PDA

View Full Version : Training Camp Practice #15---Jolly Goes Thug Life

SnakeLH2006
08-14-2008, 03:03 AM
http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/archive/2008/08/13/training-camp-practice-15.aspx

Copyrighted content removed.

RashanGary
08-14-2008, 07:10 AM
Jolly could be suffering from drug withdrawls too.

Packgator
08-14-2008, 07:56 AM
He got into it a couple of times in practice, including once when he took some swings at Tony Moll. You know it's bad when Mark Tauscher has to say something to you. And get this: Jolly got in Tauscher's face and the two had to be separated. Something's wrong when that happens.

He may have to consider a name change.

Deputy Nutz
08-14-2008, 08:12 AM
Is this a case of a fella thinking he is big time, before he has actually done anything? I mean Jolly had a good 8 games for the Packers, but it wasn't like he was rolling his way to the Pro Bowl. Then the drug arrest, and now he is acting like an ass in practice.

He had a pretty good rep last year and the year before, no need for this.

Tony Oday
08-14-2008, 08:53 AM
F that he is a DT with an Edge! I love it. Thung it up and beat the crap out of the O line. Does the O line think the Williams boys and Jared Allen are going to be nice and cuddly? Man up!

BallHawk
08-14-2008, 09:31 AM
F that he is a DT with an Edge! I love it. Thung it up and beat the crap out of the O line. Does the O line think the Williams boys and Jared Allen are going to be nice and cuddly? Man up!

I agree, it's good to have a mean streak, but save it for the Vikes, though. Don't mess with Tausch, what's the point of that?

mraynrand
08-14-2008, 09:41 AM

I agree, it's good to have a mean streak, but save it for the Vikes, though. Don't mess with Tausch, what's the point of that?

It's camp. They'll get over it. Stay healthy Jolly, and stay instated. I can't wait to see him take out all his offseason aggression on the Vikings.

http://www.straydog.org/Month200606/Images20060611-0617/9848CoughSyrupJuanaPrep.jpg

ND72
08-14-2008, 09:48 AM
* Rodgers had a sharp practice overall – he hit James Jones on a deep touchdown in 7-on-7 – and seemed to be working on looking off the safety before hitting his target. Rodgers struggled with that at times against the Bengals.

This is false. ESPN even made a point to show how well Rodgers was looking off the safety and throwing to his targets.

cheesner
08-14-2008, 09:51 AM
No telling what set Jolly off. Maybe the Moll poked him in the eye or something. Or maybe Mrs. Jolly hasn't been putting out. WHo knows? I won't be concerned unless this kind of thing happens repeatedly. But yeah, we need some DTs with some attitude.

Go Jolly!

boiga
08-14-2008, 10:57 AM
* Rodgers had a sharp practice overall – he hit James Jones on a deep touchdown in 7-on-7 – and seemed to be working on looking off the safety before hitting his target. Rodgers struggled with that at times against the Bengals.

This is false. ESPN even made a point to show how well Rodgers was looking off the safety and throwing to his targets.

Actually, that is something that Rodgers has to work on. The Bengals safety that got the pick off of the Francies bobble mentioned that Rodgers occasionally telegraphed his intended receiver with his eyes. After the interception, he seemed to work harder to disguise his target, which allowed for the Jones TD.

So, he does look off safeties, he just has to be more consistent about it. That same safety mentioned that Rodgers has all the tools and will likely fix any inconsistency by the time the regular season starts.

About jolly, it was his first practice back from his injury, so it's not too surprising that he had some excess steam to burn off.

Maxie the Taxi
08-14-2008, 11:10 AM
Did Jolly score a positive number on his Wonderlic?

Harlan Huckleby
08-14-2008, 11:56 AM
I think Bedard doesn't know what he's talking about. He saw Jolly in a couple scuffles so he calls him a "punk". "Something is wrong" because he is arguing with Mark Tauscher, as if Tauscher is an angel.

If this was AJ Hawk in a shoving match with some backup offensive linemen he would be calling Hawk "feisty" because he is popular.

Partial
08-14-2008, 11:58 AM
California Love...