD). Had they won both of those games, they probably would have won the division. One of the things that could have made them win those games was better performance by the QB (whether it was Favre playing better than he did, or somebody else who would have played better.)

OK, OK, OK............I just hate seeing/hearing all this 'piling on'. I'll admit..........I still like the guy.

GrnBay007
01-03-2009, 08:21 PM
OK, OK, OK............I just hate seeing/hearing all this 'piling on'. I'll admit..........I still like the guy.

:D :tup:

bobblehead
01-03-2009, 11:30 PM
Ahhh, no more or less class than is exhibited in this thread regularly by people on BOTH sides of the Favre argument. Shall I name names?

I get a kick out of how people keep trying to define themselves as being "above the fray." :lol: GBrulz, you are very much in the fray. Vince, probably you too. Everybody who is reading this is in the fray. Its just a continuing food fight, celebrity gossip.

Ya, it kinda sucks that this assistant coach or trainer or whoever is speaking his mind. But that's what everybody is doing. Taking shots at people they disagree with, directly or slyly, and trying to position themselves as being on the side of truth and decency.

You are absolutely right. I tried early on to stay above the fray because I was a bit torn on BF leaving. I vocally disagreed with those who called TT a snake and all that, but I didn't trash brett in the beginning even though I thought he was totally in the wrong. Everything I said was rational and without emotion.

All that pretty much ended around week 8 or so when it just got sickening that niether side could let it go. At this point all the arguements have been made and its simply down to anyone who comments (myself very much included) is being snide and nasty. I admit a childish delight in seeing jets players saying exactly what I've been saying from the start....do I need to rub it in...No, but damn its fun!! I'm guilty and I'm sorry but I'll probably do it again.

edit: Its a little hypocritical for Mangini to throw it at favre now after naming his fucking newborn after the guy. I mean, talking about trying to shift the blame. Man up like MM did this year, take some responsibility too. You let the guy run wild all season and you loved it when he was playing well, when he stopped, it was too late to close the barn door.

Pugger
01-04-2009, 09:34 AM
Peter King was on the NBC pregame show last night and he reiterated his belief that Brett is going to retire. I'm not going to hold my breath. Brett has cried wolf too many times. I too will believe it when the season starts and Brett isn't on anyone's roster. :?

packinpatland
01-04-2009, 10:48 AM
"Reported today on NBC Sports that Favre told me he informed Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum that "it may be time to look in a different direction'' at the quarterback position when they spoke Monday. A day earlier, Favre continued his poor play down the stretch -- the Jets finished by losing four of their last five, ruining their 8-3 start that had them in Super Bowl contention -- in a disastrous three-interception loss to the Dolphins. The Jets fired Eric Mangini as coach ... and could have made Favre's decision about whether to return in 2009 a negative..
Favre said that Tannenbaum said to him Monday, "If I ask you about your future now, I know what you'll say. So I'm not going to ask you.'' What Tannenbaum did ask Favre is to give his decision some time, that the Jets definitely wanted him back and he should take all the time he needs to decide.

According to King's report............Favre made it clear ..........start thinking of another QB.......Tannenbaum, instead of saying 'OK Brett we'll do that'..........he says 'Take your time, we want you back.'

Yet.....Favre comes out the bad guy in this.... :roll:

Zool
01-04-2009, 10:55 AM
All I can say is, thankfully this isnt the Packers. I'll be glad to have a boring offseason.

packinpatland
01-04-2009, 11:02 AM
All I can say is, thankfully this isnt the Packers. I'll be glad to have a boring offseason.

A point all can agree on.

cpk1994
01-04-2009, 11:32 AM

Hmmm.

Outrage fueled by the media, coach who had alot to prove, and didn't, team chemistry was fine when they were winning..., and about that QB........what was his win-loss last year? The draft pick......you're right.And where is this QB spending the playoffs becuase of his erratic play? win-loss really means nothing and is a waste if you didn't make the playoffs. So what if they went 9-7. They still ended the season just like the 4-12 season: Watching trhe playoffs at home on TV.

bobblehead
01-04-2009, 11:50 AM
"Reported today on NBC Sports that Favre told me he informed Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum that "it may be time to look in a different direction'' at the quarterback position when they spoke Monday. A day earlier, Favre continued his poor play down the stretch -- the Jets finished by losing four of their last five, ruining their 8-3 start that had them in Super Bowl contention -- in a disastrous three-interception loss to the Dolphins. The Jets fired Eric Mangini as coach ... and could have made Favre's decision about whether to return in 2009 a negative..
Favre said that Tannenbaum said to him Monday, "If I ask you about your future now, I know what you'll say. So I'm not going to ask you.'' What Tannenbaum did ask Favre is to give his decision some time, that the Jets definitely wanted him back and he should take all the time he needs to decide.

According to King's report............Favre made it clear ..........start thinking of another QB.......Tannenbaum, instead of saying 'OK Brett we'll do that'..........he says 'Take your time, we want you back.'

Yet.....Favre comes out the bad guy in this.... :roll:

He isn't the bad guy yet. I'll wait until the Jets draft a QB and then Brett changes his mind before I call him the bad guy in this...Oh yea, and after he skips all the minis and OTAs that his teammates participate in.

MJZiggy
01-04-2009, 12:05 PM
It doesn't matter. He's going to retire. And he's not coming back this time and he won't be traded anywhere. Even if he demands to be traded, no one will take him. It's done, it's over.

Lurker64
01-04-2009, 12:08 PM
He isn't the bad guy yet. I'll wait until the Jets draft a QB and then Brett changes his mind before I call him the bad guy in this...Oh yea, and after he skips all the minis and OTAs that his teammates participate in.

Have they concluded yet that Kellen Clemens is not the answer? Since they already have a relatively high pick invested in that position, they don't necessarily need to spent another. Sign a journeyman, draft a project QB (Chase Daniel?) in the late rounds, and hope Clemens steps up. That wouldn't hurt the Jets a lot if Favre wants to come back in July.

The Shadow
01-04-2009, 12:34 PM
I am just thankful the Drama is far, far away.

GrnBay007
01-04-2009, 12:38 PM
With all the obsessing over it, it appears some Packer fans miss the so called "drama".

Harlan Huckleby
01-04-2009, 12:43 PM
Peter King was on the NBC pregame show last night and he reiterated his belief that Brett is going to retire. I'm not going to hold my breath. Brett has cried wolf too many times. I too will believe it when the season starts and Brett isn't on anyone's roster. :?

I want to see Brett follow Mangini to Cleveland and play there. What fun! Its all just entertainment.

Those of you worried about Favre's legacy have nothing to fear, that story has already been written. Maybe some people are feeling ashamed of yourselves for hating-on Thompson last summer, embarrassed that TT has been vindicated. Take one step forward if you fall into this catetgory.

I am most against the sentinment that Favre should have stayed retired. Coming back and accepting a gig with the ne'r-d-well Jets showed the best of Brett Favre - his love of the game of football, willingness to take risks, his boyish good nature. I hope he comes back next year, although I REALLY think he should consider being a backup, the season is too long for a senior citizen.

MJZiggy
01-04-2009, 12:44 PM
The drama's a lot easier to watch when you know who your quarterback's gonna be next year. Either way it doesn't matter anymore.

Gunakor
01-04-2009, 12:56 PM
With all the obsessing over it, it appears some Packer fans miss the so called "drama".

To be fair 007, it seems you are having trouble letting this one go too.

Who cares what anyone else thinks about Favre. Unless they attack you personally, just ignore them if you don't want to get into debate.

People have every right to hate Favre if they want to, just as you have every right to support him. Both he and TT handled that situation poorly, but that doesn't make it a wash necessarily. Few are going to be entirely indifferent as far as that one is concerned. There are just as many that beat the dead horse named Ted Thompson as there are that beat the dead horse named Brett Favre. Since everybody knows how everybody feels, then once again, I'd say the best route to take is to just ignore controversial posts unless you really want to get into that argument.

As far as how Favre's performance this year affects the Packers, I'm a little pissed off too. Had he played the same way in December that he played in October and early November, Green Bay would be getting at least a second round pick from New York. He stunk in December, which made our compensation pick 25-30 slots lower than it should have been IMO. And that's from a Packer fan's perspective - I don't get into it from a Jets fan's perspective, but I could imagine the outrage would be far worse looking at it that way. So by putting the Packers first, there's plenty to be angry with Favre about after the last 4 or 5 weeks of the season.

As far as the retirement drama, as often as we've been dealing with it, one has to admit it does feel like a weight has been lifted off of our shoulders without this drama lingering over our heads for the first several months of the offseason. You had to expect a couple of shots at Tannenbaum and the Jets now that he has to deal with it instead. It's not really fair to call people out on it. I am relieved as well to be rid of this hassle, as it is not conducive to building a team and getting prepared for the new season best you can. 2009 can start right away now, instead of having to wait a couple months.

GrnBay007
01-04-2009, 01:13 PM

Who cares what anyone else thinks about Favre. Unless they attack you personally, just ignore them if you don't want to get into debate.

People have every right to hate Favre if they want to, just as you have every right to support him. Both he and TT handled that situation poorly, but that doesn't make it a wash necessarily. Few are going to be entirely indifferent as far as that one is concerned. There are just as many that beat the dead horse named Ted Thompson as there are that beat the dead horse named Brett Favre. Since everybody knows how everybody feels, then once again, I'd say the best route to take is to just ignore controversial posts unless you really want to get into that argument.

I don't want to argue with anyone. It's obvious how those who regularly post here feel on the subject and there is no sense in trying to change anyone's mind.

I just think it's childish and a bit pathetic that two months ago the people that were outraged that Favre's name was mentioned on a Packer forum are now the ones that won't stop talking about him....after the end of his 2008 season flopped.

It doesn't really matter and I'm done discussing the whole thing. After all, people are really just showing their true colors by the continued bashing.

In comparing those that have bashed TT and those that continue to bash BF. All I can say is this.....Favre proved himself as a winning QB for the Green Bay Packers. TT hasn't proved he's a winning GM yet....time will tell.

Gunakor
01-04-2009, 01:15 PM

I want to see Brett follow Mangini to Cleveland and play there. What fun! Its all just entertainment.

Those of you worried about Favre's legacy have nothing to fear, that story has already been written. Maybe some people are feeling ashamed of yourselves for hating-on Thompson last summer, embarrassed that TT has been vindicated. Take one step forward if you fall into this catetgory.

I am most against the sentinment that Favre should have stayed retired. Coming back and accepting a gig with the ne'r-d-well Jets showed the best of Brett Favre - his love of the game of football, willingness to take risks, his boyish good nature. I hope he comes back next year, although I REALLY think he should consider being a backup, the season is too long for a senior citizen.

Oh boy. Derek Anderson, Brady Quinn, AND Brett Favre, all on the same roster? I don't think the Browns own enough footballs...

The Shadow
01-04-2009, 01:18 PM
I sense that a few posters want to get this thread up to about 50 billion responses and then claim some kind of sad moral victory.
Ok. Consider this a contribution.

Harlan Huckleby
01-04-2009, 01:20 PM
I don't want to argue with anyone.

{4 paragraphs of arguments and accusations deleted}

:lol: another above-the-frayer checks in.

Pacopete4
01-04-2009, 01:27 PM

I don't want to argue with anyone. It's obvious how those who regularly post here feel on the subject and there is no sense in trying to change anyone's mind.

I just think it's childish and a bit pathetic that two months ago the people that were outraged that Favre's name was mentioned on a Packer forum are now the ones that won't stop talking about him....after the end of his 2008 season flopped.

It doesn't really matter and I'm done discussing the whole thing. After all, people are really just showing their true colors by the continued bashing.

In comparing those that have bashed TT and those that continue to bash BF. All I can say is this.....Favre proved himself as a winning QB for the Green Bay Packers. TT hasn't proved he's a winning GM yet....time will tell.

both great, and hilarious points... nice work 007

Gunakor
01-04-2009, 01:34 PM
All I can say is this.....Favre proved himself as a winning QB for the Green Bay Packers. TT hasn't proved he's a winning GM yet....time will tell.

I'd agree with you about Favre being a winning QB for the Packers. But TT was every bit as responsible for 13-3 last year as BF, if you want to look at it that way. And in looking at the progression, he started 4-12, went 8-8 the next year through rebuilding, and hosted the NFC Championship game the year after that. Certainly that had something to do with Favre and the players Thompson inherited when he took the job, but it had a lot to do with the players Thompson brought in as well.

Being perfectly fair, you have to remember that TT had a great deal with the construction of the only Seattle Seahawks team to reach the Super Bowl in that franchises history. And he was damn close last year with the Packers, a roster which by that time had been largely rebuilt by Thompson. I think he has a pretty good track record, but that's just my opinion.

16 great years doesn't matter anymore. It's all in the rearview now. The past belongs in a museum or a Hall of Fame, not on a football feild. Nobody gets where they are going by staring at what's behind them. The Jets tried to get there by staring at what was behind us, and are no closer to a Super Bowl win than we were last year.

I don't mean to imply Favre is washed up, but there are a whole bunch of younger players that have more to contribute than Favre at this point. Favre is no longer a SB caliber QB, and that much is undeniable as far as I'm concerned. Maybe Rodgers isn't either, I don't know. But I'm excited to see him finally get his opportunity to succeed, and honestly feel that at this point he's a better QB in a long 16 game season than Favre is.

Pacopete4
01-04-2009, 01:37 PM
Favre is no longer a SB caliber QB, and that much is undeniable as far as I'm concerned.

What the hell is a SB caliber QB? There have been guys that won them that don't even belong starting in this league.

GrnBay007
01-04-2009, 01:41 PM
Favre is no longer a SB caliber QB, and that much is undeniable as far as I'm concerned.

What the hell is a SB caliber QB? There have been guys that won them that don't even belong starting in this league.

LOL, hell REX got there. :P

GrnBay007
01-04-2009, 01:42 PM
Maybe Rodgers isn't either, I don't know. But I'm excited to see him finally get his opportunity to succeed,

Me too.

Bretsky
01-04-2009, 01:44 PM
All I can say is this.....Favre proved himself as a winning QB for the Green Bay Packers. TT hasn't proved he's a winning GM yet....time will tell.

I'd agree with you about Favre being a winning QB for the Packers. But TT was every bit as responsible for 13-3 last year as BF, if you want to look at it that way. And in looking at the progression, he started 4-12, went 8-8 the next year through rebuilding, and hosted the NFC Championship game the year after that. Certainly that had something to do with Favre and the players Thompson inherited when he took the job, but it had a lot to do with the players Thompson brought in as well.

Being perfectly fair, you have to remember that TT had a great deal with the construction of the only Seattle Seahawks team to reach the Super Bowl in that franchises history. And he was damn close last year with the Packers, a roster which by that time had been largely rebuilt by Thompson. I think he has a pretty good track record, but that's just my opinion.

16 great years doesn't matter anymore. It's all in the rearview now. The past belongs in a museum or a Hall of Fame, not on a football feild. Nobody gets where they are going by staring at what's behind them. The Jets tried to get there by staring at what was behind us, and are no closer to a Super Bowl win than we were last year.

I don't mean to imply Favre is washed up, but there are a whole bunch of younger players that have more to contribute than Favre at this point. Favre is no longer a SB caliber QB, and that much is undeniable as far as I'm concerned. Maybe Rodgers isn't either, I don't know. But I'm excited to see him finally get his opportunity to succeed, and honestly feel that at this point he's a better QB in a long 16 game season than Favre is.

I tend to give TT a pass on the 4-12 season
But if we give credit for 8-8 to 13-3 you should also throw a dart at him for 13-3 to 6-10.

And for what it's worth overall I think TT has did a decent job but I'm probably one of the few closer to the middle that on one extreme or the other

packinpatland
01-04-2009, 01:46 PM
Don't mean to distract here........but Pennington just threw his 3rd pick....hmmmm......

Pacopete4
Maybe Rodgers isn't either, I don't know. But I'm excited to see him finally get his opportunity to succeed,

Me too.

Ditto! And everyone knows I wanted it a year later than it happened but I hope he can be the big piece of the offense that the west coast needs. I also hope we get a GM in here that can build strength in the lines. Until Snake TT leaves, Rodgers will struggle to win games, let alone a SB, with no help in either of those categories.

Bretsky
I sense that a few posters want to get this thread up to about 50 billion responses and then claim some kind of sad moral victory.
Ok. Consider this a contribution.

Thanks for contributing w/o throwing out any sarcastic rips :wink:

GrnBay007
And for what it's worth overall I think TT has did a decent job but I'm probably one of the few closer to the middle that on one extreme or the other

Get the old Turtle avatar back. :P :wink:

Pacopete4
Don't mean to distract here........but Pennington just threw his 3rd pick....hmmmm......

doesnt that belong in the todays games thread?

Gunakor

A QB that won't turn the ball over multiple times when the weather gets bad.

The Trent Dilfers and the Brad Johnson's of the world would not have won rings, even with the outstanding defensive teams backing them up, if they turned the ball over multiple times a game once winter rolled around. You throw 3 picks in a playoff game and you lose - there aren't any Lions or Raiders playing in January. Teams who make it this far take advantage of gifts.

Favre has become a very generous giver to opponents for a month now. It's been a trend for him to become a very generous giver around the holidays, even as a Packer, for a few seasons now. This hasn't been some kind of anomaly.

Gunakor
01-04-2009, 01:47 PM

Not by being careless when it mattered most.

packinpatland
01-04-2009, 01:48 PM

Just wanted to make sure eveyone was aware......... :lol:

Gunakor
01-04-2009, 01:48 PM

Just wanted to make sure eveyone was aware......... :lol:

Now let's see if the Fins win the game. Something tells me this is only going to bolster my position.

Lurker64
01-04-2009, 01:49 PM

If the Jets were playing the Ravens today, how many do you suppose Favre would have thrown? ;)

pbmax
01-04-2009, 01:49 PM
But I am sure he's having fun out there! :lol:

No, c'mon, its a joke. Seriously, I was just kidding! Not a hater! Maybe perturbed at one time or another, but not hate!

Pacopete4
01-04-2009, 01:50 PM

you cant be believing the crap that comes outta your mouth all the time can you? You're putting WAAAAAAY too much on the QB for winning or even getting to SB's. Complete teams win SB's. We had one of them while Brett was in GB (I know, arguably 2, but a combination Holmy getting ready to leave and we took being there for granted lost us that game)

packinpatland
01-04-2009, 01:50 PM

If the Jets were playing the Ravens today, how many do you suppose Favre would have thrown? ;)

Guess we'll never know........have to work with what is....not the what ifs.

Pacopete4
01-04-2009, 01:51 PM

probably one... right before half to get the ravens back into the game for the 2nd half but then T. Jones woulda took over that half and the ravens wouldnt of seen the ball... Jets 27 - Ravens 13

haha jk

GrnBay007
01-04-2009, 01:52 PM

:D

Bretsky
01-04-2009, 01:54 PM

I need hope for next year; the avatar needs to provide next year with better karma :wink:

If they are not going to pony up we need to find new bikini girls :!:

GrnBay007
01-04-2009, 01:56 PM

I need hope for next year; the avatar needs to provide next year with better karma :wink:

But your avatar is Rodgers, not the bikini girls. :?: I think I saw them yesterday. What happened, did your wife see? :P :wink:

Bretsky
01-04-2009, 01:58 PM

But your avatar is Rodgers, not the bikini girls. :?: I think I saw them yesterday. What happened, did your wife see? :P :wink:

What are you talking about ? My avatar is the bikini girls, isn't it ????

Lurker64
01-04-2009, 01:59 PM

It is. If you're not seeing the bikini girls, clear your cache.

GrnBay007
01-04-2009, 01:59 PM

LOL not on my screen. It's your old Rodgers one. Like I said, I think I saw it yesterday. ....now gone.

Partial
01-04-2009, 02:00 PM

The Trent Dilfers and the Brad Johnson's of the world would not have won rings, even with the outstanding defensive teams backing them up, if they turned the ball over multiple times a game once winter rolled around. You throw 3 picks in a playoff game and you lose - there aren't any Lions or Raiders playing in January. Teams who make it this far take advantage of gifts.

Favre has become a very generous giver to opponents for a month now. It's been a trend for him to become a very generous giver around the holidays, even as a Packer, for a few seasons now. This hasn't been some kind of anomaly.

That's funny because Ryan Grant gave the ball away as much as anyone in the playoffs last year.

GrnBay007
01-04-2009, 02:01 PM

Geez, maybe everyone's is different and I haven't noticed. :oops:

How do I do that?

Gunakor
01-04-2009, 02:02 PM

you cant be believing the crap that comes outta your mouth all the time can you? You're putting WAAAAAAY too much on the QB for winning or even getting to SB's. Complete teams win SB's. We had one of them while Brett was in GB (I know, arguably 2, but a combination Holmy getting ready to leave and we took being there for granted lost us that game)

You are reading this the wrong way. I don't put too much on a QB's shoulders for winning. But if you are the QB, and you throw the ball to the other team regularly, and we lose the game because of all the turnovers... I sure as hell can put a heavy chunk on you for losing. Thus is the story of December for the 2008 Jets.

The Jets are not in the playoffs this year mostly because Brett Favre threw, fuck, more INT's than I can count in the last month. Are you really going to argue that with me? Seriously, how can you not lay the largest share of the blame for the Jets failure to make the playoffs on the QB who imploded down the stretch? I'm not trying to pick a fight, that's just how it is. Turnovers KILL TEAMS. Turnovers KILLED the 2008 Jets.

This argument aside, weren't you one of the ones who had suggested that the Packers went 13-3 last year BECAUSE of Brett Favre? Wasn't it YOU who would routinely put WAAAAY to much on the QB for winning? Just wondering, so I know which side you stand on. I'd hate to call you out for something that wasn't true...

Gunakor
01-04-2009, 02:04 PM

That's funny because Ryan Grant gave the ball away as much as anyone in the playoffs last year.

True. Favre gave the ball away too. It all adds up - we didn't win a ring.

But you missed the point entirely, apparently. I was talking about a SB caliber QB, and you made an argument about a RB. Funny.

Bretsky
01-04-2009, 02:04 PM

How do I do that?

WHEW.............I thought I'd lost them

Normally you can go to tools at top of browser and then go to options to clear out cache

Zool
01-04-2009, 02:08 PM

How do I do that?

WHEW.............I thought I'd lost them

Normally you can go to tools at top of browser and then go to options to clear out cache

Try CTRL and F5 to do a full refresh of the page.

Bretsky
01-04-2009, 02:10 PM
This is very important for 007 cuz she loves chix too :lol: :wink:

Partial
01-04-2009, 02:13 PM
So hot.

GrnBay007
01-04-2009, 02:15 PM
This is very important for 007 cuz she loves chix too :lol: :wink:

B--> :butt:<--007

packinpatland
01-04-2009, 02:15 PM
Back to the real topic (you guys can carry on later)

4 INT's........... :lol:

GrnBay007
01-04-2009, 02:17 PM

Thanks Zool, that worked.

OMG........the bikini girls have mustaches!!! :shock:

:P :wink:

Bretsky
01-04-2009, 02:19 PM
Back to the real topic (you guys can carry on later)

4 INT's........... :lol:

This game sucks; Detroit against Green Bay might be more entertaining !

Hey, Jim Leonard just caught the fast guy

Bretsky
01-04-2009, 02:20 PM

Thanks Zool, that worked.

OMG........the bikini girls have mustaches!!! :shock:

:P :wink:

stop looking.........oh I can even say it :lol:

Partial
01-04-2009, 02:20 PM
_| |_

Gotta love Jimmy. Walk-on to an all-american, right?

Pacopete4
01-04-2009, 03:19 PM
Freak Out wrote:
The Raven defense will make any QB look bad....."MVP" Pennington made some bad decisions to hurt his cause today but the Raven D was pretty damn tough.

Now this is just an awesome memory!

Favre
27 of 34, 337 yards, 3 TD's

"The way he played today explains why he's the three-time MVP quarterback," Starks said.

"We couldn't do anything to frustrate him," linebacker Jamie Sharper said. "We couldn't blitz him as much as we wanted to and hit him in the backfield because he was getting the ball off going downfield. We couldn't get him off his game. And that's what we usually do to a quarterback. But Brett didn't allow us to do that."

"Brett keeps things alive," Ravens coach Brian Billick said. "That's part of his magic. He has the knack to break contain, back away and wait until the last second and make a throw. He's a phenomenal athlete, and they made the big plays when they needed to. They have a Hall of Fame quarterback and deserved to win today."

He shredded the Ravens' secondary with 17 completions to wide receivers - picking on cornerback Chris McAlister at times deep - and three passes of more than 36 yards. Against a defense that hadn't allowed a touchdown drive of more than 33 yards, Favre engineered ones of 74, 80 and 82 yards.

channtheman
01-04-2009, 03:23 PM
Freak Out wrote:
The Raven defense will make any QB look bad....."MVP" Pennington made some bad decisions to hurt his cause today but the Raven D was pretty damn tough.

Now this is just an awesome memory!

Favre
27 of 34, 337 yards, 3 TD's

"The way he played today explains why he's the three-time MVP quarterback," Starks said.

"We couldn't do anything to frustrate him," linebacker Jamie Sharper said. "We couldn't blitz him as much as we wanted to and hit him in the backfield because he was getting the ball off going downfield. We couldn't get him off his game. And that's what we usually do to a quarterback. But Brett didn't allow us to do that."

"Brett keeps things alive," Ravens coach Brian Billick said. "That's part of his magic. He has the knack to break contain, back away and wait until the last second and make a throw. He's a phenomenal athlete, and they made the big plays when they needed to. They have a Hall of Fame quarterback and deserved to win today."

He shredded the Ravens' secondary with 17 completions to wide receivers - picking on cornerback Chris McAlister at times deep - and three passes of more than 36 yards. Against a defense that hadn't allowed a touchdown drive of more than 33 yards, Favre engineered ones of 74, 80 and 82 yards.

For as many games like that, it pains me to look at games in the playoffs like the Rams and the Vikings a few years ago where he made their defensive backs look like the best in the league.

Pacopete4
01-04-2009, 03:27 PM
For as many games like that, it pains me to look at games in the playoffs like the Rams and the Vikings a few years ago where he made their defensive backs look like the best in the league.

You mean the years we didnt have the best team in the NFL and lost in the playoffs?... get over it

BallHawk
01-04-2009, 03:29 PM

You mean the years we didnt have the best team in the NFL and lost in the playoffs?... get over it

Um, if we won the NFC North and then lost to the Vikings who were a Wild Card team doesn't that mean we were better than them for 16 games?

Gunakor
01-04-2009, 03:33 PM

Why is it only okay to look at the good, yet make no mention of the bad? As long as it's posted in a civil manner and has some truth to it, what's the problem?

Maybe it's because we didn't have the best quarterback in the NFL?... get over it.

Pacopete4
01-04-2009, 03:37 PM

Why is it only okay to look at the good, yet make no mention of the bad? As long as it's posted in a civil manner and has some truth to it, what's the problem?

Maybe it's because we didn't have the best quarterback in the NFL?... get over it.

Where did I say Favre was good in those games? Im not blind to his faults, or his bad games.... but people that want to pin us not winning more SB's on him are fuckin clueless... WE DIDNT HAVE THE BEST TEAM IN THE LEAGUE THAT YEAR... ONLY ONE TEAM WINS IT EACH SEASON....

like u got into in your other post... I say QB's dont win SBs, but great QB's can win a lot of games in the regular season because its just different.

channtheman
01-04-2009, 03:41 PM

Where did I say Favre was good in those games? Im not blind to his faults, or his bad games.... but people that want to pin us not winning more SB's on him are fuckin clueless... WE DIDNT HAVE THE BEST TEAM IN THE LEAGUE THAT YEAR... ONLY ONE TEAM WINS IT EACH SEASON....

like u got into in your other post... I say QB's dont win SBs, but great QB's can win a lot of games in the regular season because its just different.

When a QB throws 6 INT's and 4 INT's in playoff games, it is a large part of the blame to say that they lost those games. Yes it is a team game, but interceptions where the QB just threw it up for grabs on 1st down is all on the QB.

esoxx
01-04-2009, 08:40 PM
The Jets are not in the playoffs this year mostly because Brett Favre threw, fuck, more INT's than I can count in the last month.

You can't even count to 9?

Explains a lot. :lol:

Gunakor
01-05-2009, 01:08 PM
The Jets are not in the playoffs this year mostly because Brett Favre threw, fuck, more INT's than I can count in the last month.

You can't even count to 9?

Explains a lot. :lol:

Well, i couldn't count them all off the top of my head without going and looking it up (which I'm sure you had to do). If that explains anything, it's that I'm too lazy to spend time researching stats on a guy I've lost a considerable amount of respect for, one who doesn't even play for the team I support.

Pacopete4
01-05-2009, 01:23 PM
talking about favre and the jets on jim Rome radio show inabout 5mins

packinpatland
01-05-2009, 02:19 PM

What did he have to say?

retailguy
01-05-2009, 02:30 PM

What did he have to say?

They were talking about Sarah Palin. :taunt:

Pacopete4
01-05-2009, 02:39 PM

What did he have to say?

Haha, sorry it took so long I'm at work. They talked about he collapse and where they go now. Also about thecomments towards Brett and if he wants to play come back full time this year if healthy. It really wasn't much. Rome took a few shots on how he didn't know his teammates names even, stuff like that.

packinpatland
01-05-2009, 02:55 PM

What did he have to say?

Sorry RG, this does not count........my NYR is still intact. :lol:

cpk1994
01-05-2009, 03:15 PM

What did he have to say?Since it is Jim Rome, it certainly won't be anything positive to Favre.

retailguy
01-05-2009, 03:27 PM

What did he have to say?

Sorry RG, this does not count........my NYR is still intact. :lol:

I'll get you to break it, I'm very good at that. :wink: A little taunting, all in good fun. :P

gbgary
01-05-2009, 03:31 PM
i nearly killed myself climbing over all the dead horses in here. :D someone said brett told the jets that they may want to think about going in a different direction for qb next year. is this true? :roll: if so...why didn't he just stay retired? i don't really expect an answer for the latter. :D

Brando19
01-05-2009, 03:53 PM
i nearly killed myself climbing over all the dead horses in here. :D someone said brett told the jets that they may want to think about going in a different direction for qb next year. is this true? :roll: if so...why didn't he just stay retired? i don't really expect an answer for the latter. :D

Yeah that was me. I think it was a Peter King story or something in which he heard Favre told the GM it may be time to look in a different direction at QB, but the GM said take your time and think it through.

MOBB DEEP
01-06-2009, 10:10 PM
without favre, bird, ewing, and frank winters sports SUCK......

Bretsky
01-06-2009, 10:20 PM
let me be the first to throw out a jaded negative thought

Don't be surprised if Favre tries to get the Jets to release him and make him a UFA

It would not surprise me if the Jets GM convinced Favre to give it a try and even though out there this could occur if he didn't like NY

Brett Favre.......Unrestricted Free Agent

The Jets would get scorched........but they need the cap space

packinpatland
01-06-2009, 10:28 PM
I just want it to end.

Pacopete4
01-07-2009, 11:21 PM
let me be the first to throw out a jaded negative thought

Don't be surprised if Favre tries to get the Jets to release him and make him a UFA

It would not surprise me if the Jets GM convinced Favre to give it a try and even though out there this could occur if he didn't like NY

Brett Favre.......Unrestricted Free Agent

The Jets would get scorched........but they need the cap space

its gonna pain me inside seeing him in a bears or vikings uniform.. but oh well, if it happens at least I get to continue watching him play football...

hell the if the Vikings really want that stadium anytime this century, they should be hoping he gets to free agency because he still puts asses in the seats

LL2
01-07-2009, 11:33 PM
I just want it to end.

Puleeaase Brett ...make it end! Also, do the right thing by signing a 1 day contract and retire as a Packer again.

Harlan Huckleby
01-08-2009, 07:33 AM
my NYR is still intact. :lol:

You're still intact!? Mary, Mother of God!

packinpatland
01-08-2009, 10:26 AM
I just want it to end.

Puleeaase Brett ...make it end! Also, do the right thing by signing a 1 day contract and retire as a Packer again.

TT would never let Brett sign a one day contract.........unless it said:
'THIS CONTRACT WILL SELF DESTRUCT 24 HOURS AFTER SIGNING'

retailguy
01-08-2009, 11:03 AM
I just want it to end.

I don't want it to end. Ever. I want this thread to reach 1,000 pages. It'll be the longest thread in the history of PR.

Tex is trying but, "FYI", has never caught around here. We need an endless thread. This one gets my vote.

channtheman
01-08-2009, 11:15 AM
This thread is off to a fairly good start for an endless thread. Maybe once Favre retires once and for all we can get some people to report on when he mows his lawn and stuff like that.

bobblehead
01-08-2009, 11:36 AM
I just want it to end.

You display your inability to understand people better right here than you have at any point I have been on packerrats (including sarah palin...hah...you can't respond to my shot..NYR).

TT would sign brett and allow him to retire a packer the SECOND he got the call. He would then praise brett as a great packer, face of the franchise ect ect. TT is not a vindictive prick, he is a pragmatist...and he would love for brett to retire a packer and put the past behind him.

packinpatland
01-08-2009, 11:44 AM
I just want it to end.

You display your inability to understand people better right here than you have at any point I have been on packerrats (including sarah palin...hah...you can't respond to my shot..NYR).

TT would sign brett and allow him to retire a packer the SECOND he got the call. He would then praise brett as a great packer, face of the franchise ect ect. TT is not a vindictive prick, he is a pragmatist...and he would love for brett to retire a packer and put the past behind him.

Give me a break :roll: (I haven't used :roll: in a long time)
What you said is pretty much what I meant. TT would make darn well sure it was a 1 day contract, all the t's crosssed, i's dotted. "TT is not a vindictive prick".......I didn't say nor imply that.

KYPack
01-08-2009, 12:47 PM
This thread is off to a fairly good start for an endless thread. Maybe once Favre retires once and for all we can get some people to report on when he mows his lawn and stuff like that.

To be a proper endless thread, we will eventually have to stop discussing Favre at all. The thread needs to wander off and cover the world economy or scuba diving or something.

packers11
01-08-2009, 01:33 PM
pft.com

FAVRE WATCH WON’T END WITH A PRESS CONFERENCE
Posted by Tim MacMahon on January 8, 2009, 2:09 p.m.

The annual Brett Favre retirement watch will not end with a press conference. Favre told ESPN’s Ed Werder that if he decides to retire, he will do so outside of the public eye.

“I’m an emotional guy, and I’m sure people are tired of seeing me get emotional,” he said. “People would probably say, ‘Oh, here he goes again.’ I think it would just be better for me to just thank the Jets, and I sincerely mean that. It was well worth what I invested. But I’m going to just quietly step away if that’s what happens.”

It does seem fitting to hold only one teary retirement press conference per career, and Favre fired that bullet last year in Green Bay before later changing his mind.

The will-he-or-won’t-he-retire drama will last at least several weeks, though. According to Favre, Jets general manager Mike Tannenbaum will call him in a month to discuss his possible return to the Jets. Favre isn’t sure whether he’ll have a decision made by then.

“I have the ability to turn it off just like that,” he said. “I don’t feel I have anything else to prove. Do I have to redeem myself for the last five games? No. I could be trying to do that until I’m 60 years old. There is nothing left out there for me from that standpoint. I’m disappointed with the last five games, sure, but I know I did everything I could have.”

Guiness
01-08-2009, 01:42 PM

To be a proper endless thread, we will eventually have to stop discussing Favre at all. The thread needs to wander off and cover the world economy or scuba diving or something.

Maybe, but we can keep it going with a John Deer vs Club Cadet debate for a while.

packinpatland
01-08-2009, 02:59 PM

Maybe, but we can keep it going with a John Deer vs Club Cadet debate for a while.

OK, but we need to throw Snapper in the debate then too. Isn't that the mower of choice for Favre? Which I never understood.....while he was with GB, why didn't JD approach him to be their spokesperson....I mean, the colors were right.....
I myself have a JD lawn tractor....and like it alot.

Fritz
01-08-2009, 03:13 PM
pft.com

FAVRE WATCH WON’T END WITH A PRESS CONFERENCE
Posted by Tim MacMahon on January 8, 2009, 2:09 p.m.

The annual Brett Favre retirement watch will not end with a press conference. Favre told ESPN’s Ed Werder that if he decides to retire, he will do so outside of the public eye.

“I’m an emotional guy, and I’m sure people are tired of seeing me get emotional,” he said. “People would probably say, ‘Oh, here he goes again.’ I think it would just be better for me to just thank the Jets, and I sincerely mean that. It was well worth what I invested. But I’m going to just quietly step away if that’s what happens.”

It does seem fitting to hold only one teary retirement press conference per career, and Favre fired that bullet last year in Green Bay before later changing his mind.

The will-he-or-won’t-he-retire drama will last at least several weeks, though. According to Favre, Jets general manager Mike Tannenbaum will call him in a month to discuss his possible return to the Jets. Favre isn’t sure whether he’ll have a decision made by then.

“I have the ability to turn it off just like that,” he said. “I don’t feel I have anything else to prove. Do I have to redeem myself for the last five games? No. I could be trying to do that until I’m 60 years old. There is nothing left out there for me from that standpoint. I’m disappointed with the last five games, sure, but I know I did everything I could have.”

You guys are shooting your other-topics load far too soon. The way Favre seems to be - see boldface part of quote above - it may be months before he decides (for the moment) whether to retire or not. If this thread is going to be the gobstopper of threads, it needs to work the Favre angle much longer. And Favre seems willing to accommodate.

packinpatland
01-08-2009, 03:18 PM
"I’m disappointed with the last five games, sure, but I know I did everything I could have.”

Herein lies the answer to the whole thing. He didn't play well, he acknowledges it. He did everything he could......it wasn't enough.
It's OK to retire, honest Brett.

Fritz
01-08-2009, 03:19 PM
I think he did that last year, though, too. Acknowledged his disappointment in that last interception, disappointment in the last game, but said he'd done all he could.

Cue up that record, Brett. So far it's sounding the same.

KYPack
01-08-2009, 05:32 PM
This go round should be a little different for Brett. He needs surgery on that tendon if he wants to keep playing. He has to get that going real quick here if he expects to play next season.

I think Brett was legit last year. He was burned out like crazy after last season and felt like hanging 'em up. Then spring rolled around and he felt like playing.

If he does that this year, the train will have left the station. The Jet's, the Bears, the Vikes, nobody can take him on with as far behind as he'll be.

Brett really is selfish and crazy. It's not an act or thought out, he's the same old self-centered wild man we all know. This year it may not work out for him. Even after all this shit he's put the world thru, I feel sorry for BLF. He's just a Peter pan who can't help himself.

mraynrand
01-08-2009, 05:37 PM
Is Brett Favre still alive?

packinpatland
01-08-2009, 06:19 PM
Maybe Brett has a little bit of Yogi in him......

"I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up I change bats.... After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?" :lol:

MJZiggy
01-08-2009, 07:24 PM
He'll be retired by the end of February.

retailguy
01-08-2009, 07:27 PM
He'll be unretired by the end of June.

GrnBay007
01-08-2009, 07:34 PM
Even after all this shit he's put the world thru, I feel sorry for BLF. He's just a Peter pan who can't help himself.

I don't think he put the world "thru" anything. He did what he felt he had to do by playing in 2008. I won't knock him for that.

Anyway, everyone loved Peter Pan, right? :D :P

channtheman
01-08-2009, 08:36 PM
New info on Favre. Apparently now he won't make his decision for a month.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9049562/Favre:-I-won%27t-make-my-decision-for-%27a-month%27

packinpatland
01-08-2009, 08:47 PM
"I'm not going to make any excuses," he said. "If I'm going to play, then I have a responsibility to play at a high level, and I just didn't get it done. I tried to be the best leader I could be, do all the right things and, as I look back, I have no regrets."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEbgB6X6S5c

Frank was from Hoboken. Hoboken is near the Meadowlands. The Jets play in the Meadowlands. Favre played for the Jets...........I'm not Kevin Bacon, can't come up with three more...... :lol:

channtheman
01-08-2009, 08:52 PM
You know what I find kind of funny is that Favre is told to get away from it all and just not think about football, so what does he do? He goes right to the media and talks about football. He's always done this and I've always thought he was funny those times too.

I'm curious to see if he REALLY slips away in a private retirement note and doesn't make it a big deal. I'm actually thinking he wants to do a private thing so that he can come back much easier and say that it never happened.

packinpatland
01-08-2009, 08:57 PM
You know what I find kind of funny is that Favre is told to get away from it all and just not think about football, so what does he do? He goes right to the media and talks about football. He's always done this and I've always thought he was funny those times too.

I'm curious to see if he REALLY slips away in a private retirement note and doesn't make it a big deal. I'm actually thinking he wants to do a private thing so that he can come back much easier and say that it never happened.

The Jets last game was Dec. 27, two weeks ago. I wouldn't call that 'going right to the media'...............I know......splitting hairs.

PaCkFan_n_MD
01-08-2009, 09:25 PM
I have a feeling that Brett has one more season left in him. The Jets have nothing better at QB and in a couple months when summer gets close I don't think he will resist the temptation of playing football.

Also, I wonder when Brett will back out of the pro bowl again.
:)

GrnBay007
01-08-2009, 10:14 PM

Yeah, I'm sure Brett RUNS to the media. :roll: Ever think maybe they dog the livin shit out of him?

channtheman
01-08-2009, 10:58 PM

Yeah, I'm sure Brett RUNS to the media. :roll: Ever think maybe they dog the livin shit out of him?

Considering he's talked about his retirement for the last ten years, I'm sure that the media doesn't have to try hard to find him and get him to talk. :wink:

GrnBay007
01-08-2009, 11:09 PM
Considering he's talked about his retirement for the last ten years, I'm sure that the media doesn't have to try hard to find him and get him to talk. :wink:

I talk about retirement....and I'm no where near it! :P

cpk1994
01-08-2009, 11:25 PM

Yeah, I'm sure Brett RUNS to the media. :roll: Ever think maybe they dog the livin shit out of him?Yeah, becuase Favre turning an interview with Mort about the SuperBowl into the retirement decision is dogging the shit out of him. :roll:

gex
01-09-2009, 12:01 AM

Yeah, I'm sure Brett RUNS to the media. :roll: Ever think maybe they dog the livin shit out of him?Yeah, becuase Favre turning an interview with Mort about the SuperBowl into the retirement decision is dogging the shit out of him. :roll:

Please cpk, tell us exactly how the whole media thing works. Your such the expert. Do they sit in their office and wait for the news to come to them or are they chasing after it and/or making it up and asking questions that are made to elicit the response that they were looking for. Now, please do your flip-flop and defend the media that you bash in every other one of your posts :roll:

channtheman
01-09-2009, 12:21 AM

Please cpk, tell us exactly how the whole media thing works. Your such the expert. Do they sit in their office and wait for the news to come to them or are they chasing after it and/or making it up and asking questions that are made to elicit the response that they were looking for. Now, please do your flip-flop and defend the media that you bash in every other one of your posts :roll:

Damn three eye rolls in three consecutive posts. Maybe if you guys weren't always sarcastic you could get a meaningful conversation going, eh? Just Kidding! :roll:

EDIT: I feel like a jackass posting the eye roll even though it was part of a joke.

cpk1994
01-09-2009, 06:05 AM

You obviously didn't read my post. Unchapping your lips from Favre's ass will allow to see and read many great things. I'll slow this down for you so your mental capacity can pick this up:

1. Chris Mortensen went to Mississippi to do an interview of Favre thge week before SuperBowl XL.

2.The subject of the intervew was to be Favre's SuperBowl experiences.

3. Favre, without prompt, started once again talked about his possible retirement.

4. According to to 007, Favre never runs to the media about that stuff.

5. 1 thru 3 kill argument in 4.

Get it?

Fritz
01-09-2009, 06:11 AM
Ah, Brett Favre. Nothing to do in Mississippi until the grass starts growing again in March or April.

I hope he makes a decision, makes it fairly soon, and sticks with it.

It'd be sad to see him become a clown right at the end of his career. He certainly started off as one, but he seemed to grow up quite a bit.

packinpatland
01-09-2009, 07:13 AM
1. Chris Mortensen went to Mississippi to do an interview of Favre thge week before SuperBowl XL.

If you believe that was the real reason he went down there, then there's this really cool, to be built bridge, in Alaska you might like to invest in.......

b bulldog
01-09-2009, 07:18 AM
To some people in here, has Brett done anything wrong. It is crazy, someone says something a tad negative and they get jumped on by the usual people. LOL

Fritz
01-09-2009, 07:30 AM

If you believe that was the real reason he went down there, then there's this really cool, to be built bridge, in Alaska you might like to invest in.......

Actually, they did build that bridge. Sarah Palin said she opposed it, but in fact she supported it for a long time - pretty much until she was chosen to be the sexiest VP pick ever.

Pacopete4
01-09-2009, 07:33 AM
To some people in here, has Brett done anything wrong. It is crazy, someone says something a tad negative and they get jumped on by the usual people. LOL

Kinda like the same people come in here and say nothing positive about the guy so that's where people like me, a favre supporter get sick of it. Thru week 12, these people didn't show their face in this thread. Now they take every shot they can. Talk about classless pussies!

Fritz
01-09-2009, 07:35 AM

Kinda like the same people come in here and say nothing positive about the guy so that's where people like me, a favre supporter get sick of it. Thru week 12, these people didn't show their face in this thread. Now they take every shot they can. Talk about classless pussies!

Does that mean you're a classy dick?

cpk1994
01-09-2009, 08:35 AM

If you believe that was the real reason he went down there, then there's this really cool, to be built bridge, in Alaska you might like to invest in.......Considering that Mort was working oin a piece for SuperBowl week and Favre wasn't the only one he interviewed, Yes. And once again. Mort never asked him about retirement. Favre brought it up.

cpk1994
01-09-2009, 08:37 AM

Kinda like the same people come in here and say nothing positive about the guy so that's where people like me, a favre supporter get sick of it. Thru week 12, these people didn't show their face in this thread. Now they take every shot they can. Talk about classless pussies!And you are not a classless pussy when you take a shot at TT every chance you get? Pot, let me introduce you to Ketlle.

packrat
01-09-2009, 08:57 AM
Fritz, check your facts--the bridge never did get built!

packinpatland
01-09-2009, 09:00 AM
Fritz, check your facts--the bridge never did get built!

I was going to say that ^, but didn't want to jeopardize my NYR. :lol:

As to:
Considering that Mort was working oin a piece for SuperBowl week and Favre wasn't the only one he interviewed, Yes. And once again. Mort never asked him about retirement. Favre brought it up.

I'm going to have to go and see if I can find the actual interview. Somehow, and I could be wrong, have been before, but I don't remember it that way.

channtheman
01-09-2009, 03:41 PM

To be honest I only started showing up in this thread because people kept bumping it to the top and I am more interested in the will he won't he retirement drama than his play in the season. My comments are meant to be light hearted and things everyone can enjoy. It is no secret that Favre has been talking about his retirement for the last ten years, even though most football players don't start talking about it until the year or the year that they do retire. Favre likes the attention and we all give it to him, so can we blame him?

packinpatland
01-09-2009, 04:58 PM

To be honest I only started showing up in this thread because people kept bumping it to the top and I am more interested in the will he won't he retirement drama than his play in the season. My comments are meant to be light hearted and things everyone can enjoy. It is no secret that Favre has been talking about his retirement for the last ten years, even though most football players don't start talking about it until the year or the year that they do retire. Favre likes the attention and we all give it to him, so can we blame him?

At last count, I have 11 books on Brett Favre (all gotten as gifts....my daughters are at a loss now)......the great majority he didn't have anything to do with. How about the multiple TV specials that made him 'A Legend', '4-Ever'?
That was my point awhile back..........he is what GB, the media, and we the fans created.

Rastak
01-09-2009, 05:08 PM
My take on Favre is that he'll retire. BUT, the Jets are projected way over the cap. If he sits tight until the Jets are required to get under the cap this spring they'll have to cut him.

That leads to the speculation that he's want to join Bevell and Childress if he could. If he feels like he's healthy enough then he might try and do that.

My take? I'd be fine with him for the first 8 games until he started wearing out, then somebody else has to take over. Minnesota has some interesting offensive potential which he might be interested in. If Rice gets healthy, he and Wade are well suited for the short slants and such that he did so well in Green Bay. The offense in Minnesota suits him but the dude is old and he ain't got much left.

HarveyWallbangers
01-09-2009, 05:15 PM
If Rice gets healthy, he and Wade are well suited for the short slants and such that he did so well in Green Bay.

I'm not sure about this.

Rastak
01-09-2009, 05:17 PM
If Rice gets healthy, he and Wade are well suited for the short slants and such that he did so well in Green Bay.

I'm not sure about this.

I am :)

Then again, I ain't always right!

HarveyWallbangers
01-09-2009, 05:19 PM
To me, if he progresses, Rice will be more like Cris Carter. I know many say you want a fearless and bigger guy catching slants, but to me the best guy running slants is somebody that is quick and runs crisp routes. Jerry Rice being the best example. Greg Jennings being the latest example. I'm not sure Wade is quick enough or Rice is crisp enough in his route running.

Rastak
01-09-2009, 05:24 PM
To me, if he progresses, Rice will be more like Cris Carter. I know many say you want a fearless and bigger guy catching slants, but to me the best guy running slants is somebody that is quick and runs crisp routes. Jerry Rice being the best example. Greg Jennings being the latest example. I'm not sure Wade is quick enough or Rice is crisp enough in his route running.

No, Rice admitted he couldn't cut most of the year after he tore his PCL (I think it was his PCL)

. I agree, quick cuts are a must. He has great hands and IF (I admit) IF his route running improves with his health he'll be good. Wade is a great YAC guy and is good on slants now.

Neither one of the two is as explosive as Jennings though. TT has to get an A+ for that pick.

MOBB DEEP
01-09-2009, 11:49 PM

'K

cpk1994
01-10-2009, 06:28 AM
My take on Favre is that he'll retire. But, the Jets are projected way over the cap. If he sits tight until the Jets are required to get under the cap this spring they'll have to cut him.
The flaw here is that Woody Johnson desperately wants Favre for another year. They will get under the cap WITH Favre on that list. IF Brett tries to pull that stunt again, the NY media is going to make him wish he was still having his ass kissed by the MJS.

vince
01-10-2009, 04:31 PM
My take on Favre is that he'll retire. BUT, the Jets are projected way over the cap. If he sits tight until the Jets are required to get under the cap this spring they'll have to cut him.

That leads to the speculation that he's want to join Bevell and Childress if he could. If he feels like he's healthy enough then he might try and do that.

My take? I'd be fine with him for the first 8 games until he started wearing out, then somebody else has to take over. Minnesota has some interesting offensive potential which he might be interested in. If Rice gets healthy, he and Wade are well suited for the short slants and such that he did so well in Green Bay. The offense in Minnesota suits him but the dude is old and he ain't got much left.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3136/2690700258_69ab64bc7d.jpg

Pugger
01-11-2009, 11:19 AM
My neighbor from MN teased me this morning telling me the Packers were gonna take Brett back. I said no thanks, you guys can have him!! :wink:

BTP
01-14-2009, 12:19 AM
here a little present to the board :lol:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v80/BackThePack/Favre.jpg

packinpatland
01-15-2009, 03:57 PM
"Hamlet in chin-strap . . . refusing to ever take a knee"

This was too good not to post.
The reasons for Favre NOT to retire are laugh out loud :lol: "* Even in wheelchair, can always beat Chicago." :lol:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-erskine15-2009jan15,0,2017690.column

Brett Favre has earned the right to write his own ending
He's getting a lot of advice after less-than-stellar finish to his season with the Jets, but the gritty, grim quarterback deserves NFL's respect and admiration.
Chris Erskine
January 15, 2009
I have been, for many years now, a connoisseur of great endings. Ice Bowls, Kirk Gibson home runs, and Dorothy discovering it was all only a dream. I'm a sucker for such stuff. But what are the alternatives? Cynicism, then death? I've been in California too long for that to happen. I prefer unbridled optimism and the sunshine with which to find it.

Which brings us to the happy-or-sad saga of Brett Lorenzo Favre, a quarterback of some distinction who last year left the Great White North for the friendly confines of New York City, where the munchkins are now hovering all around him, offering their sage, munchkinly advice. Just insane, isn't it?

You've got that snot-bubble Thomas Jones calling him out after the Jets' collapse down the stretch. Apparently Jones, a middling running back who had his first Pro Bowl year with Favre at the helm, is too stoned on his own wonderfulness to remember the Jets' going 4-12 last season.

Before Favre arrived, the Jets were the French Foreign Legion of football, an outpost, a place of misfits and crushed souls. Under Favre, they started out an amazing 8-3, till someone banged up his right wing, after which Favre couldn't throw a gum wrapper out a car window without Brandon Flowers picking it off.

Admittedly, it was a not-so-great ending to what looked like a fairy-tale year. But I guess that's New York for you. Only Amy Adams and Meg Ryan find happy endings in the concrete apple. For the rest of us, there is only disappointment and midwinter slush.

Thing is, Brett Favre is a national treasure, ask almost anybody. Forget the recent interceptions for a moment and think about whom you'd rather watch. Brett Favre or Jake Delhomme? Brett Favre or Joe Flacco? Kyle Orton? The estimable Kellen Clemens (Favre's backup)?

No, I'm guessing most fans would prefer to turn on the tube to find No. 4 performing on a wintry day, when the dark sky makes it look as if the world is about to collapse -- conditions are muddy, war-like, and there is the very real possibility that you might witness the greatest ending ever. For all his wear and tear, you still get that feeling with Favre, that you might see something just extraordinary.

Because the NFL, at its very best, isn't computer graphics and referees studying replays, in those weird hooded cubicles (like priests). The real NFL is the gritty, grim and whiskered visage of Favre squinting at the strong safety, playing poker in the snow. That's magic. That's football. That's the kind of moment that has made No. 4 the most popular player of the modern era.

With all its technology, the NFL should be trying to figure out how to copy and paste Favre across the league, not ways to drive him out.

As I often do to get through a day, I have been making lists -- shave, get dressed, breathe deep, that sort of thing. In this case, I'm making lists for Favre. Does he stay or go? Pro and cons. Pluses and minuses. It's almost impossible not to have a little fun.

Reasons for Favre to retire

* Keeps falling asleep in huddles.

* During coin flip, refs offer him an AARP discount.

* CBS planning new show: "CSI: Brett Favre."

Reasons for Favre not to retire

* A little gut looks good on a quarterback.

* There are still 29 teams he hasn't played for.

* Even in wheelchair, can always beat Chicago.

Meanwhile, down deep in the swamps, where the best quarterbacks seem to emerge from the ooze, they're getting ready to appoint Favre's air apparent. Tim Tebow -- rhymes with TiVo -- is Florida's rhapsody in blue and orange. By the time he's done next season, Tebow may be the first collegiate player to win both the Heisman and the Nobel Prize. A little too good to be true, Tebow is, but if I have to choose between him and Pacman . . . well, you know.

Yet, for all his considerable gifts, I get the nagging feeling that the young Gator might be the next Bobby Douglass, a big southpaw who's neither a true thrower nor runner, the kind of hybrid who always puzzles the pro game's offensive geniuses. Hope I'm wrong, which has happened (check preceding paragraph). Honestly, I hope Tebow reinvents the game.

Till that happens, I'm praying to get another 100,000 miles out of Favre, a quarterback with more arm and a herculean heart. (Talk about dream matchups, how about Favre against Tebow? In the snow, of course.)

See, Favre loves football the way I love raindrops on roses and meatballs on toothpicks. This retirement of his is a complicated saga, deeply personal and compounded by the fact that even when he goes, he sometimes ends up staying. There is something marvelous and vaguely Shakespearean in his grinding passions for our national game.

Hamlet in chin-strap . . . refusing to ever take a knee.

Fritz
01-15-2009, 05:04 PM
As a Packer fan, my opinion of that article is that I hope the Packers and Jets work out a deal where the Jets can trade Favre to the Vikes and the Pack will accept "only" a second round pick from Minnesota. The Queens would give the Jets a third, the Pack a second, and Favre gets one more year - in a dome.

That's my fantasy.

Rastak
01-15-2009, 05:15 PM
As a Packer fan, my opinion of that article is that I hope the Packers and Jets work out a deal where the Jets can trade Favre to the Vikes and the Pack will accept "only" a second round pick from Minnesota. The Queens would give the Jets a third, the Pack a second, and Favre gets one more year - in a dome.

That's my fantasy.

Dream on.

My understanding is that the Jets are over the cap. If he sits tight they are NOT going to want to carry that cap number and prune the roster down. In addition, is a new coach going to want to have his first year be with an old guy at QB? I would guess the new coach will want to start the transition to a new QB right away. In addition, I doubt they'd get squat for him. If he doesn't announce his retirement before the Jets need to get within the cap, he'll get released.

Freak Out
01-15-2009, 05:17 PM
Snot bubble? Damn....or as Mobb would say..."dayum!"

channtheman
01-15-2009, 06:55 PM
There are a few things I would like to point out about that article.

1. Thomas Jones wasn't on that 4-12 team was he? I thought the Jets just got him this year (same as Favre). Am I wrong here?

2. The Jets weren't the worst teams ever the past few years. They merely flip flopped their record every other season, with years when Pennington was healthy, they were actually better and went to the playoffs.

3. It says he can always beat the Bears, even in a wheelchair, when Favre actually lost to the Bears twice last year with one of those losses on MM (the first) and the second on Favre.

No I don't hate Favre, but the facts are there and it's clear that the person who wrote that article did not do their research.

Bretsky
01-15-2009, 07:54 PM

1. Thomas Jones wasn't on that 4-12 team was he? I thought the Jets just got him this year (same as Favre). Am I wrong here?

2. The Jets weren't the worst teams ever the past few years. They merely flip flopped their record every other season, with years when Pennington was healthy, they were actually better and went to the playoffs.

3. It says he can always beat the Bears, even in a wheelchair, when Favre actually lost to the Bears twice last year with one of those losses on MM (the first) and the second on Favre.

No I don't hate Favre, but the facts are there and it's clear that the person who wrote that article did not do their research.

1. Yes, you are wrong; I think Jones has not played two years for the Jets
2. True
3. So what is Favre's record against the Bears ? Give me the facts.

Fritz
01-15-2009, 07:59 PM

That's my fantasy.

Dream on.

My understanding is that the Jets are over the cap. If he sits tight they are NOT going to want to carry that cap number and prune the roster down. In addition, is a new coach going to want to have his first year be with an old guy at QB? I would guess the new coach will want to start the transition to a new QB right away. In addition, I doubt they'd get squat for him. If he doesn't announce his retirement before the Jets need to get within the cap, he'll get released.

Does this mean I won't get a night with Pam Anderson either??

channtheman
01-15-2009, 10:23 PM

1. Yes, you are wrong; I think Jones has not played two years for the Jets
2. True
3. So what is Favre's record against the Bears ? Give me the facts.

Sure he's had a lot of success against the Bears but coming off of losing like 5 out his last 6 (or something, I know it's a lot since Lovie took over), it isn't exactly a good time to say Favre owns the Bears and could in a wheelchair. It clearly isn't true, anymore.

packinpatland
01-15-2009, 10:44 PM
Come on........where's your sense of humor?

I take that back.......maybe you don't need a sense of humor....just the facts. :lol:

Q. What is Brett Favre's career win-loss record versus the Bears?

A. Brett Favre is 22-8 against the Bears. That's his most career regular-season wins against any opponent.

http://www.packers.com/team/stats/ask_elias/

Cleft Crusty
01-15-2009, 11:30 PM
I notice the continued predilection of comparing Favre with Hamlet, ostensibly because they share the same indecisive nature. However, I see a comparison far more grim; namely that Favre, as he ponders and wavers over his retirement, ultimately succeeds in poisoning everyone around him, until at last, with not one, not two, but three agonal gasps, finally expires after tossing one final touchdown. O, bitter victory! O, I am slain! (dies)

cpk1994
01-16-2009, 09:03 AM

That's my fantasy.Have you gotten into Ty's supply of crack?

Fritz
01-16-2009, 11:19 AM
"A man has gotta dream...it's in his nature."

Death of a Salesman

sheepshead
01-21-2009, 08:02 AM
Rex, forget Favre and check out options

Bob Glauber
January 21, 2009

Rex Ryan will be officially introduced today as the Jets' coach, and it won't be long before reporters grill him on the biggest issue he faces: What to do with Brett Favre?

The 39-year-old quarterback continues to deliberate about his future at his Mississippi home and may not have an answer for several weeks. And Ryan will in all likelihood dance around the issue out of respect to Favre.

But with the first-year head coach coming off a season watching a rookie quarterback lead the Ravens to the AFC Championship Game, and with Favre coming off a season in which he imploded down the stretch, it is understandable if Ryan wishes to proceed with a different quarterback in 2009.

OK, let me put that a different way: If Ryan thinks Favre is the answer, he's nuts.

Favre is long past his prime, had arm problems late in the season and lost four of his last five games, throwing two touchdown passes and nine interceptions. His partially torn right biceps might need surgery. But does Ryan really want an aging, ailing quarterback for his first season?

If there's any doubt, perhaps Ryan should look at Favre's downward trend the last four seasons. In December games since 2005, Favre has thrown 13 TD passes and 31 interceptions.

The numbers don't lie.

Favre has been a pleasure to watch for the majority of his mostly brilliant career. Believe me, there is no joy in writing that it is time to retire. But the time comes for all the great ones, and Favre's time has come. It is over. So what does Ryan do at football's most important position? There are plenty of options to deal with life after Favre:

Sign Matt Cassel in a nanosecond if he's a free agent

OK, so it's not going to happen, because the Patriots are almost certain to use the franchise tag on Cassel with the uncertainty surrounding Tom Brady's recovery from knee surgery. But stranger things have happened. If the Pats let him go, it's a no-brainer to go after him.

Trade for Derek Anderson

The Browns quarterback will almost certainly be on the market after losing his job to Brady Quinn. If former Jets coach Eric Mangini, now the Browns' boss, wants to keep one or the other, Anderson would surely be the one to go.

I think he is a decent quarterback who was caught up in an awful situation this season. He's 25. He's 6-5, 230. He has a big arm. In 2007, he threw for 29 TDs and ran for three. This season, with Quinn hovering and a preseason concussion leaving Anderson unprepared for the regular season, he stumbled badly. But there is still something there. He's worth consideration.

Bring back Kellen Clemens and Brett Ratliff

Let them slug it out in a training-camp competition.

This is the most viable option, and it's likely to happen. Clemens still has a year left on his rookie contract, and Ratliff showed plenty of promise.

A few minutes after Favre was introduced at a news conference in Cleveland after his Aug. 6 trade, Ratliff put on a terrific show in his only meaningful playing time in the preseason. His first pass was a 71-yard touchdown to David Clowney, and Ratliff also threw a 70-yard TD to Clowney. Ratliff turned into an afterthought once Favre came aboard, but his performance in preseason, when he outplayed Clemens, should not be forgotten.

Clemens believes he's better for having been around Favre and Chad Pennington, and there's no reason not to give him one more shot. He might not have it, but sometimes it takes a few years for the light to come on for a quarterback.

Draft a quarterback

Forget about Georgia's Matthew Stafford. He'll be a Lion in 2009. But USC's Mark Sanchez might be there at No. 17, or the Jets can try to move up. Sanchez may not be ready to play right away, but that's what the Ravens thought about Joe Flacco.

There are other options, none of them likely or palatable. Kurt Warner's contract is up, but he won't play anywhere but Arizona. Kerry Collins wants to start in Tennessee or retire. Rex Grossman is far too erratic.

The preference here: Trade for Anderson, bring back Clemens and Ratliff, and let the thing play itself out.

Sign free agent Byron Leftwich

The Steelers' backup did well in limited action in place of the injured Ben Roethlisberger. With starting experience from his days in Jacksonville, it's too soon to write him off as a full-time starter.

Harlan Huckleby
01-21-2009, 09:08 AM
The 39-year-old quarterback continues to deliberate

ahhh yes, memories.

Fosco33
01-23-2009, 10:28 AM
Anyone catch the cartoon in a new york paper by Walk Handelsman...

two Jets fans pondering.

1st guy, "...think Favre should throw in the towel?..."
2nd guy, "...it would probably be intercepted."

sheepshead
01-23-2009, 11:15 AM
http://www.instantrimshot.com/

digitaldean
01-23-2009, 12:27 PM
Even Ron Jaworski was quoted as saying that NOW is the time to ditch Favre and build around a new QB.

Jets are already over the cap and Favre would make $13 million this season.

Harlan Huckleby
01-23-2009, 01:01 PM
Sounds like the Vikings is the place.

Pacopete4
01-23-2009, 02:18 PM
Go get em Brett!!!!

if hes coming back, do it for his reasons... not cuz someone tells u to keep playing or not, but comeback because u love to play and can still do it.. and thats that!

sheepshead
01-23-2009, 03:09 PM
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e102/heymike0308/th_We_Love_Brett_Favre.jpg (http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e102/heymike0308/?action=view&current=We_Love_Brett_Favre.flv)

KYPack
01-23-2009, 03:56 PM
This is gonna happen, ain't it?

RashanGary
01-23-2009, 04:11 PM

What's happening?

KYPack
01-23-2009, 04:16 PM

What's happening?

The whole swirl of speculation around Brett with the main ? being whether or not he'll go to the Vikings.

Oh shit, just shoot me.

Tyrone Bigguns
01-23-2009, 04:57 PM

That's my fantasy.Have you gotten into Ty's supply of crack?

Some things arent' funny....like joking about someone getting into my supply.

The Shadow
01-23-2009, 05:07 PM
Sounds like the Vikings is the place.

Fine with me.
Wouldn't at all mind him -with his current skills levels - in the division.

woodbuck27
01-23-2009, 05:08 PM
If I was Ted Thompson and I could swing a three way deal ( Packers-Jets-any other team) that in any way, would project into the future as a Packer benefit.

I'd allow Favre to try to play anywhere now. Even the Vikings.

Favre looks done.

I say he should retire and that hurts with him being so close to the consecutive all position games start record. He should have retire by now though so maybe it's another here we go again. I refuse that scenario, to in anyway affect me ever again. :D

GO PACKERS!

Tyrone Bigguns
01-23-2009, 05:14 PM

I'm not sure about this.

I am :)

Then again, I ain't always right!

Wade..short slants? Unless you are content with only gaining the passing yads and no YAC..sounds great.

Wade has no wheels.

woodbuck27
01-23-2009, 05:57 PM
If I was Ted Thompson and I could swing a three way deal ( Packers-Jets-any other team) that in any way, would project into the future as a Packer benefit.

I'd allow Favre to try to play anywhere now. Even the Vikings.

Favre looks done.

I say he should retire and that hurts with him being so close to the consecutive all position games start record. He should have retire by now though so maybe it's another here we go again. I refuse that scenario, to in anyway affect me ever again. :D

GO PACKERS!

Then there's this:

01-21-2009, 07:08 PM
The Green Titan
Veteran Join Date: Dec 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Actually the list is pretty big

Quarterback:

Patrick Ramsey, UFA, Denver Broncos
Charlie Batch, UFA, Pittsburgh Steelers
Kyle Boller, UFA, Baltimore Ravens
Matt Cassel, UFA, New England Patriots
Rex Grossman, UFA, Chicago Bears
Byron Leftwich, UFA, Pittsburgh Steelers
J.P. Losman, UFA, Buffalo Bills
Kyle Orton, UFA, Chicago Bears
Kurt Warner, UFA, Arizona Cardinals
Jeff Garcia, UFA, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Charlie Frye UFA Seattle Seahawks
Brooks Bollinger UFA Dallas Cowboys
Chris Simms UFA Tennessee Titans
J.T. O’Sullivan UFA San Francisco 49ers
Matt Gutierrez UFA New England Patriots
Gibran Hamdan UFA Buffalo Bills
Luke McCown UFA Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Brock Berlin RFA St Louis Rams
Shane Boyd RFA Houston Texans

I'd expect a QB to come from FA if Favre doesn't return this year.

And if Favre leaves, I highly doubt that the Jets will go into next year with a rookie QB. I'm telling you right now, and Rex said it, they are on a 4 year mission to the Super Bowl and a "not proven" QB would be too much of a risk for any team with the bar set that high.

Besides, the writings on the wall, Favre is coming back!

GO PACKERS!

packinpatland
01-23-2009, 07:10 PM
I know, I know......rumors..........

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/87373-jets-owner-wants-favre-back

Jets owner wants Favre backViews 66098 Comments 145 05:38 AM ET 01.23 Share Print It My T&R Woody Johnson found his coach this week, now he's turned his eyes to his quarterback - and he's looking at you, Brett Favre. Johnson reiterated his desire to have Favre under center in 2009 on WFAN yesterday afternoon. The Jets owner believes No. 4 is still the answer for the Jets, but he did say new coach Rex Ryan will have input in the decision and general manager Mike Tannenbaum will have final say. "I'm not going to bully them," Johnson said, "but I like [Favre], and I think we can win with him." What does Favre think? No one seems to know. Tannenbaum said Favre is hunting in Louisiana at the moment, and the team does not plan on talking to him until next month to find out if he's leaning toward retirement.

New York Post

GrnBay007
01-30-2009, 08:30 AM
Favre and Jets general manager Mike Tannenbaum will talk after Super Bowl XLIII, a discussion that could occur as early as next week, a league source said Wednesday. The two sides need to discuss whether Favre wants to return for another season in New York and whether the Jets want him back.

They also wanted to wait until the Jets had a new coach, which they now do, and when they knew whether offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer would return to New York, which he will.

Now that those questions have been addressed, it is time to focus on Favre and his future.

While there are questions attached to the various scenarios between Favre and the Jets, there no longer is a question about the condition of the quarterback’s torn biceps tendon. Favre no longer believes he will need surgery on it. It always could change the next time Favre throws, but now, he will not need the surgery that some had forecasted.

But the real questions are whether Favre will play and, if so, where. As early as next week, those answers will begin to crystalize.

Badgerinmaine
01-30-2009, 08:41 AM
Anyone catch the cartoon in a new york paper by Walk Handelsman...

two Jets fans pondering.

1st guy, "...think Favre should throw in the towel?..."
2nd guy, "...it would probably be intercepted."
Here it is:
http://www.cagle.com/working/090106/walthandelsman.jpg

GBRulz
01-30-2009, 09:56 AM
So, if Brett is no longer a Jet, will we have to start a new Brett thread? :P

Patler
01-30-2009, 10:06 AM

"Brett the Viking" doesn't have quite the same ring to it as "Brett the Jet", does it??? :lol: :lol:

Pugger
01-30-2009, 11:19 AM
IF he Jets do indeed give Brett his unconditional release, would the Vikings still want him?? Do they want a 40 year old QB whose best days are clearly behind him with a bum shoulder who has no love for off season conditioning?? :?: Everyone saw how his play plummetted in December. Unless Brett gets himself into football shape in the offseason we will all see a repeat of December 08 in 09.

Harlan Huckleby
01-30-2009, 12:39 PM
"Brett the Viking" doesn't have quite the same ring to it as "Brett the Jet", does it??? :lol: :lol:

"Brett the Queen" works well

DannoMac21
01-30-2009, 01:26 PM

No, you really don't, if he's not a Green Bay Packer.

I think an Ahmad the Jet thread will be necessary then as well.

mraynrand
01-30-2009, 02:04 PM
http://i453.photobucket.com/albums/qq254/mraynrand/vikingfavre2.jpg

LP
01-30-2009, 02:23 PM
Tannenbaum said Favre is hunting in Louisiana at the moment, and the team does not plan on talking to him until next month to find out if he's leaning toward retirement.

New York Post

I thought he was going hunting in PA wth Matt Millen. 8-)

woodbuck27
01-30-2009, 05:30 PM

That's my fantasy.

That seems way to logical for TT.

That would be one of those 'everybody wins' scenarios. Too complicated for Ted Thompson. The Duhhhh Man.

GO PACK GO!

woodbuck27
01-30-2009, 05:34 PM
Favre and Jets general manager Mike Tannenbaum will talk after Super Bowl XLIII, a discussion that could occur as early as next week, a league source said Wednesday. The two sides need to discuss whether Favre wants to return for another season in New York and whether the Jets want him back.

They also wanted to wait until the Jets had a new coach, which they now do, and when they knew whether offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer would return to New York, which he will.

Now that those questions have been addressed, it is time to focus on Favre and his future.

While there are questions attached to the various scenarios between Favre and the Jets, there no longer is a question about the condition of the quarterback’s torn biceps tendon. Favre no longer believes he will need surgery on it. It always could change the next time Favre throws, but now, he will not need the surgery that some had forecasted.

But the real questions are whether Favre will play and, if so, where. As early as next week, those answers will begin to crystalize.

Solid info. LADY. :D

Thank You.

Fosco33
01-30-2009, 06:07 PM
Looking at Favre's performance in cold weather games (playoffs, NFC Championship) as of late & his strange switch in cold weather dominance (overall was 43-5 below 34 degrees before NFC championship last year). But he looked like he - with age only - can't handle playing in the bitter cold.

It may be part of why he plays so well in the first half of seasons as of the last few years.

Being a Viking, you know you have to play 2 outdoor games in the NFC North at a minimum (CHI, GB) - but could be in the beginning of the year (sept 08 with Minny last year) or later in the year... it's a gamble.

But he'd be guaranteed 9 indoor games in the NFC North (8 home, 1 away).

And not have to worry about the cold. Then there's his play inside stadiums (DAL, STL, DET) especially. But he won a Superbowl in NO and made a great throw in a wildcard game vs DET in early career.

Maybe Favre trades off and plays well indoors as of late... and then looks at MN, DET or DAL. No one wants to see Brett be a Lion - it's sad watching them. And Brett won't play for a terrible team. He's not replacing Romo in Dallas either. So it's logical to want to be a Viking.

Should he? No. Not worth it and he doesn't need money or records or rings or accolades - or criticism.

Just retire already - for good this time.

mraynrand
01-30-2009, 06:33 PM
Looking at Favre's performance in cold weather games (playoffs, NFC Championship) as of late & his strange switch in cold weather dominance (overall was 43-5 below 34 degrees before NFC championship last year). But he looked like he - with age only - can't handle playing in the bitter cold.

It may be part of why he plays so well in the first half of seasons as of the last few years.

Being a Viking, you know you have to play 2 outdoor games in the NFC North at a minimum (CHI, GB) - but could be in the beginning of the year (sept 08 with Minny last year) or later in the year... it's a gamble.

And not have to worry about the cold. Then there's his play inside stadiums (DAL, STL, DET) especially. But he won a Superbowl in NO and made a great throw in a wildcard game vs DET in early career.

Maybe Favre trades off and plays well indoors as of late... and then looks at MN, DET or DAL. No one wants to see Brett be a Lion - it's sad watching them. And Brett won't play for a terrible team. He's not replacing Romo in Dallas either. So it's logical to want to be a Viking.

Should he? No. Not worth it and he doesn't need money or records or rings or accolades - or criticism.

Doesn't really explain why he played for shit at SF. Guy is old, was out of shape, and he hurt his shoulder. And for good measure, the team around him didn't exactly play lights out either. With the torn muscle, you would think retiring would be a no-brainer, but Favre doesn't use the rational part of his melon to make these decisions.

cpk1994
01-31-2009, 09:37 AM

Doesn't really explain why he played for shit at SF. Guy is old, was out of shape, and he hurt his shoulder. And for good measure, the team around him didn't exactly play lights out either. With the torn muscle, you would think retiring would be a no-brainer, but Favre doesn't use the rational part of his melon to make these decisions.I'm beginning to wonder if he even has a rational part of his melon. :?:

KYPack
01-31-2009, 10:52 PM
It's the old 112 page thread bump.

Somebody needs to start a cat fight to rev up the thread.

HH, wanna pick on Mad or something?

pbmax
01-31-2009, 11:20 PM
Didn't Woody Johnson also say this week at his presser that he would expect Brett to participate in the offseason program? If that is not just posturing, then it sounds like he is inviting him back publicly but planting the idea that Favre may not want to return under certain conditions.

Harlan Huckleby
01-31-2009, 11:21 PM
Woody Johnson

that's a funny name

Bretsky
01-31-2009, 11:39 PM
Didn't Woody Johnson also say this week at his presser that he would expect Brett to participate in the offseason program? If that is not just posturing, then it sounds like he is inviting him back publicly but planting the idea that Favre may not want to return under certain conditions.

IMO Woody really does want Favre back; the GM is in the middle
And I doubt a new coach would want him

GrnBay007
01-31-2009, 11:43 PM

I bet the Bikini Girls want him to continue to play.

.....now what are you gonna say? lol :twisted:

Bretsky
01-31-2009, 11:45 PM

I bet the Bikini Girls want him to continue to play.

.....now what are you gonna say? lol :twisted:

I suppport anything the Bikini Girls twins want :!:

GrnBay007
01-31-2009, 11:49 PM
:D

MOBB DEEP
02-01-2009, 08:50 AM
is favre still a top 10 qb?

Bretsky
02-01-2009, 09:44 AM
is favre still a top 10 qb?

EZ question without the blinders

NO

Harlan Huckleby
02-01-2009, 12:02 PM
I think Favre is going to play for the Vikings next year. Its a LEGIT shot at a superbowl. Unless the Vikings can lure a better QB, they might as well give the old man a shot. The window closes quickly.

Fritz
02-01-2009, 12:28 PM
Wow..."Woody Johnson" - what a name.

cpk1994
02-01-2009, 01:13 PM
I think Favre is going to play for the Vikings next year. Its a LEGIT shot at a superbowl. Unless the Vikings can lure a better QB, they might as well give the old man a shot. The window closes quickly.And the Vikings would be morons for it. He has a bum shoulder and they have other questions marks, mostly the lard ass twins. Childress has enough problems as it is. He doesn't need the circus coming to town.

Fritz
02-01-2009, 01:30 PM
I like to think the Vikings ARE a circus. Sorry, Ras.

Bretsky
02-01-2009, 01:40 PM
The Vikings would be smart to bring Favre in if he was cut. He needs to be in a dome or hot weather. It's a venue he could do very well at. Sorry cpk; I know your hate disallows you to do anything but rip on Favre in here but he was hurt last year and is suppose to get better w/o the surgery.

Pugger
02-01-2009, 02:10 PM
I'm repeating myself but I wonder if indeed the queens are really interested in Favre. Unless Brett changes his tune and conditions himself like an older player must to withstand the rigors of an NFL season he will run out of steam again come December next year even tho he's playing in that Humpty Dump. And would they/could they pay Brett his accustomed millions? Are they up against the cap? Would they ask Brett to take a pay cut?

This move would really endear himself to Packer fans. :butt: If he did go to the Vikes - if the Jets release him and the queens want him - that would be the last straw for me! :evil: