PDA

View Full Version : Let's respond to these Favre haters!

Fosco33
06-15-2006, 02:45 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/si_blogs/nfl/huddle_up/2006/2006/06/quarterback-woes-around-nfl.html

If you enjoy watching Brett play as much as I do or have thoughts on the QB situation, please post a comment at the above link (I've got a few out there already) about this article from SI. There are tons of haters out there!

I didn't realize 'til just now (or I'm just a real homer) how most fans in the NFL are completely counting out the Packers and Brett next year. The real fans here know he didn't have his best year but also that he's not washed up (injuries, close losses, etc.). Come on - show them G&G pride!

Murphy37
06-15-2006, 02:50 PM
word

jack's smirking revenge
06-15-2006, 03:07 PM
We don't have much support to our argument right now, coming off a 4-12 season. We're all optimistic that the new coaching staff, the influx of new players (including a virtually new offensive line, defensive line, LB corps, secondary...etc.) and the new schemes will all work out positively, but everyone else in the league is going to count us out until we prove that all of those things click.

Frankly, I think they're going to be a 9-7 squad, but its really too early to tell. They haven't even played a preseason game yet. I think you/we sound like homers if we try to argue otherwise. Nobody knows if the new blood will require further surgery on this cadaver or will reinvigorate the team.

I'd rather let people think we're dead and then surprise the f$ck out of them when they discover that we're not. It works in horror movies....

:D

tyler

Fosco33
06-15-2006, 03:13 PM
We don't have much support to our argument right now, coming off a 4-12 season. We're all optimistic that the new coaching staff, the influx of new players (including a virtually new offensive line, defensive line, LB corps, secondary...etc.) and the new schemes will all work out positively, but everyone else in the league is going to count us out until we prove that all of those things click.

Frankly, I think they're going to be a 9-7 squad, but its really too early to tell. They haven't even played a preseason game yet. I think you/we sound like homers if we try to argue otherwise. Nobody knows if the new blood will require further surgery on this cadaver or will reinvigorate the team.

I'd rather let people think we're dead and then surprise the f$ck out of them when they discover that we're not. It works in horror movies....

:D

tyler

Yeah, I know I'm a homer but still....

Speaking of horror flicks - there's this haunted house in my hometown of Germantown we called Mary Buth's. They're making a movie (The Legend Trip) and filming a shot at the Rave in MKE this weekend. It's a straight to video type movie but if you love B movies (think Evil Dead) you can be an extra.

http://www.rictusgrin.com/home.html
http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0482537/combined

CaptainKickass
06-15-2006, 03:15 PM
I agree Tyler- I'd rather be the underdog. The element of surprise, people discounting the team, writers saying things like "washed up", "too old", "too young", "inexperienced" all make for everyone playing with something to prove, or a proverbial chip on their shoulders.

Let the haters hate and let the players prove them wrong.

Here's to the discounted underdogs of the NFL!

woodbuck27
06-15-2006, 03:24 PM
If there is one player on OUR side that I honestly would say that instills confidence in me - it would have to be Brett Favre. On "O" he is OUR QB and leader. I really believe that he will show us his still strong arm and competitive nature in 2006. I just hope that he is able to handle 'the QB Blitz', as we are in for some cringing moments with the middle of OUR OL on test pilot. I really do fear for his health this season, as he will be forced to move alot to his right and if he's learned anything he better get acquainted with the out of bounds toss.

Brett has to really get this. It's alot better to toss it away then try to force it into 2 and 3 man cover. I want to see 'Brett the fox' this season or I fear a serious injury may force him out, rather then - 'the time to retire'.

If Brett was - too old or washed up - this man's intelligence would inform all of us that he was done. He wouldn't have returned for 2006.

Many experts still rank Favre as a top five QB. I would not insist that, but he's the #1 QB on OUR team and if he plays smart will prove that fact to all of us, and all those who put him down. . . screw 'em ! That is just corner store - school boy talk.

jack's smirking revenge
06-15-2006, 03:24 PM
I agree Tyler- I'd rather be the underdog. The element of surprise, people discounting the team, writers saying things like "washed up", "too old", "too young", "inexperienced" all make for everyone playing with something to prove, or a proverbial chip on their shoulders.

Let the haters hate and let the players prove them wrong.

Here's to the discounted underdogs of the NFL!

Overachievers/underdogs are the real stories of the NFL. How many times does SI promote their SB teams, get the public and press all excited about the next big thing, annoint the shit out of an overblown team, only to see their predictions fall flat?

Yeah, I'd rather be the underdog. An underdog fights to survive. An underdog, as you said, has a chip on its shoulder. You seldom see an underdog coming.

As you said, Captain...Here's to the discounted underdogs of the NFL!

tyler

Green Bud Packer
06-15-2006, 03:37 PM
It's great to root for the underdog but I'd rather be the top dog with everyone gunning for you although it looks like the pack will be underdogs for most of this season. neither bird nor plane nor even frog just liitle old me Underdog.

Anti-Polar Bear
06-15-2006, 03:38 PM
word

Actually, there's two words: Ted Thompson.

If it werent for Ted Thompson, Pack would be comming off a SB win and, given that favre has decided to return, would on the verge of another.

Tony Oday
06-15-2006, 03:56 PM
And you are dating Angelina Jolie... Sherman didnt have the stones to win a Super Bowl.

jack's smirking revenge
06-15-2006, 04:01 PM
And you are dating Angelina Jolie... Sherman didnt have the stones to win a Super Bowl.

<-----------------------(see avatar)

Do you know something I dont? She's dating me. Am I gonna have to give Tank a Fight Club-style asskickin'?

tyler

CaptainKickass
06-15-2006, 04:14 PM
http://www.toontracker.com/totaltv/underdog.htm

Travbrew
06-15-2006, 04:39 PM
word

If it werent for Ted Thompson, Pack would be comming off a SB win and, given that favre has decided to return, would on the verge of another.

Thanks Tank, I needed a laugh. You are beyond a shadow of doubt, the most retarded poster in the history of forums. I love you man. Keep up the stupidity. It keeps this place balanced.

Polaris
06-15-2006, 04:47 PM
[
Thanks Tank, ........ You are beyond a shadow of doubt, the most retarded poster in the history of forums. .

I haven't been at this site very long, but if we're giving out trophies for the most retarded poster in the history of forums, there's some people that clearly deserve to be on the ballot.

ESPNpack, P@ck 66, Champ, , a number of people over at the Packernews forum.

And of course, this would be an entirely separate category from the "Most dishonest poster", which would be the place where you'd put people who've stretched the truth to the greatest length to support their own agenda.

So, I don't know much about Tank but I do know that he'd have to be a world class moron to be in the runnign for the "most retarded poster in the history of forums"
/ :shock:

Rastak
06-15-2006, 05:06 PM
[
Thanks Tank, ........ You are beyond a shadow of doubt, the most retarded poster in the history of forums. .

I haven't been at this site very long, but if we're giving out trophies for the most retarded poster in the history of forums, there's some people that clearly deserve to be on the ballot.

ESPNpack, P@ck 66, Champ, , a number of people over at the Packernews forum.

And of course, this would be an entirely separate category from the "Most dishonest poster", which would be the place where you'd put people who've stretched the truth to the greatest length to support their own agenda.

So, I don't know much about Tank but I do know that he'd have to be a world class moron to be in the runnign for the "most retarded poster in the history of forums"
/ :shock:

Actually Polaris I think it's 75% schtik with Tank.

Noodle
06-15-2006, 05:35 PM

Schtik or smoke. Hard to tell.

Anti-Polar Bear
06-15-2006, 05:48 PM

Am I gonna have to give Tank a Fight Club-style asskickin'?

tyler

I don't think you can. You are only an imagination; a product of some one else's mind. You wasn't you who fucked some other guy's wife. And it sure wasn't you who knocked the shit out of that guy. You're his imagination and nothing else. :cool:

Anybody know where i can buy a brand new copy of Fight Club? Have always wanted to buy one, but refrained from doing such because I am/was either:

A. Lazy
B. Hates shopping
C. Broke
D. All of the above.

Anti-Polar Bear
06-15-2006, 05:52 PM

I didnt put up a great deal of effort writing the Ted is trapped in the closet epic/lyrics and the other great lyrics just to be a schtic, Mr. Queen fan. :evil:

Rastak
06-15-2006, 06:05 PM

I didnt put up a great deal of effort writing the Ted is trapped in the closet epic/lyrics and the other great lyrics just to be a schtic, Mr. Queen fan. :evil:

That must have been the 25% Tank!

Fosco33
06-15-2006, 06:45 PM

tyler

I don't think you can. You are only an imagination; a product of some one else's mind. You wasn't you who fucked some other guy's wife. And it sure wasn't you who knocked the shit out of that guy. You're his imagination and nothing else. :cool:

Anybody know where i can buy a brand new copy of Fight Club? Have always wanted to buy one, but refrained from doing such because I am/was either:

A. Lazy
B. Hates shopping
C. Broke
D. All of the above.

Deepdiscountdvd.com works well for me - fast and cheaper ($13.88 and no S&H) than most including wally world.

http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=FXD004478

Anti-Polar Bear
06-15-2006, 06:54 PM

tyler

A. Lazy
B. Hates shopping
C. Broke
D. All of the above.

Deepdiscountdvd.com works well for me - fast and cheaper ($13.88 and no S&H) than most including wally world.

http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=FXD004478

thank you very much man.

Now back to th e topic: lets respond to Favre haters. Most of them are vikings fans, i believe.

Willard
06-15-2006, 07:19 PM
Not only is Favre the best QB in Green Bay, he is the best in the NFC North. For this reason we should all have hope that the Pack can turn it around in 2006 and take the division back.

Fosco33
06-15-2006, 07:20 PM
Not only is Favre the best QB in Green Bay, he is the best in the NFC North. For this reason we should all have hope that the Pack can turn it around in 2006 and take the division back.

Right on. Welcome to the forum.

woodbuck27
06-15-2006, 07:45 PM

Right on Packer Fan !

When it comes to Favre I'll admit . . . I'm biased
'a REAL HOMER'.

He has given me way too much to appreciate fully, as he's done the next to impossible, and I don't like missing a minute of 'his Houdini act', as he shows us something really different nearly every game.

pbmax
06-15-2006, 09:16 PM
word

You think Sherman was going to quit on his own?

First I heard of that : )

mmmdk
06-16-2006, 03:14 AM
My eldest brother is a Saints fan and my best friend is a Falcon; they both keep saying:"Favre is done...right!? I usually answer: "I wouldn't be so sure - we'll have to wait and see". That scares them - especially my brother as he's counting on a revenge win for the Saints at Lambeau. They both love Favre but they think he's over the hill. A lot of NFL writers and fans are counting the Packers out too. Fine with me. I honestly don't know what to expect come september but it can only go up from last year. Anything from 4-12 to 11-5 is possible though. But Favre is key (again) yet he can't run wild again hence the 4-12 possibility. I say 7-9 as of now and Favre will rebound. :mrgreen:

Packers4Ever
06-16-2006, 02:43 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/si_blogs/nfl/huddle_up/2006/2006/06/quarterback-woes-around-nfl.html

If you enjoy watching Brett play as much as I do or have thoughts on the QB situation, please post a comment at the above link (I've got a few out there already) about this article from SI. There are tons of haters out there!

I didn't realize 'til just now (or I'm just a real homer) how most fans in the NFL are completely counting out the Packers and Brett next year. The real fans here know he didn't have his best year but also that he's not washed up (injuries, close losses, etc.). Come on - show them G&G pride!

I'll be visiting that site and putting in my 2c worth, Fosco, but I also

wanted to say, if this article carries any weight, how come our Brett

is still very high in the "favorite athlete" poll ?? It doesn't compute. :mad: