08-14-2008, 05:15 PM
this cat is GOD disguised as a swimmer

Lord forgive me......

Joemailman
08-14-2008, 05:16 PM
There is an Olympics thread in the RR.

mission
08-14-2008, 05:18 PM
People just aren't very bright in general, I see ...

MOBB DEEP
08-14-2008, 05:23 PM
mission, tell him not to worry about things he cant control

BallHawk
08-14-2008, 05:25 PM
Sometimes people really lack common sense. You've been part of this forum for 9 months now and you don't know that there's a Romper Room for this stuff? AND that we already have an Olympics Thread.

Jesus Christ.

mission
08-14-2008, 05:25 PM
mission, tell him not to worry about things he cant control

If I whine enough, I might end up controlling something closer to my liking in this instance.

(it applies)

MadtownPacker
08-14-2008, 07:51 PM
Sometimes people really lack common sense. You've been part of this forum for 9 months now and you don't know that there's a Romper Room for this stuff? AND that we already have an Olympics Thread.

Jesus Christ.Mobb hasn't really posted here much.

In other words, quit acting like a lil nino. The thread was focused on Phelps not so much the games.

Freak Out
08-14-2008, 08:01 PM

In other words, quit acting like a lil nino. The thread was focused on Phelps not so much the games.

Why the fuck are so many trying to be cops all of a sudden? Fucking pigs!

BallHawk
08-14-2008, 09:05 PM

Why the fuck are so many trying to be cops all of a sudden? Fucking pigs!

I'm the fucking white knight of the internet. Moderating forums while simultaneously having lewd conversations with 12 year-olds. Beat that, pendejo.

texaspackerbacker
08-14-2008, 10:25 PM
Bringing it back to football, Phelps might not do much in the NFL, but there's somebody in the Olympics that teams just have to be giving consideration to.

The Jamaican sprinter, Bolt--one of the two best times in the world in the 100 meters--and is 6'5".

Tyrone Bigguns
08-14-2008, 10:33 PM
Bringing it back to football, Phelps might not do much in the NFL, but there's somebody in the Olympics that teams just have to be giving consideration to.

The Jamaican sprinter, Bolt--one of the two best times in the world in the 100 meters--and is 6'5".

First, why are you bringing it back to football. Clearly we are in the RR which has nothing to do with football.

Second, how many track guys that never played football have been successful? :oops:

Third, why would a top sprinter want to play football? He makes more money in track than he would as a free agent signee. :oops:

HowardRoark
08-14-2008, 10:54 PM
Second, how many track guys that never played football have been successful? :oops:

http://www.sportswriters.net/fwaa/awards/outland/images/cover061207.jpg

texaspackerbacker
08-14-2008, 10:58 PM
Well, mostly it was a joke--a parody on the concern some have for what gets posted where.

I do find it a little difficult to believe, however, that there is more money in pro track competition than even for a bottom of the roster NFL player.

And yes, there have been a helluva lot more track star failures than successes, but somebody like that has to be given consideration.

falco
08-15-2008, 06:04 AM
ballhawk tries to control everything here, he's already squeezed out all the fun of our FF division by being a fantasy nazi and not the sexy kind

http://balder.org/avisartikler/billeder/Nazi-Girls-Can-Be-Sexy.jpg

BallHawk
08-15-2008, 11:56 AM
ballhawk tries to control everything here, he's already squeezed out all the fun of our FF division by being a fantasy nazi and not the sexy kind

http://balder.org/avisartikler/billeder/Nazi-Girls-Can-Be-Sexy.jpg

I see you're channeling your inner Max Mosley....

GoPackGo
08-15-2008, 11:58 AM
Do you think Michael Phelps is actually an alien living among us?

Tyrone Bigguns
08-15-2008, 03:56 PM
Well, mostly it was a joke--a parody on the concern some have for what gets posted where.

I do find it a little difficult to believe, however, that there is more money in pro track competition than even for a bottom of the roster NFL player.

And yes, there have been a helluva lot more track star failures than successes, but somebody like that has to be given consideration.

Well, you just show your ignorance again. Track stars..especially in the sprints make tons of dough. They get appearance fees, etc. Marion Jones in her heyday made 70-80K per appearance.

Asafa Powell make 100K for an an APPEARANCE.

They make dollars for winning their events...for example the winner of the World indoor championships get 40K.

They get contracts from Nike, Puma, Asics, etc.

Currently bolt makes 5 figures for appearance..and for example, in Osaka took home 40K (30k for silver in the 200m and 10k for his part in the silver 4 x100).

On top of his appearance fees, winnings..he is also sponsored by Puma and Digicell. Let's not forget endorsements. Then, he like other top people in their field make speaking fees, etc.

He makes WAY more money than he would make as a free agent WR. Bolt, like other top track athletes makes millions.

Yeah, he is going to give up his extremely lucrative career for a middling salary. :roll:

Consideration: Why? Because he runs fast. Didn't help David clowney and the numerous other guys that run fast. We don't even know if he has "hands."

Tyrone Bigguns
08-15-2008, 04:00 PM

http://www.sportswriters.net/fwaa/awards/outland/images/cover061207.jpg

First, and how many times do i have to "school" you...Joe Thomas wasn't a track guy...he was a "field" guy. Notice how i stated Track..and not Track and Field.

Second, the parameter was those who never played football. Did JT not play football? JT was a shotputter in HS...i don't recall whether he was on the T&F team in college, but i don't believe he did.