PDA

View Full Version : Is Favre's Arm Fatigued?

oregonpackfan
08-14-2008, 12:37 AM
Read this article. Do you think his arm is "fatigued" or is it just speculation?

Jets' Favre says arm is 'fatigued'
sports-nfl-20080813-Jets-Fatigued.Favre

Brett Favre looks to throw a pass at the New York Jets' football training fa...
6 hours ago
Loading... 49 Recommendations

HEMPSTEAD, N.Y. (AP) — Brett Favre dropped back, looked downfield and launched a long spiral about 5 yards past his intended receiver. A few plays later, the Jets quarterback short-hopped a toss that thumped into the grass.

``I felt 38 today,'' Favre said Wednesday after New York's morning practice. ``I'm not going to lie to you.''

Favre fired a few duds in his fifth practice since joining the Jets, saying his rocket right arm is a bit tired.

``My arm's kind of dragging a little bit today,'' Favre said. ``It's not really sore, but just fatigued. To be honest with you, I'm surprised that, I don't want to say I feel good, that I've been able to make it through every practice so far.''

Favre was acquired from the Green Bay Packers last Wednesday night, and has been practicing with the Jets since Saturday. He's set to start Saturday's preseason game against the Washington Redskins.

``I didn't throw the ball that well this morning, underthrew some throws,'' Favre said. ``No pain, but I'm 38 years old. It's going to be fatigued a little bit.''

After saying he would talk to coach Eric Mangini about limiting his throws in the early evening practice, Favre took noticeably fewer snaps in 11-on-11 drills. He did open the late session by zipping his first throw into Chansi Stuckey's hands for a touchdown, his arm showing little sign of being tired.

While Brett Ratliff and Kellen Clemens took some of the snaps he normally would take, Favre watched intently from the sideline and occasionally chatted with offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer and quarterbacks coach Brian Daboll.

Favre came up short working the 2-minute offense near the end of practice, throwing incomplete on fourth-and-3 to Stuckey on a pass that was defended well by Drew Coleman.

``My arm, for the most part, has felt great,'' Favre said. ``Legs, a little bit fatigued. You've got to figure I'm a little bit behind some of these guys. I'm a little bit surprised that, up to this point, I've been doing OK.''

Favre retired in March, but then decided he still wanted to play. After a messy divorce with Green Bay, the Packers traded him to New York, where he's going through his 18th training camp.

``I wondered this morning when I got up, 'What in the heck am I doing?''' Favre said. ``The answer to that question is I love to play. I hate to study. At times, I hate to practice, but I love to play. I know I need to study and I know I need to practice and I know how important it is. That doesn't mean I have to like it. The question I have to ask myself is am I willing to do that? And the answer is yes.''

Some have questioned Favre's desire to play in New York after he was linked mostly to Minnesota and Tampa Bay before the Jets made a late push for the three-time MVP.

``People can say what they want,'' said Favre, who has played in a record 253 straight regular-season games. ``Yeah, there were discussions about me going elsewhere before I came here and all that. I am happy to be here. I really am. It's a lot different from what I'm used to. Did I ever think it would end up this way? Umm, no. But it's not over yet and I'm excited.''

Favre, who took his second penalty lap - which was again cheered - since joining the Jets, ended the morning session on a good note. The three-time league MVP hit Brad Smith on a fourth-down play for 53 yards - about 45 in the air - down the right sideline for a touchdown.

``He still has it,'' tight end Bubba Franks said. ``I think you can ask the receivers, he still has it.''

Favre said the toughest parts of the adjustment are picking up the terminology used in a new offensive system and learning the tendencies of his new receivers. He asked to watch game films from last season to get better acquainted with the types of routes receivers such as Laveranues Coles, Jerricho Cotchery and Chris Baker run.

``They haven't thrown everything at me,'' Favre said, ``but I could go into a game and I think I could manage a game OK.''

Coles hasn't spoken to reporters since Favre was acquired and his good friend, Chad Pennington, was released to make room under the salary cap. Coles and Favre were seen on the field before the morning practice having what appeared to be a friendly conversation

``I said, 'Look, I heard you're not talking to the media. I understand you don't want to say anything good about me. That's OK,''' Favre said with a chuckle. ``He said, 'It's not that. It's not that.' I obviously was joking on that. I said, 'Look, I'm not here to take Chad's spot or replace him or whatever. It is what it is.'

``I said this the other day, I don't think I've ever beaten Chad. Those two guys had a great rapport together. I said, 'Look, I'm not trying to replace him. I'm here to help you guys win and I hope you respect me for that.'''

He'll get his first chance Saturday against the Redskins, though Favre isn't sure how long he'll play.

``I did tell Eric on the phone the day before I came up, I said, 'Hey, I want to play as soon as possible,''' Favre said. ``I would've played three plays the other night (at Cleveland), but that would've been ugly. I don't know. I think we'll just play it by ear.''

BallHawk
08-14-2008, 01:05 AM
He's in for a rude awakening this year. Not 2005 bad, but nowhere near 2007. I don't think he's even close to the physical condition he was in last year.

bobblehead
08-14-2008, 01:06 AM
He didn't go through an offseason throwing program...ya think it might be fatigued??

mission
08-14-2008, 02:01 AM
we were doing so well, too ...

SnakeLH2006
08-14-2008, 02:29 AM
I doubt the arm is a biggie so much as Favre wants to get some Sportscenter time now that the trade is over. He's had a tired arm being an old man for years now. As much of Favre fan that I have been, it was nice to pick up Madden 09 yesterday and go 26-30 398 yards with 9 TD's on frozen ropes from the Rod man in a 91-7 pasting of the Bears on All-Pro in my first game...Damn he looks decent on there with his arm. Youth has its perks. Hope that rings true when the games count...

mraynrand
08-14-2008, 09:36 AM
I don't know about Favre's arm, but I'm fucking fatigued from hearing about Favre, hearing from Favre, and even typing 'Favre.' Can Brett Favre please stop talking?

sheepshead
08-14-2008, 09:47 AM
I don't know about Favre's arm, but I'm fucking fatigued from hearing about Favre, hearing from Favre, and even typing 'Favre.' Can Brett Favre please stop talking?

8-)

packinpatland
08-14-2008, 09:48 AM

Oh grow up......... :roll:

Deputy Nutz
08-14-2008, 09:54 AM
He's in for a rude awakening this year. Not 2005 bad, but nowhere near 2007. I don't think he's even close to the physical condition he was in last year.

Still talking shit?

mission
08-14-2008, 10:07 AM

Oh grow up......... :roll:

No really.

He's tired of it.

Im not him but I believe him. Somehow, I believe him... somehow.

cpk1994
08-14-2008, 10:16 AM
I don't know about Favre's arm, but I'm fucking fatigued from hearing about Favre, hearing from Favre, and even typing 'Favre.' Can Brett Favre please stop talking?Ain't that the truth.

GBRulz
08-14-2008, 10:22 AM
I apologize for using common sense here, but here's a thought.... If you're tired of reading about Favre, then just ignore the freaken threads already!

RashanGary
08-14-2008, 10:25 AM

I agree and learning that completely new offense is going to be pure hell. All of that time he spent studying opponents defenses and working with the WRs on how to take advantage of different looks is going to be spent just figuring out how to get the play off.

Favre is in trouble. I expect a bad year and I feel a little guilty but I look forward to seeing him struggle. Hopefully he plays 50% of the snaps because I want the 3rd instead of the 4th.

mission
08-14-2008, 10:42 AM
I apologize for using common sense here, but here's a thought.... If you're tired of reading about Favre, then just ignore the freaken threads already!

I apologize for using common sense and profane language, but here's a thought... THIS A FUCKING PACKER FORUM AND MOST OF US ARE PACKER FANS AND BRETT FAVRE IS NOT A PACKER RIGHT NOW SO TALK ABOUT THAT IN THE FAVRE THREAD THAT WAS STARTED OR TAKE IT TO THE ROMPER ROOM BECAUSE IT IS OFF TOPIC AND UNTIL PEOPLE FUCKING GET THIS THEN ME AND JUST ABOUT EVERYONE ELSE WILL SAY SOMETHING ABOUT IT BECAUSE IT IS TIRING

Maxie the Taxi
08-14-2008, 11:00 AM
Get used to it, boys. Favre is in NY now. Expect him to be in the news every freaking day!

Chevelle2
08-14-2008, 11:34 AM
Get used to it, boys. Favre is in NY now. Expect him to be in the news every freaking day!

At least he's not our problem anymore.....

GBRulz
08-14-2008, 12:11 PM
I apologize for using common sense and profane language, but here's a thought... THIS A FUCKING PACKER FORUM AND MOST OF US ARE PACKER FANS AND BRETT FAVRE IS NOT A PACKER RIGHT NOW SO TALK ABOUT THAT IN THE FAVRE THREAD THAT WAS STARTED OR TAKE IT TO THE ROMPER ROOM BECAUSE IT IS OFF TOPIC AND UNTIL PEOPLE FUCKING GET THIS THEN ME AND JUST ABOUT EVERYONE ELSE WILL SAY SOMETHING ABOUT IT BECAUSE IT IS TIRING

In case you haven't noticed, we have been discussing other players and teams in the football forum since PR was founded. Bretsky just explained that to you yesterday when you were whining about all the "OT" Favre stuff and how it belongs in the RR.

I know the circus and the soap opera was sickening and dragged out, but there are many of us here who remain interested in what Favre does with the Jets. He was a Packer for 16 years and I know that I may never get to see a player like that again in my lifetime. I am both a Packer fan and a Favre fan.

I just don't understand why it is so difficult for people who don't have an interest in Favre to simply ignore the threads?

Pacopete4
08-14-2008, 12:13 PM
Exactly.. if we wanna talk about Brett we will.. so get over it

Zool
08-14-2008, 12:14 PM
Just skim over posts. Makes it easier.

Partial
08-14-2008, 12:15 PM

I agree and learning that completely new offense is going to be pure hell. All of that time he spent studying opponents defenses and working with the WRs on how to take advantage of different looks is going to be spent just figuring out how to get the play off.

Favre is in trouble. I expect a bad year and I feel a little guilty but I look forward to seeing him struggle. Hopefully he plays 50% of the snaps because I want the 3rd instead of the 4th.

you're crazy. He needs to know what, 10 plays? He's a 17 year vet. People say he is dumb, but it is football. Not exactly a cerebral sport as much it is about having a feel for the game and knowing how to play the game.

I'm sure he's feeling comfortable with the game already.

Just because you don't think that you would be able to pick up an offense in that amount of time, does not mean a professional athlete wouldn't. Remember, this guy didn't become Brett Favre by relying on physical skills only. Clearly, like all great athletes, he is a workaholic and refuses to give it anything less than the very best.

His arm is a little sore after getting extra throws to get caught up. What a surprise! It's not like everyone isn't tired and sore during camp. It is not at all unexpected.

Zool
08-14-2008, 12:31 PM
you're crazy. He needs to know what, 10 plays?

So you think that NFL teams have maybe 20 total plays?

Partial
08-14-2008, 12:33 PM
From the horses mouth, you need to be able to do 10 plays well. You will of course game plan during the week as usual learning new plays, etc.

HarveyWallbangers
08-14-2008, 12:35 PM
From the horses mouth, you need to be able to do 10 plays well. You will of course game plan during the week as usual learning new plays, etc.

Who's horse? 10 plays? Funny. 10 plays to play 2 or 3 series in a preseason game maybe.

Bossman641
08-14-2008, 12:38 PM

you're crazy. He needs to know what, 10 plays? He's a 17 year vet. People say he is dumb, but it is football. Not exactly a cerebral sport as much it is about having a feel for the game and knowing how to play the game.

Just because you don't think that you would be able to pick up an offense in that amount of time, does not mean a professional athlete wouldn't. Remember, this guy didn't become Brett Favre by relying on physical skills only. Clearly, like all great athletes, he is a workaholic and refuses to give it anything less than the very best.

His arm is a little sore after getting extra throws to get caught up. What a surprise! It's not like everyone isn't tired and sore during camp. It is not at all unexpected.

10 plays? Have you ever seen a playbook? They are a couple hundred pages long. The QB is responsible for knowing everyone's role on every play. On top of that, he has to unlearn all the terminology he knows inside and out. I'm not saying he can't do it, but there is a reason it normally takes players a year or 2 to get comfortable in a system.

Bossman641
08-14-2008, 12:41 PM

This isn't Madden. There are no money plays to master. Unless I'm mistaken, offenses rarely run the same passing play more than once or twice a game.

Zool
08-14-2008, 12:42 PM
Maybe 10 base plays, with 6-7 base formations, some with motion options, all with hot reads and audibles. And thats just for the 1st quarter of their upcoming pre-season game.

Partial
08-14-2008, 12:42 PM

Who's horse? 10 plays? Funny. 10 plays to play 2 or 3 series in a preseason game maybe.

I guess you know more than Brett?

Partial
08-14-2008, 12:44 PM

This isn't Madden. There are no money plays to master. Unless I'm mistaken, offenses rarely run the same passing play more than once or twice a game.

It's my understanding they run the same few plays over and over again if they work. Favre said "you need to know, what, 10 plays", so I guess I'll take the word of the 17 year vet, best quarterback ever.

Bossman641
08-14-2008, 12:48 PM

It's my understanding they run the same few plays over and over again if they work. Favre said "you need to know, what, 10 plays", so I guess I'll take the word of the 17 year vet, best quarterback ever.

Same plays over and over again? False

You think maybe he was understating that a little bit?

Partial
08-14-2008, 12:49 PM

No I don't, why would he? Watch a Packer game and watch the same few run plays, and then a few different passes. It's not rocket science. There's only so much variation that you can have.

Bossman641
08-14-2008, 12:54 PM

No I don't, why would he? Watch a Packer game and watch the same few run plays, and then a few different passes. It's not rocket science. There's only so much variation that you can have.

The run plays are similar, but the passing plays? No way

Agree to disagree

Chevelle2
08-14-2008, 01:00 PM
best quarterback ever.

We are talking about Johnny U?

mission
08-14-2008, 01:04 PM
There is no disagreeing here. Partial is wrong.

sharpe1027
08-14-2008, 01:12 PM

Just because you can't understand the differences between the plays does not mean they are the same play. There is a reason that the coach carries a huge sheet with all the plays and it isn't just to cover up their mouth.

You are wrong.

Deputy Nutz
08-14-2008, 02:01 PM

Save your breath, the closest Harrell, has come to playing or understanding football is in his backyard and what Phil Simms tells him. I heard he actually likes to listen to JAWS as well, but that might be myth.

For you Partial, at least you got to play catch with me, so you might have slightly better knowledge than him.

Partial
08-14-2008, 02:03 PM

Agree to disagree

Do you disagree with Brett Favre, a 17 year NFL vet and first ballet hall of famer? How can you claim to have a more intimiate knowledge of play calling than he?

Partial
08-14-2008, 02:04 PM
Nutzy this year we'll have to spend some more time chucking the rock around. Good times. I showed HW that even a big man can posess Steve Smith like speed! :lol:

Deputy Nutz
08-14-2008, 02:08 PM
You can only have so many formations in the game of football on the NFL level. sure you can run almost an infinite amount of plays from ever formation, and trust me NFL playbooks have just about every imaginable pass play, but again, only so many plays will work. Again there are only so many different routes a player can run. terminology is the killer, especially when you are under center and need to audible to get the tight end to change his route from a 15 yard out to seam route down the middle to bust the Tampa 2.

Shit is basically all the same, attack man coverage, or find the open areas in the zone defense. Defense is set in a cover 3 with the strong safety cheating to the flat, attack the zone between the free safety and the linebackers. Defenses can only run so many different coverages, they are easy to identify, especially if you are a 17 year vet and know all the little cheats to pick up a defense.

Football isn't nearly as complicated as Mike Holmgren and Jon Gruden make it appear.

sharpe1027
08-14-2008, 02:23 PM
You can only have so many formations in the game of football on the NFL level. sure you can run almost an infinite amount of plays from ever formation, and trust me NFL playbooks have just about every imaginable pass play, but again, only so many plays will work. Again there are only so many different routes a player can run. terminology is the killer, especially when you are under center and need to audible to get the tight end to change his route from a 15 yard out to seam route down the middle to bust the Tampa 2.

Shit is basically all the same, attack man coverage, or find the open areas in the zone defense. Defense is set in a cover 3 with the strong safety cheating to the flat, attack the zone between the free safety and the linebackers. Defenses can only run so many different coverages, they are easy to identify, especially if you are a 17 year vet and know all the little cheats to pick up a defense.

Football isn't nearly as complicated as Mike Holmgren and Jon Gruden make it appear.

True, but they run more than 10 plays a game. Hell, I bet teams use more than 10 formations, much less plays, in some games. You have down and distance dependent plays, endzone plays, match-up determined plays, audibles, two-minute drills, ect. Besides even if they were to only run only 10 plays in a game, they need to have many more available. They don't script plays for the entire game and they don't know for sure what the defense will be doing. They need plays available for many different situations.

Simply put, you need to have more than 10 plays available for an NFL game. You need more than 10 plays available for a college game. You can probably get away with 10 plays at some high-school levels.

mission
08-14-2008, 02:26 PM
The language in even calling an NFL pass play is pretty complicated. Im trying to think of an example but that shit doesn't exactly roll off the tongue. I find it hard to believe you haven't heard it before though ... it's not exactly like I-Right, 24 Power Right kinda shit ...

BallHawk
08-14-2008, 02:29 PM
Do you disagree with Brett Favre, a 17 year NFL vet and first ballet hall of famer?

When did Favre become a dancer? Is he taking the next step to becoming a true diva? :?:

Bossman641
08-14-2008, 02:52 PM

Agree to disagree

Do you disagree with Brett Favre, a 17 year NFL vet and first ballet hall of famer? How can you claim to have a more intimiate knowledge of play calling than he?

Yea, I do

There are certainly more than 10 plays a game. It's not even a question. Coaches script the first 15 plays alone. I highly doubt plays 11-15 read "Repeat play 3, repeat play 7, repeat play 4...." YOU ARE WRONG. Get over it.

Yea, once he has the terminology down it will not be as difficult, but he has to unlearn all the terminology he currently knows and learn a completely new system. He has quite a ways to go before it becomes second nature for him, much more than learning 10 plays.

Watch the Packers game on Saturday, you'll see 11 different plays in the first 2 drives alone.

Tyrone Bigguns
08-14-2008, 03:25 PM
Remember, this guy didn't become Brett Favre by relying on physical skills only. Clearly, like all great athletes, he is a workaholic and refuses to give it anything less than the very best.

Well, if we are to take the "horses" mouth about the 10 plays, then we have to take it about the work..and brett has clearly stated he doesn't like practices, studying, etc.

Brett likes to play in the games. That is about it.

Packers4Ever
08-14-2008, 04:34 PM

YOU GO, GBR !!! :wink:

We used to have another method on a Forum I was in,
anybody who didn't like what they were reading was
welcome to SOB - or, Scroll On By
Worked real well.....

Scott Campbell
08-14-2008, 04:40 PM
Favre said "you need to know, what, 10 plays", so I guess I'll take the word of the 17 year vet, best quarterback ever.

Did you take him at his word when he said he'd never play for another team?

Lurker64
08-14-2008, 04:54 PM
Favre said "you need to know, what, 10 plays", so I guess I'll take the word of the 17 year vet, best quarterback ever.

Plus, I'm pretty sure that since he stated it as "you need to know, what, 10 plays?" he's not entirely serious and actually has no idea how many plays he needs to know, it's not like he's ever bothered to count.

mission
08-14-2008, 05:30 PM

Plus, I'm pretty sure that since he stated it as "you need to know, what, 10 plays?" he's not entirely serious and actually has no idea how many plays he needs to know, it's not like he's ever bothered to count.

Coincidence that his answer and number of fingers is the exact same number?! Aha!

Deputy Nutz
08-14-2008, 05:59 PM
Remember, this guy didn't become Brett Favre by relying on physical skills only. Clearly, like all great athletes, he is a workaholic and refuses to give it anything less than the very best.

Well, if we are to take the "horses" mouth about the 10 plays, then we have to take it about the work..and brett has clearly stated he doesn't like practices, studying, etc.

Ask the other 52 players in the lockerroom and they will say the exact same thing as Favre. Football practices suck, almost as bad as wrestling practice because you have to wear pads, and a 4 pound helmet on your head for 2.5 hours

Deputy Nutz
08-14-2008, 06:09 PM
The language in even calling an NFL pass play is pretty complicated. Im trying to think of an example but that shit doesn't exactly roll off the tongue. I find it hard to believe you haven't heard it before though ... it's not exactly like I-Right, 24 Power Right kinda shit ...

Again, you are right the language is very difficult to master, you simply can't say play 24 and expect everyone to know what to do. Blitz pick up, and the changing of blocking assignments usually falls on the QB as well. All very difficult.

Saying that, all teams use a very similar passing tree, something fimilar with the one I was probably handed in 7th grade, but being able to communicate the same information but in a different verbage is where it is going to become difficult.

I am sure at film study, the Jets QB coach and Favre sit down, and Favre can tell the coach exactly what routes and protection needed to attack the defense in basic football speak, "slot runs a post, flanker runs a 6 yard slant, and split runs 12 IN route."

Any half wit (Mike Vick) could do that.

RashanGary
08-14-2008, 06:56 PM
Well, it sounds like there is no excuse for failure. If Favre fails it's clearly because he's not good rather than there being such a big learning curve with a completely new offense and only 4 and a half weeks to get ready.

Deputy Nutz
08-14-2008, 07:05 PM
Well, it sounds like there is no excuse for failure. If Favre fails it's clearly because he's not good rather than there being such a big learning curve with a completely new offense and only 4 and a half weeks to get ready.

Again it seems you are more concerned with Favre's future than with the Packers, even after you stated you really didn't care one way or another in a different thread.

HarveyWallbangers
08-14-2008, 07:07 PM

Again it seems you are more concerned with Favre's future than with the Packers, even after you stated you really didn't care one way or another in a different thread.

Do you think what he said is true?

mission

Agreed. It's one thing to be on my team, JH. Sometimes, I look at you as a potential starter ... but then you get all about one thing and I dunno, you might not be the character guy we once thought. I might have to move MOBB DEEP to take your spot lol

MJZiggy

Did you people even READ the article. He was answering a question specific to his readiness to play in the next PRESEASON GAME. He needs to know about 10 plays to make it through a quarter or so in the REDSKINS game. He has acknowledged and Bubba said flat out that it will take every second between now and their season opener to begin to be ready.

HarveyWallbangers
08-14-2008, 07:08 PM
I just think it's an interesting dynamic. I wonder if those who say that the offseason work isn't important will make excuses for Favre if he doesn't do well in New Jersey.

Deputy Nutz
08-14-2008, 07:11 PM

Do you think what he said is true?

I take it you mean Harrell? Well yes I do, and I think so does Brett. Through all the years that Favre made mediocre receivers look like all pros he never once complained about the talent on the roster. Not once. So if Favre fails in New York he fails, it means he simply can't carry a young marginally talented team at 39 years old like he did when he was younger.

Deputy Nutz
08-14-2008, 07:13 PM
I just think it's an interesting dynamic. I wonder if those who say that the offseason work isn't important will make excuses for Favre if he doesn't do well in New Jersey.

Thats the bed he chose. He could have hired the personal trainer again, he could have decided he wanted to play football a little bit earlier than at the end of June. His problem, I will point to it as a reason and then damn him for it.

Tyrone Bigguns
08-14-2008, 07:14 PM

Ask the other 52 players in the lockerroom and they will say the exact same thing as Favre. Football practices suck, almost as bad as wrestling practice because you have to wear pads, and a 4 pound helmet on your head for 2.5 hours

I don't think it is quite at that same level. You don't hear arod complaining about having to study.

I know that nobody loves training camp...but, favre has said more than that...daily practice, film study, etc.

And, really, you can't compare a qb saying that to a rb.

mission
08-14-2008, 07:15 PM
Hell of a leader, tho, huh...

RashanGary
08-14-2008, 07:16 PM

Thats the bed he chose. He could have hired the personal trainer again, he could have decided he wanted to play football a little bit earlier than at the end of June. His problem, I will point to it as a reason and then damn him for it.

Didn't you just say it wasn't that hard and he's a 17 year vet so it should be a cake walk?

Deputy Nutz
08-14-2008, 07:39 PM

Didn't you just say it wasn't that hard and he's a 17 year vet so it should be a cake walk?

Reading a defense, absolutely. getting his body in football shape in less than a month, might cause problems, such as when you try and read peoples post and muck them all up.

RashanGary
08-14-2008, 07:42 PM

Reading a defense, absolutely. getting his body in football shape in less than a month, might cause problems, such as when you try and read peoples post and muck them all up.

Oh, so now if he fails it's because he can't hack it physically. OK.

Deputy Nutz
08-14-2008, 07:53 PM

Oh, so now if he fails it's because he can't hack it physically. OK.

You keep twisting the rest of the night.
Unfortunately I can't stop from fighting stupid, but please go back and read my posts, digest them, and hopefully you actually learn something. Then I am willing to actually discuss what I posted with you.

Merlin
08-15-2008, 04:49 AM
If I remember correctly, Favre said that this off season he had thrown more then he usually does. Favre will continue to be in the news until one of two things happen:

1) He gets injured.
2) The Packers look legitimate without him.

If you don't want to read about Favre then don't. Some of us would appreciate it if you take your hater ass somewhere else, preferably over to your rump ranger buddy Ted Thompson's house.

cpk1994
08-15-2008, 07:55 AM
If I remember correctly, Favre said that this off season he had thrown more then he usually does. Favre will continue to be in the news until one of two things happen:

1) He gets injured.

If you don't want to read about Favre then don't. Some of us would appreciate it if you take your hater ass somewhere else, preferably over to your rump ranger buddy Ted Thompson's house.And some of us would appreciate it if you'd slurp favre's salami somewhere else, preferably at your boy toy's Favre's house.

Bretsky
08-15-2008, 08:00 AM

1) He gets injured.

If you don't want to read about Favre then don't. Some of us would appreciate it if you take your hater ass somewhere else, preferably over to your rump ranger buddy Ted Thompson's house.

Favre is in a tough spot

He's learning an offense that is foreign to him. Terms the Packers use and he has used for the past 16 years mean different things in Jets lingo.

So they need him to practice as much as he can and along with that the arm gets worked much harder than it has in the past when MM has monitord the amount of throwing he does to keep the arm fresh.

It's all going to be a big challenge.

mmmdk
08-15-2008, 09:28 AM
I hear it's easy to get Jets tickets...this board is consumed with BF. Asinine, to put in kindly.

mraynrand
08-15-2008, 09:55 AM
I am fatigued by this thread (I know pat, I should grow up).

Bossman641
08-15-2008, 11:59 AM

1) He gets injured.

Favre is in a tough spot

He's learning an offense that is foreign to him. Terms the Packers use and he has used for the past 16 years mean different things in Jets lingo.

So they need him to practice as much as he can and along with that the arm gets worked much harder than it has in the past when MM has monitord the amount of throwing he does to keep the arm fresh.

It's all going to be a big challenge.

What do you mean? Offseason training doesn't mean anything, and he only has to learn 10 plays anyways. :roll:

Tyrone Bigguns
08-15-2008, 04:20 PM

1) He gets injured.

Get Favre's cum stain off your blue dress yet monica?

Partial
08-15-2008, 04:55 PM

I guess Brett Favre is wrong then since I quoted him. Evidently you, who my guess has never played a snap of tackle football in your life judging from your lack of knowledge, know better than Brett Favre.

Partial
08-15-2008, 04:56 PM

Because you've been in an NFL huddle at the quarterback position to call these plays before? You sound as if you speak from experience.

Partial
08-15-2008, 04:59 PM

Agree to disagree

Yea, I do

There are certainly more than 10 plays a game. It's not even a question. Coaches script the first 15 plays alone. I highly doubt plays 11-15 read "Repeat play 3, repeat play 7, repeat play 4...." YOU ARE WRONG. Get over it.

Yea, once he has the terminology down it will not be as difficult, but he has to unlearn all the terminology he currently knows and learn a completely new system. He has quite a ways to go before it becomes second nature for him, much more than learning 10 plays.

Watch the Packers game on Saturday, you'll see 11 different plays in the first 2 drives alone.

Just because a formation is different, it doesn't mean that person isn't running the same route. Really, its not as complicated as you think. You can run a slant probably 100 different ways. It's still a slant. I still will know how to throw it all 100 ways simply by looking at where the guy is lined up.

I've seen the Packers run 3-4 plays multiple times in the first 15 plays, so yeah..

For a quarterback, think about it, its right guard, left guard, right tackle, left tackle, etc for running plays. Give me a break. It's not rocket science.

Partial
08-15-2008, 05:03 PM

I don't think his preparation will have much to do with it. He put up legendary numbers while taking it easy. He put up bad numbers while taking it seriously. He put up good numbers while taking it seriously. I think it is far more dependent on how the talent around him performs. The Jets are not very good. Do I expect Favre to put them in the super bowl? Of course not.

I think he'll take his team to like 8-8 and that is spectacular considering the poor talent level.

mission
08-15-2008, 05:06 PM

I guess Brett Favre is wrong then since I quoted him. Evidently you, who my guess has never played a snap of tackle football in your life judging from your lack of knowledge, know better than Brett Favre.

LOL!

I read your post and then looked up to see who you replying to and it was ME....

ME!?

Really?

I was actually 22 of 23 for 294 yards, 4 TDs and even had a pick on defense against DeForest in one of the toughest conferences in the state. First-team all-conference QB two years and hold 13 all-time school records at the biggest football powerhouse in Wisconsin state history (MONROE - 11 statechampionships... 63+ game winning streak) ... coached QBs for four years at Jeff Tricky Quarterback camps at UW-Whitewater and LaCrosse. I can send you a copy of the year's DVD highlight film if you'd like.

So sit the fuck down.

I own you.

Over and over and over again.

Don't even type in my direction. It makes you look stupid.

I'm serious. You aren't even close to being in my league (for anything).

mission
08-15-2008, 05:08 PM

Because you've been in an NFL huddle at the quarterback position to call these plays before? You sound as if you speak from experience.

Have you ever managed even a high school huddle? A college one? Anything?

You need to do your research... I can PM you my real name if you want and google is RIGHT THERE FOR YOU.

John Navarre... he's in the NFL now, I believe... I out-passed him in every category in the state semi finals.

He's just 6'5" ... I'm 6" and a baseball player at heart...

Either way, I've had playbooks over 1000 pages long and no, I wasnt in the NFL. So I know there ain't 10 plays like your pimply-face seems to think.

Deputy Nutz
08-15-2008, 07:07 PM

Have you ever managed even a high school huddle? A college one? Anything?

You need to do your research... I can PM you my real name if you want and google is RIGHT THERE FOR YOU.

John Navarre... he's in the NFL now, I believe... I out-passed him in every category in the state semi finals.

He's just 6'5" ... I'm 6" and a baseball player at heart...

Either way, I've had playbooks over 1000 pages long and no, I wasnt in the NFL. So I know there ain't 10 plays like your pimply-face seems to think.

Funny when my brother in law was a senior, facing Navarre and Pierre in the quarterfinals of the State Playoffs, everyone just expected mighty Cudahy to romp. My BIL had over 300 yards rushing and 4 touchdowns.

I do have to admit just because you out passed a fella in high school doesn't exactly mean you were more talented than him, Navarre was a really shitty high school QB, mostly due to the fact that Cudahy ran the ball quite a bit.

I could tell you stories about going to some Big Ten camps and having coaches tell me that, "It is to bad that you weren't just two inches taller, we could give you a scholarship."

Life sucks being 5-11 and white.

Deputy Nutz
08-15-2008, 07:09 PM
One of close friends went against Romo in a non conference game, showed him up something fierce. Romo went to small D1-aa school my buddy went to Carroll College and never made it above 2nd string as a QB.

Funny how talent emerges.

Scott Campbell
08-15-2008, 07:44 PM
I'm expecting a Darren Charles reference at any moment now.

Partial
08-15-2008, 07:47 PM

My thoughts exactly. I'm not impressed with "The Next Timbaland" internet wiener.

Freak Out
08-15-2008, 07:57 PM
I'll never forget the game I had in 77 against the mighty Goldpanners of Fairbanks High....-35 at kickoff with a northeast wind blowing in at 36 MPH...you do the windchill factor chumps.
http://www.weather.gov/os/windchill/images/windchill.gif
I rushed for 473 yards that day and was voted MVP....the frozen testicle sucked though.

Deputy Nutz
08-15-2008, 11:20 PM

When I was coaching in Hudson our last game was against Holy Angels of the St. Paul. They had this amazing receiver by the name of Larry Fitzgerald and he had only three catches against our defense.

3 catches for 135 yards and three touchdowns. He didn't play in the second half he had to go some where with Chris Carter.

He actually had talent. Alot of it, and he wasn't short, and certainly not white.

SnakeLH2006
08-16-2008, 12:14 AM

What's your deal? I know you are on the TT pride rally parade tooting YMCA, but isn't that a "happy pride rally"? I'm all about supporting Arod, but don't see how a grown man's business with his business (not ours, as we are all fans) entitles you to hate on a legend that 100% of this forum supported for the past 2 decades. Favre's made mistakes, TT too, we all have, but I'm glad you weren't around in Jesus' times or you would have sold him out to the Romans for clean bath water.