PDA

View Full Version : Rouse Not Winning In Bid To Start?

Scott Campbell
08-15-2008, 11:41 AM
http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080814/PKR01/80814148/1954/PKR03

Safety mix remains to be determined

"Yet, the major battle the Green Bay Packers anticipated in training camp for a starting job at safety hasn’t materialized because Rouse’s play through almost three weeks of camp hasn’t matched incumbents Nick Collins and Atari Bigby."

"Rouse could help force that issue by making another turnover play or two in the final three exhibition games, though there still will be concerns about his speed, which doesn’t appear to be at the 4.5-second 40-yard dash mark it was coming out of college last year."

That's disappointing to read that he looks slower than his 4.5 time

mission
08-15-2008, 12:03 PM
Im not sure if it said ALL THAT ...

Maxie the Taxi
08-15-2008, 12:52 PM
Shottenheimer is impressed with Collins' "athleticism."

First of all, what does that mean?

And second, what good is the "athleticism" if he misses tackles and has hands like bricks? (Unless I'm mistaken, he dropped another chance at an interception against the Bengels.)

Scott Campbell
08-15-2008, 01:13 PM

I think it means he gets to play despite his lack of natural instincts.

KYPack
08-15-2008, 01:22 PM
This might be the nudge that Collins needed. He's got a lot of skills, but doesn't perform up to his potntial. With Rouse in the wings, Nicky Nick may finally break out.

Rouse hasn't really played S that long, but the guy has a great feel for the game. if Collins goes into one of his slumps, we've now got a guy who play and play at a high level.

3irty1
08-15-2008, 02:50 PM
I wonder if we'll ever see him him at outside linebacker in the NFL.

sharpe1027
08-15-2008, 03:17 PM

And second, what good is the "athleticism" if he misses tackles and has hands like bricks? (Unless I'm mistaken, he dropped another chance at an interception against the Bengels.)

I think the answer is that Shottenheimer and any form of "impressive/impressed" should never be used in the same sentence (excluding, or course: "I was not impressed with Shottenheimer's coaching.")

bobblehead
08-15-2008, 06:14 PM
This is precisely why all the idiots who were all over TT last year are...idiots. Most of them were only happy with the rouse/clowney picks due to reading a fast 40 time....guess what, 40 times don't impress me, football players do (which collins isn't either).

MadtownPacker
08-15-2008, 07:10 PM
If Rouse isnt starting the whole defensive coaching staff needs to be fired. At that point if M3 doesn't play him he needs to be fired too. After that TT should be fired if his new coach doesn't play him. If Murphy doesn't get staff that will play him he should then quit.

He is just that much better than Collins IMO.

pbmax
08-15-2008, 07:14 PM
If we just had a player on the team who was veteran enough and trusted enough to tell the Coach, GM and CEO how to do their jobs...

:lol:

If Rouse isnt starting the whole defensive coaching staff needs to be fired. At that point if M3 doesn't play him he needs to be fired too. After that TT should be fired if his new coach doesn't play him. If Murphy doesn't get staff that will play him he should then quit.

He is just that much better than Collins IMO.

Scott Campbell
08-15-2008, 07:41 PM
If we just had a player on the team who was veteran enough and trusted enough to tell the Coach, GM and CEO how to do their jobs...

........via text message.

RashanGary
08-15-2008, 07:46 PM
Collins was voted by coaches, players and fans as a probowl alternate. Fans could care less about him so I'm assuming the coaches and players had something to do with that. Maybe we judge him a little too harshly here, eh?

SnakeLH2006
08-16-2008, 12:37 AM

40 times are BS unless you can't outrun the peeps on the streets.

Reality:

Collins is probably the only DB who doesn't make Kurt bring in sandwiches for meetings or call him a Daddy's boy/poser behind his back. Collins ran a 4.36 at the combine, and Rouse a 4.4 at VTech pre-draft....none of that makes sense when you look at production. Rouse makes plays, Collins misses tackles and whiffs at picks with shaky hands...

That's like dating a girl because she's hot and makes you look good in front of your friends but is crappy in the sack. I prefer the type like CPK1994's mom, yea she's definitely not a looker, but will make the plays to keep you coming back. :lol: