PDA

View Full Version : why are 6 year olds cussing arod??

MOBB DEEP
08-14-2008, 05:00 PM
is it because their parents at least indirectly promote this by makn derogatory comments at the dinner table, etc?

should arod admit this gets under his skin (it's a MANS world in cut throat pro sports...!!!)?

im worried he wont b able to handle the boos and neg press when he has the QUITE LIKELY bad games in his first campaign ya know??

thats funny (picturing a kid yelln at him) on some level but insane when one looks at the big picture

MOBB DEEP
08-14-2008, 05:01 PM
he says he "takes it personally"

NOT GOOD imho......never let em see u sweat aaron

Bretsky
08-14-2008, 05:03 PM
I'm fine with him expressing his views on that; and people should be behind him now if they are Packer fans.

Overall I've never had an issue with fans booing at game...within the stadium. I think consistently combining that with terrible language inside the stadium is in poor taste though.

And kids using the language directed towards AROD is bush league and I do think Mobb is right in that it probably comes from the parents.

And the Parents also probably often use that type of language in front of their kids.

cpk1994
08-14-2008, 05:03 PM
is it because their parents at least indirectly promote this by makn derogatory comments at the dinner table, etc?

should arod admit this gets under his skin (it's a MANS world in cut throat pro sports...!!!)?

im worried he wont b able to handle the boos and neg press when he has the QUITE LIKELY bad games in his first campaign ya know??

thats funny (picturing a kid yelln at him) on some level but insane when one looks at the big pictureHe already admitted that kids swearing at him bothered him. I said it before but it bears repeating, "Unless some NFL team lines up 11 six year olds on defense an they are swearing at him, he will be fine.

MOBB DEEP
08-14-2008, 05:42 PM

thats funny (picturing a kid yelln at him) on some level but insane when one looks at the big pictureHe already admitted that kids swearing at him bothered him. I said it before but it bears repeating, "Unless some NFL team lines up 11 six year olds on defense an they are swearing at him, he will be fine.

lol

MJZiggy
08-14-2008, 06:02 PM
In answer to the thread title, it's because the parents are idiots and should be slapped upside the head.

There's no excuse for teaching your kids to spout that kind of crap in a civilized society...

run pMc
08-15-2008, 11:59 AM
IMO it's pretty classless when adults talk like that...6 year olds certainly shouldn't be mimicking that.

SnakeLH2006
08-16-2008, 12:46 AM

Wow.. :shock: First time I've heard something from you I could agree with. It's pretty funny, yet classless though, as I'm sure most of those young boys are pissed they are out the running as TT's "basement project" as he's moved on and made his pick. :lol:

MOBB DEEP
08-16-2008, 09:39 AM
maybe it means EVEN a 6 yr old knows TT made an IDIOTIC move and takes it out on arod b/c he's accessible

still troubles me that arod "takes it personal"

really? in these crazy times he lets THAT bother him?

mraynrand
08-16-2008, 09:50 AM
http://www.wordsoup.com/blog/kid-middle-finger.jpg

The Gunshooter
08-16-2008, 10:17 AM
This whole Favre/Rodgers thing is kind of like Maris/Ruth, Aaron/Ruth but on a smaller scale. When those guys were in the process of breaking Ruth's records they really got a lot of hate mail, Aaron even had a death threat and in Roger Maris' case may even have had a negative affect on his career. Aaron is still bitter to this day over the tremendous racism that came out. The difference is Ruth was already dead from gorging himself so he couldn't try to sabotage them like I believe Favre is doing.

This is why I accused Favre of $hitting the bed again and why I think he is a selfish a$$hole. Why did he need to pit the fans against Rodgers? Is he an idiot? If I had a 6 year old I would want him to cuss Favre, not Rodgers, but not out in public. I believe this is going to backfire on Favre, especially if he sucks in NY.

I saw an actual release of pent up anger and emotion from Rodgers that last game. I don't remember which play but he definitely had his game face on. It was kind of like, take that you SOB's after he had a few good plays. So I believe things like kids swearing at him really does get to him. Problem is he should not place that extra pressure on himself. He needs to approach this like he did last preseason, even though you could see the talent he has last week, he looked more refined last preseason when he was calm.

Children who act like that and the parents who raised them have attention spans of babies and will forget Favre ever existed once Rodgers has a little success. People are generally so focking stupid they just think what the media tells them to think. If John Madden gushes over Favre, they will too.

Rodgers is way smarter than Favre. If he stays healthy he can be better than Favre because he is not a selfish loose cannon, ready to blow up his own team.

Pugger
08-16-2008, 01:54 PM
NOBODY likes to be sworn at but it very disturbing to see little kids using language like that in public. Those parents should be drawn and quartered. :evil:

How sad it is that some folks want Rodgers and/or the Packers fail in the hope that this will make Murphy fire TT and MM just because they decided to go in a different direction and traded away Brett.

Rastak
08-16-2008, 04:45 PM
Why?

My best guess would be their parents dropped them on their head when they were very small.

imscott72
08-16-2008, 04:59 PM
Why?

My best guess would be their parents dropped them on their head when they were very small.

I thought that's how people became Viking fans.. :lol:

Rastak
08-16-2008, 05:51 PM
Why?

Close, keep guessing which NFC North team can actually claim that?

imscott72
08-16-2008, 05:52 PM
Why?

Ummmm, Da Bears??

Rastak
08-16-2008, 05:57 PM
Why?

Ummmm, Da Bears??

Good for smack, yes. The truth, we all know people root for the teams their dad liked or the local team when growing up. Some people just pick teams out of thin air, but most have some grounding in their upbringing.

imscott72
08-16-2008, 06:02 PM
Why?

Ummmm, Da Bears??

Good for smack, yes. The truth, we all know people root for the teams their dad liked or the local team when growing up. Some people just pick teams out of thin air, but most have some grounding in their upbringing.

I sure hope you're right. Right now my son is a Viking fan and trust me I'm working on that..lol..

Rastak
08-16-2008, 06:05 PM
Why?

Ummmm, Da Bears??

I sure hope you're right. Right now my son is a Viking fan and trust me I'm working on that..lol..

My buddy became a Packer fan to piss everyone off. He's never liked the Vikings, he was a Raiders fan then a Redskins fan. He tried like hell to get his son to be a Packer fan but he likes the Vikings. My co-worker is also a Packer fan but his son is a Viking fan. He takes him to games on occasion. He's a real nice guy and very laid back and would never give his kid shit. He stills pulls for the Packers and they have a friendly rivalry I think.

FritzDontBlitz
08-17-2008, 03:30 PM
The real question is why is a starting NFL quarterback letting 6 year olds get into his head? What happens when its Ray Lewis or Brian Urlacher yelling at him from across the line? And why is he giving every defender in the NFL bulletin board material before the season starts?

Gunakor
08-17-2008, 03:36 PM
The real question is why is a starting NFL quarterback letting 6 year olds get into his head? What happens when its Ray Lewis or Brian Urlacher yelling at him from across the line? And why is he giving every defender in the NFL bulletin board material before the season starts?

QB's expect that shit from other players. They can understand it from adults. It's different when it's coming from a 6 year old. You don't expect it, you can't understand it, and it kinda hits you differently. Seeing how Rodgers genuinely cares about the fans, I'm sure that one was hard to take.

GrnBay007
08-17-2008, 03:46 PM
Rodgers should have looked that lil shit straight in the eyes, and in a nice tone...since he is 6 (going on 16 probably) said, "You need to get on board now, or keep your mouth shut". :P

MJZiggy
08-17-2008, 03:47 PM
:lol: :lol:

FritzDontBlitz
08-17-2008, 05:37 PM

QB's expect that shit from other players. They can understand it from adults. It's different when it's coming from a 6 year old. You don't expect it, you can't understand it, and it kinda hits you differently. Seeing how Rodgers genuinely cares about the fans, I'm sure that one was hard to take.

I would have told the kids to shut up and kept stepping, or I would've laughed it off and kept stepping. Either way I wouldn't have mentioned it in a news article. Rodgers is letting the fans bother him. After his respectable showing on Monday night, guess what the first quote attributed to him was?

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=782067
"It was a good night," Rodgers said. "The signs I saw in the stands were very positive and encouraging."

I sure hope that was just the first Rodgers quote the author used and not the first thing that came out of Rodgers' mouth.

MJZiggy
08-17-2008, 07:04 PM
I don't know that I'd put too much stock in his reaction Fritz I have a similar reaction to 6-year olds swearing and it's not that I can't handle hearing swear words, but to my mind they should never come from the mouths of children. I think people (parents especially) should have the decency not to teach the pre-K crowd vulgar language that these kids are seemingly accustomed to enough to use contextually by the time they hit first grade.

And after all the threats and cursing, etc. I think I'd be a little encouraged by a standing O and some positive signs myself...maybe he mentioned it to acknowledge the fans. I wouldn't put too much stock in it unless he starts giving a play by play of the fan reaction after all the regular games too.

retailguy
08-17-2008, 07:15 PM
Rodgers should have looked that lil shit straight in the eyes, and in a nice tone...since he is 6 (going on 16 probably) said, "You need to get on board now, or keep your mouth shut". :P

since I can't get on board, I've been keeping my mouth shut...... :D :wink:

falco
08-17-2008, 07:16 PM
dp (ouch)

falco
08-17-2008, 07:16 PM
i can't wait to have kids so i can show them how to get drunk and heckle professional athletes..