PDA

View Full Version : JOHNSON SAYS HE COULD BEAT PHELPS

packers11
08-15-2008, 02:57 PM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/08/14/johnson-says-he-could-beat-phelps/

JOHNSON SAYS HE COULD BEAT PHELPS

Posted by Mike Florio on August 14, 2008, 7:32 a.m. EDT
Apparently irritated by the fact that there’s an athlete not named Chad Johnson who’s getting so much attention, the athlete currently named Chad Johnson said Wednesday that he could beat Olympic swimming stud Michael Phelps.

The declaration came Wednesday on ESPN’s Pardon the Interruption, in a segment during which Johnson addressed various topics.

“The problem with Michael Phelps is there’s no competition where he is,” Johnson said. “Now if he came to where I’m from, which is the inner city, Liberty City [in Miami], I was the three-time Charles Hadley Pool champ. . . . I know a couple people who could beat Michael Phelps right now. Seriously, I’m telling you. And I’m one of them.”

It’s unknown whether Johnson would want a head start, like he did when he raced a horse a couple of years ago.

Meanwhile, it’s also unknown whether Johnson was asked about his effort to change his surname to “Ocho Cinco.” We reported on the bizarre (but, considering the source, understandable) maneuver on Tuesday night.

Tyrone Bigguns
08-15-2008, 04:12 PM
Chad is always good fun.

falco
08-15-2008, 04:53 PM
8-)

MJZiggy
08-15-2008, 05:49 PM
He could beat him in what? Poolside chess?

mission
08-15-2008, 05:51 PM
Even that would be a stretch!

RashanGary
08-15-2008, 05:54 PM
Phelps is a manimal. He makes me feel like less of a man every time I watch him swim, hell, every time I watch him breath.

MJZiggy
08-15-2008, 05:56 PM
He makes me feel like you're less of a man as well... :satan:

mission
08-15-2008, 05:57 PM
Phelps is a manimal. He makes me feel like less of a man every time I watch him swim, hell, every time I watch him breath.

Shit, he's 8 inches longer than you even after being in the pool.

He's the Chuck Norris of swimming.

RashanGary
08-15-2008, 06:01 PM

You obviously havn't seen my penis.

MJZiggy
08-15-2008, 06:03 PM
And that's how I like it so let's keep it that way.

BallHawk
08-15-2008, 06:05 PM

http://www.klr650.net/forums/images/smilies/worthless.gif

MJZiggy
08-15-2008, 06:12 PM
If I don't wanna see that, why would you????

RashanGary
08-15-2008, 06:18 PM
:lol:

Don't be coy, ziggy. I know how you really feel.

All I'm saying is if you don't get back to me via PM shortly the offer is over. You're probably sitting there playing hard to get, like you saw on some stupid movie but I'm telling you now, stop it.

I like confident women. If you're not a confident woman then forget it.

MadtownPacker
08-15-2008, 07:00 PM
Ha, that's a good one from Ocho Cinco. The NFLN crew probably started busting up hard. :lol:

Jimx29
08-15-2008, 08:50 PM
*tries to recall any other prominent black swimmers in the past*
:|

Freak Out
08-15-2008, 08:58 PM
Isn't a member of the USA gold medal relay team black?

pbmax
08-15-2008, 10:47 PM
Funny is in the eye of the beholder and I usually find Chad funny. Liked the bit last weekend about it being too bad that Al and Charles couldn't play so they could "See where they were" by going against Chad.

Also liked the putting of the football with the pylon. Some people have a talent for these things.

T.O.: I liked the Sharpie and the popcorn.

Joe Horn once pulled a cell phone out of the padding on the goal post after a touchdown. Reminded everyone in the country about the person we all know that has cell phone conversations at the wrong time and place. Not funny.

Lurker64
08-15-2008, 10:52 PM

Cullen Jones was on the Gold Medal winning relay team and is black, he did, however, have the slowest time of any of the four members of that team, but considering his competition that's nothing to be embarrassed about.

SnakeLH2006
08-16-2008, 12:20 AM

I'm sure TT has.... :cry:

oregonpackfan
08-16-2008, 12:36 AM
Chad Johnson was a loud-mouthed, cocky, self-centered, man-child when he played at Oregon State. It appears he has not matured over the years. :roll:

SnakeLH2006
08-16-2008, 12:59 AM
Chad Johnson was a loud-mouthed, cocky, self-centered, man-child when he played at Oregon State. It appears he has not matured over the years. :roll:

Why put the sarcasm?....unless you feel he's matured?? :roll: (now that's how ya do it! :lol: )

3irty1
08-16-2008, 08:07 AM
I wish Phelps would make a statement where he says the Bengals should try him out at WR.

MOBB DEEP
08-16-2008, 09:01 AM
*tries to recall any other prominent black swimmers in the past*
:|

lol funny when michael smith said on around the horn that he "cant swim and im perpetuating the myth" that black folk cant.....

i tried to go snorkling in Hawiaii with wifey in 06...had on the life jacket, noodle/tube float thing around my chest and under my arms, foot fins or whatever they're called, AND mouth piece....

AS SOON as i jumped in the water i started to panic and it was a wrap

wifey was telln me how much i was missing not being able to look at the fishies under water and im like who gives a dam??!!

enjoyed the luau.....

the point chad was making is that folk from the hood have skills that they dont necessarily have the means to nurture; i.e., not as many facilities in the hood (olympic-sized pools, golf ranges/clubs, baseball daimonds, etc..). 4 footbal all u need is a pigskin and grass (concrete suffices for some hard rock ghettos) and bball all u need is a nerf hoop - he he

btw, i knew SO many cats as good as jordan who didnt make it out the hood likewise PLENTY bright kids who didnt go to school b/c they had to stay home to look after siblings

MOBB DEEP
08-16-2008, 09:03 AM

ahhh there u go...